Project SS NU Teambuilding Lab v2.0 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
approved by Eternally & rozes
OP stolen from here

NU TB Lab.png

Art by Kaiju Bunny :heart:

- Have a one paragraph description with the core / Pokemon you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon (a.k.a. not on the NU Viability Rankings). This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- Please refrain from posting teams unless you are an "employee," but if you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the construction of a certain team, PM me.
- Do note that requests for teams built around mons that are below C rank are not allowed anymore as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C rank is still allowed)

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the NU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Note: If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

Host
Oathkeeper

Builders
Abejas
Corthius
daniYSB
Meri Berry
neomon
Pokeslice
Togkey

Announcements
  • The Lab is currently NOT ACCEPTING builder applications!
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Oathkeeper

Specs Basculin Bulky Offense - Abejas
Basculin (Red-Striped Form) icon
Orbeetle icon
Sandaconda icon
Alola Form
Fan Rotom
Toxicroak icon

Band Froslass Bulky Offense - xerovis
Froslass icon
Gourgeist (Average Size) icon
Fan Rotom
Galarian Form
Alola Form
Silvally icon
Fire

Band Golurk + NP Frostom Offense - quziel
Golurk icon
Frost Rotom
Clefairy icon
Eldegoss icon
Alola Form
Silvally icon
Water

QD Butterfree Bulky Offense - GW
Butterfree icon
Alola Form
Silvally icon
Poison
Togedemaru icon
School Form
Piloswine icon

QD Lilligant Bulky Offense - Oathkeepre
School Form
Silvally icon
Steel
Toxicroak icon
Alcremie icon

RP Golurk Hyper Offense - SpacialRendevous
Cursola icon
Abomasnow icon
Golurk icon
Silvally icon
Dragon
Skuntank icon

Butterfree Hyper Offense - Abejas
Butterfree + Alcremie BO - Abejas
Silvally icon
Dragon
Cursola icon

School Form
Galarian Form

Ditto Stall - Luck O' the Irish
Ditto icon
Cofagrigus icon
Miltank icon
Eldegoss icon
Quagsire icon
Togedemaru icon

Sylveon HO - your____bro

LO SF Druddigon BO - SpacialRendevous
Ninjask icon
Bronzong icon
Mow Rotom

PKQ's 2nd HO Team - Rabia

CB Golurk BO - quziel

AV Bewear BO - your____bro

Team #2
Mow Rotom

InteleTom Balance - Roxiee
Mow Rotom

NP Zoroark Balance - abejas

Banded Copperajah BO - Oathkeepre

Cresselia Balance - GW

Articuno-G + Pangoro Balance - Luck O' the Irish
Galarian Form

Band Tyrantrum Webs - xerovis + Oathkeepre

Specs Xatu BO - abejas

T-Spikes Dragalge Stall - Luck O' the Irish

Flygon + Golisopod BO - Oathkeepre
Mow Rotom
Ghost

Sylveon + Talonflame - Corthius
Mow Rotom

Band Aerodactyl BO - Roxiee

Alo"lure"chu Offense - SpacialRendevous + xerovis
Alola Form
Female

Espeon + Sylveon Screens - roxiee

Specs Exploud Balance - Corthius

Offensive Arcanine Team 1 - xerovis

Team 2
Mow Rotom

BD Charizard w/o Screens - daniYSB
Mow Rotom

FE Inteleon + Sirfetch'd - GW

Stallbreaker Salazzle - daniYSB

Band Guzzlord + Specs Sylveon BO - meri berry
Mow Rotom

Specs Sylveon Balance - meri berry
Mow Rotom

Sub Mixed Arctovish Semi-stall - daniYSB

Guts Machamp - Togkey
:machamp: :dragalge: :indeedee-f: :silvally:(Ground) :dhelmise: :copperajah:

Last edited:
requesting specs basculin

Basculin has always interested me as a breaker, and it seems set to tear apart the tier with it's ridiculously high powered hydro pumps and modest flip turns. The only other offensive water in NU is silvally water and while the wet dog robot thingy might have fallen off in viability, specs basculin has shown itself to a be a fast and fishious breaker outspeeding and outright 0hkoing offensive staples that are set back by their lower speed tier. The team I would like for basculin is a bulky offensive that can take advantage of the mons that basculin breaks and the ones that it forces in as a result. Thanks for reading this far btw.

d3bc5112d4e013dc4d757ef7219ef64c.jpg

Last edited:
Requesting a team based BANDED froslass.

