2. lunala
3. iron def corv
4. zacian-c
5. twave support necrozma
6. pex

thanks for any help

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Any good breakers vs: this balance/semi-stall? :
1. rest+snarl ttar
2. lunala
3. iron def corv
4. zacian-c
5. twave support necrozma
6. pex

thanks for any help
Dracovish comes to mind as a way to beat almost anything not having eternatus, since toxapex can only take fishious rend for so long.

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 141-167 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 190-224 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You'll have to do some predicting since they likely carry baneful bunker for dracovish, but it's insanely strong and with hazards up can severely break down cores like this. If the toxapex is black sludge although not many are I think because of this mon; use gothitelle. Iron defense corvi doesn't carry uturn I think unless they forgo defog which imo is a bad idea since iron defense is already a niche set usually worse than the standard. This means specs gothitelle traps it for an easy 2hko with thunderbolt, and even gets around 75 off on the uturn sets. Gothitelle can also trap and trick dusk mane for your breakers such as zacian or whatever you want in the back. This is all assuming that corviknight and pex aren't shed shell, but it's a really nice way to break those cores, especially corvi who doesn't usually use shed shell. So in a small team combo I'd say the best is dracovish + hazard support and/or gothitelle support, but over a full team you need ways to swtich into zacian and lunala, so it's not as easy as a few mons the whole game, but when you're on the offensive you can hit hard.

Dracovish comes to mind as a way to beat almost anything not having eternatus, since toxapex can only take fishious rend for so long.

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 141-167 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 190-224 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You'll have to do some predicting since they likely carry baneful bunker for dracovish, but it's insanely strong and with hazards up can severely break down cores like this. If the toxapex is black sludge although not many are I think because of this mon; use gothitelle. Iron defense corvi doesn't carry uturn I think unless they forgo defog which imo is a bad idea since iron defense is already a niche set usually worse than the standard. This means specs gothitelle traps it for an easy 2hko with thunderbolt, and even gets around 75 off on the uturn sets. Gothitelle can also trap and trick dusk mane for your breakers such as zacian or whatever you want in the back. This is all assuming that corviknight and pex aren't shed shell, but it's a really nice way to break those cores, especially corvi who doesn't usually use shed shell. So in a small team combo I'd say the best is dracovish + hazard support and/or gothitelle support, but over a full team you need ways to swtich into zacian and lunala, so it's not as easy as a few mons the whole game, but when you're on the offensive you can hit hard.
Thanks for the helpful post. Vish seems pretty good since there doesn't seem to be much protect spam on balance other than perhaps baneful on pex, so ill try predicting with psychic fangs to put pex into fishous rend range reliably.

What's the best counter to stalling Pokemon like Chansey, Quagsire, Skarmory, Blissey, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex? Is it Dracovish?

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What's the best counter to stalling Pokemon like Chansey, Quagsire, Skarmory, Blissey, Mandibuzz, and Toxapex? Is it Dracovish?
Breakers are nice and probably the easiest way to beat those cores. So that's mons like banded Dracovish (especially under rain), specs Lunala, and banded Urshifu to name a few.

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
Just adding on to what cromagnet said, both sun and rain decimate stall as nothing, not even fat blobs like chansey for example want to take a gmax wildfire or a gmax stonesurge to the face.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What's good 6th mon for this team?
https://pokepast.es/9a8088ac36c3e178
You can freely edit the team if you want
Hey man, the core of the team is pretty solid but theres some small details you can fix:

Rocky Helmet is not optimal on Quagsire, you should use Shed Shell since Corviknight can Defog for you and now you’re not vulnerable to Gothitelle.
Corviknight should be running U-Turn > Iron Defense, this will give your whole team a big momentum boost and make Corv less vulnerable to Goth as well. Blissey also has unoptimal EVs, it should be running 252 Special Defense instead of HP, the HP investment has minimal impact with it’s HP stat so naturally high. You should also consider Confide on Blissey, because otherwise Volcarona can be a huge threat. Shed Shell is good on Blissey too. Sucker Punch > Zen on Urshifu. For this team, I’m not a huge fan of Offensive Eternatus because you have no way to stop Blissey so you may want to consider a more defensive spread with Toxic Spikes, which will give your team some form of entry hazards. This will also significantly improve your match-up vs. rain. Cosmic Power Weakness Policy is another option which is a lot better for rain, if you want a more unique option. Consider Stealth Rocks on Blissey if you don’t run TSpikes Etern.

For the 6th mon, currently Kyu-B destroys your whole team, so you should use either Zacian-C with 108 Defense EVs or the Agility set that’s on the dex now. Necrozma could work too. Personally I would go with 148 Attack / 108 Def / 252 Spe adamant SD zacian-C if I were you.

Last edited:
Hey man, the core of the team is pretty solid but theres some small details you can fix:

Rocky Helmet is not optimal on Quagsire, you should use Shed Shell since Corviknight can Defog for you and now you’re not vulnerable to Gothitelle.
Corviknight should be running U-Turn > Iron Defense, this will give your whole team a big momentum boost and make Corv less vulnerable to Goth as well. Blissey also has unoptimal EVs, it should be running 252 Special Defense instead of HP, the HP investment has minimal impact with it’s HP stat so naturally high. You should also consider Confide on Blissey, because otherwise Volcarona can be a huge threat. Shed Shell is good on Blissey too. Sucker Punch > Zen on Urshifu. For this team, I’m not a huge fan of Offensive Eternatus because you have no way to stop Blissey so you may want to consider a more defensive spread with Toxic Spikes, which will give your team some form of entry hazards. This will also significantly improve your match-up vs. rain. Cosmic Power Weakness Policy is another option which is a lot better for rain, if you want a more unique option. Consider Stealth Rocks on Blissey if you don’t run TSpikes Etern.

For the 6th mon, currently Kyu-B destroys your whole team, so you should use either Zacian-C with 108 Defense EVs or the Agility set that’s on the dex now. Necrozma could work too. Personally I would go with 148 Attack / 108 Def / 252 Spe adamant SD zacian-C if I were you.
Thx I was about to delete my comment cause I thought it wasn't a simple question

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Generally speaking there are more options for rock setters on the team than skarmory, so hazard stacking teams would prefer spikes on skarm.

Hello! I'm trying to get into Ubers (it looks v fun this gen), and I had a question regarding sets. Given that analysis' can't be written at the speed of light, nor has the meta developed so far that analysis can't be started, where would I find sets with EV spreads, moves, items, etc. be?

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Hello! I'm trying to get into Ubers (it looks v fun this gen), and I had a question regarding sets. Given that analysis' can't be written at the speed of light, nor has the meta developed so far that analysis can't be started, where would I find sets with EV spreads, moves, items, etc. be?
Hello! your best bets are live discussions with other players such as the Ubers discord or the Ubers chatroom on PS!

Did Ubers get rid of the selective Dynamax clause? I used to see it on the dex page with the list of pokemon not allowed to Dynamax, but I don't see it anymore.

So a follow up to my post from two weeks ago:

With Ubers now testing Dynamax (and probably banning it), is there going to be another format for people to play that has Dynamax? I know you can use Dynamax in AG (obviously), and randbats has Dynamax. But what I am looking for is a format to use Dynamax that still preserves the standard clauses (e.g. Sleep Clause, Species Clause, etc.), so that people who have fun playing Dynamax can still do battles with it. Even if there is no ladder for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)