Project Player of the Week

Our voting period comes to a close! Without further ado, our next CAP player of the week will be @2spoopy4u. Congrats to them! As such, questions directed at Darek851 should cease.

We're going to give Spoopy some time to answer the questionaire I have prepared for them. Until then, think of your best questions and such for 2spoopy4u.

:Jumbao:
Interview #2: 2spoopy4u

You may recognize 2spoopy4u as the a room moderator from the CAP room, a proud memeber of both the Malicious Miasmaws and the Galactic Astrolotols, or as the current Topic Leader for stats on CAP 29! Without further ado, we give you our second CAP Player of the week, @2spoopy4u!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself, outside of pokemon showdown:
I'm a 19 year old college student living with my parents in austin texas rn, although I go to a small school up in ohio for most of the year. I'm undecided as far as my official major goes but I'll probably end up majoring in sociology or some other social science. I don't do a lot these days other than work and play mons lol, I used to have a few more hobbies before the pandemic like playing trumpet, drawing a bit, few other video games, etc but sticking to smogon is what's been comfortable for me lately haha.

Where’d you get your username from?
Honestly I do not like my username at all and it was just one of many dumb alts I made way back in 2014 and for some reason it ended up being the name that stuck.

Favourite CAP: Hard to say tbh, it's probably Jumbao, but equilibra, kerfluffle, and plasmanta are all very dope.

How you got started in CAP/What drew you in?
I got started in cap back during oras, I think it was right around the time that cruci was released when I started to play the tier on showdown and became active in the chatroom because I had gotten really bored of the OU ladder. Eventually I migrated over to the forums halfway through kerf's process and voted in various polls/lurked the project on and off for a few years, and after being stuck at home during the pandemic I started to be a lot more active in the community and eventually wound up where I am now.

What do you bring to the CAP community?
Just as far as regular contributions go, I'm currently on the tlt for cap29 leading the stats stage, and I've been pretty active in the metagame for a while, being on the vr council/playing tours/posting in the forums etc. I also bring my wonderful smile and funny discord emotes.

How has your experience been as tlt on CAP 29?
It's been a really positive experience honestly, I'm really happy that I decided to sign up and that people thought I'd be a good candidate. The ride's been a little bumpy at times, but in general I've loved working so closely with everyone else on the tlt and I feel like I'm learning a lot about the project and my own capabilities. It's just very cool to have an opportunity where you're at the heart of discussion and where you can leave more of a mark on the project, so despite being stressful at times, the whole experience has been pretty valuable to me and it's definitely something I'd like to do again in the future.

Is CAP more or less enjoyable with the increased authority in the rooms/forums?

Whew, well, yeah as a whole I'd say that it's a lot more enjoyable. There's definitely this self reinforcing cycle where you get a little bit of authority and recognition, which makes the work more rewarding and puts you in a new position where you can continue to learn, so you do more work and it's of higher quality so eventually you get more recognition, and etc. It's really nice to feel that kind of validation, and I think any increased amount of authority has also lead to me making stronger connections with people in the community, which might be the thing I value the most. From the limited view I have of more experienced folks across this site, I think there's kind of this point where having more authority/a better standing in the community becomes the new normal, which is when people start to really burn out. Plus the longer you stay on this site the higher chance there is of having negative experiences/drama that puts a damper on the whole thing. As for me though, the novelty hasn't really worn off yet, and there hasn't been any majorly stressful drama I've gotten myself wrapped up in, so I don't think my enjoyment of CAP has hit its peak yet or anything. This was a long answer to a short question lol, but yeah, I do enjoy it a lot more, even if it's literally just like being a PS room mod and being on the TLT.

What’s your favourite playstyle to use in CAP and why?
Probably balance/bulky offense, it's just the easiest for me to pilot and build and it feels like the most consistent playstyle by far right now

Thoughts on the current CAP metagame? The current meta feels great rn, there's some annoying stuff to deal with in the builder like chomp and to an extent torn-t/heatran, but in general I'm really happy with where the tier is at and I think it's at its most balanced in a long time.

What were your experiences, or favourite moments from the most recent CAP team tournaments (CAP snake, CAPPL)?
CAP snake was pretty cool because I thought I'd hardly have any free time at all and that ended up not being true for me, so I was able to contribute a good amount to the team and make some new connections. It was sad that we just barely missed finals but I still value the experience a lot because I got to know people like darek/rabia/lasen better from teaming with them. CAPPL was a different experience in many ways but it was still really great to play in, because I was relatively newer in the scene at that point and I was worried that I wouldn't get drafted at all lol so it made me pretty happy when volt picked me up. It was just really nice to be a part of something like that as someone who hadn't experienced it before, and a lot of the connections I made on that team I've kept until today, so yeah, it's like christmas time for me whenever a team tour happens and I'm super excited for this summer.