:Froslass: :choice band:

Ever since dlc dropped, it gained a few new toys in poltergeist and triple axel kick, making its alright attack stat tempting with such high bp moves. Under the right conditions, Froslass can go to town shredding weakened teams apart with these moves.

I would like an offensive team, preferably volt turn bulky offense, as it can have a hard time switching in due to its fraility. It would be much appreciated if it could be paired up with a defensive backbone for it to fall back on and reliable hazard support and removal. And most importantly a teamate that can demolish that stupid cow :Miltank::psyangry: (God i hate it so much). Thanks for reading this lengthy request.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
requesting specs basculin

Basculin has always interested me as a breaker, and it seems set to tear apart the tier with it's ridiculously high powered hydro pumps and modest flip turns. The only other offensive water in NU is silvally water and while the wet dog robot thingy might have fallen off in viability, specs basculin has shown itself to a be a fast and fishious breaker outspeeding and outright 0hkoing offensive staples that are set back by their lower speed tier. The team I would like for basculin is a bulky offensive that can take advantage of the mons that basculin breaks and the ones that it forces in as a result. Thanks for reading this far btw.

View attachment 262575
:basculin: :orbeetle: :sandaconda: :persian alola: :rotom fan: :toxicroak: (click the sprites for the team)

Hey buddy, I have wanted to build around this mon for a long time and I finally found an excuse to do it. The team started out with Specs Basculin as you requested and Orbeetle since I thought webs+specs basculin might be busted. Orbeetle also provides a solid check to Special Toxicroak, which is a huge threat in the current metagame and that can come in for free if you are locked into a specs water move. This mon is also a great pivot for Basculin since it can lure it common ground types and go for U-Turn. Next up is Sandaconda, this mon was chosen because it provides a solid counter to Physical Toxicroaks while also providing rocks and a great check to Silvallys. Persian-Alola provides another solid check to the silvallys and a check to Ghost and Normal types, its also a nice pivot with access to Knock Off and Parting Shot. This maximizes the time Specs Basculin can come in (pretty much for free). Rotom Fan is a great defogger with access to volt switch, letting Basculin come in again. And finally Scarf Toxicroak is the glue to this team, it provides speed control, a great late game wincon and a check to opposing Basculins.

Other options:
  • You could swap out Ice Beam for Psychic Fangs if you really hate Toxicroak, but I think you have enough checks and counters to it so it isnt really a threat
  • You could opt for AoA Toxicroak over Scarf since the team has a lot of opportunities to let it in and basically claim a kill. This however makes Persian-Alola your main form of speed control (which isnt that bad tbh) and makes webs being up pretty much a necessity.
I hope this team works out for you and have fun! :]

:basculin: :orbeetle: :sandaconda: :persian alola: :rotom fan: :toxicroak: (click the sprites for the team)

Hey buddy, I have wanted to build around this mon for a long time and I finally found an excuse to do it. The team started out with Specs Basculin as you requested and Orbeetle since I thought webs+specs basculin might be busted. Orbeetle also provides a solid check to Special Toxicroak, which is a huge threat in the current metagame and that can come in for free if you are locked into a specs water move. This mon is also a great pivot for Basculin since it can lure it common ground types and go for U-Turn. Next up is Sandaconda, this mon was chosen because it provides a solid counter to Physical Toxicroaks while also providing rocks and a great check to Silvallys. Persian-Alola provides another solid check to the silvallys and a check to Ghost and Normal types, its also a nice pivot with access to Knock Off and Parting Shot. This maximizes the time Specs Basculin can come in (pretty much for free). Rotom Fan is a great defogger with access to volt switch, letting Basculin come in again. And finally Scarf Toxicroak is the glue to this team, it provides speed control, a great late game wincon and a check to opposing Basculins.

