Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

So I have a weird question. I play this game where there’s a weird type of battle mode. It’s called the battle tower and essentially, you play 3v3 battles one after another until you lose. The Pokémon you fight against are all builds pulled from Smogon of OU Pokemon, but there are no restrictions on your team. It’s AG. However, you aren’t able to switch your team out, and you always have the same opening Pokemon. However, they do heal after every battle. I’m looking for suggestions of Pokémon I should have in my team of 3 to try to get as far as possible. It’s everything up to USUM btw. I wasn’t sure where to post and ask about this. So if there’s a better spot, let me know! Thanks for any advice! :)

newgirl125

Banned deucer.
What happens if a player Gets two accounts on smoogon, is playing pokemon showdown with three accounts at the same time, but people cant ban them?

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Hello hello, sorry if it's a too general question, but how can i have good matchup against offensive teams?
No need to be too complete, if you give me a short reponse with the most common ways to deal with them, it should be enough, thanks!

I would like to suggest that you give regular users the ability to remove a poll from a thread they created and make a new poll in that same thread, at least in the Circus Maximus section. It is worth noting that Bulbagarden has this feature and it also runs on Xenforo software.

I don't know if this is the place to say this, but I wanted to suggest that for the analysis section for the various gens & metagames, it might be nice to expand the search to look for more specific information, such as what pokemon tend to run certain natures/moves/Abilities. I do a lot of past gen RNG abuse and due to the metagame changing so frequently, it would help to be able to figure out what the most common natures & moves a given pokemon runs so I can optimize its use through the different gens. With nature mints being a thing in S&S, its less of an issue from then on, but for all the past gens It would help a lot.

Haven't been able to find this suggestion being made before, so if this has been suggested im sorry.

Why isn't there a smogon clock? I see way too often that tournament scheduling goes wrong because of DST changes and just not calculating the right time. An easy fix to this would be a clock on the top right of smogon and showdown so everyone could just refer to smogon or showdown time.
1587382551586.png

(amazing paint example)

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Haven't been able to find this suggestion being made before, so if this has been suggested im sorry.

Why isn't there a smogon clock? I see way too often that tournament scheduling goes wrong because of DST changes and just not calculating the right time. An easy fix to this would be a clock on the top right of smogon and showdown so everyone could just refer to smogon or showdown time.
View attachment 238526
(amazing paint example)
Because even if the majority of Smogon and Showdown users are over in the Americas, there's still plenty who are not and those also host and play in tournaments. There's even multiple timezones over there, but EST (GMT-5) is probably the most used one for deadlines and such. Two users in Europe and Asia for example wouldn't benefit much by going by some universal Smogon time based in the Americas when they're trying to schedule for a game. You're gonna have to calculate time differences regardless of some universal one.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

View attachment 238526
(amazing paint example)
Timezones are something everyone will have to deal with. The server is based in EST/EDT (whichever the eastcoast of the US is currently using, EDT as of this post). You can check the time according to the server with /servertime.

I was watching a blunder video and he said that people can post teams on his "smogon wall". What is that and how can I access/use it? I looked through blender's profile page but I couldn't find anything. Does it not show up on mobile?

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I was watching a blunder video and he said that people can post teams on his "smogon wall". What is that and how can I access/use it? I looked through blender's profile page but I couldn't find anything. Does it not show up on mobile?
Smogon walls are just a person's profile (that you can access upon clicking their name) where you can leave them messages.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
So should I just use the "Start a Conversation" feature? I figured that that was for more informal stuff
"Start a conversation" is for private messages, visitor messages (on the wall) can be seen by everyone. It all depends on what you plan to say in that message and whether you want it to be public or not.

"Start a conversation" is for private messages, visitor messages (on the wall) can be seen by everyone. It all depends on what you plan to say in that message and whether you want it to be public or not.
Ok, I get it now. Thanks for the info

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
How do you insert a Quote into either a post or a signature? I see the insert quote option, but I don’t know what to do from there
For a post, you can highlight the text you want to quote and there will be a tooltip that says "Reply", you can click it and it will add it to your post.

For example, I will do this with the "How do you insert a Quote" part of your post by highlighting only it and then I will hit "Reply":
How do you insert a Quote
I cannot help you with signatures as I do not use quotes in them