Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So a follow up to my post from two weeks ago:

With Ubers now testing Dynamax (and probably banning it), is there going to be another format for people to play that has Dynamax? I know you can use Dynamax in AG (obviously), and randbats has Dynamax. But what I am looking for is a format to use Dynamax that still preserves the standard clauses (e.g. Sleep Clause, Species Clause, etc.), so that people who have fun playing Dynamax can still do battles with it. Even if there is no ladder for it.
There most likely won't be a format like that, but if you don't care about having a ladder and only about playing with friends or even room tours, you can manually remove the clause by using custom rules when challenging someone or creating a tournament.

There most likely won't be a format like that, but if you don't care about having a ladder and only about playing with friends or even room tours, you can manually remove the clause by using custom rules when challenging someone or creating a tournament.
I never knew you could do that actually - what would be the /challenge command to remove the Dynamax ban (once it becomes a ban)?

How about we unban eternatus-eternamax?this beast has 1125 BST but imo its not broken,Calyrex(both forms),Zacian-C,Necrozma and mewtwo can handle him pretty well,it can also check many big threats like kyogre,yveltal,dracovish,its healthy for the metagame,we should give him a chance to stay

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do you think Calyrex-Shadow will be less powerful if dynamax is banned ?
probably. without dynamax, calyrex has less possibilities to beat yveltal, so you don't have to scout for the hard dyna fairy at +2 with sucker punch so you can just click snarl. the only possibility to beat yveltal will be to use trick and to pressure it with rocks, i definitely think calyrex won't be as broken as it is now

I was thinking of starting an Ubers tournament where you're not allowed to use the Rusted Sword or Calyrex-Shadow. I'm hearing a lot of people in the discussion thread talking about how they'd like those things banned (and for the record I agree), and I think this would be a good way of testing what the meta would be like without those things. Would you guys be interested in joining such a tournament?

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
I was thinking of starting an Ubers tournament where you're not allowed to use the Rusted Sword or Calyrex-Shadow. I'm hearing a lot of people in the discussion thread talking about how they'd like those things banned (and for the record I agree), and I think this would be a good way of testing what the meta would be like without those things. Would you guys be interested in joining such a tournament?
I don't think this is the right thread for this kind of question, you should rather gather opinions on the Ubers discord or the PS! room then ask Nayrz or another forum mod before making your tournament.

Why was suddenly Zamazenta Hero considered unviable? I remember it was somewhat similar enough with Zacian Hero thats its not that far behind in viability.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Why was suddenly Zamazenta Hero considered unviable? I remember it was somewhat similar enough with Zacian Hero thats its not that far behind in viability.
Previously, teams were was worse off when dealing with Zamazenta in DLC 1 where it had around the same viability as regular Zacian, because the general fighting resists were things like Phys.def Eternatus which were destroyed by its solid coverage. Now however, it's easier to to deal with both offensively and defensively. Calyrex-S is immune to its STAB and resists psychic fangs, and is a very solid way to offensively cover it. Zacian-C is currently the best mon and outclasses it so lot harder now due to meta changes and it now running more sets that can break its checks so Zamazenta isn't needed as a breaker for those, Kyogre outspeeds and revenges with scarf, Xerneas lives hits and revenges or uses it as set up fodder, Zygarde is typically a stone wall with defensive sets, Ho-oh can pivot, etc.

Given that though, I don't think it deserves to be all the way in D rank personally, I put it a bit higher in low C rank because it's still Zamazenta and has power, but the majority generally sees it as a useless pick which I can see the reasoning behind just because so many things outclass it and I doubt any serious teams would want to have it, because like just pick Marshadow or Zacian-C or like most physical attackers and they'll generally perform better.

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Why isn't crowned zamazenta used as a wall?
  • Crowned Zamazenta has an excellent 145 in both defensive stats and an acceptable 92 HP.
  • It can use a rest, sleep talk, iron defense, substitute and protect

• It's a steel and fighting type which gives it 9 resistances, 1 immunity and 3 weaknesses.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Why isn't crowned zamazenta used as a wall?
  • Crowned Zamazenta has an excellent 145 in both defensive stats and an acceptable 92 HP.
  • It can use a rest, sleep talk, iron defense, substitute and protect

• It's a steel and fighting type which gives it 9 resistances, 1 immunity and 3 weaknesses.
The defenses are decent on it, but the resistances mentioned don't actually impact it all that much, as out of those 9 the only type that a mon would likely rely on for all its damage output is dark with Yveltal, which can also just uturn out. Unless you're Zygarde-C, Giratina-A, tyranitar, or some other insanely fat mon with a good support movepool that can also hold an item, rest generally isn't a great form of recovery, especially with how poor Zamazenta's support movepool is consisting of pretty much nothing outside of rest which isn't great. Offensively it can't do much either with it lacking an item slot and meaningful coverage / set up options, so if it does manage to be a resting wall it can't support or deal any good damage.

It wouldn't wall much outside of defensive Yveltal like mentioned, as top mons like Calyrex-Shadow, Zacian, Marshadow, Zygarde, Groudon, Kyogre, Lunala, etc. all have ways to threaten it while some like Zygarde just take no damage from its attacks. The combination of a bad support movepool and an extremely unfriendly meta keeps it out of being a good wall like it was supposed to be.

What Pokemon Is a Good Focus Sash Calyrex-Shadow Check?
You can invalidate the focus sash with entry hazards and the like. Barring that Yveltal switches into it well (specially defensive variants can take two +2 draining kisses), and if you break the sash you can revenge kill it with a variety of scarfers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre (also Marshadow).

You can invalidate the focus sash with entry hazards and the like. Barring that Yveltal switches into it well (specially defensive variants can take two +2 draining kisses), and if you break the sash you can revenge kill it with a variety of scarfers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre (also Marshadow).
Oh Ok, Thank You For The Tips :D

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
They play entirely different the introduction of Zacian, Calyrex-S, Heavy Duty Boots, removal of Arc forms etc. Being good at one doesnt necessarily mean you'll do well in the other and vice versa.
Ok then. So how can I improve? Yes practice is the obvious answer but I already fought over 200 battles.

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In Generation 8 Ubers, what are some solid counters to Eternatus?
necrozma-dm, tyranitar, blissey and lunala are all good counters to offensive eternatus, otherwise you can just play around it with like yveltal and ho oh if it's just defensive

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Question about web setters in the the VR, why is Shuckle above every web setter and why isnt Ribombee in the VR?
Shuckle provides the unique distinction of carrying Stealth Rock as well, which eases teambuilding complications and has the nice benefit of rendering Focus Sash pokemon hoping to halt a sweep from one of your hyper offense pokemon completely useless. The main examples of this rule include Marshadow and Calyrex-Shadow, who frequently carry Focus Sash.

As for Ribombee, though I haven’t used it, it appears it would be a decent setter of the hazard, due to it threatening out Yveltal with its fairy stab, and being quite the annoyance for Ho-oh since it cant be broken by Sacred Fire burns because of Shield Dust. Though i wouldnt recommend it personally over the aforementioned shuckle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)