Other options:
  • You could swap out Ice Beam for Psychic Fangs if you really hate Toxicroak, but I think you have enough checks and counters to it so it isnt really a threat
  • You could opt for AoA Toxicroak over Scarf since the team has a lot of opportunities to let it in and basically claim a kill. This however makes Persian-Alola your main form of speed control (which isnt that bad tbh) and makes webs being up pretty much a necessity.
I hope this team works out for you and have fun! :]
thanks! It looks really fun

Requesting a team based BANDED froslass.

:Froslass: :choice band:

Ever since dlc dropped, it gained a few new toys in poltergeist and triple axel kick, making its alright attack stat tempting with such high bp moves. Under the right conditions, Froslass can go to town shredding weakened teams apart with these moves.

I would like an offensive team, preferably volt turn bulky offense, as it can have a hard time switching in due to its fraility. It would be much appreciated if it could be paired up with a defensive backbone for it to fall back on and reliable hazard support and removal. And most importantly a teamate that can demolish that stupid cow :Miltank::psyangry: (God i hate it so much). Thanks for reading this lengthy request.

Hey SpookMÆN!

:froslass: :gourgeist-small: :Rotom-fan: :stunfisk-galar: :persian-alola: :Silvally: (Click the Sprites to Access the Pokepaste)

We built you a team to capitalize on your banded lass desires.

I can understand the pain you've been feeling with Miltank as it is quite troublesome to deal with sometimes.

At the offensive forefront you have ghostspam which will lure the cow in, and both offensive ghosts have tools for crippling the cow. Gourgeist is a great lure for Sap Sipper Cows, and can deliver a toxic on the switch in, while in a pinch Froslass can trick its band onto seismic toss variants of cow to stop them from healing or removing status.

Stunfisk-G was added as a reliable bulky rocker as well as a check to opposing Rotoms, and Rotom Fan was added to provide you with a reliable defogger as well as add Volt Switch to the team. The team was also equipped with Persian-Alola, who brings needed physical bulk, a ghost/dark check, and a fast defensive pivot to the team. To round the team out and to patch up the fire weakness created by the first three team mates, Special Silvally-Fire was used to cap the team off and add a third pivot.

A couple options for the team:

• Silvally-Fire has a very wide movepool which can be customized as you see fit - Flamethrower is the necessary stab, but the rest are swappable. Thunderbolt is good for dealing with Qwilfish and Wishiwashi, while Grass Pledge helps with Quagsires coming in. Although we felt that this movepool fit the team the best, other options can include Surf for opposing Rapidash and Firevally's or Ice Beam to deal with Silvally-Dragon.
  • If you find the team is struggling a bit with Cofagrigus, you can switch out giest for a special attacker Decidueye, but remember that it should pack toxic for punishing Miltank.
  • If trying to deal with Miltank through status and trick isn't your speed, you can optionally replace Rotom-Fan and Silvally-Fire with Lanturn and Hitmontop, so that you can use Hitmontop to attack Miltank directly :

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 148 Def / 200 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Whirlpool
- Heal Bell

Hitmontop (M) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Mach Punch / Toxic / Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:
Hey SpookMÆN!

:froslass: :gourgeist-small: :Rotom-fan: :stunfisk-galar: :persian-alola: :Silvally: (Click the Sprites to Access the Pokepaste)

We built you a team to capitalize on your banded lass desires.

I can understand the pain you've been feeling with Miltank as it is quite troublesome to deal with sometimes.

At the offensive forefront you have ghostspam which will lure the cow in, and both offensive ghosts have tools for crippling the cow. Gourgeist is a great lure for Sap Sipper Cows, and can deliver a toxic on the switch in, while in a pinch Froslass can trick its band onto seismic toss variants of cow to stop them from healing or removing status.