Share a particular team you are proud of? In general I have a hard time judging the strength of my teams because I usually only test against people who are way better at this game than me, but I've been using this team for the past day or two and it's been pretty fun, mostly just built around supporting sub+NP tornadus. I'll also share this one I built maybe two weeks ago around double spookies + sd scizor (very underrated mon).

Can you give some advice for new CAPers starting off in the metagame? Definitely look through replays of whatever the most recent tournament is, that's probably the best way to see what the meta looks like and you can steal some teams that look fun to use. Other than that I'd just lurk around the meta forum/discord and try to participate in a lot of roomtours so you can get a feel for the tier.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hi spoo, I have a few questions for you.

What is your favorite CAP to use in the metagame? Doesn't have to be good, just your favorite to try to make work competitively.

What is your favorite CAP overall? Just by art design, metagame placement, whatever metric.

Why does spoo smell?

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
SPOO!

1) What are your opinions on the whole cawmodore thingie thats been going on; do you think it should be nerfed or nah

2) Whats the hottest meta/vr take you have about the current metagame

3) You've done quite a bit in your relatively short period of involvement w CAP; you're a room mod, you've become TLT, you're part of both the VR council and QC team, and you're a driving force in almost all CAP process discussions. What achievement are you most proud of in regards to CAP?

4) Please please please show me your drawings id love to see them oml

5) What do you think's the most underrated meta pick rn and why?

6) Isnt a question but could you ship this to India? I live on 420 Bingus Lane on BagelsAreDonuts street, ty
1616860359876.png

no i would never steal this joke from wulf couldnt be me

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi Spoo, the government and I have moved on from Darek and have eliminated him as a suspect. We would now like to ask you a few questions.

Who is your favorite player to test with?

Which is the better team, 2v2 or 3v3?

Of the weather types, which is the most honorable?

Can you QC check Miasmaw?

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
hi guys
What is your favorite CAP to use in the metagame? Doesn't have to be good, just your favorite to try to make work competitively.
the boring answer is pajantom/krilowatt but honestly i don't think anything can come close to the feeling you get when you sweep someone with weakness policy weak armor aurumoth
What is your favorite CAP overall? Just by locks, metagame placement, whatever metric.
Favourite CAP: Hard to say tbh, it's probably Jumbao, but equilibra, kerfluffle, and plasmanta are all very dope.
learn to read fool ... naviathan is also very underrated though
Why does spoo smell?
1616866699663.png

SPOO!

1) What are your opinions on the whole cawmodore thingie thats been going on; do you think it should be nerfed or nah
cawm is annoying af and I've just stopped trying to account for it in the builder at this point but I don't think it's necessarily problematic enough to nerf either. I could see an argument to nerf it just to stop it from causing bigger problems in the future and to "clean up" one part of the tier that's always been a stain and sorta unhealthy, but tbh screens HO will always have its matchup fishes and if cawm was seriously nerfed then the playstyle would probably just start using something else that is equally or nearly as bad. so like, if cawmodore was nerfed I wouldn't complain at all, but I still don't think it's something that's in critical need of being addressed right now
2) Whats the hottest meta/vr take you have about the current metagame
OK well i do not think chomp should be S (i could see libra dropping too tbh, I've mostly come around to thinking that slowking is easily the best rn and there is nothing wrong with it being the sole mon in S, if we even still need to have an S rank at all) and I also feel like tomohawk is sorta dog atm. idk why pex is still in A either, I realized this like a week ago but I genuinely could not tell u the last time I've seen a toxapex in this tier. as for weird shit in the lower ranks, skarm is prob a lot better than people give it credit for, and I think volcarona and magnezone could both see a lot more exploration too
3) You've done quite a bit in your relatively short period of involvement w CAP; you're a room mod, you've become TLT, you're part of both the VR council and QC team, and you're a driving force in almost all CAP process discussions. What achievement are you most proud of in regards to CAP?
thanks for gassing me up lol. idk if there's a single achievement I could point to and say I'm the most proud of (maybe making TLT if i had to pick one?) but I'm very happy with my contributions to this project just in general, so i will say i am most proud of everything as a whole ! bit of a copout answer but it's true
4) Please please please show me your drawings id love to see them oml
i will try to find a sketchbook lying around and photograph some stuff but no promises @_@
5) What do you think's the most underrated meta pick rn and why?
scizor good, fini good, gastro good, smokozone pretty nice
6) Isnt a question but could you ship this to India? I live on 420 Bingus Lane on BagelsAreDonuts street, ty
View attachment 326938

no i would never steal this joke from wulf couldnt be me
sorry I think they're all sold out. shame too because it was on a really good sale

