Pet Mod Brokenmons Unchained Mk II

:delibird:The stats are close to double the original's (45/55/45/65/45/75 [330 BST] • 2 = 90/110/90/130/90/150 [660 BST]). Currently, the only plausible counter is Accelerock. Use the doubled value of a mon's base stat as the cap on each value for each mon with BST≤350. The council agrees it is currently too powerful.
:mamoswine:Lacks flavor. Regardless, it qualifies as broken. √
:amaura:Broken √
Present: Togekiss and Blissey both have access to this move as well, and they currently have Serene Grace. That would be 50% chances of the effects, which is beyond broken even considering their dismal Attack stat values. Spamming this at 120 base power and an attack stat of 130– with STAB for Delibird on top of that– with a chance to inflict both volatile status and non-volatile status– not to mention the chance that it might heal– adding a tertiary effect chance to the move. You must nerf this by modifying either its current effects or its yet-unaddressed aspects (such as Acc., PP, crash damage, recoil, stat drop, etc.).
Ice Body: Broken √
Hmm, you bring up some good points. Would decreasing Delibird‘s stats to 75/105/80/120/80/135 be fine? It’s still quite powerful, but now it’s actually revenge killable and is a good dealer frailer now.

As for Present, I changed it to be exclusive to Delibird and for it to be a clone of Hex. If you need anything else, or if I screwed up somewhere else, let me know. Also, everything else about Present, such as PP and accuracy, are the same as before.

Last edited:
Hmm, you bring up some good points. Would decreasing Delibird‘s stats to 75/105/80/120/80/135 be fine? It’s still quite powerful, but now it’s actually revenge killable and is a good dealer frailer now.

As for Present, I changed it to be exclusive to Delibird and for it to be a clone of Hex. If you need anything else, or if I screwed up somewhere else, let me know. Also, everything else about Present, such as PP and accuracy, are the same as before.
That's perfect! Broken offense, vulnerable defenses. A decently bulky glass cannon, not as vulnerable as Pheromosa but not as powerful either. √

Made so Levitate prevent freezing in addition to prevent any Speed reducing mechanic, removed Intimidate from Cryogonal, give Hydro Pump a borked chance effect but only if used by Ice-type Pokémon, made Snow Cloak having old and new effect combined, and removed Thunder changes.

Would those do it?
Yeah, those changes are enough. Since now, everything of yours are related to Ice, and being broken enough.

Made so Levitate prevent freezing in addition to prevent any Speed reducing mechanic, removed Intimidate from Cryogonal, give Hydro Pump a borked chance effect but only if used by Ice-type Pokémon, made Snow Cloak having old and new effect combined, and removed Thunder changes.

Would those do it?
Yeah, those changes are enough. Since now, everything of yours are related to Ice, and being broken enough.
Yep! These changes are broken and legal for the slate! √
One comment about Levitate preventing Freeze, though: It doesn't really help Cryogonal since it's already immune to freeze due to the Ice Type's mechanics, but all the Dragon-type levitators thank you!

As a general note to everyone proposing a change to Cryogonal:
Why didn't anyone propose giving it a gender? It's still not able to use Attract successfully! :psysly:

Changed my Machop’s move additions and make Arctovish a bit stronger, sorry for the one-liner, but thanks for the help!
:arctovish:Dracovish is barely Uber, and this is far from it. What broke Dracovish had to do with Strong Jaw boosting a usually-high-powered Water-type attack (not commonly countered, since a majority of Pokémon with Ability-based Water immunity would already resist or take neutral damage from Water, and often had better alternative Abilities) paired with Choice Scarf. The reason that Choice Band with Sand Rush doesn't break Dracozolt is how Electric has common counters, and its defenses are lower. What you've done is boost its Special Attack (which Dracovish never had practical use for) and given it weather-abusive Abilities that actually put it at higher risk (Thunder is guaranteed to hit in rain, and I expect it will eventually break as well in this pet mod).
:abomasnow-mega:Removed Soundproof instead of just adding Slush Rush? That's a little odd, don't you think? I guess it helps some of the Avalanche flavor… Other than that, this is brokenough. √
:abomasite:Splendid take on added effects! It helps that this would also have these effects for (unbroken) Abomasnow-Mega after mega-evolving in battle! √
:machop:Technician was already buffed: "Moves with ≤75 bp have 1.5x power" …so currently most punch moves get 112 base power. And before you ask, Iron Fist multiplies Punch move power by 1.6, so that's another option. Last I checked, the boost from Technician applies after all other boosts (and doesn't stack), which is why there is a difference between boosting a move's base power, boosting an attack's damage calculation, calculation of HP value, and boosting a Pokémon's attacking stat. I suppose you thought the boost repeated until the base power exceeded 60? Well, it unfortunately doesn't, or else several Pokémon would be Uber-tier. That said, you can suggest that mechanic in another slate. For now, however, moves like Brick Break, Rock Slide, Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch, and certain moves executed through Mimic or Metronome all get 112 base power with Technician. That's a lot of damage! I'm not saying you should nerf anything, but you might want to review what has already been broken before declaring this broken. As it currently stands, it is not disqualified.