Stunfisk-G was added as a reliable bulky rocker as well as a check to opposing Rotoms, and Rotom Fan was added to provide you with a reliable defogger as well as add Volt Switch to the team. The team was also equipped with Persian-Alola, who brings needed physical bulk, a ghost/dark check, and a fast defensive pivot to the team. To round the team out and to patch up the fire weakness created by the first three team mates, Special Silvally-Fire was used to cap the team off and add a third pivot.

A couple options for the team:

• Silvally-Fire has a very wide movepool which can be customized as you see fit - Flamethrower is the necessary stab, but the rest are swappable. Thunderbolt is good for dealing with Qwilfish and Wishiwashi, while Grass Pledge helps with Quagsires coming in. Although we felt that this movepool fit the team the best, other options can include Surf for opposing Rapidash and Firevally's or Ice Beam to deal with Silvally-Dragon.
  • If you find the team is struggling a bit with Cofagrigus, you can switch out giest for a special attacker Decidueye, but remember that it should pack toxic for punishing Miltank.
  • If trying to deal with Miltank through status and trick isn't your speed, you can optionally replace Rotom-Fan and Silvally-Fire with Lanturn and Hitmontop, so that you can use Hitmontop to attack Miltank directly :

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 148 Def / 200 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Whirlpool
- Heal Bell

Hitmontop (M) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Mach Punch / Toxic / Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Hope you enjoy the team!
Woah this was everything I've wanted and more, great work builders.:blobthumbsup:

Howdy there.

I would like to request a team based around a Golurk :Golurk:

Since Ive been swept by it multiple times on the ladder recently, I thought it would be a good idea to try him myself. Now, since I'm a terrible builder this place is an awsome opportunity for me to try this mon out.

I would like a balanced offense team, preferably with some momentum so Golurk could come in and wreck havoc. On the other hand, a check to Golurk itself would be nice too. I leave the rest to you. Thanks.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Yo, gonna be pretty lazy with the formatting but hope everything comes through:

CB Lurk + NP Rotom-Frost Offense

Basically my main thought process here is that well, NP Frosttom forces in Clef, Toge, Lanturn, and a few other mons that all universally share the trait of being easily KO'd by CB Golurk. Wish Clef is basically purely a style choice, but having a semi-reliable fighting / cofa answer which can rock, and heal up the two main breakers is very desirable. Goss and HDB Persian-A finish up the defensive core of the team pretty well by checking ground types, while Persian provides a catch all check to basically every vally forme while being an excellent recipient of wishes. Finally, SD Watervally is a pick that has fallen off as of late, for pretty good reasons, but U-turn Pfangs is nice here to compress a secondary pilo check, speed, and croak check, which the team otherwise lacks.

Yo, gonna be pretty lazy with the formatting but hope everything comes through:

CB Lurk + NP Rotom-Frost Offense

Basically my main thought process here is that well, NP Frosttom forces in Clef, Toge, Lanturn, and a few other mons that all universally share the trait of being easily KO'd by CB Golurk. Wish Clef is basically purely a style choice, but having a semi-reliable fighting / cofa answer which can rock, and heal up the two main breakers is very desirable. Goss and HDB Persian-A finish up the defensive core of the team pretty well by checking ground types, while Persian provides a catch all check to basically every vally forme while being an excellent recipient of wishes. Finally, SD Watervally is a pick that has fallen off as of late, for pretty good reasons, but U-turn Pfangs is nice here to compress a secondary pilo check, speed, and croak check, which the team otherwise lacks.
The team looks amazing. Thanks!

Hello! I would like a bulky setup/volt turn team based around Butterfree. In the past my best and most fun teams have been based around heavy bulky pivots, steady momentum, and then a setup sweeper to clean. It works best for my personal style, and its always so satisfying to eat hits and click your setup move (think bulky volcarona/stored power mega latias) While Butterfree seems the best for this, I am open to any mon that can serve this role better. I would like the result to have pivot moves to give momentum to a bulky core, allowing butterfree(or whoever) to clean when the opportunity arises. I'm not sure if this is balance or semistall, if you have any clarifying questions I'm happy to help!

