Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Hey, everyone! Couple of small updates!

- The pull request for slate 17 has been made! Sorry that I didn't do this right away last night - I had a looot going on yesterday although after seeing how quick and easy this one turned out to be, I think I probably could've had time and I don't think I should have made everyone wait OTL - but it is now complete and has been tested and submitted to Scoopapa! The Mega Stones, once they're available, will be :nidoqueen: Nidoqueenite, :walrein: Walreinite and :aurorus: Aurorite!

---

Important update on the Mega Spooky Cup!

This fantastic banner is by inkbug!

After some discussion on the Discord, we've found that it would be ideal to allow the option for best-of-three matches rather than best-of-one matches, as this is generally considered preferable in tournaments set over such a long timespan. The original decision to make it best-of-one was an effort to make it less of a time commitment and easier on players, particularly as the tournament is double-elimination, but I can absolutely see why some players would be against that, so:

Provided that you come to an agreement before your match and establish it somewhere public, such as the Discord or on one of your profile pages, you and your opponent may choose to do best-of-three rather than best-of-one for your matches in the tournament!
That means that either best-of-three or best-of-one is allowed as long as you're in agreement on it.​

This will be added to the post announcing round one as well!

---

Finally, some comments on specific submissions so far:
:sm/tyrantrum:Mega Tyrantrum
Typing - Dragon/Dark
New Ability: Dragon's Maw

New Stats
Hp: 82
Att: 121 -> 156 (+35)
Def: 119 -> 154 (+35)
Spec Att: 69 ->69
Spec Def: 59 -> 74 (+15)
Speed: 71 -> 86 (+15)

New Moves: Dragon Hammer, Jaw Lock, Power Trip

Description: Tyrantrum has a giant maw so dragon's maw makes sense giving it extra damage on its dragon moves to help it sweep with its huge attack stat. It has a lower speed so it isn't to strong. I never liked how all fossil pokemon where rock types (excluding the gen 8 fossils) so I think dark fits Tyrantrum well. It is strong, mean, and should evolve at night in my opinion. Dragon Hammer is a strong dragon move to add to its move set. Jaw Lock & Power Trip are some cool dark moves to add to it with Jaw Lock for its giant jaw and Power Trip for some extra. This is my first post btw so don't expect too much.
First of all, welcome!! And thanks for responding immediately to BitBitio's feedback! Your Nidoking is definitely fine now, and Corrosion is always a super neat Ability - I really like your subs on the whole! C:
That said, after some discussion on the Discord, it seems like the consensus is that Dragon's Maw might be too strong of an Ability for your Tyrantrum - a 50% boost, even to moves of just one type, is big (especially on a sweeper like this with good bulk and Dragon Dance).

For context, the main reason Regidrago was able to get away with that Ability in a similar role is because it lacks good coverage to deal with Steel-types and especially Fairy-types, which leaves room for plenty of defensive counterplay.
I do see what you were going for here, and I don't think it's that far over the line - Tyrantrum's higher Attack (Regidrago doesn't usually run a boosting item on Dragon Dance sets, but the strongest one it could theoretically hold, a Life Orb, is still outdamaged by this), physical bulk and slightly better Speed are all obviously strong, but they're also definitely understandable tradeoffs for the one-per-team limit of the Mega and you don't really want to be perfectly even with your closest non-Mega equivalent, and I also really like your addition of a double-weakness to balance it out; if not for Tyrantrum's preexisting movepool, I think this would be more or less a fine submission. That said, I do think it hits too hard given the context that it's free to run Earthquake and Iron Head as coverage rather than having to rely on Fire Fang, so it would probably be best to lower its damage output a little.

If you still want its Dragon STAB to be boosted and would rather just tone it down a bit, one option you might consider is replacing Dragon's Maw with Adaptability and removing Dragon Hammer, which lowers the power of its Dragon moves so that it's more in line with other Dragon Dance-using Mega Evolutions, while still having an edge in its coverage, physical bulk and the cool Dark options it brings to the table.
BitBitio also brought up on the Discord that Strong Jaw like the base form could be a good choice for it, which might be more interesting than Adaptability - it lets it emphasize its Dark STAB (including your really cool addition of Jaw Lock!), which lets it reach almost as much attack power as what you have here but with an attacking type that doesn't leave it quite so hard to wall.

It's up to you how you want to go about this, and you could also do something totally different from either of those suggestions! I just thought it might help to put forward some examples of solutions to the problem so you had a starting point, haha.
Thanks for joining us!!
:ss/nidoking: Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: A King's Wrath (all its attacks have 1.5* power)
Type: Poison/Ground

New stats:
HP: 81 -> 81
Attack: 102 -> 142(+40)
Defense: 77 -> 107(+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 115(+30)
Special Defense: 75 -> 85(+10)
Speed: 85 -> 75(-10)
BST: 505 -> 605

Description: Mega Nidoking is a frightning wallbreaker with incredible power and good physical bulk, but lacking special bulk and speed making it very good against stall, semi stall and bulky balance but much worse against offense, which easily overwhelms it due to its low speed which is its worst trait. When nidoking protects its child with nidoqueen, they both mega evolve making nidoking much more agressive. A story from ancient times says that when a warrior ventured into a den inhabitted by mega nidoking, he was never seen alive again but his body was found in an increadibly mutilated form nearby. Though incrediby agressive around others, nidoking is very gentle around its child.
Hi! This one is also definitely gonna need to be vetoed - sort of the same idea as above, but this one just hits too hard right off the bat, in part because Ground is one of the most inherently-strong STAB types and in part because this boosts all of its moves, coverage included.
For reference, the main cases in which I would personally support a damage-boosting Ability like this are when it boosts only specific moves with shared drawbacks (like "all of them are the same type" or "all of them are resisted by this type" or "all of them are relatively weak before the boost") or when it only boosts moves in limited situations - so there are meaningful gaps in what the Ability can accomplish, and defensive counterplay is left intact in a healthy number of situations.
Hopefully that helps to understand why I would be less okay with this one - just boosting all of it, unconditionally, doesn't really leave this kind of gap in its power and instead just lets it tear through everything. This is especially true of something like Nidoking, which is already known both for its amazing Ground STAB and its amazing coverage to pair with it; I think this hits too hard right away and can effectively target too many Pokémon at full strength
For comparison, this is juuust slightly stronger than Mega Mawile, but it's also a lot faster (75 is a much better Speed tier than 50) and also has not only perfect neutral coverage but some of the widest super-effective coverage in the game (it can hit just under three quarters of all Pokémon super effectively in four moves) and the mixed offenses to use it well, and there's just not enough that can switch in on it and not enough of a drawback.
In general, I would really prefer if people stuck to more conditional damage-boosting Abilities rather than boosting every single move, or at least put them on Pokémon with worse movepools than Nidoking. I wouldn't really consider anything that boosts its Ground STAB alone beyond Mega Mawile levels to be acceptable, let alone something that boosts that and Bolt Beam and Stone Edge, I'm afraid. OTL
also, this isn't really related to whether it's vetoed, but whaaat is this flavor exactly? :'D I would tone it down a bit if you don't mind!
:nidoking:
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Fighting Spirit (+1 Attack upon Switch-in (Intrepid Sword clone))
Type: Poison / Ground

New stats:
HP: 81
Attack: 132 (+30)
Defense: 107 (+20)
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 95 (+20)
Speed: 115 (+30)
(BST: 605)

New moves: Drain Punch
Description:
Basically a similar thing as Nidoqueen-Mega. Good Attack combined with Fighting Spirit and good moves makes this thing a monster to defeat. It’s also somewhat bulky, and can make use of Substitute + Hone Claws sets. However, it’s Attack and defenses are not the best, so it can be broken through by stronger Pokemon and mega evolutions.
Hi! I am also going to have to ask you to nerf this one, for pretty much the same reason as above - this one isn't as likely to be crazy with Bolt Beam, at least, but it is much faster in return and still has the problem of very strong Earthquakes, haha.
That said, I do get what you were trying to do with making it parallel Nidoqueen with an Ability that boosts its Attack stat by stages, and I would be interested in helping you to keep that without being quite on this level. If you're hoping to clone an Ability to boost Attack, could I suggest maybe giving it something like physical Berserk instead? This is definitely more conditional and less "free" than Intrepid Sword, but it still mirrors Nidoqueen in a way (boosting Attack when hurt), ultimately gives the same boost but probably does so only once per match, and even pairs well with the recovery access you gave it so it can potentially get away with more than one without being too reliable at it.
That's just one possible route, of course! I just felt like I should put that option forward in case you were struggling with ideas, since you do have a clear concept at work here and a reason to want this kind of Ability beyond just wanting it to hit hard - it would feel like a waste to say no to it without providing any alternatives, you know? But you're welcome to take another route or nerf it in any way you like! C:
also yesss that Tyrantrum is a great counterpart to Aurorus

Other than those three (unless I missed anything big please yell at me if I did), I think all of the rest of these should be fine in terms of balance! Thank you guys for making awesome subs as always - so many of these have me really excited, and I can already tell it's going to be as tough to vote as ever!