Just for everyone's information, the council is trying to make a decision about the voting process.
There was a hole in the logic of the process so we're currently trying to mend it before we proceed with the voting phase.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Just an announcement for you guys: the next slate's theme will be Free for All! I'm sure I don't have to tell you what this means...

We're still finalizing the voting procedures and submission synopsis, stay tuned!

A note about voting:
Simply put, most things will get voted on individually.

If you have a problem with this, please, by all means, REFUTE MY LOGIC!
If you can find the hole in it, I would appreciate you pointing it out, because I really want to be reasonable and concise, but the logic I used is anything but concise and I'm not sure if it's totally reasonable. I have a feeling there's a hole in it somewhere, but the other council members are too busy to spot it and I've looked at it so much I've practically brainwashed myself. If you want a free chance to join the council, feel free to DM me a refutation of my logic (don't clog the thread).
Let's say you really like two Pokémon entries, but they're both Sudowoodo.
In this scenario, you may vote for both entries. However, you must assign the same ballot value to both of them if you choose to do so.
This way, there is an increased chance for Sudowoodo to be broken, but no distinction favoring either version of Sudowoodo.
If this were to end in a tie between the two Sudowoodo entries, the council will come up with a method to break the tie.

Let's say you really like three Buffed Ability entries, but they're all Water Absorb.
In this scenario, you may vote for two or all three entries. However, you must equally distribute their ballot value among the ones you choose to vote for. (If you want to vote for all three, then the maximum ballot value each can receive is 1; if voting for two, the maximum is 2)
A three-way tie would be broken in the same manner as a two-way tie.
REMINDER: All users are allotted 10 points for voting on each New and Buffed M/I/A set.
POKÉMON
First Place (3 points) – shadowpeashooter's Camerupt-Mega
Second Place (2 points each) – Lapzaplerq's Sudowoodo, OPStellar's Sudowoodo
Third Place (1 point each) – shadowpeashooter's Ursaring, OPStellar's Pancham, Lapzaplerq's Oricorio-Sensu
Buffed ABILITIES
Sand Rush (shadowpeashooter) – 2 points
Sand Rush (OPStellar) – 2 pionts
Water Absorb (OPStellar) – 1 point
Water Absorb (shadowpeashooter) – 1 point
Water Absorb (Lapzaplerq) – 1 point
Flame Body (Lapzaplerq) – 2 points
Pickpocket (shadowpeashooter) – 1 point

I could also dedicate 3 points to Lapzaplerq's Flame Body if I nix shadowpeashooter's Pickpocket.
It should be noted that altering a move's distribution counts as altering it.
Added M/I/A entries are always bundled with Buffed Pokémon entries, but New/Buffed M/I/A are voted on separately from Pokémon and Added M/I/A unless they are specifically tied to a particular species or other New/Buffed M/I/A. The only exception to this is when New/Buffed M/I/A has the potential to alter its affiliated Pokémon's forme or the effects of other M/I/A.

