move 2: Crabhammer
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Aqua Jet
item: Life Orb
ability: Adaptability
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Thanks to its incredible base 120 Attack stat and Adaptability-boosted STAB moves, Crawdaunt performs the role as wallbreaker in the OU metagame. An Adamant nature alongside Life Orb allows Crawdaunt to maximize its damage output. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move that hits weak and neutral targets such as Tyranitar, Clefable, and Mandibuzz very hard. Knock Off can severely cripple opposing Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex by removing their items and hitting them with great damage output. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened faster threats such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Hawlucha, Volcarona, Excadrill, and Rotom-H late-game.

Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users like Dragapult and Zeraora, as they can invite in defensive Pokemon like Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on them. In addition, offensive pivots such as Rillaboom and Magnezone are great partners, as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch, respectively, to revenge kill their Fire-type checks such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-H. Crawdaunt can struggle against Kommo-o and faster Grass-types like Rillaboom, so it appreciates being paired with Pokemon like Togekiss and Hawlucha in order to cover its vulnerabilities. Crawdaunt also appreciates Scizor as its teammate to deal with Kyurem and Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[hmsa2012, 386290]]
- Quality checked by: [[Ruft, 295110], [TPP, 260369]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Remove, add, comments
[SET]
Name: Swords Dance
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Aqua Jet
Move 3: Crabhammer
Move 4: Knock Off
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant

EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance

Fixed move order (main STABs before priority) and formatting

[SET COMMENTS]

This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due to its incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as Adaptability doubling the power of its STAB moves. This implies its STAB moves would do half as much without Adaptability, which is false, so rephrase this. Life Orb allows Crawdaunt to maximize its offensive potential at the cost of Hit Points. This is fluff, you can just mention Life Orb further amplifying its damage output in the first sentence somewhere. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened revenge killers late game. "Revenge killers" is a bit vague, just say "faster threats" and give examples. Move this sentence in accordance to the new move order too. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move due to Adaptability, and hits non-resisted Pokemon very hard. Give examples. Also, you don't have to mention Adaptability every time since you've already explained what this ability does for Crawdaunt. Knock Off, another move boosted by Adaptability, can severely cripple opposing Pokemon by removing their items and hit them with great damage output. Once again, give examples. An Adamant nature with maximum Attack EVs ensures Crawdaunt to deal as much damage as possible, while maximum Speed EVs allows Crawdaunt to be as fast as possible. You don't have to talk about max/max investment given no alternative spreads.

Offensive Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Magnezone appreciate Crawdaunt's ability to revenge kill the aformentioned's vulnerability to Fire-types such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat. Crawdaunt appreciates hazard removers such as Excadrill to increase Crawdaunt's durability on the field. This is not really notable/specific to Crawdaunt. Special Attack sweepers such as Volcarona and Hydreigon appreciate Crawdaunt's ability of removing items like Assault Vest and Eviolite that would otherwise give a hard time to such sweepers. Assault Vest and Eviolite are both very uncommon items in the current metagame. Lastly, Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeroara, as they can lure defensive Pokemon into battle and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Chansey, Blissey and Toxapex.

This section is quite incomplete. You need to talk about partners that can patch up its weaknesses. Some examples: Scizor helps with Rillaboom and Kyurem, while Togekiss helps with Rillaboom and Kommo-o.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [hmsa2012, 386290]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
There are some issues with this that need fixing. Please tag me when you're done so I can take another look.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due to its incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as Adaptability-boosted Water-type and Dark-type STAB moves, and Life Orb further amplifies its incredible damage output. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move that hits non-resisted Pokemon very hard such as Clefable, Corviknight, and Mandibuzz. Corviknight can be hit by Knock Off too, mention Tyranitar instead. Knock Off can severely cripple opposing Pokemon by removing their items and hit them with great damage output such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Blissey. Blissey can be hit by Crabhammer too, mention Toxapex instead. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened faster threats late game such as Zeraora, Dragapult, and Hawlucha. Definitely add Volcarona, Excadrill, and Rotom-H as mentions here.

