Pokémon Smogoff Edition

the doipy analysis is up, check it out here everyone

and make it even more broken? no thanks
I have taken your feedback into consideration and have balanced my pokemon to be more accurate to the origin games. Thanks for your reading.

doipy hooves You should also throw in a sleep and poison immunity because Sweet Veil does the former and Pastel Veil does the latter.
Flower Veil renders you immune to all status but I may as well add them for consistency.

I have taken your feedback into consideration and have balanced my pokemon to be more accurate to the origin games. Thanks for your reading.
wait a sec... while you lowered the accuracy, you didnt remove the sand veil evasion. in fact I think you added on 2 new items, sea inscense and bright powder. those weren't there before...were they? (idk maybe im just going blind but im pretty sure that they weren't...) Nevertheless, I think the evasion should be at least nerfed. if you dont want to remove it entirely that's fine with me but an entire stage is too high. maybe like 10-15%?

wait a sec... while you lowered the accuracy, you didnt remove the sand veil evasion. in fact I think you added on 2 new items, sea inscense and bright powder. those weren't there before...were they? (idk maybe im just going blind but im pretty sure that they weren't...) Nevertheless, I think the evasion should be at least nerfed. if you dont want to remove it entirely that's fine with me but an entire stage is too high. maybe like 10-15%?
The Sand Veil part only boosts evasion in sand now which is basically the exact effects of the Sand Veil ability.
BrightPowder and Sea Incense were implied in the item name but I forgot to add them in at first.

EDIT: I don't want to make another short bump post so hopefully you read this at some point.
The perishtrap set should mention the fact that ghosts like ironmage and TheDraugr cannot be trapped by Whirlpool.
EDIT 2: Actually I will just make a profile post.

Last edited:
The Sand Veil part only boosts evasion in sand now which is basically the exact effects of the Sand Veil ability.
BrightPowder and Sea Incense were implied in the item name but I forgot to add them in at first.
I see, that makes more sense. I guess it could be counterplay to Colteor in that case. Will update the analysis tomorrow, probably. Maybe later today if I have time

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(This might actually be really disgustingly broken, which is sorta my gimmick, but I might tone it down a bit lmao. It fits the Mario + Wobbuffet theme though, which represents me pretty well considering my Uber origins and love of disgustingly broken but weird mons!)

Name: Theorymon

Typing:
/

Ultra Forme Typing:
/

Stats:
100 HP / 35 Atk / 100 Def / 35 SpA / 100 SpD / 35 Spe

Ultra Forme Stats: 100 HP / 135 Atk / 35 Def / 100 SpA / 35 SpD / 100 Spe

Signature Move: ( Power Up | 35 BP |
| Special | 100% Accuracy | The user restores 10% of their health, and boosts Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage.)

Move Description: The user eats a Fire Flower, increasing their offensive stats, restoring health, and letting lose a weak fireball.

Z-Move (only usable in Ultra forme, akin to Ultra Necrozma): (Malicious Maker's Manifest | 135 BP |
| Special | The user faints, but sets up the "Bowser" hazard, which deals 25% to every opposing Pokemon upon switch-in, regardless of their typing.)

Z-Move Description: Unleashing the power of millions of Little Timmy levels, thousands of Mario enemies rain upon the battlefield. The user faints, but leaves behind the dreaded Bowser.

Bowser hazard activation message: BWHAHAHAHA!

Signature Ability: Super Shadow Bros

Ability Description: Traps any Pokemon except other Pokemon with this ability.

Ultra Forme Signature Ability: Joyous Jump

Ultra Forme Ability Description: Two Turn Attacks (such as Bounce) are boosted by 3.5x.

Signature Item: Ultra Marium Z

Item Description: Allows Theorymon to Ultra Burst into Ultra Theorymon, and allows Ultra Theorymon to use its Z-move.

Set

Theorymon @ Ultra Marium Z
Jolly Nature
Ability: Super Shadow Bros
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Power Up
- Bounce
- Metal Burst
- King's Shield

Last edited:
I feel like this is a bit OP.