For example:
Hunger Switch (Ability) causes Aura Wheel (Move) to change its Type in accordance with the active forme of Morpeko (species). (Ability triggers forme changes, which triggers Move Type change.)
King's Shield (Move) causes Aegislash (species) to change forme as long as its Ability is Stance Change. (Move triggers forme change because of Ability.)
Relic Song (Move) always causes Meloetta (species) to change forme. (Move triggers forme change because of species.)
Ultranecrozmium-Z (Item) allows Necrozma-Dawn-Wings or Necrozma-Dusk-Mane (species) to use Light That Burns the Sky (Move), using which forces either of the Necrozma forms to become Necrozma-Ultra (forme). (Item triggers Move effect change because of species' form, Move changes species' forme because of Item's effect.)
Rayquaza (species) can only become Mega Rayquaza (forme) if it has access to Dragon Ascent (Move). (Species can change forme because of Move; no effects involved.)

Remove one factor from any of these scenarios and it breaks the forme-changing function.
Therefore, if a winning Pokémon entry's New Move or New Ability does not win, then the New Move or New Ability is not obtained by the species.

(A brief note on the difference between 'forms' and 'formes': The way I understand it, 'forms' are obtainable outside of battle, while 'formes' can only be observed during battles.)

This way, if a New Move is distributed among several Pokémon species, it can be applied to those species regardless of whether its affiliated Pokémon entry wins. Likewise, if a Buffed Move or Buffed Ability wins, it will be universally accessible to all Pokémon that can access it.
There's good reason for the tedious process of voting, and that is so more people can win. All Pokémon will be broken in a collective effort rather than just by individuals.

If you want to break something further, there must be an intermittent slate before further brokening will be considered.

Last edited:
DISQUALIFIED (did not revise before deadline):
Because The Main Mon did not alter the effects of Pressure to become relevant to Ice, that specific Buffed Ability entry is disqualified.

The Buffed Ability entry for Ice Body qualifies. Same goes for the Buffed Item entry for Ice Gem.
However, if either of those win, then the voters will need to explain their interpretation of it so that I understand how I ought to code it (because if it wins and The Main Mon's intent does not match the voters' interpretations, then that disappoint or aggravate for those who will have voted for it).

SYNOPSIS

Ice MONS:
Give 3 points to one entry, 2 points to each of two other entires, and 1 point to each of 3 more entries. For entries featuring the same species, votes MUST be split equally between desired entries for that species.
See the OP for details on bonus votes.
TheUltraFinder
:arctovish:
90/90/100/90/95/75 (530 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Strong Jaw | Slush Rush
Added Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Sheer Cold, Reflect, Light Screen

TheUltraFinder
:abomasnow-mega:
90/132/105/132/105/45 (609 BST)
Abilities: Snow Warning / Snow Warning | Slush Rush
Added Moves: Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Icicle Crash, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw

I-Deepblue-I
:walrein:
100/135/115/100/85/65
Abilities: Thick Fat / Sheer Force | Oblivious
Added Move: Icicle Crash

SlowAndBruh
:snom:
90/100/115/110/85/100 (600 BST)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Ice Scales | Cursed Body
Added Moves: Outrage, Fusion Flare, V-Create, Clangorous Soul, Dynamax Cannon, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Rest, Baton Pass, Toxic, Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush

SlowAndBruh
:mr. rime:
100/125/95/100/115/65 (600 BST)
Abilities: Snow Warning / Download | Ice Body
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Night Slash, Air Slash, Overheat

Lapzaplerq
:abomasnow-mega:
100/75/200/75/100/50 (600 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body | Huge Power
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Stone Edge, Superpower, Wild Charge

Lapzaplerq
:castform-snowy:
100/100/100/75/100/125 (600 BST)
Abilities: Dry Skin / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Liquidation, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt

Lapzaplerq
:floette-blue:
100/100/100/150/100/50 (600 BST)
Abilities: Flower Veil | Serene Grace
Added Moves: Agility, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Storm, Toxic Spikes

Lapzaplerq
:froslass:
100/100/50/125/75/150 (600 BST)
Abilities: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added Moves: Flash Cannon, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Swords Dance

Lapzaplerq
:ninetales-alola:
100/75/100/100/100/125 (600 BST)
Abilities: Liquid Voice / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Earth Power, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria

Lapzaplerq
:regice:
100/75/100/75/200/50 (600 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body | Pure Power
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Recover, Sheer Cold, Swords Dance