Offensive Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Magnezone appreciate Crawdaunt's ability to revenge kill the aformentioned's vulnerability to Fire-types such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat. You should rephrase this sentence to include the fact that they can bring Crawdaunt in on these Pokemon via U-turn and Volt Switch respectively, which is really what's important. Crawdaunt struggles against faster Grass-types and Fighting-types such as Rillaboom and Kommo-O, so it appreciates being paired with Pokemon like Togekiss and Hawlucha in order to cover its vulnerabilities. Crawdaunt doesn't necessarily struggle against faster Fighting-types, it has a rough matchup against Kommo-o specifically because it's resistant to all of Crawdaunt's attacks, so I'd rephrase the first part to something like "Crawdaunt can struggle against Kommo-o and faster Grass-types like Rillaboom". Hawlucha is another Pokemon that is often paired with Crawdaunt that can help with these. Crawdaunt also appreciates Scizor as its teammate to deal with Kyurem and the aforementioned Rillaboom and Freeze-Dry Kyurem. Reordered because Kyurem isn't "aforementioned". Also, Dragon Dance Kyurem isn't currently relevant enough to specify Freeze-Dry. Lastly, Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeroara, as they can lure defensive Pokemon into battle and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Chansey, Blissey and Toxapex. I think it would make more sense if you tied this in with the first sentence of this paragraph, since I asked for you to mention VoltTurn there as well.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
You messed up these brackets a bit.
Some nice improvement, but I'd like to look over this once more after you've implemented this. Please tag me again when you've done so.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due to its incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as Adaptability-boosted Water-type and Dark-type STAB moves, and Life Orb further amplifies its incredible damage output.
I'm not GP but that feels like a run on sentence. I think the adaptability part could be shorter since "water and dark type" and "STAB" mean the same thing here. I might be wrong, so if you're unsure on that one, you can probably wait for GP to fix it. You could split the sentence into 2, with the second one stating why Life Orb is the item of choice (it's for maximum damage output). You could probably throw in adamant nature into that second sentence too since it goes along with the rest of the sentence.

Offensive Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Magnezone are great partners as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch
This sentence is probably fine, but I feel like "offensive pokemon" is a bit too broad as a category to describe partners. Something like Offensive pivots may work better, since you're trying to describe offensive mons that can provide momentum via Volt Switch and U-turn. Alternatively, I think you could rearrange the paragraph and put the sentence with Zeraora and Dragapult first, followed by the sentence about Rillaboom and Magnezone. That way it tells the reader from the start that you're talking about VoltTurn mons as partners, followed by the 2nd type of example that shows how Crawdaunt works can force out other types of mons.

So something like the following is what I had in mind:
VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeroara are great partners, as they can lure defensive Pokemon into battle and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Chansey, Blissey and Toxapex. Crawdaunt can also benefit from tther offensive Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Magnezone, as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch respectively to revenge kill the aforementioned vulnerability to Fire-types such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat.
Dragapult and Zeroara, as they can lure defensive Pokemon into battle
I think a word or phrase like "invite" or "force in" or "bring in" works better than lure since it takes Dragapult/Zeraora + Crawdaunt to say you're luring them, while just Dragapult/Zera on their own are naturally inviting them.
put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Chansey, Blissey and Toxapex
I feel like having both Chansey and Blissey feels redundant, so you could swap out Chansey for something like Clefable imo. Also, just to make sure I'm reading it right, but assuming Dragapult/Zeraora brings in Toxapex and you go into Crawdaunt for a free attack, then wouldn't Toxapex not be as ideal to have on this list since it's not immediately forced out like the others? Mainly because it'll tank Knock Off and threaten back with Scald/Toxic/Baneful Bunker. Assuming this is the case, then I think you can axe Pex from the list and keep Hippowdon, Blissey and Clefable.

I'll double check with Ruft, but I think you'll have 2/2 once this is implemented. Good work.

I'm not GP but that feels like a run on sentence. I think the adaptability part could be shorter since "water and dark type" and "STAB" mean the same thing here. I might be wrong, so if you're unsure on that one, you can probably wait for GP to fix it. You could split the sentence into 2, with the second one stating why Life Orb is the item of choice (it's for maximum damage output). You could probably throw in adamant nature into that second sentence too since it goes along with the rest of the sentence.

This sentence is probably fine, but I feel like "offensive pokemon" is a bit too broad as a category to describe partners. Something like Offensive pivots may work better, since you're trying to describe offensive mons that can provide momentum via Volt Switch and U-turn. Alternatively, I think you could rearrange the paragraph and put the sentence with Zeraora and Dragapult first, followed by the sentence about Rillaboom and Magnezone. That way it tells the reader from the start that you're talking about VoltTurn mons as partners, followed by the 2nd type of example that shows how Crawdaunt works can force out other types of mons.

So something like the following is what I had in mind:

I think a word or phrase like "invite" or "force in" or "bring in" works better than lure since it takes Dragapult/Zeraora + Crawdaunt to say you're luring them, while just Dragapult/Zera on their own are naturally inviting them.

I feel like having both Chansey and Blissey feels redundant, so you could swap out Chansey for something like Clefable imo. Also, just to make sure I'm reading it right, but assuming Dragapult/Zeraora brings in Toxapex and you go into Crawdaunt for a free attack, then wouldn't Toxapex not be as ideal to have on this list since it's not immediately forced out like the others? Mainly because it'll tank Knock Off and threaten back with Scald/Toxic/Baneful Bunker. Assuming this is the case, then I think you can axe Pex from the list and keep Hippowdon, Blissey and Clefable.