(Oh, clarifying edit: a lot of people have also been asking for balancing feedback on the Discord as well, even before they make their posts in the thread!
I totally understand it being hard to foresee things like this, especially when you're just starting out! I really hope no one feels bad about responses like this or thinks they're being called out - if it helps at all to know this, there are always plenty more people discussing balance issues and being asked to make changes than you'll see on the thread, and you're not the only ones!)

Last edited:
Hi hi, Bolivia here with slates!

:Trevenant: Trevenant-Mega
New Type:
Ghost/Grass
New Ability: Welcoming Woods (Upon mega evolution or switch in, this pokemon uses leech seed, in a fashion similar to drizzle. It still has the 10% chance to miss)
New Stats:
HP: 85
ATK: 110 -> 130 (+20)
DEF: 76 -> 110 (+34)
SPA: 65 -> 83 (+18)
SPD: 82 -> 110 (+28)
SPE: 56
BST: 574
New Moves: Strength Sap
Flavor: Trevenant, for how cool of a design it has, doesn't smile. Mega Trev fixes that with a ghoulish smile. It becomes more twisted and bracken and it loses some of its leaves, but it gains an overbearing presence instead.
Set Description: Behold, another defensive mega cooked up by Bolivia :P. This mega distinguishes itself from other defensive grass types because of its unique way of dealing damage. Upon switch in, it sets up a leech seed, that will confirm at least one sap unless the opponent uses uturn, parting shot, etc. In addition, bolstered defenses and strength sap give it much greater longevity, and with access to status moves like toxic and wisp, this will be a cornerstone on bulkier teams. Something understated is its significant 130 in attack, which gives it access to some strong sweeping options in moves like hone claws. It could even be a calm mind sweeper if you really want. I think this versatile tree will leech its way to victory in battle, so hopefully it can leech its way to victory in the vote. Enjoy!

:Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum-Mega
New Ability:
Victory Star (all moves have 1.1x accuracy, same ability as Victini)
New Type: Rock/Dragon
New stats:
HP: 82 -> 82
Attack: 121 -> 170 (+49)
Defense: 119 -> 139 (+20)
Special Attack: 69 -> 100 (+31)
Special Defense: 59
Speed: 71
BST: 521 -> 621
New Moves: Double Edge, Dragon Rush
Flavor: Consumate behemoth pokemon Tyrantrum becomes even more horrifying in its mega form. Not in its actual design - it becomes a more t-rexy dragon (decked out in spikes, more jagged, etc). It gets a V shaped bone tacked onto its head as well. Its powerful attack is what discourages many from attempting to fight it.
Set Description: Bruiser incoming. Mega Tyrantrum, despite being held back by poor special defense and speed stats that are unchanged from the mega form, gains a monstrous attack stat with a good attacking typing to become a huge menace - especially under things such as trick room, webs, etc. I thought an ability capitalizing on accuracy would be a strong addition to this things already powerful head smash option, and having a 90% head smash seems devastating - even with the recoil penalty. I gave it another strong move option in dragon rush - which is also benefited by victory star and becomes 85% accurate dragon claw buff. Will it be worth running over dragon claw? Maybe. This thing also gets access to another recoil move in double edge, in case you prioritize HP over damage and want to deal damage to something and not take recoil damage (utilizing reckless). All in all, this mega would probably be bad, but it would definitely be fun. Enjoy!
More coming soon?

Last edited:
:ss/Nidoking:
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Brute Force (Hypercutter Semi-Clone, Attack can not be lowered by opponents, allies, itself, or burn)
New stats:
Attack: 102 -> 142 (+40)
Defense: 77 -> 97 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 -> 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 85 -> 105 (+20)
New moves: None
Description: I made my Nidoqueen submission a Heal-Up-Sweeper-I-Need-You-To-Destroy-Stuff Pokemon, so it's only appropriate that Nidoking is a Heal-Me-Up-I-Need-To-Destroy-Stuff Pokemon
:ss/Tyrantrum:
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Strong Jaw
Type: Rock/Dragon

New stats:
Attack: 121 -> 161 (+40)
Defense: 119 -> 119
Special Attack: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Special Defense: 59 -> 69 (+10)
Speed: 71 -> 101 (+30)

:ss/Trevenant:
Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Forest's Guardian (Delta Stream clone, removes the weaknesses of Grass types)
Type: Ghost/Grass

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Defense: 76 -> 126 (+50)
Special Attack: 65 -> 65
Special Defense: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 56 -> 56
BST: 474 -> 574

Description: Trevenant becomes that one thing that's blocking you and your enemy's *Insert Physical Mon that's weak to grass/ghost here* from destroying stuff.

Last edited:
:tyrantrum:
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Thick-Headed (Combination of Rock Head + Reckless)
Type: Rock / Dragon

New stats:
HP: 82
Attack: 150 (+29)
Defense: 119
Special Attack: 69 (nice)
Special Defense: 100 (+41)
Speed: 102 (+30)
(BST: 585)

New moves: U-turn , Skull Bash
Description:
This has no special inspiration,and this purely a viability boost. Thick-Headed makes Head Smash one of the strongest moves in the game with STAB.
Hey, I think this is definitely way too strong, unfortunately!
Head Smash from this hits harder than Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick (I make that comparison because Medicham is currently the hardest-hitting Mega Evolution in the entire game, official and M4A-original alike, and it's already an amazing breaker in OU).
Its Ability negates the only drawback of the move (which is especially notable when Mega Medicham does have to deal with Ghost immunities and crash damage from HJK - there are no non-Mega immunities to Rock and this would honestly be hitting close to as hard as I would be comfortable allowing even on a resisted Head Smash).
More importantly, this is also faster, bulkier on both sides, already gets Dragon Dance and now also has pivoting on top of that - it definitely should not be hitting nearly as hard as Mega Medicham even without the Rock Head part of its Ability, haha.

Honestly, I'm thinking I would pretty strongly prefer for people not to give these Rock Head at all? I know the base form does already have Rock Head, but I think it's very hard to take the +100 BST in a direction that doesn't make this much more capable of using Dragon Dance than the base form is, and that means you really have to balance it around the assumption of running Dragon Dance, which the base form doesn't do. I would think of it like Tyranitar - Dragon Dance had been a part of its movepool for ages, but it was slowly creeping down in viability and wasn't really used at all in Gen V. Once Mega Tyranitar showed up, that was quickly established as the Mega's best set because its better Speed and bulk made the move a much better option than it was on the base form.
This is a very similar case as far as I can tell - like Tyranitar, Tyrantrum has Dragon Dance already, and that's something that all submitters should keep in mind when balancing it, but its base form doesn't have the stats to use it well and favors sets with a Choice Scarf, Choice Band, or sometimes even Rock Polish because its Speed currently isn't good enough at +1 to trade the extra +1 Speed for a +1 Attack. That means that even just giving Mega Tyrantrum the Speed to make Dragon Dance actually work indirectly enables it to get a major Attack boost that the base form's sweeping sets simply do not have - and this is on top of any points that go into the Attack stat itself and any points that go into bulk and ease setup.
It's very, very easy for this to start to do dangerous things that the base form is not nearly as capable of pulling off, and that makes me think that Head Smash is a risky move to enable on it even though it's ostensibly something the base form already does. Giving it Rock Head really inflates the damage output relative to any other Ability, because no other Ability lets it run such a strong move with no drawback, and that kind of extreme damage is something that I think stops being safe when the Mega is almost automatically predisposed to running Dragon Dance.

This also goes for ChoiceScarfed's sub for the same reason - if possible, I think an Ability other than Rock Head would be a safer bet for any Mega Tyrantrum.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/tyrantrum:
:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Prehistoric Rage (Dragon type moves hit Fairy types for neutral damage, scrappy clone.)

New stats: 82/151/119/99/89/81
HP: 82 (+0)
Attack: 121 --> 151 (+30)
Defense: 119 (+0)
Special Attack: 69 --> 99 (+30)
Special Defense: 59 --> 89 (+30)
Speed: 71 --> 81 (+10)
(BST) 521 --> 621

Description: To explain what this mega-Tyrantrum is about, I must first tell you a story. The story of Drag-Mag. Once upon a time and by that I mean in gen 5, weather teams were everywhere. No team archetype could stand against them. None except Drag-Mag. Drag-Mag had a simple concept: spam dragon type moves and destroy the opponent. However, when a steel type showed up, the dragons would have a lot more trouble beating it. That's when Magnezone arrived. It trapped and utterly crushed the steel types, leaving nothing but victims for the dragons to take out. Drag-Mag did well until generation 6 arrived. This generation had brought fairies which were completely immune to dragon moves, could not be trapped and were everywhere. Drag-Mag was dead... until... a hero showed up. This hero... was Mega-Tyrantrum.

Anyway the idea with this ability is that Tyrantrum isn't really a dragon. Dinosaurs aren't mentionned in fairy tales so I'm going with the logical ending: The dinosaur eats the fairy. Competitively, it's one of the pokemon that loves Magnezone's support the most. Its outrages hit fairies harder than its iron heads and it can use close combat and earthquake to hit steel types. It seems incredibly threatening especially with dragon dance so it'll be interesting to see where this mega-tyrantrum goes.

