Computer games you played when you were younger (or still play)

Played tons of games on disney channel, cartoon network, and nickelodeon websites when I was younger. I remember being obsessed with a spongebob tower defense game and Spongebob fighting game on nick's website and an Ed, Edd'n Eddy demolition derby game on Cartoon Network's website.

Nitrome and Miniclip were home to a ton of great flash games. There are too many great games on these sites but I remember being addicted to Mutiny and Rubble Trouble.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bloons Tower Defense series, Mario Tower Defense, Super Mario 63 / Super Mario Flash 1+2, Armor Games stuff (Achievement Unlocked, Elephant Quest, Exit Path...), Battalion: Nemesis, Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM), Webkinz (s/o Zacky's Quest), Shellshock: Live & Bad Eggs Online, Steambirds (Survival), Learn to Fly 2, Skywire, Happy Wheels.

There was a Spongebob carnival-type game I remember on the Nick site, a sick Penguins of Madagascar game called Pollution Solution, and an Aaron Stone tower defense game on the Disney site.

Probably my oldest computer game memory is using the public library computers to play a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends game.

in no particular order:

actual goat game. holds up pretty well still. too bad there were so few levels

would play this with my brother for hours

me and my best friend would take turns seeing who could get the furthest before dying

the only reason i remember this is cos like 2 of my current friends also happened to play this as a kid for some reason

this game was pretty bad but i recall playing it

grew up with mario 64 so of course i had to play this

i think a lot of people know this one. back in the day there was a pretty big community focused around this games level editor that i joined when i was like 11 lol i could talk about my time there for hours and hours. that was half my entire life ago. it was through there that i was introduced to PO which is how im here today

nothing remarkable about this one

this game was really shit but i played it cos its got mega man and mega man is cool

who didnt play this

these games were sonic crossed with mega man x crossed with final fantasy and its exactly as edgy as it sounds. i didnt know a lick of english at the time so all i played this for was the freaking BADASS anime intros and the action.

apparently they made this into a ps2 game

made by the dude that wrote the wimpy kid books

the hot craze way back when

this game also kinda sucked

these were so bizarre there were like dozens of variations based on varius sports. very strange

there were always so many different versions of this genre of game for some reason and theyre always the exact same.

so badass ninja!!!!!!

everyone knows this one. very cool game

the way of the ninja. turns out its a switch game now

i made a youtube video waaaay back when youtube was new of me playing this. not sure why. absolutely no one watched it

some stick figure fighting game. id play 2v2 with my brother vs 2 computer opponents, was super fun moving around in this, flying around jumping off walls and doing backflips
im sure there are many more but they are condemned to be lost with the passage of time

e: i should specify i played these like over 10 years ago

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
here are some games that I really loved as young (mostly Flash games)

A Koopa's Revenge:

It's basically a Mario Flash game where you play as a koopa instead of Mario and your goal is to defeat Mario's group in order to free Bowser. Play the game here

Super Mario 63:

Another Mario Flash game, this is something like a mix of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. There is also a "precessor" called Super Mario Sunshine 64, though SM63 is more "developed". Though I loved both games. Play SM63 here.

Road of the Dead (and subsequent games):

Basically, there's a zombie outbreak in the city where you (as the protagonist) live, so you hop in your sports car and try to escape through a highway. However, there's a quarantine set up by the military in order to contain the outbreak and they attempt to stop you due to fear of you being infected. Any more details would constitute spoiler, so if you are interested, you can play it here

The game has a sequel (which, to nobody's surprise, is called Road of the Dead 2). The game takes place in the same location as ROTD1 and around the same time. However, the protagonists are two military soldiers that decide to escape the city. Unlike in ROTD1, there's no military to face here. Play it here

Another sequel, if I have to call it that, is called "Lab of the Dead". Unlike the first two games, you are not escaping anything here. Instead, you (a scientist), alongside a military crew with which you teamed up, find an abandoned complex with hundreds of zombies locked up, so you decide to experiment with them. Throughout the game, you will discover more and more about the complex. Play it here

And *finally*, there's a sequel called Range of the Dead. Telling what happens in it would constitute spoilers to the previous one. If you are interested, you can play it here (note: it uses a Unity web plugin not supported on Chrome).