Lapzaplerq
:sawsbuck-winter:
100/150/100/100/100/50 (600 BST)
Abilities: Flower Veil | Serene Grace
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Heal Bell, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Blade, Spikes

Lapzaplerq
:weavile:
100/125/75/100/50/150 (600 BST)
Abiloties: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added moves: Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Stone Edge, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp

Samtendo09
:cryogonal:
80/70/90/120/135/105 (600 BST)
Abilities: Levitate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Calm Mind, Surf, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Aurora Veil

Samtendo09
:glaceon:
100/50/140/130/115/65 (600 BST)
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Adaptability | Ice Body
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Moonblast

iceblazer
:delibird:
75/105/80/120/80/135 (595 BST)
Abilities: Tough Claws, Hustle, Snow Warning
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Focus Blast, Taunt, Knock Off

iceblazer
:mamoswine:
110/140/90/100/90/110 (640 BST)
Abilities: Thick Fat / Chilling Neigh | Dazzling
Added Moves: Rock Polish, Close Combat, U-turn

iceblazer
:amaura:
125/90/110/120/135/75 (655 BST)
Abilities: Pressure / Ice Body | Solid Rock
Added Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Slack Off, Earthquake, Thunder, Knock Off, Icicle Crash

shadowpeashooter
:dewgong:
90/75/90/138/95/112 (600 BST)
Abilities: Oblivious / Swift Swim | Huge Power
Added Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough, Fairy Wind, Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Freeze-Dry, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Megahorn, Stone Edge, High Horsepower, Thunder Shock, Baby-Doll Eyes, Amnesia, Charm, Decorate, Sweet Kiss, Magic Powder, Icy Wind

ChoiceScarfed
80/50/70/130/135/105
Abilities: Levitate / Absolute Zero | Magic Bounce
Added Moves: Nasty Plot

The Main Mon
:kyurem:
130/90/100/130/100/100 (650 BST)
Abilities: Pressure / Snow Warning | Ice Body
(No moves were added)

Ice M/I/A:
10 votes per category, maximum 3 to any single entry.
shadowpeashooter
Icicle Crash: +10 BP = 95 BP; 100% accuracy

Samtendo09
Aurora Veil: For 5 turns, damage to allies is halved, and allies take no damage from Hail. This move fails unless Hail is active. This move will fail if its user is holding a Utility Umbrella or an active Pokémon's Ability is either Cloud 9 or Air Lock.

Samtendo09
Hydro Pump: 85% accurate. If used by a Pokémon with Ice-type, this move has a 30% chance to lower a target’s Speed by 2 stages.

Samtendo09
Blizzard: +15% accuracy = 80% acc.

The Main Mon
Glaciate: it reduces the speed of the opponent by one, it is also super effective against water types. it has a 30% chance to freeze, with that chance doubled against water types. | 70bp, 100% acc., 10-16pp
Lapzaplerq
:rawst-berry:Ice Berry (existed in Gen 2 only): Restores 75% max HP at 1/2 max HP or less; freezes holder if not an Ice type. Single use.

Lapzaplerq
:never-melt-ice:Never-Melt Ice: Holder's Ice-type attacks deal 1.1× damage, and it heals 1/10 of its maximum HP after using an Ice-type attack.

Lapzaplerq
:snowball:Snowball: Holder's Ice-type attacks deal 1.6× damage, but it loses 1/10 of its maximum HP after the attack.

TheUltraFinder
:abomasite:Abomasite (bonus effect): When held by an Ice Pokémon, the holder's Ice, Ghost, and Grass attacks have 1.2× power while Hail is active.

The Main Mon
:ice gem:Ice Gem: It boost the damage and the freeze chance of the first Ice type move by 50%. it is consumed after that move is used.
iceblazer
Ice Body: If Hail is active, this Pokémon's Defense is multiplied by 1.5.

Samtendo09
Snow Cloak - If Hail is active, this Pokemon's evasiveness is multiplied by 1.25 and it receives 2/3 damage from super-effective attacks. This Pokemon takes no damage from Hail.

Samtendo09
Ice Body - If Hail is active, this Pokemon restores 1/8 of its maximum HP, rounded down, at the end of each turn. This Pokemon takes no damage from Hail.