GW

I may be warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello! I would like a bulky setup/volt turn team based around Butterfree. In the past my best and most fun teams have been based around heavy bulky pivots, steady momentum, and then a setup sweeper to clean. It works best for my personal style, and its always so satisfying to eat hits and click your setup move (think bulky volcarona/stored power mega latias) While Butterfree seems the best for this, I am open to any mon that can serve this role better. I would like the result to have pivot moves to give momentum to a bulky core, allowing butterfree(or whoever) to clean when the opportunity arises. I'm not sure if this is balance or semistall, if you have any clarifying questions I'm happy to help!
Hey, avividrose! I've got a team with a few nice bulky pivots and butterfree for you!
The team

First off, since I wanted to keep the team as offensive as possible and didn't want to feel forced to run Miltank, I decided to have Persian-Alola as a solid dark resist and dedicated buffer against poltergeist users such as Gourgeist or Golurk. Next, I wanted a toxic absorber or hazard removal, and right now the team does not have too much against special attackers such as special toxicroak. Poisonvally is a great option in the current metagame, absorbing Toxic Spikes and being a nice bulky pivot to help your idea. It has Flamethrower to help hit ferroseed and Parting Shot to help keep up momentum. There is no real dragon or flying answer at this point as well as speed control outside of Persian-Alola, so I put on Togedemaru, one of the best scarfers. I gave it toxic to help cripple Miltank for Butterfree. Next, there is no real water or fire resist, so a bulkier option to fill this role was looking more and more likely. Wishiwashi fits this role perfectly and has earthquake to check either Scarf or Life Orb Toxicroak while also having u turn to bait in grasses for more potential with your Butterfree. Lastly, I did not want Togedemaru to be overwhelmed by electric types and I also needed a stealth rocker and wanted a secondary fire check. Piloswine does just that and adds an additional ice resist and volt immune to the team while also making sure there is a Stealth Rock user. Having an offensive monster and priority user is also super helpful for this type of bulky offensive team while also crippling defensive users such as Wishiwashi and Miltank with the toxic.

Hope you enjoy the team! :)

Hello everyone. I'd like a team utilizing the other ranked Quiver Dancer in this tier, Lilligant (though it can also be Scarf or whatever but QD seems to be the set it's even ranked for). It got the shaft in a big way with the loss of Hidden Power. Still, its Grass STAB can be devastating for a lot of targets while having a decent speed tier. I'd prefer a more offensive build, with hazard setters to boost Lilligant's power even further. Of course, with good Steel-types checks and decent momentum options to get Lilligant in more safely.

Hey, avividrose! I've got a team with a few nice bulky pivots and butterfree for you!
The team

First off, since I wanted to keep the team as offensive as possible and didn't want to feel forced to run Miltank, I decided to have Persian-Alola as a solid dark resist and dedicated buffer against poltergeist users such as Gourgeist or Golurk. Next, I wanted a toxic absorber or hazard removal, and right now the team does not have too much against special attackers such as special toxicroak. Poisonvally is a great option in the current metagame, absorbing Toxic Spikes and being a nice bulky pivot to help your idea. It has Flamethrower to help hit ferroseed and Parting Shot to help keep up momentum. There is no real dragon or flying answer at this point as well as speed control outside of Persian-Alola, so I put on Togedemaru, one of the best scarfers. I gave it toxic to help cripple Miltank for Butterfree. Next, there is no real water or fire resist, so a bulkier option to fill this role was looking more and more likely. Wishiwashi fits this role perfectly and has earthquake to check either Scarf or Life Orb Toxicroak while also having u turn to bait in grasses for more potential with your Butterfree. Lastly, I did not want Togedemaru to be overwhelmed by electric types and I also needed a stealth rocker and wanted a secondary fire check. Piloswine does just that and adds an additional ice resist and volt immune to the team while also making sure there is a Stealth Rock user. Having an offensive monster and priority user is also super helpful for this type of bulky offensive team while also crippling defensive users such as Wishiwashi and Miltank with the toxic.