I'll double check with Ruft, but I think you'll have 2/2 once this is implemented. Good work.
Based on your recommendations, I tweaked the sentences in questions. Ready for another check TPP

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Amcheck
Add (AC=Add comma)
Remove

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due to its Crawdaunt's incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as Adaptability-boosted STAB moves. An Adamant nature alongside Life Orb allows Crawdaunt to maximize its damage output. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move that hits non-resisted Pokemon neutral and weak targets very hard such as Clefable, Tyranitar, and Mandibuzz,(AC) and Tyranitar. Knock Off can severely cripple opposing Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex by removing their items and hit them with great damage output such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened faster threats late game late-game such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Hawlucha, Volcarona, Excadrill, and Rotom-H.

Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users like Dragapult and Zeroara Zeraora, as they can invite in defensive Pokemon into battle like Clefable, Blissey, and Hippowdon and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey them. In addition, offensive pivots such as Rillaboom and Magnezone are great partners,(AC) as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch,(AC) respectively,(AC) to revenge kill the aformentioned's vulnerability to Fire-types checks to the aforementioned partners such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat Rotom-H. Crawdaunt can struggle against Kommo-O Kommo-o and faster Grass-types like Rillaboom, so it appreciates being paired with Pokemon like Togekiss and Hawlucha in order to cover its vulnerabilities. Crawdaunt also appreciates Scizor as its teammate to deal with Kyurem and the aforementioned Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due Thanks to its incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as and Adaptability-boosted STAB moves, (AC) Crawdaunt performs the role as wallbreaker in the OU metagame. An Adamant nature alongside Life Orb allows Crawdaunt to maximize its damage output. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move that hits non-resisted Pokemon very hard weak and neutral targets such as Tyranitar, Clefable, Tyranitar, and Mandibuzz very hard. Knock Off can severely cripple opposing Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex by removing their items and hitting them with great damage output such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened faster threats late game such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Hawlucha, Volcarona, Excadrill, and Rotom-H late-game.

Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users like Dragapult and Zeroara Zeraora, as they can invite in defensive Pokemon into battle like Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey them. In addition, offensive pivots such as Rillaboom and Magnezone are great partners, (AC) as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch, (AC) respectively, (AC) to revenge kill the aformentioned's vulnerability to Fire-types their Fire-type checks such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat Rotom-H. Crawdaunt can struggle against Kommo-O Kommo-o and faster Grass-types like Rillaboom, so it appreciates being paired with Pokemon like Togekiss and Hawlucha in order to cover its vulnerabilities. Crawdaunt also appreciates Scizor as its teammate to deal with Kyurem and the aforementioned Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]

Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma

GP 1/1

View attachment 272459

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

This set primarily plays as a wallbreaking role for Crawdaunt due Thanks to its incredible base 120 Attack stat as well as and Adaptability-boosted STAB moves, (AC) Crawdaunt performs the role as wallbreaker in the OU metagame. An Adamant nature alongside Life Orb allows Crawdaunt to maximize its damage output. Swords Dance boosts Crawdaunt's Attack stat to frightening levels and can provide offensive pressure to offensive and defensive Pokemon alike. Crabhammer is an extremely powerful move that hits non-resisted Pokemon very hard weak and neutral targets such as Tyranitar, Clefable, Tyranitar, and Mandibuzz very hard. Knock Off can severely cripple opposing Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex by removing their items and hitting them with great damage output such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Toxapex. Aqua Jet is a great priority move for Crawdaunt to pick off weakened faster threats late game such as Zeraora, Dragapult, Hawlucha, Volcarona, Excadrill, and Rotom-H late-game.

Crawdaunt benefits from VoltTurn users like Dragapult and Zeroara Zeraora, as they can invite in defensive Pokemon into battle like Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey and allow Crawdaunt to switch in safely and immediately put pressure on walls such as Hippowdon, Clefable, and Blissey them. In addition, offensive pivots such as Rillaboom and Magnezone are great partners, (AC) as they can bring in Crawdaunt via U-turn and Volt Switch, (AC) respectively, (AC) to revenge kill the aformentioned's vulnerability to Fire-types their Fire-type checks such as Volcarona and weakened Rotom-Heat Rotom-H. Crawdaunt can struggle against Kommo-O Kommo-o and faster Grass-types like Rillaboom, so it appreciates being paired with Pokemon like Togekiss and Hawlucha in order to cover its vulnerabilities. Crawdaunt also appreciates Scizor as its teammate to deal with Kyurem and the aforementioned Rillaboom.

[CREDITS]
Implemented deetah . This ready to be uploaded

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)