The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Qualifying Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAHALLO and welcome to PART ONE OF THE UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS
This edition will feature the clown teams that have no chance of doing anything notable in the tournament. Which of these pitiful rosters will claim the highest spot in today's edition of the rankings? Let's find out.

Greece

CAPTAIN:
Ace-11
CO-CAPTAIN:
Christos21

LINEUP:
SS: Ace-11
SS: Astamatitos
SS: Mysterious M
SS: CBU
SS: Savouras
SS: Asuka Langley Soryu
SS: the pharoah
SS: BluBirD252

SUBS:
amber lamps
Laz
talah
roudolf13

LOOOOOOOL of course. The GOONS are back. Greece has returned to the scene for yet another World Cup, hoping that their sub-par group of castoffs can lift them to even a 14th place finish. The team suffered big losses with the recent changes to the WCoP format, as Astamatitos and roudolf13 were both kicked out of their homes. In addition, Astamatitos's parter in crime, Fear, finally realized that his country was simply not skilled enough to achieve anything notable in the tournament. He decided to take his talents to Europe under the leadership of his former manager, Tony Flygon. Can the team handle his departure? Well, obviously not. Anyway, let's examine the roster.

Well, if we follow the golden rule of Greek viability, we can basically cross off the entire roster besides Astamatitos. I don't really have any faith in any of the other players on this squad, and there's no evidence any of these people can succeed in SS OU. Ace-11 somehow managed to lower my opinion of him even more by deciding to attack the OU council for "not playing OU" despite the fact that almost all of them played in SPL, with some such as ABR even having standout Smogon Tour performances. This lineup is ridiculously unproven besides Asta, an ADV OU main; he has apparently played a fair amount of SS OU since it's release, though. I have a fair amount of confidence that he can go positive in this tournament, honestly. The rest of the team leaves much to be desired, though. The bench certainly isn't going to help the cause either; at least they had the sense to not start Talah, I guess.

Overall, this team's a complete dumpster fire, as expected. At least I've heard of their players, which is more than I can say about the other teams I'll be ranking shortly. They also have a good logo.

Belgium

Captain: Vextal
Co-captain: Ruft

~

Lineup:
:sirfetchd: SS OU: boulicrok :sirfetchd:
:lugia: SS OU: Eoward :lugia:

:latios: SS OU: le LLiolae :latios:
:dragapult: SS OU: MSnt :dragapult:
:swellow: SS OU: Quint_ :swellow:
:gengar: SS OU: Rubyblood :gengar:
:heracross: SS OU: Ruft :heracross:
:kyurem-black: SS OU: Vextal :kyurem-black:

~

Subs:
:conkeldurr: Alumn :conkeldurr:
:electivire: Kuifje00 :electivire:
:hydreigon: Wanony :hydreigon:
:snorlax: Yuma_ :snorlax:

I'm not even going to pretend like I know who most of these people are. Ruft talks in stours...so there's that LOL The only actual player on this entire roster is LLL, who I'm really not a believer in. He might be able to get like 1 win, I guess LOL He certainly isn't going to play more than 3 games so.

Yawn, let's just move on please.

Africa

Captain :

Bdlc téléchargement.jpeg

Assman :

Lucix

Our troops :

SS OU : Bdlc langfr-225px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png
SS OU : Lucix 1200px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
SS OU : Amir JPEG_20190922_224538.png
SS OU : UmPM téléchargement (1).jpeg
SS OU : zS flag-800.png
SS OU : Ismakhil Un-photographe-poursuivi-en-justice-par-un-singe-a-cause-d-un-selfie.jpg
SS OU : hidden 9782100789580-001-X.jpeg
SS OU : cherif18 ( ça me fume ptdr) 1235733-prodlibe-2019-0920-greta-thunberg.jpg
Subs :
The Black one : Raaango
images.jpeg

The modern one : BlessyZ
images (1).jpeg

The well dressed one : yuujirox
5-erreurs-que-l-on-fait-toutes-en-nettoyant-notre-vaisselle-a-la-main.jpeg

Even their format is unviable. Jesus fuck. Their logo's cool, at least.

Austria

Captain: MJ
Co-Captain: austriangeorge

adler.gif Lineup: adler.gif

SS OU: MJ aka Herbert "Schneckerl" Prohaska
herbert.jpg

SS OU: austriangeorge aka Parov Stelar
stelar.jpg

SS OU: mael aka Jugo Ürdens

SS OU: Astoria aka Yung Hurn
yung.jpg

SS OU: neomon aka Mefjus
neomon.jpeg

SS OU: schneeschwarz aka Raf Camora
raf.jpg

SS OU: Sieeeffmon aka Falco
falco.jpg

SS OU: Bausparvertrag aka Money Boy
moneyboy.jpg

beer.png Subs: beer.png

Bedschibaer aka Udo Jürgens

DnB aka Mozart
mozart.png

MangoSteak aka Wanda
Wanda.jpg

xKiri aka Seiler & Speer
seiler.jpg

I can't be assed to erase all these unnecessary lines of text for a team I'm just going to cross out anyway so. This team has 2 real players, one of them being an RBY main. I've never been a big mael fan, but he is an OST winner, so I have to show him some respect. Maybe he can get 2 wins and stop this team from going winless if they make it out of the qualifiers. Beds is solid at RBY, but at SS OU? idk man LOL