:ss/trevenant:
:trevenant: Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Nature's Curse (If a pokemon on the field has had the grass typing added to its own, a curse effect is inflicted to it. Also, Grass type pokemons cannot recover health by any means.)

New stats: 85/130/96/75/92/96
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 110 --> 130 (+20)
Defense: 76 --> 96 (+20)
Special Attack: 65 --> 75 (+10)
Special Defense: 82 --> 92 (+10)
Speed: 56 --> 96 (+40)
(BST) 474 --> 574

Description: Ever wished Forest's Curse was actually useful instead of actively being a hinderance to Trevenant? Well Mega-Trevenant's ability makes it so that it basically becomes curse except it doesn't lose 50% of its health while using it. Its ability also prevents the pokemon it curses from healing though it also takes that away from Trevenant. This effect applies at all time so Trevenant cannot heal at all. The main reason for that is that, with this ability, Trevenant could abuse Sub+Protect+Forest's Curse+Healing Move to basically chip opponents down endlessly. It also has block to Trap+Curse which is a very powerful combination. Grass types are luckily immune to its curse effect since they can't obtain the grass types and Trevenant already struggles against them so they're probably your best bet against it.

:ss/nidoking:
:nidoking: Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Dad (When this pokemon switches out, the pokemon that comes in recovers 1/8 of their health and has its status cured.)
Type: Poison/Fairy

New stats: 81/132/107/95/105/85
HP: 81 (+0)
Attack: 102 --> 132 (+30)
Defense: 77 --> 107 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed: 85 (+0)
(BST) 505 --> 605

New moves: Play Rough, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Hold Hands
Description: Nidoking goes full support! With its good bulk and defensive typing, it becomes a good switch-in to many fighting, dark or grass type attackers such as Mega-Lopunny, Kartana or Hydreigon. However, Nidoking has a very unique role as a weird kind of cleric since it heals up the pokemon that switches-in after it. With it gifting a weaker regenerator+natural cure to teammates, it becomes great team support that also has the stats to be threatening or switch-into threats. I find it to be very cute with a lot of flavor in the moves. Play Rough demonstrates how a father plays with his kids but can be a bit rough while doing it. Draining Kiss and Sweet Kiss are signs of family love. Hold Hands can be considered to be like if the father was holding the kid's hand while he or she was learning how to walk.

New Ability
: Nature's Curse (If a pokemon on the field has had the grass typing added to its own, a curse effect is inflicted to it. Also, Grass type pokemons cannot recover health by any means.)

(BST) 474 --> 574

Description: Ever wished Forest's Curse was actually useful instead of actively being a hinderance to Trevenant? Well Mega-Trevenant's ability makes it so that it basically becomes curse except it doesn't lose 50% of its health while using it. Its ability also prevents the pokemon it curses from healing though it also takes that away from Trevenant. This effect applies at all time so Trevenant cannot heal at all. The main reason for that is that, with this ability, Trevenant could abuse Sub+Protect+Forest's Curse+Healing Move to basically chip opponents down endlessly. It also has block to Trap+Curse which is a very powerful combination. Grass types are luckily immune to its curse effect since they can't obtain the grass types and Trevenant already struggles against them so they're probably your best bet against it.
I recommend you nerf this. This seems quite busted because cursing them and they can't heal is ridiculous! You also don't loose health when you do so which is crazy.

Keep Dragon Dance in mind, you say? Can do.

Mega Tyrantrum
Type:
Rock / Dragon
Ability: Stubborn (Magic Guard + Assault Vest's downside)
Stats:
HP: 82​
Att: 151 (+30)​
Def: 159 (+40)​
SpA: 69​
SpD: 79 (+20)​
Spe: 81 (+10)​

Mega Tyrantrum strong big. Mega Tyrantrum no care weak baby damage. Mega Tyrantrum no time weak baby move.

151 Attack puts Mega Tyrantrum's Head Smash slightly over Mega Mawile Play Rough level, but while its ability grants it complete immunity to recoil and passive damage, it also renders it unable to make use of Dragon Dance (or Hone Claws, or Rock Polish, or Stealth Rock, or really any status move). Sure, you could try to set up a Dragon Dance in base form, but good luck doing that with an awful defensive typing and shit special defense.

Hey, everyone!! I'm so sorry I forgot to include this in my last post - the poll to decide on slate 19 is now available! We'll still probably have to close this when voting starts so people have time to prepare, so make sure you cast your vote!

Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Father's Love (Regenerator, but its for the pokemon that switches in)

New stats:
Attack: 140 (+38)
Defense: 100 (+13)
Special Attack: 110 (+25)
Special Defense: 90 (+15)
Speed: 94 (+9)

New moves: Horn Leech
Description:
Nidoking's pokedex entries state how powerful its tail and horn are. You attack with said things by contact, which explains Tough Claws. Horn Leech is here because Nidoking needs recovery and it has Horn in its name.

Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Thick-Headed (Combination of Rock Head + Reckless + Cant use non-damaging moves)
Type: Rock / Dragon

New stats:
Attack: 140 (+19)
Defense: 149 (+30)
Special Attack: 69 (nice)
Special Defense: 110 (+51)
Speed: 72

New moves: U-turn , Skull Bash
Description:
This has no special inspiration,and this purely a viability boost. Thick-Headed makes Head Smash one of the strongest moves in the game with STAB.

I'm really sorry - I know you tried to nerf this already and that it's not the same as the last time I vetoed it, but I'm still not comfortable with allowing this submission.
To put it in terms that I think might help, Thick-Headed enables it to use Head Smash at 195 base power with no drawback - while any submission without such an Ability would be stuck using Stone Edge at only 100 base power. In other words, that's basically the equivalent of Water Bubble for Rock STAB, and Tyrantrum - as an offensive Pokémon with fine coverage and Dragon Dance access - is not a Pokémon that I think should have that kind of raw power at all.
Diverting most of the points into bulk creates the same problem I already brought up in my last post: that any points you put into Speed will make it easier to abuse Dragon Dance once it gets set up, any points you put into bulk will just make it easier to set up in the first place. Neither way is good, which is why I still really think the Ability itself is inherently a problem in this case.
Even Dragon Dance aside, this is still one of the hardest-hitting Mega Evolutions in the game, and its best STAB comes with no immunities and no drawbacks whatsoever save for its accuracy; the -10 Attack put it narrowly below Mega Medicham instead of just above it, but it's still way above all of the others.
I would still choose not to accept this as a submission unless you take a different route, I'm afraid. :c
EDIT: I see you changed it again since last I saw it, and you gave it the same exact drawback as DrPumpkinz's submission, and you also buffed your Nidoking to be a much-stronger copy of Mossy Sandwich's.
First of all, both DrPumpkinz and Mossy Sandwich corresponded with me on the Discord to make sure their subs were well balanced; you didn't do that, and the result is that both of your subs are waaay over the line in terms of power level. And second... did you ask either of them if they were okay with that?
I'm definitely not going to include either of these on the slate, and even power level aside, I think editing your submissions to copy people who posted after you and not even acknowledging that would be grounds for disqualification regardless.

Submissions for slate 18 will close at 15:00 GMT on Saturday, the 7th of November, 96 hours from the original announcement not tomorrow sorry. You still have a bit over 44 hours to submit! C:

Last edited:
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Father's Love (Regenerator, but its for the pokemon that switches in)

New stats:
Attack: 140 (+38)
Defense: 100 (+13)
Special Attack: 110 (+25)
Special Defense: 90 (+15)
Speed: 94 (+9)

New moves: Horn Leech
Description:
Nidoking's pokedex entries state how powerful its tail and horn are. You attack with said things by contact, which explains Tough Claws. Horn Leech is here because Nidoking needs recovery and it has Horn in its name.
bruh_sound.wav

Last edited:

Mega Nidoking
New Ability
:Merciless
Type:Poison/Ground

New stats:
HP:81
Attack:102 ---> 85 (swaped with Special Attack)
Defense:77 ---> 87 (+20)
Special Attack:85 ---> 137 (swaped with Attack and given a +35 boost)
Special Defense:75 ---> 90 (+25)
Speed:85 ---> 105 (+15)
(BST) 505 --->605

New moves:None
Description:I was thinking of a consept for mega nidoking when I thought about how underused Merciless is so nidoking is made to be a good offensive toxic spikes user he has good bulk and speed so it can come in the lay down the T-spikes and once there layed down he can use his 137 base Sp.atk and Merciless to hit hard
To show how hard

Non Mega
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 199-234 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega
252 SpA Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew on a critical hit: 244-288 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage

With LO Nidoking hits a lot harder right of the bat however Mega Nidoking has more bulk and speed and can do even more damage even with just one layer of T-spikes

Feedback would be nice

:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Pendulum (Boosts Power of Moves by 20% each turn if the same move is used, Max of 100%)
Type: Poison/Steel

New stats:
Attack: 102 -> 152 (+50)
Defense: 77 -> 107 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Speed: 85 -> 75 (-10)
(BST) 505 -> 605

New moves: Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail
Description: The Pokedex goes on and on about Nidoking's Horn and Its Tail. Nidoking's Tail becomes a large steel ball at the end of its regular tail, and its scales harden. You can use it to go Wallbreaker-Style, or to use it with Sucker Punch to rapidly punish puny opponents.