Samtendo09
Levitate - This Pokemon is immune to Ground-type attacks and the effects of Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web, and the Arena Trap Ability. This Pokémon cannot be frozen. The effects of Gravity, Ingrain, Smack Down, Thousand Arrows, and Iron Ball nullify both immunities. If this Pokemon has a non-volatile status condition, its Speed is multiplied by 1.5; the Speed drop from paralysis is ignored.

The Main Mon
Ice Body: Reduces damage from Ice attacks by 1/2 and is healed by half. also is healed by 1/8 hp from Hail.
Lapzaplerq
Gospel
120 bp, 5-8 pp, 100% acc.
Secondary Effect(s): Sound-based. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness, but does not factor Dark's immunity. Bypasses Substitute, but does not break it.
Distribution: Floette-Blue, Froslass, Ninetales-Alola, Regice

Lapzaplerq
Sacred Ice
Secondary Effect(s): Makes contact. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness, but does not factor Dark's immunity.
Distribution: Abomasnow-Mega, Castform-Snowy, Sawsbuck-Winter, Weavile

iceblazer (Since the entry for Present was so drastically different, it will count as a New Move instead. On the upside, this increases the likelihood that it will get implemented!)
Iceblazer
65 bp, 15-24 pp, 90% acc.
Effect: Damage doubles against a target with a non-volatile status condition.
Distribution: Delibird
N/A
ChoiceScarfed
Absolute Zero - The Ice type has no weaknesses and is resisted by no types.
Distribution: Cryogonal (as Hidden Ability)

MACHOP MINISLATE
Anyone can vote, but each may only vote for one of the two entrants.

:swsh/machop:
Unnegotiable traits (stuff held in common between the two subs):
SpA = 60
Ability: Guts
Added Move: Mach Punch
TheUltraFinder
Stats: 80/110/95/__/95/95 (535 BST)
Abilities: No Guard + Technician
Added Moves: Breaking Swipe, Dragon Tail

ChoiceScarfed
Stats: 70/100/100/__/90/80 (500 BST)
Abilities: Huge Power + Heavy Lifter*
Added Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw

New Ability (bundled with ChoiceScarfed's Machop):
Heavy Lifter: If this Pokémon's attack makes contact with another Pokémon, the target's trainer is forced to switch out the affected Pokémon with a chosen ally.
This effect occurs before the effects of moves or items that force other Pokémon to switch out. Pokémon with the Suction Cups Ability will not be forced to switch. If this Pokémon's attack has a secondary effect and it makes contact with a Pokémon whose Ability is Sheer Force, the effects of this Ability are not triggered.

Last edited:

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
My Dewgong, ChoiceScarfed's Cryogonal, Lapzaplerq's Floetter-Blue, SlowAndBruh's Mr. Rime

Samtendo's Hydro Pump, TheUltraFinder's Abomasite, Lapzaplerq's Snowball

Keep in mind if you vote for a Pokemon all M/I/A submissions attatched to it will be automatically added!

Just so everyone knows, the reason I've not made entries or voted until now is not just about my role as a tiebreaker, but also because I don't want to dominate the pet mod. If the managers are the only ones voting, it's not much of a community effort.

However, since nobody has voted in a whole week, I'm going to make an exception so you understand the formatting for voting a little better, perhaps.

My votes:
ICE mons:
  1. Samtendo09's Glaceon (3 points)
  2. I-Deepblue-I's Walrein, iceblazer's Mamoswine (2 points each)
  3. ChoiceScarfed's Cryogonal, Lapzaplerq's Castform-Snowy, iceblazer's Amaura (1 point each)

ICE M/I/A:
Buffed Moves:​
  1. Samtendo09's Hydro Pump, shadowpeashooter's Icicle Crash (3 points each)
  2. Samtendo09's Blizzard, Samtendo09's Aurora Veil (2 points each)
Buffed Items:​
  1. TheUltraFinder's Abomasite (3 points)
  2. The Main Mon's Ice Gem, Lapzaplerq's Ice Berry, Lapzaplerq's Never-Melt Ice (2 points each)
  3. Lapzaplerq's Snowball (1 point)
Buffed Abilities:​
  1. Samtendo09's Snow Cloak (3 points)
  2. iceblazer's Ice Body (2 points)
New Moves:​
  1. iceblazer's Ice Blazer (3 points), Lapzaplerq's Sacred Ice (3 points each)
  2. Lapzaplerq's Gospel (2 points)
New Items:
New Abilities:​
  1. ChoiceScarfed's Absolute Zero (3 points)

Machop (1 vote only): TheUltraFinder

I'm not declaring winners until at least two other users vote.