Lasen
what
IMG_5469.jpg

midnight sharp
yes

the rest of the questions will be answered after I feel I've created enough suspense and definitely not because this is already a long post and I want to improve my ratio, I'll see you all soon (or perhaps never again...?)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
the sequel

Have you ever been in love ?
aye these are some deep questions lol. my personal answer is that i'm not sure, but i think that implies the real answer is probably no. sorta seems like one of those things where if you've experienced it before then you'll know without a doubt. there have been one or two times in my life where i've felt an incredibly deep longing or affection for someone, and it's tempting to classify that as love, but i think those feelings may have just been stemming from my specific life situation at the time, or i was misplacing different feelings/issues and it was just a really intense crush in reality. i have a lot of love for a lot of people in my life but if we're talking about love in the romantic sense then it's difficult for me to say if i've experienced that or not
Do you often think about death ?
not particularly often no. i think i've just avoided ever thinking too hard about it, like if i do ever start to think about it for a long time i'll just stop myself haha. my brain definitely has no real comprehension of what it would actually be like to die and that's probably for the best. if i ever "understood" dying/the fear of death better, i prob would not be able to ever get it out of my head, so it feels like it's one of those things that it's better not to know. i just tell myself that i'm invincible so i won't ever have to confront that reality !
Favorite art form ? Favorite piece of art ?
cool question, honestly I dunno though! i'd say the form which i engage with most often is probably music, and i could tell you a few albums that i really like, but i don't really see any of them as some impeccable work of art - i mostly just see them as casual entertainment for me, which is prob not giving them the credit they deserve, but it's really not common for me to listen to an album and be like "holy shit, this is seriously a work of art." it's usually just something that sounds nice to my brain. in all truth i'm kind of a dumbass so when i'm consuming some kind of art, i'm not thinking very critically about it, it's just pleasing in a very superficial aesthetic sense. that also applies to visual art, where like, most of the stuff i enjoy is stuff i don't have to think too hard about, eg i like abstract/impressionist art because it's very easy to enjoy superficially, although there's some more illustrative stuff that i enjoy quite a bit like leyendecker. i don't think i could tell you a single favorite piece of art though, i am incredibly indecisive and whether it's visual/musical/anything else i definitely couldn't pin down one thing that stands out to me the most lol.

Hi Spoo, the government and I have moved on from Darek and have eliminated him as a suspect. We would now like to ask you a few questions.

Who is your favorite player to test with?
i feel like i usually get pretty even games against voltage and it's fun to test against RSQ altho he usually kicks my ass lol. it's also fun to test against quziel because i love seeing the stuff he builds but what tends to happen is that i hax the shit out of him or he wipes the floor with me
Which is the better team, 2v2 or 3v3?
have u considered 1v1
Of the weather types, which is the most honorable?
if it ain't AVATAR i don't want to see it
Can you QC check Miasmaw?
in the time I have taken to answer this question the analysis has already been qc'd
all according to plan, by the way

as one of the major contributors to the ongoing smogoff cap (horse) project - including submitting the original concept - how do you feel it's going so far? how does it compare to real cap?
i think the project is going really well so far, the horsey is coming along quite nicely and my only hope is that we will be able to ride on it, or maybe be able to feed it some oats. as for how it compares to real CAP, if i'm being completely honest. CAP could stand to learn a lot from how smogoff is doing things

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
Hello spoopy

1) who are the top 3 players of oras/sm/ss in your opinion?
hello airwind

stresh in ss, i know less about sm but probably jordy, oras is still a real new meta but ill just say roxiee since he won the revival tour
2) favorite song and why
cant pick just one so here's a few in no order, my indecisiveness is showing again x_x
my little corner of the world - yo la tengo, everybody's talkin - harry nilsson, because i'm me - the avalanches, aguas de marco - antonio carlos jobim and elis regina, and anything by the velvet underground or the strokes
3) favorite spanish word
cereal

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Greetings Lord Spoopulus, many many questions are afoot, but here are those I have at hand.

How have you seen the CAP meta change/evolve during your tenure as an active player, and where would you like to see it go in the next 6 months, year, and beyond?

What aspects of CAP tours have you been enjoying, and what do you think could use improvement? If you could request any tour at all what would it be?

What are your current goals within the CAP community? Do you plan on branching out beyond it at any point?

When you and Lasen get married, will the wedding cake be a crepe covered in bagels or a bagel covered in crepes?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Thank you for coming to my bread talk.

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
Greetings Lord Spoopulus, many many questions are afoot, but here are those I have at hand.