:Trevenant: Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Grassy Surge
Type: Grass/Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 110 -> 65 (Swap)
Defense: 76 -> 101 (+25)
Special Attack: 65 -> 160 (Swapped +50)
Special Defense: 82 -> 107 (+25)
Speed: 56
(BST) 474 -> 574

New moves: Grass Pledge, Strength Sap
Description: Useful in doubles when paired with a Starter to take use of Grass Pledge, though functions as well just on its own.

:Tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Rocky Entrance (opponent gets Rapid Spin affect, then sets one layer of Stealth Rock upon Mega Evolving and Switch-In)

New stats:
Attack: 121 -> 111 (-10)
Defense: 119 -> 149 (+30)
Special Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
Special Defense: 59 -> 129 (+70)
Speed: 71 -> 71
(BST) 521 -> 621

New moves: Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Description: Tyrantrum now has boosted Defenses and a minor boost to Sp. Atk, now functioning as stall or trapsetter.

:sm/trevenant: Mega Trevenant

Ability:
Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Triage
Typing:
Ghost/Grass

Stats:
Atk: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Def: 76 -> 91 (+15)
SpA: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Spe: 56 -> 76 (+20)
BST: 474 -> 574 (+100)

New Moves: Synthesis (maybe Floral Healing for doubles?)

Flavour: Trevenant is meant to be a guardian of the forest, so Triage works flavour-wise as it uses it to keep the woods alive (itself).

Competitive: Triage allows Mega Trevenant to abuse a +3 priority STAB Horn Leech, as well as Drain Punch, and when combined with its great 120 Atk it makes it hit very hard for a priority spammer. Drain Punch + Poltergeist is unresisted, and Synthesis means it can keep longevity in the match (it doesn't really have a fourth move it wants in particular otherwise anyways). Its Speed isn't great for using Poltergeist however, and in relation to the fact that it can't run an item, a fair few Pokemon can set up on it, and another fair few can destroy it no problem.

Nidoking
Typing: Poison / Ground
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry / Sheer Force --> Sharp Rock (This Pokemon deals 3/2 damage with supereffective attacks.)
HP: 91
Attack: 102--> 107 (+5)
Defense: 77 --> 87 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 85 --> 130 (+45)
Sp. Def: 75 --> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 --> 115 (+30)
New moves: Nasty Plot, Rock Polish.
Whereas her female counterpart became sturdier upon Mega-Evolving, Nidoking unleashes the venom in its body and prefers ranged attack over melee combat - even though he is still no slouch there. Sleeker, Nidoking is more aggressive than ever but is now more focused on find the weaknesses of its opponents.

I wanted to create some sort of duality with my Nidoqueen so Nidoking gets what is basically reverse Solid Rock: an additional STAB whenever it hits super effectively. And well, thanks to its (in)famous Gen 1 movepool, it is not hard to do so. Nidoking is blessed with colorful coverage: Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf are all strong options to complement its natural STABs and its good speed tier. Nidoking even gained some nice set-up options there and its good typing and decent defenses should provide some opportunities. Be careful however as it will be really weak if Sharp Rock doesn't activate.

Tyrantrum
Typing: Rock / Dragon
Ability: Rock Head / Strong Jaw --> Skill Link
Attack: 121 --> 148 (+17)
Defense: 119 --> 139 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 69 --> 96 (+27)
Sp. Def: 59 --> 64 (+5)
Speed: 71 --> 92 (+21)

Tyrantrum was truly an apex predator thanks to its Mega-Evolution: what it lost in raw power, it gained in dexterity. Mega Tyrantrum proves to be surprisingly agile and can move much faster than expected, taking its preys by surprise and dealing blow after blow. It is said that the sheer versatility of Mega Tyrantrum proved to be its undoing as there was simply not enough food to sustain it.

What if we took Mega-Garchomp power and speed and gave it to Tyrantrum ? Not convinced yet? Well, what about giving it Skill Link to good non-killingyourself STABs? The newfound speed is the biggest asset here as at +1 it is now faster than every non-Scarf Pokemon (except Regieleki). Its good defense let it stomach most priority and well, 170 attack + Skill Link Rock Blast AND Dragon Scale (which is now basically a 125 BP move which boosts its speed) is quite frightening and it still has Close Combat and Earthquake for good coverage or Dragon Dance for getting more Attack. Going Mixed is an option with a decent 96 SpAtk when backed with Draco Meteor. It is is still very specially weak and even with a boost it will fail to break some harder walls (the metal birds for instance)

Trevenant
Typing: Ghost / Grass
Ability: Frisk / Harvest / Natural Cure --> Guts

Attack: 110 --> 170 (+60)
Defense: 76 --> 86 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 65 --> 70 (+5)
Sp. Def: 82 --> 112 (+30)
Spe: 56 --> 51 (-5)

New moves: Shadow Sneak

Trevenant's roots have grown bigger while its arms are now bigger and longer. But most of all, Trevenant Mega-Evolution enables it to use affliction plaguing the soil to its advantage by giving it even more strength. It is now able to withstand hurricanes and tempests by implanting itself in the ground before striking back with its sharp claws.

Another strong bulky Water switch-ins. M-Trevenant great special defense let it even stomach weak Ice Beam and Guts takes advantage of Scald burns or Toxic (or Toxic Spikes). From here you can abuse its strong STABs (Wood Hammer and Poltergeist), a pretty nice priority in Shadow Sneak (Sucker Punch ain't enough for me) and EQ to predict incoming Heatran. It also has Synthesis, Horn Leech and Drain Punch for staying power but imo it is too frail to be worth. However it can set up it's own Trick Room which can be pretty interesting.

Last edited:
What if we took Mega-Garchomp attack and speed and gave it to Tyrantrum ?
Could I mmmaybe suggest lowering its Attack a bit if you're doing this in conjunction with Skill Link? Even with your comparison to Mega Garchomp, well... Mega Garchomp's Attack is balanced around getting to use 100 BP moves, not 125 BP moves - and that's a much bigger difference than you'd expect! In terms of raw damage, this is doing roughly the equivalent of a Mega Garchomp with base 225 Attack, not just matching Garchomp.
I think you can get away with hitting a little harder than Mega Garchomp for reference: being equal would only require 126 Attack because you're trading away its Ground STAB and that's kind of big, but I wouldn't really go above 140 or so at a maximum, personally.
That said, I really like the idea of pushing for Scale Shot!! That's such an interesting move - I would be so happy to see this use it!

Also, update!! The slate 17 patch is now live!! You can use :nidoqueen: Mega Nidoqueen, :walrein: Mega Walrein and :aurorus: Mega Aurorus right now with the Mega Stones Nidoqueenite, Walreinite and Aurorite!!
I'll be updating the spreadsheet now accordingly - have fun, everyone!! C:

That aside, remember that submissions close tomorrow at 15:00 GMT! That means there are just over 19 hours remaining in this submission phase.

You are not wrong but Mega-Garchomp was not the best mega and IMO it was meant to be used with Sand Force (in which it overtakes power). Moreover, M-Tyrantrum has to choose between setting-up with Dragon Dance or Scale Shot and when the opponent has strong resists (Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Aegislash) or even fairies, Scale Shot is much less interesting... But after a DD, M-Tyrantrum simply fails to break through many tanky mons.

However, there is another issue: it seems that each individual hit is rounded up and those 125 BP moves are slightly stronger than intended. And yeah you are right that this power is over the edge. What do you think of reducing its attack to 148? I fear 140 is a tad too low and 148 is enough to have only 10% chance to 2KO Skarmory with Rocks up. I have edited the spread in any case.

You are not wrong but Mega-Garchomp was not the best mega and IMO it was meant to be used with Sand Force (in which it overtakes power). Moreover, M-Tyrantrum has to choose between setting-up with Dragon Dance or Scale Shot and when the opponent has strong resists (Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Aegislash) or even fairies, Scale Shot is much less interesting... But after a DD, M-Tyrantrum simply fails to break through many tanky mons.

However, there is another issue: it seems that each individual hit is rounded up and those 125 BP moves are slightly stronger than intended. And yeah you are right that this power is over the edge. What do you think of reducing its attack to 148? I fear 140 is a tad too low and 148 is enough to have only 10% chance to 2KO Skarmory with Rocks up. I have edited the spread in any case.
Ah! Sorry I didn't see this sooner - yeah, I'll allow it with 148! Thanks for the well-justified answer and for understanding! C:

Slate 18 Voting

In any case, I believe it's now time for the submission phase to close and the voting phase to begin! Thanks to everyone for submitting!!