:ss/slowking-galar:
Name: SlowAndBruh
Typing: Poison/Psychic
Stats: 95/75/100/110/100/60 (BST: 550)
Signature Move: Unviable Set (None | Status | 100% | User and the opponent swap items and then the user switches out) (Type: Normal)
Move Description: This move swaps the items of you and your opponent's Pokemon, then you will switch out. It's basically just U-Turn + Trick, but it's a status move.
Signature Ability: Release the Bulbasaur
Ability Description: Every other turn, this Pokemon will turn into a Bulbasaur with the same set and stats as before. If SlowAndBruh is already a bulbasaur, the user switches out and turns back to normal.
Signature Item: Psionic Ball
Item Description: If SlowAndBruh is holding this item, its Psychic-type moves' power will be increased by 10%. If SlowAndBruh is a Bulbasaur, it increases the power of Poison-type moves instead.
Sets:
SlowAndBruh @ psionicball
Ability: releasethebulbasaur
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick Room
- unviableset
Your basic special sweeper set with Unviable Set. You can try to trick your opponents with Unviable Set and giving them your Psionic Ball which won't do anything for them, and then try to sweep if you get lucky enough.
SlowAndBruh @ Choice Specs
Ability: releasethebulbasaur
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Expanding Force
- Sludge Wave
- unviableset
Here's another set with Calm Mind. You are gonna need to set up a Psychic Terrain for Expanding Force to be a bit more useful, but even with that I think that this SlowAndBruh set will be more used.

SlowAndBruh: I think it really needs a set buff. The bulk is above average, and it has a good Sp. Atk. However, although these may look good on paper, it is totally walled by the three steel types we have. It needs to have Fire coverage! Additionally, the "Trick" component of Unviable Set fails for mons with Z-moves, which are fairly common. It makes for a good pivot, though. The signature ability is a bit...odd, losing STAB to Slow's Psychic moves and becoming a weaker typing overall. It would be better off simply with Regenerator. But it is able to survive hits from wallbreakers such as Goldens, doipys, offensive Albas even with the female Casanova, offensive Colteor, and Lorb-only (heathly) xzern. However, it is OHKOed by adamantazu, Mace, fully boosted xzern, and Theorymon.
I won't be analyzing TheDraugr's sub (which was sent as I was finishing this post up) because I don't think it's serious. I do think the Procrastinate ability has potential, though.
i'll probably put fire type moves on my sets and nerf unviable set a bit, and i'll also switch in release the bulbasaur for something else.

i'll probably put fire type moves on my sets and nerf unviable set a bit, and i'll also switch in release the bulbasaur for something else.
Unviable set is fine. It needs only buffs, not nerfs. also maybe add a bulky black sludge set, that works well w/ unviable set

Last edited:
I made some mini sets for each reaction if you're interested in representing them as a part of smogoff. If not that's fine.

:rs/bellsprout:
Stats: Victreebel stats
Wow (Bellsprout) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rattled
- Wow (grass type fake out that inflicts sleep)
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap

:bw/mankey:
stats: Primeape stats
Angry (Mankey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Anger Point
Happiness: 0
- Curse
- Frustration 2 (fighting type frustration)
- Lash Out
- Outrage

:dp/luvdisc:
stats: Alomomola stats
Like (Luvdisc) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
- Heart Stamp
- Sweet Kiss
- Like (Z-Celebrate effect)
- Baton Pass

:rb/koffing:
stats: Galarian Weezing stats
Haha (Koffing) @ Eviolite
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Magic Room
- Haha (snessy's move)

:bw/azurill:
stats: adamantazu stats
Sad (Azurill) @ Eviolite
Ability: Wimp Out
Happiness: 0
- Real Tearful Look (-2 to all target stats)
- Uproar
- Frustration
- Rest

:bw/alomomola:
stats: +60 HP
Love (Alomomola) @ Destiny Knot (EDIT: buffed to make attract work on everything)
Ability: Cute Charm
- Attract
- Captivate
- Charm
- Heart Stamp