Hope you enjoy the team! :)
Thank you!! Its perfect, you even got one of my favorite pokemon on there with piloswine. Works so good, Butterfree excels with this kind of support. Great write up too!

Oathkeeper

Hello everyone. I'd like a team utilizing the other ranked Quiver Dancer in this tier, Lilligant (though it can also be Scarf or whatever but QD seems to be the set it's even ranked for). It got the shaft in a big way with the loss of Hidden Power. Still, its Grass STAB can be devastating for a lot of targets while having a decent speed tier. I'd prefer a more offensive build, with hazard setters to boost Lilligant's power even further. Of course, with good Steel-types checks and decent momentum options to get Lilligant in more safely.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/540619fd422dc89a

Melons-N-Soda, here is your team my friend. This was a rather quick one since I already had this team built for analysis research. All that was made was a change or two which I will explain when I get to it.
Lilligant icon
is the mon you requested and it is QD like you wanted. Own Tempo with LO Petal Dance is an old school set, but this does the trick. So, no need to worry about confusion but the issue of being forced to stay in is there so be careful. Pollen Puff is there for other Grasses and Sleep Powder lets you get the leg up on potential walls.
Sandaconda icon
is obviously your rocker lol. Pretty standard Conda set with EdgeQuake + Glare. Glare helps against mons that outspeed Lilligant even at +1 like Flame Charge Silvally formes. Scarf Togedemaru also outspeeds it but Conda easily wins that 1v1.
School Form
This is your switch in to Ice and Fire since both of the former mons can't do so. Also is one of your pivots (and a slow one at that). EQ is for Croak (OHKOs after some chip). It also serves as a soft special wallbreaker for stuff like Weezing (which this team sort of stuggles with).
Silvally icon
Your defogger and normal/flying resist. The spread is designed for taking special moves better but it does its job. Parting Shot > U-turn would still be good as well.
Toxicroak icon
would be your scarfer and the quiet MVP of the team. Usually if Lilligant can't be your wincon, Croak is. Standard scarf set with Drain Punch > Cross Chop being an alternative for you, but Chop seems to have better success. Lastly,
Alcremie icon
rounds out this team as your primary Fighting check along with Conda+Croak. Normally, this set runs Mystical Fire with Gleam, but as I mentioned before, the team struggles vs. Weezing and Psychic helps out there. The downside is Alcremie can't hit Steels now. Feel free to change it if you so desire.

Other than that, enjoy the team buddy! :blobthumbsup:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/540619fd422dc89a

Melons-N-Soda, here is your team my friend. This was a rather quick one since I already had this team built for analysis research. All that was made was a change or two which I will explain when I get to it.
Lilligant icon
is the mon you requested and it is QD like you wanted. Own Tempo with LO Petal Dance is an old school set, but this does the trick. So, no need to worry about confusion but the issue of being forced to stay in is there so be careful. Pollen Puff is there for other Grasses and Sleep Powder lets you get the leg up on potential walls.
Sandaconda icon
is obviously your rocker lol. Pretty standard Conda set with EdgeQuake + Glare. Glare helps against mons that outspeed Lilligant even at +1 like Flame Charge Silvally formes. Scarf Togedemaru also outspeeds it but Conda easily wins that 1v1.
School Form
This is your switch in to Ice and Fire since both of the former mons can't do so. Also is one of your pivots (and a slow one at that). EQ is for Croak (OHKOs after some chip). It also serves as a soft special wallbreaker for stuff like Weezing (which this team sort of stuggles with).
Silvally icon
Your defogger and normal/flying resist. The spread is designed for taking special moves better but it does its job. Parting Shot > U-turn would still be good as well.
Toxicroak icon
would be your scarfer and the quiet MVP of the team. Usually if Lilligant can't be your wincon, Croak is. Standard scarf set with Drain Punch > Cross Chop being an alternative for you, but Chop seems to have better success. Lastly,
Alcremie icon
rounds out this team as your primary Fighting check along with Conda+Croak. Normally, this set runs Mystical Fire with Gleam, but as I mentioned before, the team struggles vs. Weezing and Psychic helps out there. The downside is Alcremie can't hit Steels now. Feel free to change it if you so desire.