:sm/nidoking:Mega Nidoking
Typing - Poison/Ground
New Ability: Corrosion

New Stats
Hp: 81
Att: 102 -> 152 (+50)
Def: 77 -> 107 (+30)
Spec Att: 85 -> 85
Spec Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 -> 95 (+10)

New Moves: U-Turn

Description: I thought that Nidoking would be a higher physical attacker than special attacker so I decreased its special attack. I decided to make it more of a physical stally pivot with toxic now being able to poison any pokemon and being able to U-Turn out into other pokemon. The only problem is its mediocre speed but it makes up for it in its great defensive stats.
Nidoking-Mega
Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force->Brutality (This Pokemon's non-STAB moves have 1.5x power.)
HP: 81->81 (+0)
Attack: 102->124 (+22)
Defense: 77->109 (+32)
Special Attack: 85->85 (+0)
Special Defense: 75->105 (+30)
Speed: 85->101 (+16)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Coil, Power Whip
Description: Nidoking is finally done with the Special Attacking shenanigans it's been doing for years. Literally all of its Pokedex entries emphasize its power, physical prowess, and mighty strength in its hide, horn, and tail. So this Nidoking goes all in. It isn't too different from fellow Mega wallbreakers in Medicham and Mawile. It holds some advantages over both, but has some major shortcomings as well. It has far superior coverage and an improved speed tier, in addition to better bulk. However, it has less overall power and falls short of many important KOs.
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Corrupted Toxins (This pokemon's attacks ignore damage reduction provided by abilities and items and will deal 25% more damage towards targets with these forms of damage reduction.)

New stats:
Attack: 137 (+35)
Defense: 112 (+35)
Special Defense: 75
(605 BST)

New moves: Gunk Shot
Description:
Remember how Nidoqueen is always portrayed as the "more defensive" of the Nidomons, while Nidoking is portrayed as more offensive? Yeah. This Mega Nidoking intends to bring out the offensive by... bypassing damage reduction from items and abilities??!!

Yes, while 137 attack and very high powered STABs are great, the fact that so much can mitigate that damage makes all of that not nearly as strong. But the thing is, like so many other megas in this mod, the real charm does not come from their stats or movepool or whatever advantage you can think of. The real charm, like so many others, is their ability. Now, what advantage does this ability have for this Mega Nidoking, over others like Mega Mawile and Mega Medicham? Well, the obvious answer would be ignoring damage reduction from would-be counters that Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile struggle to deal with. But this ability can also be used to heavily punish stall, semi-stall, and even balance, all archetypes well-known for being filled with damage reduction. Rather than break them through brute force right from the get-go, this wallbreaker intends to punish those that carry these forms of damage reduction to break them down, essentially turning their damage reduction against them.

But, like so many other pokemon, such power comes at a cost. 137 attack, is again, not that spectacular even with very high-powered STABs and Swords Dance, and its ability also doesn't affect other forms of damage reduction (defense boosts, resistances, hell, even immunities and Screens). This means that in most situations other wallbreaks hit harder than it does. 115 base speed also isn't great either due to how much outspeeds it - Cinderace, Ash-Greninja, the list can go on here. It also can't tank a hit for life as well, especially if that hit was a special attack - sure, 112 defense is decent, but a measly base 75 special defense means most strong special attacks will 2HKO it if it's neutral, and if it's super effective, will OHKO it in a majority of situations.
New Ability
: Moxie

New stats:
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 85 -> 115 (+30)

Description: Mega Nidoking serves as a direct offensive counterpart of Mega Nidoqueen. While Nidoqueen's ability focuses on increasing its Defense stat, Nidoking's ability focuses on boosting its Attack stat for every KO it nets. Mega Nidoking's additional stat boosts aid it in maintaining its Moxie sweep. An increased Speed stat allows it to outpace Pokemon that would have offensively checked it otherwise such as Keldeo, Gengar, and Garchomp while the added defense gives it extra durability to take priority attacks.
:ss/nidoking: Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: A King's Wrath (all its attacks have 1.5* power if is lower than 50% health)

New stats:
Attack: 102 -> 152(+50)
Defense: 77 -> 107(+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 115(+30)
Special Defense: 75 -> 85(+10)
Speed: 85 -> 65(-20)

Description: Mega Nidoking is a frightning wallbreaker with incredible power and good physical bulk, but lacking special bulk and speed making it very good against stall, semi stall and bulky balance but much worse against offense, which easily overwhelms it due to its low speed which is its worst trait. When nidoking protects its child with nidoqueen, they both mega evolve making nidoking much more agressive. Once, when a warrior ventured into its den, it left him poisoned . However it never attacks people who do not venture into its territory.
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Intimidate

New stats:
Attack: 132 (+30)
Defense: 107 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 (+20)

New moves: Drain Punch
Description:
Basically a similar thing as Nidoqueen-Mega. Good Attack combined good moves makes this thing a monster to defeat. It’s also somewhat bulky, and can make use of Substitute + Hone Claws sets. However, it’s Attack and defenses are not the best, so it can be broken through by stronger Pokemon and mega evolutions. Intimidate does help a bit though.
* as per their profile, you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka if you're unable to type their name!
:ss/Nidoking:
Mega Nidoking
New Ability
: Brute Force (Hypercutter Semi-Clone, Attack can not be lowered by opponents, allies, itself, or burn)
New stats:
Defense: 77 -> 97 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Description: I made my Nidoqueen submission a Heal-Up-Sweeper-I-Need-You-To-Destroy-Stuff Pokemon, so it's only appropriate that Nidoking is a Heal-Me-Up-I-Need-To-Destroy-Stuff Pokemon
:ss/nidoking:
New Ability
: Dad (When this pokemon switches out, the pokemon that comes in recovers 1/8 of their health and has its status cured.)
Type: Poison/Fairy

New stats: 81/132/107/95/105/85
HP: 81 (+0)
Attack: 102 --> 132 (+30)
Defense: 77 --> 107 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 --> 95 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed: 85 (+0)
(BST) 505 --> 605

New moves: Play Rough, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Hold Hands
Description: Nidoking goes full support! With its good bulk and defensive typing, it becomes a good switch-in to many fighting, dark or grass type attackers such as Mega-Lopunny, Kartana or Hydreigon. However, Nidoking has a very unique role as a weird kind of cleric since it heals up the pokemon that switches-in after it. With it gifting a weaker regenerator+natural cure to teammates, it becomes great team support that also has the stats to be threatening or switch-into threats. I find it to be very cute with a lot of flavor in the moves. Play Rough demonstrates how a father plays with his kids but can be a bit rough while doing it. Draining Kiss and Sweet Kiss are signs of family love. Hold Hands can be considered to be like if the father was holding the kid's hand while he or she was learning how to walk.

Mega Nidoking
New Ability
:Merciless
Type:Poison/Ground

New stats:
HP:81
Attack:102 ---> 85 (swaped with Special Attack)
Defense:77 ---> 87 (+20)
Special Attack:85 ---> 137 (swaped with Attack and given a +35 boost)
Special Defense:75 ---> 90 (+25)
Speed:85 ---> 105 (+15)
(BST) 505 --->605

New moves:None
Description:I was thinking of a consept for mega nidoking when I thought about how underused Merciless is so nidoking is made to be a good offensive toxic spikes user he has good bulk and speed so it can come in the lay down the T-spikes and once there layed down he can use his 137 base Sp.atk and Merciless to hit hard
To show how hard

Non Mega
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 199-234 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega
252 SpA Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew on a critical hit: 244-288 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage

With LO Nidoking hits a lot harder right of the bat however Mega Nidoking has more bulk and speed and can do even more damage even with just one layer of T-spikes

Feedback would be nice
New Ability
: Pendulum (Boosts Power of Moves by 20% each turn if the same move is used, Max of 100%)
Type: Poison/Steel

New stats:
Attack: 102 -> 152 (+50)
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Speed: 85 -> 75 (-10)
(BST) 505 -> 605

New moves: Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail
Description: The Pokedex goes on and on about Nidoking's Horn and Its Tail. Nidoking's Tail becomes a large steel ball at the end of its regular tail, and its scales harden. You can use it to go Wallbreaker-Style, or to use it with Sucker Punch to rapidly punish puny opponents.

Nidoking
Typing: Poison / Ground
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry / Sheer Force --> Sharp Rock (This Pokemon deals 3/2 damage with supereffective attacks.)
HP: 91
Attack: 102--> 107 (+5)
Defense: 77 --> 87 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 85 --> 130 (+45)
Sp. Def: 75 --> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 --> 115 (+30)
New moves: Nasty Plot, Rock Polish.
Whereas her female counterpart became sturdier upon Mega-Evolving, Nidoking unleashes the venom in its body and prefers ranged attack over melee combat - even though he is still no slouch there. Sleeker, Nidoking is more aggressive than ever but is now more focused on find the weaknesses of its opponents.

I wanted to create some sort of duality with my Nidoqueen so Nidoking gets what is basically reverse Solid Rock: an additional STAB whenever it hits super effectively. And well, thanks to its (in)famous Gen 1 movepool, it is not hard to do so. Nidoking is blessed with colorful coverage: Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf are all strong options to complement its natural STABs and its good speed tier. Nidoking even gained some nice set-up options there and its good typing and decent defenses should provide some opportunities. Be careful however as it will be really weak if Sharp Rock doesn't activate.

