SS OU Dual Sub Hex Pult Balanced Team

Well, Your rating out of 5?

• Total voters
Introduction: This is my Third that I have posted an RMT of, and I am very happy to showcase my Balanced team. I will hopefully describe in detail Each purpose for Each mon in this team and have recently changed my Battle Style. I got up to around 1600 ELO with HO, however noticed that HO is very easy to check with certain mons. So, naturally I went over to BO/ Balanced teams. I prefer BO, however it isn't as good as balance in this current meta. That being said Lets go on with the Team!

The Team : https://pokepast.es/cb81b25731697925

7f562eaaf12cfc1368b2bb43237239b3.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

- Knock Off
I have chosen Clef to be a utility mon for this particular team. I needed a SR mon that would suit the team well, and have made this clef tp help me out with other offensive mons like Lucha, Shifu, and possibly Zera but I've got other options. Knock is there for incoming switch ins e.g. Shed shell of Corv, which allows zone to come in freely and take the kill. I do not have anything else to say about this mon, especially with almost every team using clef and its always reliable to take hits well.

0cf8be64f72e43658ff47fa30e830c57.jpg

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press

- Brave Bird
Corviknight is my 2nd Mon for this team and I have made him a sp def set due to Magnezone's increasing popularity and its strength against this team. With this set, Corv will be able to live a specs Volt switch however will fall victim to a T-bolt. If we Can do some damage with b-press, which allows my other mons to take care of zone. Corv also checks mons like Drill, Tang/Amoongus, helps deal with Kyurem (not well but able to fire back with a bp), checks Lucha, Rilla, Ttar and helps deal with both Shifus, if clef dies. Defog helps me deal with other suicide lead mons from a HO team, and roost just helps with the longevity of this team.

0d75e46058af411639dcacea34b73ebc.png

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 44 SpD / 176 Spe

Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
Primarina is my 1st Sub Sweeper. This ev spread is very good personally, as the speed helps me outspeed mons like conk. Sub CM is great on prim and kills most mons at +2. It helps deal with pokemon like Shifus, Rotom(not reccomended), Ttar(if not banded), Drill, Pult, Crawdaunt, Volc. Leftovers Is great on sub. However, Prim does fall under Rilla not being able to live a grassy glide, however I make up for this by checking rilla with Rotom-H. There is nothing really else to be said, apart from its great typing, and its natural bulk. Also, Should I change its ev spread?

5e75314b8df9991c3805ae927b56a0f9.png

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

- Toxic
This mon is underrated as hell. With Analytic and Magnet pull as his abilties, you can't go wrong with either of them. Originally, I put him as a sub-iron defense BP set, however gave the sub attribute to prim and decided to give it specs. Mag helps me deal with with toxapex, Azu, Ggar, Hatterene(Watch out for mystical fire), Mandi, Skarm and Togekiss. Volt switch is good for other incoming magnezones w magnet pull, which I can easily switch into rotom for the kill. And Toxic helps me set up with Pult, against other stall teams Like Quagsire, or clefs, which I can predict, and easily switch into pult to pick up a kill or two.

5b50f9a2bc5df2fdb829ba1ba5f58b23.jpg

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe

Mild Nature
- Hex

- Substitute
- Dragon Darts
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragapult is my 2nd Sub Sweeper. This set is mostly similar to other Sub Pults and I use it as it is a great set. Will-o I use against incoming rilla's for a knock or Shifus which seriously weaken and further increases the damage output of hex, and decreases the damage taken for dpult. Dragon darts is there for incoming Dpult's and hits other subs as well. I was thinking of having two mons in my team running hex, which would make good use of my status conditions from these mons but does it work well with the team? Idk... And would Spell tag be better for better damage output but in return, there is no point running sub?

tumblr_psll2jwFd21y8n9fro3_1280.png

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe

Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Pain Split

Rotom is the glue who holds the team together. He allows me to pivot to other mons, the same with Corv. And pain split is nice, when I am relatively weak. I first ran Nasty Plot over Toxic, in order to increase the effectiveness of Hex Pult and slowly wear down stall teams, however Not sure if it is the right Choice. I ran with the Sp def set to take care of mons like Prim and Aegislash, while doing a lot of damage in Return. Overheat is a great move, as it allows for an easy high damage output and quickly resorting to Volt switch to another mon to take care of the problem. Without Rotom, my team was extremely vulnerable to Magnezone, so I added him to sort out the problem and with this moveset and ev spread, Rotom is a threat to look out for.

Final Thoughts:
Well this is my first shot at a balanced team! If you have any suggestions please put it down below and Will be happy to receive any thoughts!

Caesarr

formerly CaesarzeppeliXD
Hey this is my rate of your team with suggestions.

Major Changes :

:Toxapex: > :Primarina: in your team, ¿Why? Because pex helps you with safeguard volcarona and makes a good check volcarona core with bulky rotom heat, pex helps you to take a hit for urshifu for preventing clefable take a posible poison jab or iron head, helps you with primarina too.

:Urshifu: can destroy blissey and you team need it, so i add it with a substitute set with wicked blow and drain punch for sweep.

Minor Changes : :Dragapult: I like more thunder wave on your dragapult for speedcontrol and help urshifu and rotom heat.

:Rotom heat: now is 164 spd and 252 hp for magnezone and volcarona without safeguard, and toxic is for beat volcarona more easier.

original team better without losing the concept of Dual- Sub? Thanks!

I think this version respects more your original idea: https://pokepast.es/f78628b56a159ad6

Mb :smogduck:

Last edited:
Hi CaesarzeppeliXD, I really appreciate the team you have created with your own time put into it. However, I feel that the reason I created the team in the first place was based aroud the Dual Sub Hex team concept. I wanted to create a really good team that would stand out from the rest, and is not your typical team. I really do think that your team by itself is a great team with very few flaws, however the team does not have even one Pokemon with substitute, however I will say that Hex does work well with your team with Pex and Rotom H , as well as pult to set it up. If you want, we can make my original team better without losing the concept of Dual- Sub? Thanks!

Hi, I'm here to rate your team. I tested it out and I won 8 out of 10 battles! It's a really great team! The only two games I lost were when Magnezone fainted and they had there Toxcapex. Rotom's Volt Switch isn't gonna check Toxcapex if they can recover predicting it. A Rotom set that actually beats Toxcapex is Nasty Plot. Whether you want it to Choice Scarf or keep Heavy Duty Boots, Nasty Plot will help it check Toxcapex a lot more. Will-O-Wisp is for Stoping Urshifu.
Set:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

Next, Dragapult should be changed to Choice Specs. It takes Advantage of Rotom's Will-O-Wisp with Choice Specs Hex.
Set:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- ThunderBolt
- Hex

Hope it helps :)

Wow Thanks so Much bro! I Like the idea of using specs Dragapult, and adding will o-wisp is great on reading opposing switch ins. Love how the team is looking now, looks more solid and with very few flaws. I'll try out the updated version and see how it goes. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)