CAP 29 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Aslanhir

Aslan (Turkish for Lion or King of Beasts) + zehir (Turkish for Poison)

Pronounced: Ah-slawn-here

WIP 2

Portfoleo

Pretty simple, Portfolio + Leo for lion. Portfolio implies a range of different artworks, which I like for Color Change.

Pronounced: "port·fow·lee·oh"

Last edited:
WIP 1

Paletterror

Palette + terror. A palette is a surface on which a painter arranges and mixes paints, while terror goes with the dark type & chimeras/lions can be scary.

Pronounced: "pal·it·ter·er"

WIP 2

Paletterr

Similar to above but less letters, one less syllable, and might roll off the tongue better. The "err" may make one think of a "grr" growl as well.

Pronounced: "pal·it·ter"

WIP

Renaizion

A combination of "Renaissance" (extremely important period of art), "zion", and "lion"

Pronounced: "Ren-ay-zeye-on"

Zion (a religious word relating to a heavenly city) and Renaissance (art period that focused on humanism) can relate to how Color Change changes the type of art that CAP 29 is

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
WIP

Quimedro

Pronounced: qui-meh-dro

The inspiration for this name comes from the fact that the original artist was inspired by Pablo Picasso's cubist art, who was a Spanish painting. Thus, I decided to combined the Spanish words for chimera and painting, specifically the Quime- beginning and the -dro ending to create a more elegant name for what is most likely a mythical. The "meh" is pronounced the same as in the American pronunciation of Mary.

WIP

Novierans

Pronounced: nov/YEHR/ahns

A mix between the word Noveau which is a term meaning "new" (and the name of an art movement), Chimera, and Sans (regarding the way it's "without" a typing), with stylistic changes.

WIP (2/3)

Specthera

A combination of spectrum (as in the color spectrum) and panthera, the genus that lions belong to

Pronounced "speck-THERE-ra"

Last edited:

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I’m loving a lot of the more punny subs and would be happy with a ton of names posted already, but I’ll throw my own name in the mix because I’m competitive and love wordplay too.

WIP

Chromaticore

Fairly simple portmanteau of Chromatic + Manticore. I know the base design is more Chimera based, but I feel the two creatures are often enough substituted for one another and chimera is more likened to generic animal fusions nowadays. Plus Manticore just has a more threatening aura to it.

This will likely be what I end up tossing in. It’s also exactly 12 letters, which I think is the limit.

WIP

Corruportra

A combination of "Corrupt" / the "-core" in "Manticore" + "Portrait." Corrupt referencing both the initial typing and how its ability changes said typing

Pronounced: "CORE-uh-PORE-truh"
IPA: kɔrəˈpɔrtrə

(I'm fairly new to CAP submissions for this so suggestions are welcome!)

(WIP 1/3)

Protraion

Combonation of Proteger (Shield in Spanish) and Raion (ライオン, or Lion in Japanese.)

Pronounced:
pruh-TRY-un

(WIP 2/3)

Egypleo

Combonation of Egypt and Leo. That's it lol.

Pronounced:
EE-jip-lee-oh

Last edited:
WIP

Simbacasso

Simba (means "lion" in Swahili) combined with Picasso (as in Pablo Picasso, the artist).
Pronunciation: sim-buh-CAH-soh

WIP 3

Chimafiki

"Chim" stands for chimera, since chroma is paint in Greek "ma" is represented there. "fiki" comes from zografiki which is painting in greek, throw em together and we get Chimafiki.

Pronounced: kīˈməfikí / k-igh-muh-fE-key

WIP

Chimaster

"Chimaera" + "Masterpiece" + "Master" (because "Chimasterpiece" is too long legendary).

Pronounced "Kye-MAS-ster" or "Kye-MAH-ster" depending on your accent, I suppose.

WIP

Vantigogh

A combination of manticore (a mythical creature similar to a chimera) and Van Gogh (as in Vincent Van Gogh, one of the most influential oil painters who had a profound impact on abstract art of the 20th century)

Pronounced: van-tuh-goh

WIP

Mufastel

Essentially a portmanteau of Mufasa (meaning king in Swahili) and Pastel (A type of oil painting used in various artworks)

Pronounced moo-fuh-stel, although it can be pronounced moo-fah-stuhl depending on personal tastes.

Last edited:
WIP

(1/3)
Avant-Pard

Like avant-garde, plus -pard (panther in ancient Greek and Latin)

(2/3)
Huebroar

(hyoo-brohr)
Hue + Hubris + Roar. Very simple, and also trying to address the Dark type through hubris.

(3/3)
Oozymantivas

(oo-zi-man-ti-vuss)
Ooze + Manticore + Canvas + Ozymandias. A lot going on, and at the 12 character limit. I'm trying to lean into the Poison type here as it hasn't been getting much attention in the name suggestions. Also has a hubris theme through Ozymandias.

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
WIP (1/3)

Felidye

Felidae (taxon for cat family) and dye (color-changing substance)

Pronounced fee-lih-die

WIP (2/3)

Mufalicore

Mufasa (Swahili for king), malice, and manticore (Persian mythical lion-bodied creature)

Pronounced moo-fah-lih-cohr

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP (2/3)

Cougarfeit

Cougar + Counterfeit

Pronounced: "COO-gur-fit"

This is a Dark/Poison type after all, so I decided to try toying with the idea of painting-based malice or foul play: the counterfeit! Should it decide to enter such a nefarious enterprise, I can totally imagine this Pokémon assisting the fine art black market with its abilities.

WIP (2/3)

Cougarfeit

Cougar + Counterfeit

Pronounced: "COO-gur-fit"

This is a Dark/Poison type after all, so I decided to try toying with the idea of painting-based malice or foul play: the counterfeit! Should it decide to enter such a nefarious enterprise, I can totally imagine this Pokémon assisting the fine art black market with its abilities.
Good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)