:sm/tyrantrum:Mega Tyrantrum
Typing - Dragon/Dark
New Ability: Strong Jaw

New Stats
Hp: 82
Att: 121 -> 156 (+35)
Def: 119 -> 154 (+35)
Spec Att: 69 ->69
Spec Def: 59 -> 74 (+15)
Speed: 71 -> 86 (+15)

New Moves: Jaw Lock, Power Trip

Description: Tyrantrum has strong jaw for better use of jaw lock. It has a lower speed so it isn't to strong. I never liked how all fossil pokemon where rock types (excluding the gen 8 fossils) so I think dark fits Tyrantrum well. It is strong, mean, and should evolve at night in my opinion. Jaw Lock & Power Trip are some cool dark moves to add to it with Jaw Lock for its giant jaw and Power Trip for some extra. This is my first post btw so don't expect too much.

Tyrantrum
Rock, Dragon
Sheer force
82, 171, 149, 94, 84, 61
+50, +30, +15, +15, -10
Focus blast
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Fluffy
Type: Rock | Dragon

New stats
Attack: 121 -> 151 (+30)
Defense: 119
Special Attack: 69 -> 104 (+35)
Special Defense: 59 -> 84 (+25)
Speed: 71 -> 81 (+10)
BST: 521 -> 621 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Fire Blast, Flame Thrower
flavour: Noble Roar

Description:
- Poké Researcher rejoiced when they could finally confirm that ancient Pokémon like Tyrantrum really did have feathers in the past (just like how people in our world assume most dinosaurs had their bodies covered in feathers to better withstand cold, among other functions).
- Fluffy makes Mega Tyrantrum much more reliable at setting-up with Dragon Dance since it now no longer has to worry about strong contact moves like Close Combat. However, it is still checked or countered by most physical Ground Pkm like Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Garchomp, Excadrill, or Hippowdon since the ability is not affected by Earthquake.
- Furthermore, Mega Tyrantrum's speed is low enough for most of these Pokémon to outspeed and OHKO it, especially after Stealth Rock. So, dealing with Mega Tyrantrum shouldn't be too hard. But watch out for Head Smash, Stone Edge, or its special moves such as Draco Meteor and Fire Blast which could hurt Pokémon like Garchomp or Ferrothorn quite a lot, even when unboosted!
- In terms of speed and raw power, it's as fast and almost as strong as Mega Gyarados on the physical side.
- Being the apex of its time and associated with royalty, Mega Tyrantrum should have access to Noble Roar.
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Primordial Fury (When the opponent uses a move with less than 40 BP, take 0 damage from that attack. Then, boost the BP of all of your attacking moves by 25%. This ability will only activate once, but can be activated again once it switches out.)

New stats:
Attack: 151 (+30)
Defense: 149 (+30)
Special Attack: 69
Special Defense: 89 (+30)
Speed: 81 (+10)
(621 BST)

New moves: no
Description: haha water shuriken won't be stopping my sweep this time (real description coming later)
New Ability
: Kingly Majesty: Its majesty pressures the opposing Pokémon, making it unable to attack using negative priority moves.

New stats:
Special Defense: 59 -> 59
Speed: 71 -> 91 (+20)

New moves: Wild Charge
Description: Mega Tyrantrum is now a Dragon Dance sweeper that cannot be phazed, thanks to its immunity to Roar, Whirlwind, and Dragon Tail. Kingly Majesty also gives Tyrantrum immunity to Counter and Focus Punch shenanigans. It can now set up on physical attackers thanks to its sky-high Defense stat. Wild Charge gives it Electric coverage to hit Toxapex and Corviknight in one move slot.
Tyrantrum-Mega
Strong Jaw/Rock Head->Desert Predator (In Sandstorm, this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, Steel, and Dragon moves have 1.5x power.)
HP: 82->82 (+0)
Attack: 121->135 (+14)
Defense: 119->139 (+20)
Special Attack: 69->84 (+15)
Special Defense: 59->86 (+27)
Speed: 71->95 (+24)
New Moves: Diamond Storm, Dragon Hammer, Meteor Mash, Bonemerang (Meteor Mash and Bonemerang have PERFECT flavor, I felt obligated to include them for that alone, not to mention their competitive qualities)
Description: Paralleling the brand new Mega Aurorus as the prime choice for a Weather Mega, Mega Tyrantrum opts for sheer wallbreaking power over the utility and pivoting that Aurorus would provide. Its new ability let it spam its STABs and coverage mercilessly. It is held back still by its somewhat lacking longevity (albeit somewhat patched by its greatly improved bulk), speed tier that lets it be offensively checked fairly easily, and exploitable defensive typing. A great addition to Sand squads looking for extra power.
Also sorry lol I realized a little too late that I had forgotten to just edit my last post xD haha
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Ancient Shield (This Pokemon takes half damage from Rock-type moves, including Stealth Rock damage.)
Type: Fire / Dragon

New stats:
Attack: 145 (+24)
Defense: 145 (+26)
Special Attack: 79 (+10)
Special Defense: 89 (+30)
Speed: 80 (+8)

New moves: Rapid Spin, U-Turn
Description:
I’m feeling super lazy right now, so the controversial typing is there to make me remember to put more effort into making proper pairs tomorrow.
But seriously, Fire-Dragon is rad.
So decided to just keep with this. Basically, I tried to go with Hematite’s idea, but made it a spinner and wallbreaker for Drought teams. It’s actually very hard to find a weather to carve a niche for Tyrantrum in, since Dragon doesn’t have any terrain or weather of its own, and short of creating one, I don’t think i can ever do it properly.
Despite that, Tyrantrum can still function extremely well outside of weather or terrain, being a reliable spinner that also hits hard, and boasting strong STAB (outside of Fire, that is) that allows it to take care of Rock-type attackers that could threaten a sweep. Not only that, but it’s the perfect pivot, taking little damage (3%!) from common Stealth Rock and being able to use powerful (and relatively slow!) U-Turns to punish opponents and bring in counters, allowing it to be a valued member of Flip-Volt-Turn cores. However, low speed and lack of Fire-type moves could make it a liability for it’s own teammates.
* as per their profile, you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka if you're unable to type their name!
:Tyrantrum: Tyrantrum-Mega
New Ability:
Victory Star (all moves have 1.1x accuracy, same ability as Victini)
New Type: Rock/Dragon
New stats:
Attack: 121 -> 170 (+49)
Defense: 119 -> 139 (+20)
Special Attack: 69 -> 100 (+31)
Special Defense: 59
Speed: 71
New Moves: Double Edge, Dragon Rush
Flavor: Consumate behemoth pokemon Tyrantrum becomes even more horrifying in its mega form. Not in its actual design - it becomes a more t-rexy dragon (decked out in spikes, more jagged, etc). It gets a V shaped bone tacked onto its head as well. Its powerful attack is what discourages many from attempting to fight it.
Set Description: Bruiser incoming. Mega Tyrantrum, despite being held back by poor special defense and speed stats that are unchanged from the mega form, gains a monstrous attack stat with a good attacking typing to become a huge menace - especially under things such as trick room, webs, etc. I thought an ability capitalizing on accuracy would be a strong addition to this things already powerful head smash option, and having a 90% head smash seems devastating - even with the recoil penalty. I gave it another strong move option in dragon rush - which is also benefited by victory star and becomes 85% accurate dragon claw buff. Will it be worth running over dragon claw? Maybe. This thing also gets access to another recoil move in double edge, in case you prioritize HP over damage and want to deal damage to something and not take recoil damage (utilizing reckless). All in all, this mega would probably be bad, but it would definitely be fun. Enjoy!
More coming soon?
:ss/Tyrantrum:
Mega Tyrantrum
New Ability
: Strong Jaw

New stats:
Defense: 119 -> 119
Special Attack: 69 -> 89 (+20)
Special Defense: 59 -> 69 (+10)
Speed: 71 -> 101 (+30)

New Ability
: Prehistoric Rage (Dragon type moves hit Fairy types for neutral damage, scrappy clone.)

New stats: 82/151/119/99/89/81
HP: 82 (+0)
Attack: 121 --> 151 (+30)
Defense: 119 (+0)
Special Attack: 69 --> 99 (+30)
Special Defense: 59 --> 89 (+30)
Speed: 71 --> 81 (+10)
(BST) 521 --> 621

Description: To explain what this mega-Tyrantrum is about, I must first tell you a story. The story of Drag-Mag. Once upon a time and by that I mean in gen 5, weather teams were everywhere. No team archetype could stand against them. None except Drag-Mag. Drag-Mag had a simple concept: spam dragon type moves and destroy the opponent. However, when a steel type showed up, the dragons would have a lot more trouble beating it. That's when Magnezone arrived. It trapped and utterly crushed the steel types, leaving nothing but victims for the dragons to take out. Drag-Mag did well until generation 6 arrived. This generation had brought fairies which were completely immune to dragon moves, could not be trapped and were everywhere. Drag-Mag was dead... until... a hero showed up. This hero... was Mega-Tyrantrum.