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Png.png
Name: Aaronboyer
Typing: Ice / Flying
Stats: 65 / 95 / 65 / 95 / 65 / 95 (+20 HP / +40 Atk / +20 Def / +30 SpA / +20 SpD / +20 Spe) BST: 480
Signature Move:
Frozen Flap (25 BP / Flying / Special / 95% Accuracy / 20 PP) (Contact)
Move Description: If the user's Attack stat is higher than its Special Attack stat, Frozen Flap becomes a physical move. Otherwise, it remains a special move. During the execution of Frozen Flap, all ignorable abilities are ignored. Frozen Flap inflicts damage, hitting the target 2-5 times per use. There is a 37.5% chance that it will hit 2 times, a 37.5% chance that it will hit 3 times, a 12.5% chance that it will hit 4 times, and a 12.5% chance that it will hit 5 times. Despite being a Flying-type move, the damage dealt is actually a combination of Flying- and Ice-type, and thus its effectiveness against a given Pokemon differs from other Flying-type moves. However, for all other purposes, it is a Flying-type move.
Signature Ability: Christmas Spirit
Ability Description: Christmas Spirit summons a hailstorm in battle as soon as a Pokémon with Christmas Spirit enters the battle. This hailstorm can be extended from 5 turns to 8 turns if holding an Icy Rock. During hail, the accuracy of any move used against a Pokémon with this Ability is modified by a factor of 4/5.
Signature Item: n/a
Sets:
Delibird @ Normalium-Z
Ability: Christmas Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Frozen Flap
- Seed Bomb / Brick Break
- Ice Shard

Delibird @ Kings Rock
Ability: Christmas Spirit
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Frozen Flap
- Mud-Slap
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Alright, I’m in class right now, but I feel like I have to say something. If you do not have more than 5 reactions from your messages in Smogoff, or not have more than 5 messages, you cannot submit your Pokémon here. I’m saying this because I want people to know that this is not a place where you can just sub yourself without having any interaction with the Smogoff community. This is a project for Smogoff for a reason. I’ll probably be back in like a few hours, and say more things about the thread, but that’s all I had to say rn. Bye!

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
kind of confused by this...

what does this mean? eg. is Reinforced Steel ignored?

doesn't snow warning...already do that? plus there arent any snow warning subs yet
first one is a categories of abilities such as Fur Coat and Lightning Rod that can be ignored; second one was a typo

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
reserved...?!

bisharp.png

Name: Total Clefairy
Typing:
1620058643525.png
1620058774639.png

Stats: 65/130/100/60/70/105 (BST: 530)
Signature Move: Sore Knee |
1620058680640.png
| Status | 15 PP
Move Description: Turn 1 - charge; Turn 2: raise Attack & Speed by 3 stages
Signature Ability: Top Shagger
Ability Description: This Pokémon can successfully inflict the Infatuated status on any opponent, regardless of gender
Signature Item:
89px-Dream_Heart_Scale_Sprite.png
Likedisc
Item Description: When held by Total Clefairy, enables them to transform into Superlike Forme (tl;dr: mega evolution)

SUPERLIKE FORME!!!!!!!!!.png

Name: Total Clefairy (Superlike Forme)
Typing:
1620059457002.png
1620059429524.png

Stats: 65/160/110/80/90/125 (BST: 630)
Signature Ability: Damaged
Ability Description: 19 years (last Thursday) of living in a society have driven this Pokémon off the rails... woah.!! On switch-in, they gain +1 Attack and Speed, at the cost of -1 Defence and Special Defence.

SUPERLIKE FORME!!!!!!!!!.png

Sets

Attract Trapper/Pivot
Total Clefairy @ Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
Ability: Top Shagger
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Mean Look
- Attract
- Flip Turn
- Milk Drink

Set-Up Sweeper
Total Clefairy @ Power Herb
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Ability: Top Shagger
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Sore Knee
- Liquidation
- Iron Head
- High Horsepower/Aqua Jet/Attract

Wallbreaker
Total Clefairy @ Likedisc
Jolly/Adamant Nature
Ability: Top Shagger ---> Damaged
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- High Horsepower
- Aqua Jet/Flip Turn/Milk Drink

Other moves known: Stomping Tantrum, Strength (was going to add Close Combat but reckoned that might be a bit much? feedback welcome)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)