How have you seen the CAP meta change/evolve during your tenure as an active player, and where would you like to see it go in the next 6 months, year, and beyond?
the short answer to this is just that the meta's a lot better lol. i really started playing in clef/pex/libra/tomo meta which was pretty bullshit and even ioa was fairly centralized, although it seemed to be getting better right at the end. i think the meta is in a fine place right now because of dlc2 but also there are just a lot better players in this community that have joined in the past year or so, and that influx of more skilled and dedicated players has been pretty crucial to pushing the meta in a good direction. i mostly just hope that as the cap meta grows so does its playerbase, and we can continue to get more skilled people who really enjoy playing this tier
What aspects of CAP tours have you been enjoying, and what do you think could use improvement? If you could request any tour at all what would it be?
the aspect that's most enjoyable for me is definitely being on an active team in cappl/snake draft. always having someone to prep/talk ideas/shoot the shit with is a ton of fun. i also feel like every tour i've been in so far has pushed me to improve as a player which is something i value a lot. even with individual tours, you're pretty much on your own and there's a lot to be said about that sort of environment too. idk about what tours to request though. any kind of serious tour is pretty much covered in the circuit, so anything i'd request would just be some fun bullshit tour like the rigged one that's coming up. i'm not creative enough to suggest any specific ideas but there's some fun possibilities out there for sure
What are your current goals within the CAP community? Do you plan on branching out beyond it at any point?
ooh well i suppose there are a few positions id like to hold at some point in the future but my main goal is probably just improving at the game, it would definitely be nice to compete at a higher level and i think branching out from cap is directly tied to that. most top players in this community are fairly active across multiple tiers and that seems like a pretty important way to improve. there are also so many cool people on this site, and it would be great to meet more of them and make some more connections. i've poked my head into tiers like pu, natdex, ru, etc before and they all seem really interesting but honestly learning a different tier is really difficult lol and cap can be especially demanding at times, so it's been tough for me to invest energy into broadening my horizons in any significant capacity. it's definitely something i'm interested in doing though, just gotta find the time and motivation
When you and Lasen get married, will the wedding cake be a crepe covered in bagels or a bagel covered in crepes?
the cake will be made by Wulfanator72 and unfortunately i've already told him not to include any crepes. but i suppose we'll have some at the reception because lasen will be mad at me if he doesn't get any
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 12.59.46 AM.png

Hello Spoo howdy doo

What approach/mindset do you use when building teams?
What's one buff/nerf you would want to make to a current CAP?
What's the best way that people could help contribute to the CAP meta/community?
What is the largest animal you could beat in a fight?
What is the highest BST Pokemon you could beat in a fight?
What is your favorite type of wood?

spoo

CAP Co-Leader
Hello Spoo howdy doo

What approach/mindset do you use when building teams?
i usually find a cool wincon or a core with cool synergy to start with and build out from there. from there i mostly just focus on trying to support the original core as best i can while not leaving glaring defensive holes that i have to patch up super hard in the last 1-2 slots. definitely not the most innovative teambuilding approach but it works alright
What's one buff/nerf you would want to make to a current CAP?
i don't think there's any cap that we should nerf right now but there are some really simple buffs id like to see happen. flame charge smoko would be pretty epic and it would be cool to see plasmanta have some more bulk as well
What's the best way that people could help contribute to the CAP meta/community?
honestly just post! this is obviously a very small community and it's mostly driven by a few people with a high level of activity, so any time i see a new face posting a lot i think it's really cool. we could definitely use more active posters here. and even if you're not confident that the posts are quality / good enough to share, this is def one of those things where the more you contribute the better you get at it, so just start sharing your opinion on stuff and try to support it with evidence or a good argument when you can
What is the largest animal you could beat in a fight?
i could probably beat a bear, if i really put my mind to it
What is the highest BST Pokemon you could beat in a fight?
aurumoth its just a fucking bug lol
What is your favorite type of wood?
cedar. or perhaps mahogany.

Now, we will be opening a community vote for who our next CAP PotW will be! First, we will hold a brief 48 hour nomination post. To do a nomination post, merely say you want a specific player (though only if they are comfortable with it), and give a few lines justifiying why you think that player deserves PotW. You may only nom one person.

Once our nominations are in, we will have a quick 24 hour voting period to see who gets the covetted spot. During these nomination and voting periods, you can still ask 2spoopy4u questions; but once the next player is selected, the question period will be over.

And with that, the nomination period begins! This period will be open for 48 hours!

The nomination period is now over! We have 4 nominations this week (Lasen got the double nom). To vote, please post your top three votes here.

Your choices for Cap Player of the Week are:

SHSP
Tadasuke
snake_rattler
Lasen

You guys have 24 hours to POST YOUR VOTES HERE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)