Anyway the idea with this ability is that Tyrantrum isn't really a dragon. Dinosaurs aren't mentionned in fairy tales so I'm going with the logical ending: The dinosaur eats the fairy. Competitively, it's one of the pokemon that loves Magnezone's support the most. Its outrages hit fairies harder than its iron heads and it can use close combat and earthquake to hit steel types. It seems incredibly threatening especially with dragon dance so it'll be interesting to see where this mega-tyrantrum goes.
Keep Dragon Dance in mind, you say? Can do.

Mega Tyrantrum
Type:
Rock / Dragon
Ability: Stubborn (Magic Guard + Assault Vest's downside)
Stats:
HP: 82​
Att: 151 (+30)​
Def: 159 (+40)​
SpA: 69​
SpD: 79 (+20)​
Spe: 81 (+10)​

Mega Tyrantrum strong big. Mega Tyrantrum no care weak baby damage. Mega Tyrantrum no time weak baby move.

151 Attack puts Mega Tyrantrum's Head Smash slightly over Mega Mawile Play Rough level, but while its ability grants it complete immunity to recoil and passive damage, it also renders it unable to make use of Dragon Dance (or Hone Claws, or Rock Polish, or Stealth Rock, or really any status move). Sure, you could try to set up a Dragon Dance in base form, but good luck doing that with an awful defensive typing and shit special defense.
New Ability
: Rocky Entrance (opponent gets Rapid Spin affect, then sets one layer of Stealth Rock upon Mega Evolving and Switch-In)

New stats:
Attack: 121 -> 111 (-10)
Special Defense: 59 -> 129 (+70)
Speed: 71 -> 71
(BST) 521 -> 621

New moves: Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Description: Tyrantrum now has boosted Defenses and a minor boost to Sp. Atk, now functioning as stall or trapsetter.

Tyrantrum
Typing: Rock / Dragon
Ability: Rock Head / Strong Jaw --> Skill Link
Attack: 121 --> 148 (+17)
Defense: 119 --> 139 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 69 --> 96 (+27)
Sp. Def: 59 --> 64 (+5)
Speed: 71 --> 92 (+21)

Tyrantrum was truly an apex predator thanks to its Mega-Evolution: what it lost in raw power, it gained in dexterity. Mega Tyrantrum proves to be surprisingly agile and can move much faster than expected, taking its preys by surprise and dealing blow after blow. It is said that the sheer versatility of Mega Tyrantrum proved to be its undoing as there was simply not enough food to sustain it.

What if we took Mega-Garchomp power and speed and gave it to Tyrantrum ? Not convinced yet? Well, what about giving it Skill Link to good non-killingyourself STABs? The newfound speed is the biggest asset here as at +1 it is now faster than every non-Scarf Pokemon (except Regieleki). Its good defense let it stomach most priority and well, 170 attack + Skill Link Rock Blast AND Dragon Scale (which is now basically a 125 BP move which boosts its speed) is quite frightening and it still has Close Combat and Earthquake for good coverage or Dragon Dance for getting more Attack. Going Mixed is an option with a decent 96 SpAtk when backed with Draco Meteor. It is is still very specially weak and even with a boost it will fail to break some harder walls (the metal birds for instance)

:sm/trevenant:Mega Trevenant
Typing - Ghost/Grass
New Ability: Burnt Forest - This pokemon has the power of its fire type moves boosted by 1.5%

New Stats
Hp: 85
Att: 110 -> 110
Def: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Spec Att: 65 -> 135 (+70)
Spec Def: 82 -> 102 (+20)
Speed: 56 -> 46 (-10)

New Moves: Fire Lash, Mystical Fire, Fire Blast, Burning Jealousy, Flame Wheel, Flame Charge

Description: I came up with this idea actually before Mega Gourgeist was chosen. This idea is a mixed attacker that has basically 3 stab coverages to help it. It most certainly appreciates trick room for support. This pokemon is a huge counter for Mega Slowking now that I think about it with lower speed than it and being able to hit it with 2 different stab moves while also resisting its water moves.

Trevenant
Ghost, Grass
Wandering spirit
85, 75, 96, 160, 82, 76
atk and spa changed, +10, +20, +50, +20
Fire blast, Flamethrower
:trevenant:
Mega Trevenant
New Ability: Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest --> Rootbound (Prevents adjacent opposing Grass-type Pokemon from choosing to switch out unless they are immune to trapping.)
New Typing
: Ghost/Grass (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 110 (--)
DEF
: 76 --> 106 (+30)
SPA
: 65 --> 120 (+55)
SPD
: 82 --> 142 (+60)
SPE
: 56 --> 11 (-45)

New Moves
: Clear Smog, Haze

Desc: If you wanted to get really wild you could run some sort of nonsense with Forest's Curse (which is something i know i personally am dumb enough to run), but gimmicks aside this thing is able to put some serious pressure on various prominent bulky Grass-types.

As someone who's done a modest amount of mono-grass in my time, it's really obvious that the greatest problem Grass-types face tends to be other grass-types, since they're immune to most of their own tricks; Sleep Powder/Spore and Leech Seed just to name a couple off the top of my head. I wanted it to have decent SpA so it could use HP Fire, but I didn't want to drop the Attack because Drain Punch is really its only hope of recovering HP against the Grass-types it targets (aside from like, Pain Split). The speed drop to even out its attack stats also helps it against Ferrothorn Gyro Ball so that works out I think? I didn't want to give it a straight-up recovery move, because I think Curse might make its job a bit too easy.

252 HP/252+ SpD is narrowly 3HKO'd by +4 252+ Serp HP Fire, guaranteeing both a safe switch-in from full and a Clear Smog/Haze to neutralize the stat buffs, barring crits. 252 HP/0 Def is a 2HKO from both Scarfed and Banded Kartana's Knock Off; 252+ Def is enough to knock Scarf down to a 3HKO but nothing's gonna save you from Band. HP Fire oneshots pretty much no matter what, though, so if you can get in safely or switch in while it's locked into a disadvantageous move, it can't get away.

Aside from stopping the few momentum-based Grass-type sweepers, you can use it against more defensive opponents to set up with PuP or Calm Mind. It can even set its own TR, though I'm not sure its offenses are formidable enough to make too much use out of that. I could see myself running Hex/Wisp/Calm Mind/Pain Split personally!
Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Forest's Grievance
(Applies Torment effect on the Pokémon that hurt the user. Does not affect Grass Pokémon and does not work behind Substitute. The tormented attacker will loose 1/8 of its HP every turn so long as the user is on the field.) If the additional damage is a bit too much, it can be left out.
Type: Ghost | Grass

New stats
Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Defense: 76 -> 116 (+40)
Special Attack: 65

New moves
competitive: Bulk Up, Strength Sap (Strength Sap can be left out if it's too much)

Description:
- The guardian of the forest. It will show no mercy to anyone daring to attack its home. It will let them feel the same pain that the forest felt if they hurt it.
- Mega Trevenant prefers to be a tank that can hit decently hard and regain health with Horn Leech, for instance. Combined with Bulk Up and its new ability, it can be hard to take down, unless your opponent decides using set-up moves like Nasty Plot or Swords Dance.
:trevenant:
Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Root of Terror (When this pokemon dies, the pokemon that landed the killing blow has their highest offensive stat reduced by 2 stages. This particular stat drop will transfer onto the next pokemon that switches in.)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 120 (+10)
Defense: 136 (+60)
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 122 (+30)
(574 BST)

New moves:
Description: the root of all evil, don't challenge it, lest the fear it embodies will overcome you (real description coming later)
New Ability
: Power Drain: User's HP-draining moves have their power boosted by 50%.

New stats:
Attack: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Defense: 76 -> 106 (+30)

Description: Mega Trevenant is a wallbreaker that keeps itself healthy thanks to its ability. Thanks to Power Drain, Horn Leech and Drain Punch now have 112 base power while also healing Trevenant back some yummy HP. Its increased bulk allows it to benefit from its multiple HP-recovery options even further.
Mega Trevenant
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Giant Root (like the held item Big Root, but instead of a 30% boost, it's a 100% boost, aka double)
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 120 (+10)​
Def: 116 (+40)​
SpA: 65​
SpD: 132 (+50)​
Spe: 56​

When it isn't killing and eating humans who threaten its forest, Trevenant is a super chill and friendly Pokemon. It follows then that Mega Trevenant would be a stalwart defender that prefers to defeat its foes by slowly sapping away at their life force rather than bashing them on the head.

