DOU Doubles Ladder Tournament II [won by SMB]

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poem and original OP by Level 51

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could guess thy one ability?

In what world and in what time
Would you need to run Cloud Nine?
Who would use a set like this?
Why'd my Ninetales' Blizzard miss?

And which user, and which donk,
Stays in on Fini with their Conk?
For when my Fini threatened harm,
What made your Conk click Hammer Arm?

Why the Hammer Arm, again?
In what dimension runs your brain?
Who clicks Protect in front of 'Cott?
Is that even a brain you've got?

When I claimed hax my enemy's fault
And shower'd Smogon with my salt:
Did I smile my reqs to see?
Do I qualify for TC?

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal mouth could tell,
How to escape from Elo hell?

Dust off your Gothitelle and pitchforks! Ready your torches and your Sun teams! It's time for an all-new Doubles Ladder Tournament, with your host MajorBowman! This will be the second of two Doubles Ladder Tournaments happening this year, so these points can be crucial for qualifying for the 2020 Invitational. But before you get around to smashing double Heat Wave and trampling down the ladder, here are a few specifics you should know. Please read every one of the rules; important information lies within. This is to prevent confusion, especially regarding the qualification process.

The Rules
  1. The engine of the tournament is the regular Pokemon Showdown Doubles OU ladder, not a new one. All normal Doubles Rules and Clauses apply. All qualification will be done on this ladder. The top 16 players (selected as described below) will be placed into a best of 3 single elimination bracket playoffs.
  2. You need to make a new alt account for this tournament. Your alt name must begin with DLTCT to make determining the top players for each cycle easier. For example, I might register the alt "DLTCT Bowman" for laddering. To give us a way to identify each account, please include in your sign-up post a picture of your laddering alt. You are not required to make a new alt for each ladder cycle.
  3. In order to sign up for the Doubles Ladder Tournament, please create a post in this thread listing your alts. You are allowed an unlimited number of alts, so don't worry about starting over with a new one; just remember to follow the name format for each alt you create, and please update your post each time you create a new alt. Include in your post a picture of your "clean" alt. If an alt in the Top 4 at the end of a cycle is not registered in this thread at the time the cycle ends, it will be ignored.
  4. You must create and register a new alt before you play any battles on it.
  5. The ladder portion of the tournament spans 4 cycles lasting 5 days each (this is different from previous editions of DLT!). The cutoff times for each cycle are listed below; at the cutoff time, one of the moderators will take a screenshot of the ladder. In order to qualify for the playoffs, your alt must be among the top 4 newly made alts in this screenshot. If a player in the top 4 of a given cycle is already qualified, their alt will be ignored when counting the top 4 alts for that cycle.
  6. For the playoffs stage, players will be seeded by their ELO at their respective screenshot time.
  7. Don't show unsportsmanlike behavior on the ladder. If we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be punished. If you try to prevent your opponent from joining the battle again after a disconnection, you will be punished. If you ask someone to forfeit to you, you will be punished. The consequences could range from disqualification for one cycle, the entire tournament, or even a tournament ban in extreme cases. Again, please please use your common sense.
  8. In keeping with OLT and other ladder tournaments, all ladder games involving a player with a DLT prefix are now forced to be public. If you have the "Don't allow spectators" box checked when you start a DLT game, your game will be public and you will be met with this message: "This battle is required to be public due to a player having a name starting with 'DLTCT'."
  9. In your sign-up post, please include a line reflecting the fact that you have read and understand the rules. Your alt may not be considered eligible if your post does not contain this line.

Relevant Dates
(all times US Eastern time / GMT-4)

Cycle 1
START | September 30, 2020, at 12:00 am
END | October 4, 2020, at 11:59 pm

Cycle 2
START | October 5, 2020, at 12:00 am
END | October 9, 2020, at 11:59 pm

Cycle 3
START | October 10, 2020, at 12:00 am
END | October 14, 2020, at 11:59 pm

Cycle 4
START | October 15, 2020, at 12:00 am
END | October 19, 2020, at 11:59 pm

Qualifiers

Cycle 1
I want Atago to sit on me | Alt: cheese | ELO: 1862
Tenzai | Alt: Tenzai | ELO: 1860
papiloco | Alt: Loco | ELO: 1859
sawamura | Alt: Shigeno | ELO: 1855

Cycle 2
Givrix | Alt: Krelian | ELO: 1889
Paraplegic | Alt: Para | ELO: 1830
Shadowmonstr7 | Alt: Poggarina | ELO: 1825
shrop | Alt: IsavedDLT | ELO: 1816

Cycle 3
The_Bandit | Alt: Actuarily | ELO: 1800
Yoda2798 | Alt: DLTCT | ELO: 1799
Mishimono | Alt: klonoa | ELO: 1794
SingleThunder | Alt: LemonTea | ELO: 1793

Cycle 4
KennyJ | Alt: Kenny | ELO: 1810
Toxigen | Alt: Toxigen | ELO: 1808
AuraRayquaza | Alt: AuraRayquaza | ELO: 1800
SMB | Alt: gkgkfdsrdtfjg | ELO: 1793

Playoffs

Top 16
(1) Givrix vs SMB (16)
(2) I want Atago to sit on me
vs SingleThunder (15)
(3) Tenzai vs Mishimono (14)
(4) papiloco vs Yoda2798 (13)
(5) sawamura vs AuraRayquaza (12)
(6) Paraplegic
vs The_Bandit (11)
(7) Shadowmonstr7 vs Toxigen (10)
(8) shrop vs KennyJ (9)

Top 8
(16) SMB vs shrop (8)
(2) I want Atago to sit on me vs Shadowmonstr7 (7)
(3) Tenzai
vs Paraplegic (6)
(4) papiloco vs AuraRayquaza (12)

Top 4
(16) SMB vs AuraRayquaza (12)
(7) Shadowmonstr7 vs Tenzai (3)

Finals
(16) SMB vs Tenzai (3)

CP Payouts

1st: 10 CP
2nd: 8 CP
3-4: 6 CP
5-8: 4 CP
9-16: 2 CP

IMPORTANT: Due to the scheduled release of the Crown Tundra DLC on October 22, we cannot do our regular week-long cycles for this edition of DLT. This means that each cycle will only last 5 days. The dates listed above are the dates that will be used for each cycle, so please take note of when each cycle ends. There will be no exceptions to these dates and times made due to our tight schedule.

Good luck to all of our participants, and may the best ladderer win!

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting this again for extra emphasis

IMPORTANT: Due to the scheduled release of the Crown Tundra DLC on October 22, we cannot do our regular week-long cycles for this edition of DLT. This means that each cycle will only last 5 days. The dates listed in the OP are the dates that will be used for each cycle, so please take note of when each cycle ends. There will be no exceptions to these dates and times made due to our tight schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)