[Gen8] JPN Dittos + VGC mons + Useful Items Giveaway [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... you need to mention why they should be added. Stats aren't everything.

When it comes to WP users in VGC, Dragonite isn't anywhere near the top. Most WP mons this gen usually utilize self proc strategies, which goes against Multi Scale. Multi Scale itself gets defeated by Fake Out and Spread moves. Inner focus is nice, but it gets outclassed by Dragapult as a WP wielding, intimidate immune dragon. Dragonite is definitely solid in OU/BSS, but not in doubles. Overall, if you want a WP proccing dragon that can cause havoc, you turn to Dragapult not Dragonite.

Garchomp once ruled the VGC format... But nowerdays, it falls into the shadow of the infamous Landorus-T, which is a far stronger Pokemon in the format than Garchomp is. Also, with the rise in fairy types, and the introduction of dragapult, Garchomp falls to the wayside a little. If there was a Season 6 style season for the CT format, you could see Garchomp take over from where lando left off. However, for now, Garchomp is outclassed as a Pokemon.
As the thread says, non legendary requests. Therefore Garchomp. It has Rough skin ability as well witch is unique and its speed as well is Nice.When i comes to Dragonite, i often play season. Its rare to use spread moves and if you predict, you can roost away the fake outs. Dragapult is better but dragonite is just a very cool poke to use

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
At the end of the day, I still breed whatever suits my fancy. Your job is to convince me I should put time into it :)

If there's no explanation to help me understand why an underused mon is important for me to add, I'll simply skip it. I understand some competitive concepts, but I'm not playing competitively currently to instantly know.

Last edited:
Since these ditto are Japanese, if we use them for breeding with an ENG profile pokemon, will it apply the masuda method to the shiny odds, or is this negated since these are "RNG abused"?

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Since these ditto are Japanese, if we use them for breeding with an ENG profile pokemon, will it apply the masuda method to the shiny odds, or is this negated since these are "RNG abused"?
Masuda is based on language tag of the two Pokemon, regardless of what language your save is.

The game cannot tell.

RNG abuse = doing a lot of math to figure out when to press buttons to get the result you want.
That's interesting to find out after they have kind-of shut down hacked raids once zarude and shiny celebi raids were being produced. Figured they would've made a way to check for any artificially produced mons (which does not include what you're offering here since they're RNG based).

Anubis

HONK
That's interesting to find out after they have kind-of shut down hacked raids. Figured they would've made a way to check for any artificially produced mons (which does not include what you're offering here since they're RNG based).
Hacked mons can be identical to legitimate ones, so it is impossible to tell 100% the origin of a Pokemon unless you personally observed it being obtained. This topic is outside the scope of this thread.

Anubis

HONK
When are you going to add the Ability Patch?
Also Thanks so much for this!
I will not be adding Ability Patch for now. This item seems to be very overvalued and people will farm hundreds of them like Master Ball to retrade, which would make the giveaway more difficult for most people who only want a few items.
Items that are useful or limited. Don't ask for "every [item of a particular type] because someone might need them." Instead, list the ones that are useful/limited and explain why if needed. (Trading for money is not worth your time; learn to den skip for Watts to make 90k per minute.) Ability Patch will not be added; this is in the same bucket as Master Ball.

Going to recommend Mamoswine as well, but going to more of a Generic set based off its 9% usage stats on Pikalytics.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower (TR)
- Protect
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash (Egg Move)

Additional Moves:
- Freeze Dry (Egg Move)
- Earthquake (Lvl Up Move)
- Rock Slide (TM)

Is a Solid threat to half the popular mons, with Freeze Dry being a nice tech to help counter the best mon in format, Tapu Fini

Going to recommend Mamoswine as well, but going to more of a Generic set based off its 9% usage stats on Pikalytics.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower (TR)
- Protect
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash (Egg Move)

Additional Moves:
- Freeze Dry (Egg Move)
- Earthquake (Lvl Up Move)
- Rock Slide (TM)