Giant Root allows Trevenant to heal a ton of HP between turns. It lets it heal 1/8 of its max HP with Ingrain, and because it's a Ghost, it won't even get trapped. More impressively, it lets it heal 1/4 of the opponent's max HP with Leech Seed, though the opponent will still only be damaged for 1/8 of their max HP. It also heals all the damage Horn Leech and Drain Punch deal, but honestly that isn't nearly as impressive as Leech Seed. Combined with Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and Protect to stall for another turn of Ingrain and/or Leech Seed, you've got a defensive juggernaut that slowly chips away at opponents and refuses to die.
:Trevenant: Trevenant-Mega
New Type:
Ghost/Grass
New Ability: Welcoming Woods (Upon mega evolution or switch in, this pokemon uses leech seed, in a fashion similar to drizzle. It still has the 10% chance to miss)
New Stats:
ATK: 110 -> 130 (+20)
DEF: 76 -> 110 (+34)
SPA: 65 -> 83 (+18)
SPD: 82 -> 110 (+28)
SPE: 56
BST: 574
New Moves: Strength Sap
Flavor: Trevenant, for how cool of a design it has, doesn't smile. Mega Trev fixes that with a ghoulish smile. It becomes more twisted and bracken and it loses some of its leaves, but it gains an overbearing presence instead.
Set Description: Behold, another defensive mega cooked up by Bolivia :P. This mega distinguishes itself from other defensive grass types because of its unique way of dealing damage. Upon switch in, it sets up a leech seed, that will confirm at least one sap unless the opponent uses uturn, parting shot, etc. In addition, bolstered defenses and strength sap give it much greater longevity, and with access to status moves like toxic and wisp, this will be a cornerstone on bulkier teams. Something understated is its significant 130 in attack, which gives it access to some strong sweeping options in moves like hone claws. It could even be a calm mind sweeper if you really want. I think this versatile tree will leech its way to victory in battle, so hopefully it can leech its way to victory in the vote. Enjoy!
:ss/Trevenant:
Mega Trevenant
New Ability
: Forest's Guardian (Delta Stream clone, removes the weaknesses of Grass types)

New stats:
Attack: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Defense: 76 -> 126 (+50)

Description: Trevenant becomes that one thing that's blocking you and your enemy's *Insert Physical Mon that's weak to grass/ghost here* from destroying stuff.
New Ability

(BST) 474 --> 574

New Ability
: Grassy Surge
Type: Grass/Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 110 -> 65 (Swap)
Defense: 76 -> 101 (+25)
Special Attack: 65 -> 160 (Swapped +50)
Special Defense: 82 -> 107 (+25)
(BST) 474 -> 574

New moves: Grass Pledge, Strength Sap
Description: Useful in doubles when paired with a Starter to take use of Grass Pledge, though functions as well just on its own.
:sm/trevenant: Mega Trevenant

Ability:
Natural Cure/Frisk/Harvest -> Triage
Typing:
Ghost/Grass

Stats:
Atk: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Def: 76 -> 91 (+15)
SpA: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Spe: 56 -> 76 (+20)

New Moves: Synthesis (maybe Floral Healing for doubles?)

Flavour: Trevenant is meant to be a guardian of the forest, so Triage works flavour-wise as it uses it to keep the woods alive (itself).

Competitive: Triage allows Mega Trevenant to abuse a +3 priority STAB Horn Leech, as well as Drain Punch, and when combined with its great 120 Atk it makes it hit very hard for a priority spammer. Drain Punch + Poltergeist is unresisted, and Synthesis means it can keep longevity in the match (it doesn't really have a fourth move it wants in particular otherwise anyways). Its Speed isn't great for using Poltergeist however, and in relation to the fact that it can't run an item, a fair few Pokemon can set up on it, and another fair few can destroy it no problem.

Trevenant
Typing: Ghost / Grass
Ability: Frisk / Harvest / Natural Cure --> Guts

Attack: 110 --> 170 (+60)
Defense: 76 --> 86 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 65 --> 70 (+5)
Sp. Def: 82 --> 112 (+30)
Spe: 56 --> 51 (-5)

New moves: Shadow Sneak

Trevenant's roots have grown bigger while its arms are now bigger and longer. But most of all, Trevenant Mega-Evolution enables it to use affliction plaguing the soil to its advantage by giving it even more strength. It is now able to withstand hurricanes and tempests by implanting itself in the ground before striking back with its sharp claws.

Another strong bulky Water switch-ins. M-Trevenant great special defense let it even stomach weak Ice Beam and Guts takes advantage of Scald burns or Toxic (or Toxic Spikes). From here you can abuse its strong STABs (Wood Hammer and Poltergeist), a pretty nice priority in Shadow Sneak (Sucker Punch ain't enough for me) and EQ to predict incoming Heatran. It also has Synthesis, Horn Leech and Drain Punch for staying power but imo it is too frail to be worth. However it can set up it's own Trick Room which can be pretty interesting.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

We also have one more poll on a new move addition! On IsoCon's suggestion, we're considering giving :kricketune: Mega Kricketune access to Triple Axel.
Like last time, this was supported by the original creator inkbug and approved by the rest of the council, so now we're just checking the public opinion on it!

(For those who may not recall, Mega Kricketune is a physical attacker with Dancer, and it relies heavily on being able to respond to setup sweepers that use Swords Dance, Dragon Dance and Clangorous Soul but currently lacks the tools it needs to be able to punish them effectively.
This is a move that supports its concept and its Mega's existing flavor well - I just thought I should clarify why it was wanted in case it wasn't immediately obvious!)

This poll will last until the same time that slate 18 voting closes, and like last time, we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with it.

Before you vote, an important update!!

For this voting phase, we will be using a different voting system put forward by inkbug.
Many of us were dissatisfied with the methodology of our previous voting system for a number of reasons, and after some discussion on the Discord, he got to work right away on investigating better alternatives. We think we would like to adopt this system for future use, so we're letting this be its first test run!
This will be a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.
This change shouldn't change much about how you vote, but I thought it would be best to say up front what the change was and to note that we were no longer following the previously-established points system.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
You votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

A standard vote will look similar to the ones from last time, including being ordered! However, you are not limited to voting for three submissions any more - you can vote for more if you want.
This system isn't very different from the previous one at all for your part - the bigger difference is just in how votes are counted.
For an example of a legal vote, any of the following would be allowed:

:aurorus: Mega Aurorus: zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, Bandkrook​
:aurorus: Mega Aurorus: zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, Bandkrook, BotwNerd745, Hematite​
:aurorus: Mega Aurorus: zxgzxg​

Clarifying edit:​
It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​
- added 17:00 GMT on the 7th of November, 2020​

Other important note:​
It is now more important than ever to make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​
- added 17:46 GMT on the 7th of November, 2020​

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!

Slate 19

Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 19 will be a theme of "not Water-types," suggested by BlueRay, with :eelektross: Mega Eelektross, :dragalge: Mega Dragalge and :dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise!

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the
Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:nidoking: Mega Nidoking: EmpoleonForLife, PalpitoadChamp, The Dragon Master, ChoiceScarfed
:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: Mossy Sandwich, Full_Korbe, Hematemesis, MegaFlareon, kakaks, PalpitoadChamp, DrPumpkinz, かたわれ時
:trevenant: Mega Trevenant: IsoCon, ChoiceScarfed, inkbug

Last edited:
:Nidoking: Mega Nidoking: TheUltraFinder, War Incarnate, MegaFlareon, かたわれ時, Full_Korbe, EmpoleonForLife, The Dragon Master
:Tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: Full_Korbe, かたわれ時, MegaFlareon, PalpitoadChamp, DrPumpkinz, Hematemesis, BlueRay
:Trevenant: Mega Trevenant: DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, MegaFlareon, kakaks

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
wouldn't it be funny if I voted for every sub haha jk..unless?
:nidoking: TheUltraFinder, EmpoleonForLife, FullKorbe, MegaFlareon, Hodaka, BitBitio
:tyrantrum: MossySandwich, kakaks, Hodaka, ChoiceScarfed, BlueRay
:trevenant: IsoCon, TheUltraFinder, DrPumpkinz, inkbug, ChoiceScarfed

Hey, everyone! As these moves have come up a few times in the thread and the Discord alike, the council has decided on an update to the move limit rules after some discussion:

Moves that have no existing users in the format are also not allowed. That means :floette-eternal: Light of Ruin (as AZ's Floette was never released) and the moves exclusive to the Partner Pokémon in :pikachu-starter: Let's Go! Pikachu and :eevee-starter: Let's Go! Eevee (as partner Pikachu and partner Eevee can't be traded out of LGPE and don't exist in National Dex) cannot be added to submissions.​

This change has now been added to the list of rules in the first post.
Sorry to anyone who's disappointed by this, but there are a looot of flavor, optics, balance and accessibility concerns surrounding these moves all at once, and it seems unlikely that we would ever want a submission to use one of these moves, so we felt that it would be better to disallow them outright rather than trying to assess or discourage them on a case-by-case basis.
For reference, we've already discouraged these moves in the past (importantly, there are no winning submissions so far and no submissions in this current slate that have them, so nothing will be changing!), but we're only now making it explicit as one of the submission rules.
Thanks for understanding! We would still encourage you to make the most of our lenience on custom Abilities to achieve similar effects if you're concerned by the void left by any of these moves.

---

:nidoking: Mega Nidoking: Mossy Sandwich, EmpoleonForLife, PalpitoadChamp, Full_Korbe
:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum: PalpitoadChamp, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, MegaFlareon, かたわれ時
:trevenant: Mega Trevenant: Hematemesis, inkbug, IsoCon, BlueRay, MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)