Mario Remix: Boss Edition

Another Mario Flash game (lol), this is a game where you fight bosses from other prominent games, like Sonic, Mega Man series, and etc. Some of them are pretty bullshitted, though, I am going to warn you. Play it here

Rebuild 2:

The game takes place after a zombie apocalypse. You become the leader of a surviving crew and your goal is to reclaim land from a city and "rebuild" society. There's a prequel of the game, but it's not that good, so I recommend just starting with the second one. Play it here

Papa's [insert some food here]ria:

Those are a series of games where you have to manage a restaurant in place of a famous chef called Papa Louie. You need to serve customers by preparing all kinds of dishes that match their preferences. There are multiple games, including a pizzeria, bugeria, shakeria, pancakeria, and more. My favorite ones are Papa's Pizzeria and Papa's Shakeria. I have gotten Gold Medal on all customers in those games.

I am not gonna link to every single game, but you can search for it if you wanna play it.

I may make another post if I think of more games that I loved as a child.

Last edited:

Caesarr

formerly CaesarzeppeliXD
Papa louie 2 and 3, i like more this version of papa's game than the cook one.

Nitrome games in general, specially nitrome must die.

And my favorite multiplayer game, money movers

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Here's a couple old computer games from when I was a kid.

Alley 19 Bowling:

An old-timey styled bowling alley, Alley 19 Bowling was certainly ahead of it's time in the actual game department. From the mouse movements translating to angle of your ball, to the people heckling you when you miss, this game has a lot of heart and charm, with a surprisingly good soundtrack to boot.

Minigolf Master 2:

Minigolf in wild and wacky places before it was cool. The video here doesn't really do the courses justice, but playing from a Pirate Ship to a Jurassic Park-styled level as a piece of toast and a viking was something that I could spend several hours on.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh right I played so much Super Mario Flash. Somehow totally forgot about that. Basically Mario Maker before Mario Maker.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So we all know pajama sam was good, but really only pajama sam 3 had any substance. Now, freddi fish, freddi fish had consistent quality. The rest of the humongous entertainment games were good, but nothing stellar.

Tonka construction 2 was for real gangsters

You know what's better than pajama sam? Knowledge. I'm talking reader rabbit 2nd grade kind of knowledge. Teach you how to read while gaming, what else do you need? Reader rabbit math (ages 6-9) rocked the pirate theme hard.

Lego island, lego racers, lego chess. In fact lego island was an early example of "block-type games", later popularized by indie titles like minecraft. Management of resources (doughnuts and pizza) while navigating a pastel-based world where you can build and deconstruct at will. The lego series's magnum opus, lego loco, could also be called an inspiration for "stand-type games" such as death stranding, as nobody knows what the point of this game is at all.

I never played it myself, but everybody knows chips challenge defined the puzzle game scene for years. Bejewelwd was a computer game before it was mobile.

General mills cereal eaters out there will know that pablo dominates backyard baseball.

Somebody already mentioned the absolute masterpiece that is the original Zoo Tycoon so I'll go for a similar but just as amazing game, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. It's a zoo simulation game in which you create your own Jurassic Park. It's pretty rough around the edges, having released in 2003 (the same year as Zoo Tycoon funnily enough) but if you wanna watch dinosaurs fuck around and shit it's pretty good. It also has all your basic park management stuff, but the real fun of it is just unleashing your T Rexes and Velociraptors onto the stupid fucks who decided coming to Jurassic Park was a good idea. It also has some unique battle animations between dinos which is fun to do but I think that counts as animal abuse (as a pokemon fan who am I to judge I guess). Unfortunately it's really hard to get your hands on and the modding community that used to exist around it has seemingly vanished off the face of the Earth, but if you like dinosaurs it's a fun game to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)