My Votes
Ice Pokemon
First Place (3 points) – Lapzaplerq's Alolan Ninetales
Second Place (2 points each) – The Main Mon's Kyurem, Lapzaplerq's Regice
Third Place (1 point each) – Lapzaplerq's Mega Abomasnow, Lapzaplerq's Castform-Snowy, Lapzaplerq's Weavile
Ice M/I/A
Buffed Moves:
3 Points - The Main Mon's Glaciate, Samtendo09's Aurora Veil (2 points each)
2 points - Samtendo09's Hydro Pump, shadowpeashooter's Icicle Crash
Buffed Abilities:
3 points - iceblazer's Ice Body
2 points- Samtendo09's Snow Cloak
Buffed Items:
3 points - TheUltraFinder's Abomasite
2 points - The Main Mon's Ice Gem, Lapzaplerq's Ice Berry, Lapzaplerq's Never-Melt Ice
1 point - Lapzaplerq's Snowball
New Moves:
3 points - Lapzaplerq' Gospel
2 Points - Lapzaplerq Sacred Ice, iceblazer's Iceblazer
Machop: ChoiceScarfed

I'll get to this soon. I have been doing graduate school, and haven't had time to check. Also, I need to adjust my email notifications to alert me.

Edit:
All right, that's one down. One more voter needed!

Last edited:
My Votes
Ice Pokemon
Third Place (1 point each) – Lapzaplerq's Mega Abomasnow, Lapzaplerq's Castform-Snowy, Lapzaplerq's Weavile
Ice M/I/A
Buffed Moves:
Buffed Abilities:
Buffed Items:
2 points - The Main Mon's Ice Gem, Lapzaplerq's Never-Melt Ice
New Moves:
3 points-iceblazer's Iceblazer
Machop:TheUltraFinder
Absolute Zero:Yes
Changed my votes to remove Ice Berry,bump Iceblazer up to first and remove the other two,and say yes to Absolute Zero

Last edited:

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Mons
1st: Scarf's Cryogonal
2nd: My Dewgong, Low-Key's (formerly SlowAndBruh) Rime
3rd: Lapzaplerq's Floette-Blue, iceblazer's Delibird, iceblazer's Amaura

Buffed Moves:
1. Sam's Hydropump, Sam's Blizzard
2. My Icicle Crash

Abilities:
1. iceblazer's Ice Body
2. iceblazer's Snow Cloak

New moves:
1. iceblazer's Ice Blazer
2. Lapzaplerq's Sacred Ice, Lapzaplerq's Godpel

New abilities:
1. Scarf's Absolute Zero

Machop: ChoiceScarfed

My Votes
Ice Pokemon
Ice M/I/A
Buffed Moves:
Buffed Abilities:
Buffed Items:
2 points - The Main Mon's Ice Gem, Lapzaplerq's Ice Berry, Lapzaplerq's Never-Melt Ice
New Moves:
3 points - Lapzaplerq' Gospel
2 Points - Lapzaplerq Sacred Ice, iceblazer's Iceblazer
Machop:TheUltraFinder
Not gonna let this die before I can participate in it!
You just… copied Main Mon's votes verbatim– except the one for Machop?
I should discuss with the council whether vote-copying is permissible going forward, but we need to move on for now, so I'll count it.