Other than that, enjoy the team buddy! :blobthumbsup:
Nice little team you cooked up right here. Thanks a lot!

Corthius

diehard hockey fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Lovely project,

Requesting a team that features Rock Polish-Golurk
This Golurk-set seems to fit best on (Hyper-) Offense-Teams which i am just unable to build (I usually build Balance) and therefore asking you to build one for me. I don't really care what other mons are on the team since using HO already limits the team building.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: One thing - pls make sure that the team isn't to weak against Ninjask if Golurk is running Fighting coverage over Stone Edge or Heat Crash. I've been swept to many times.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm interested in a team that features Physical Froslass. Since the dawn of IoA, Froslass's options have expanded to include two great moves in Triple Axel and Poltergeist, and I'm interested in that given that she is both the fastest Ghost and Ice type in the tier. Froslass's dex entry is incomplete though, so the info I can find about how to use her is limited, hence why I'm trying to see if anyone can craft a team that includes her as a worthy member. Thanks!

Lovely project,

Requesting a team that features Rock Polish-Golurk
This Golurk-set seems to fit best on (Hyper-) Offense-Teams which i am just unable to build (I usually build Balance) and therefore asking you to build one for me. I don't really care what other mons are on the team since using HO already limits the team building.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: One thing - pls make sure that the team isn't to weak against Ninjask if Golurk is running Fighting coverage over Stone Edge or Heat Crash. I've been swept to many times.
:ss/cursola: :ss/abomasnow: :ss/golurk: :ss/silvally-dragon: :ss/skuntank: :ss/lilligant:
(Click on sprites for importable) Hey, Corthius! Per your request, I've made a Hyper Offense team featuring Rock Polish Golurk.

:cursola: First and foremost, Cursola is the team's dedicated lead, setting Stealth Rock for the team and deterring opposing hazard setters. You'll generally want to lead with Cursola in most games, unless you suspect that your opponent will try to anti-lead you with something like Dual Wingbeat Ninjask.
:abomasnow: Abomasnow supports the team's wallbreakers via Aurora Veil. With it in play, all 4 of them have more breathing room to set up. Abomasnow will usually come out immediately after Cursola to keep up the offensive tempo.
:golurk: The star of the show, and the mon your request centered around! In contrast to the other set up sweepers, Golurk aims to leverage its already-great offense and boost its speed to become a real threat. A Colbur Berry is used to stop strong Dark-type attacks like Sawk's Knock Off from fainting Golurk before it can set up. Running a Jolly nature is an option to outrun scarf Sawk, Toxicroak, and the occasional Rotom appliances after a Rock Polish, though this comes with a notable loss in power.
:silvally-dragon: Silvally-Dragon provides some much-needed defensive utility to the team, eating an assortment of common attacks like Basculin's Hydro Pump under Aurora Veil.
:skuntank:Skuntank is one of the team's 2 special sweepers, and it brings with it the nifty ability to remove Toxic Spikes. I opted for a bulkier spread made by Ho3nConfirm3d (shoutout to him!) to take attacks a little better while still outrunning slower mons. Of course, max speed is still a perfectly fine option if a little more offensive presence is desired.
:lilligant:Last but most certainly not least, Lilligant is still just as deadly a sweeper as it was in ORAS, even with the loss of Hidden Power. Nature Power is an option over Pollen Puff for better neutral coverage at the cost of making it harder to deal with opposing Grass-types.

From my testing with the team, Ninjask can be dealt with just fine, either via taking it out directly with something like Silvally-Dragon or revenge killing it with Abomasnow's Ice Shard. Ironically enough, opposing Ice-types are actually the biggest thorn in this team's side, as it lacks an Ice resist. Opposing Abomasnow can at least be pressured by Skuntank and/or be knocked out before they can fire off a Blizzard, but Rotom-Frost is a much tougher nut to crack. Getting up Stealth Rocks and keeping them up is vital in this matchup. That said, sorry for the wait, and I hope you enjoy the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)