Let's just move on please. THEIR LOGO IS HEAT THOUGH GOD BLAZENIX

India

SS OU: Serene Grace
SS OU: SANJAY
SS OU: J0RIS
SS OU: Winterains
SS OU: Blimax
SS OU: So Noisy
SS OU: Floss

SS OU: OminousDraco
===============================================

SUBS:
RaJ.Shoot
Mikaav
King Leo V
Dj Breloominati♬

LOL Well, I remember some of these clowns from the qualifiers a few seasons ago my lord. I guess the fake blimlax and ominousdraco can avoid the cross out just cuz of that, but not like I expect them to do anything. Serene Grace had a solid LC showing in SPL, but do we really a random ass mainer is gonna succeed on the big stage in SS OU? I would'nt count on it. I feel like SANJAY was an Osh goon or some shit so I guess there's that. No real hope here. J0RIS is like a lower tier ladder fiend iirc. Is he gonna do anything significant? No. At least he's 1-0 on the sheet lol.

Overall, India's trash. like. OBVIOUSLY.

China

Captain: fsk
:tyranitar: Co-Captain: sstj :tyranitar:

Players:

:starmie: Starmind :starmie:
:magikarp: line38324 :magikarp:
:mareep: fyfyk :mareep:
:flaaffy: wuqianying :flaaffy:
:tyranitar: sstj :tyranitar:

:spinda: popoling :spinda:
:luxray: Vusty. :luxray:
:reuniclus: Dora :reuniclus:
:cryogonal: Separation :cryogonal:

:pawniard: yjh971203 :pawniard:
:oricorio: kahili :oricorio:
:applin: guangguang :applin:

Not the overhyped as fuck Chinese clowns again my lord. popoling can avoid the cross out because everyone and their mother was on his nuts last tour. No real faith, but hey, it's something lol.........yjh is a notable name who has had some decent performances in the past. He's 8-12 on the sheet, though, so I don't expect too much. But, hey, maybe he can nab a win. Guanguang also avoids the cross out because his name is similar to Zarel's, so maybe he can bribe him or something I don't know.

Can we stop hyping these awful players please?

Argentina

Captain: ziloXX
Co-Captain: ElectricityCat

LINE-UP
SS OU: Gonz@lo
SS OU: mamawebos rodriguez
SS OU: Kyundai
SS OU: Makesuit
SS OU: ElectricityCat
SS OU: SM Larvitar
SS OU: MegaLucario

===============================================

SUBS
ziloXX
Abejas
AugustRadburn
Enzonana.
IloveScaldBurns

Argentina's relevant enough to have a team? Oh, wait...no, they're not.

UK

Captain: HJAD
Co-Captain: shade

Line-Up:

SS OU: 1 True Lycan
SS OU: High Impulse
SS OU: The Hallows
SS OU: p2
SS OU: Hamhamhamhamham
SS OU: bugzinator
SS OU: Gingy

Substitutes:

Teddeh
Osh
Cam
Roseybear
Diophantine

Chairman of Football Operations: Triangles

You know things are dire when you're blown away by the fucking UK LINEUP LOOOOOOOOOL oh my god. This team actually has some PLAYERS OMG The Baron was a menace last SPL, and currently sits at 19-11 on the sheet. I definitely expect him to go positive. Next up, we have my boy AMIR LOOL HELLO Amir was definitely a threat when he played, but like LOOL this man's definitely crust are you kidding me??? He's sure as hell better than the Hallows, though, who's unviable for sure. p2 plays some decent games at times, but I don't really think he's good; he's kind of choke-prone as well. I'm not expecting much here. Definitely not expecting anything out of hamx8294890 either. bugzinator is another lower tier player who I've always been impressed with. I think he's skilled enough to where he could definitely go positive if he tries. The last player in the lineup is Gingy, who is certainly not good.

The team also has Teddeh on the bench; he's a lower tier mainer who I've always thought was pretty solid ever since his breakout tour in SPL 6. I generally don't have faith in the abilities of mainers to transition to OU tiers, so I'm a bit skeptical here. He might be able to do okay, though. The same can be said for Osh. The other players aren't relevant.

Overall, this is the best team I've rated today. Congrats. Maybe you can finish in 13th place.

Rankings

D rank:

1. UK

D minus rank:

2. Greece

Unviable:

3. Austria
4. Belgium
5. China
6. India

Not good enough to even be in the rankings:

7 / 8. Africa / Argentina (flip a coin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)