Is a Solid threat to half the popular mons, with Freeze Dry being a nice tech to help counter the best mon in format, Tapu Fini
Freeze-Dry does not counter Fini nor is that even Mamo's job. Mamoswine is currently quite good alongside Defiant Thundurus-I and handling Fini is generally Thundy's job. 9.02% usage is pretty solid and what I'd recommend for Mamo is:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Level-Up Moves:
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
TMs:
- Rock Slide
- Icicle Spear
- Protect
TRs:
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower
Egg Moves:
- Icicle Crash

So I guess I'll put a personal favorite of mine up for suggestion: Salamence. While the loss of its Mega and its strict competition with Dragapult makes it not a first look pick, it still has its merits. It comes with Intimidate and, along with its good overall bulk, makes it a good tank against physical attacks from popular physical threats. Slap on an Assault Vest and it can take even super effective hits nicely. One of its key uses, though, is Bulldoze. It makes a great partner for Weakness Policy Metagross thanks to its 100 base speed allowing it to trigger its partner's WP while also breaking sashes and lowering your opponent's speed. 100 base speed is also a great speed tier to sit in as not too many meta mons reach that without a Choice Scarf or Tailwind.

Salamence (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Bulldoze
- Heat Wave
- Draco Meteor

Thank you so much for this service! I haven't played Pokemon in over three years, so when I started playing last week, I had already missed the evolutionary sweets when they came out in January.

Not that its a problem or anything, but is the reason for not adding anymore legends the same reason for not adding master balls (because of greedy users farming hundreds of them to retrade)?

Once again its not a problem that you arent adding them. Im just curious.

Not that its a problem or anything, but is the reason for not adding anymore legends the same reason for not adding master balls (because of greedy users farming hundreds of them to retrade)?

Once again its not a problem that you arent adding them. Im just curious.
  1. I will not be taking requests for legendary Pokemon for now. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to obtain them in gen 8 with correct IVs due to the 4 IV limit, and I am only allowed to get one of each per save file, which I would be expected to give away here. I currently do not have the time/interest to work on those requests and would rather continue playing the game, especially when legendaries from this thread are already being used as trade fodder by greedy users.

Just got into VGC and my goodness thank you for all your work. Made this account just to express some gratitude, this is amazingly generous thank you!

Anubis

HONK
Oh. I didn't realize there was a 4 IV limit. Weird. Well, good to know for when i shiny hunt Dialga in a DA.
It's a minimum limit, not a maximum limit. It makes it harder to get 0's where people need them, there's no way to RNG abuse the IVs, and you only get one per save file.

Since you seem to have a lot of the VGC mons covered, would you consider mons that would be useful for the Restricted Sparring facility, or would that be too small of a niche/not really worth your time?

I've been having so much trouble getting the TMs I needed for all my mons but your giveaway has helped so much. Honestly, thank you so much, you're a real life saver man. Honestly, just thanks for the amazing work you're doing.

As per the request of Anubis, I am providing a comprehensive spread for Galarian Moltres. Just as a disclaimer, this post is NOT a green light saying it's now okay to request legendary Pokemon on the thread. I was asked for spreads, but no other rules have changed.

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
Level: 100
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Level-Up Moves:
- Air Slash *
- Fiery Wrath *
- Nasty Plot *
- Hurricane *
TMs:
- Snarl
- Protect *
TRs:
- Taunt

* = Most common moves by a significant percentage margin

G-Moltres doesn't get a massive moveset, but it received enough moves that compliment its typing and base stats to help it shoot up to over 10% usage in November on high-ladder Showdown! VGC 2021. It also has enough bulk to make use of a Weakness Policy when partnered with a Draining Kiss Comfey. Despite only having base 100 SpA, Nasty Plot is a great set up move, and Flying and Dark are great offensive types and have blanket coverage on just about everything, which explains the starred moves in the spoiler.

I hope the birb spread helps, Anubis! Thanks again for the great thread!

I think Dynite Ore might be a good addition, as going through another max raid adventure when you only need 1-3 candies to get something is really inconvienent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)