Last edited:
Ice Pokémon:
Lapzaplerq's Alolan Ninetales: 3 + 3 = 6
The Main Mon's Kyurem: 2 + 2 = 4
ChoiceScarfed's Cryogonal: 3 + 1 = 4
Lapzaplerq's Regice: 2 + 2 = 4
Lapzaplerq's Castform-Snowy: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Samtendo09's Glaceon: 3
Lapzaplerq's Mega Abomasnow: 1 + 1 = 2
Lapzaplerq's Weavile: 1 + 1 = 2
iceblazer's Amaura: 1 + 1 = 2
Low-Key's Mr. Rime: 2
I-Deepblue-I's Walrein: 2
iceblazer's Mamoswine: 2
shadowpeashooter's Dewgong: 2
Lapzaplerq's Floette-Blue: 1
iceblazer's Delibird: 1

Ice M/I/A
Buffed Moves:
Samtendo09's Hydro Pump: 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 10
shadowpeashooter's Icicle Crash: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 9
Samtendo09's Aurora Veil: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8
The Main Mon's Glaciate: 3 + 3 = 6
Samtendo09's Blizzard: 3 + 2 = 5

Buffed Abilities:
iceblazer's Ice Body: 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 11
Samtendo09's Snow Cloak: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 9

Buffed Items:
TheUltraFinder's Abomasite: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9
Lapzaplerq's Never-Melt Ice: 2 + 2 + 2 = 6
The Main Mon's Ice Gem: 2 + 2 + 2 = 6
Lapzaplerq's Ice Berry: 2 + 0 + 2 = 4
Lapzaplerq's Snowball: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

New Moves:
iceblazer's Iceblazer: 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 11
Lapzaplerq' Gospel: 3 + 0 + 2 + 2 = 7
Lapzaplerq Sacred Ice: 2 + 0 + 2 + 3 = 7

New Abilities:
ChoiceScarfed's Absolute Zero:
'Yes' votes: 3
'No' votes: 1

Machop:
TheUltraFinder: 3
ChoiceScarfed: 2

Considering the number of ties, we'll either need Cratersmash to revise their votes or for another user to submit votes.
Edit: I can now announce the winners. It's just been so long that I've forgotten what method was agreed upon for deciding which entries won.
I'll get a post up sometime over Thxgvg break.

Last edited:
A note about voting
Quick public self-refutation:

I didn't outline the process for what constitutes a win for a breakage, or any way to express disagreement with a breakage candidate.
That said, here's how it'll run now:
  1. If you have qualms about either this method or the one below it, DM me (or another member of the BU Council) with a better idea; even if it's just a sketch, I want to consider all input.
  2. The candidates that score above the average vote total for each category (not factoring the candidates that receive no votes) are declared winners and will be implemented.
  3. If less than half of the total number of voted-for candidates in a category actually win, then those that equaled or fell under the averaged value may also win.
  4. Candidates that got no votes will not win, no matter what. Any whose votes have a positive value can still win (but a negative overall value for a candidate cannot), assuming they qualify for #3.
The absolute value of downvotes comes from the same ballot budget as upvotes; a vote of -3 points uses the same absolute value as a vote of +3 points. The purpose of downvotes is to give users a chance to prevent a specific breakage from winning. One way to illustrate it would be like, "Who are you voting for?" "Not X! I'll take anyone over that candidate."
There is a caveat to this, though; each downvote must include a criticism (in a hidden/spoiler box), composed of as many sentences as (no more and no less than) the absolute value of the downvote itself. Thus a downvote of -3 will require 3 sentences explaining why the given breakage is not a good idea to implement. Any greater or fewer than the specified amount will negate the absolute value of the downvote, making it an upvote with futile criticism. (This is to prevent manipulative suppression of votes, as well as to discourage troll/bully behavior.)
Every ballot must have at least 1 upvote, but a downvote may be applied if a category has no alternative candidates.
Lastly, one may not both demote another candidate and cast a self-vote within the same subcategory. This would give considerably unfair advantage.

Sorry for another delay, but I've almost completed the semester and I should have gone to sleep several hours ago. We'll have our winning Ice slate candidates announced within the first week of December, I can ascertain that much!

It's Time to BREAK the ICE (type)!
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
I guaranteed I'd have it the first week of December, didn't I?

Ice Pokémon:

Lapzaplerq
:ninetales-alola:
100/75/100/100/100/125 (600 BST)
Abilities: Liquid Voice / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Earth Power, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria

The Main Mon
:kyurem:
130/90/100/130/100/100 (650 BST)
Abilities: Pressure / Snow Warning | Ice Body

ChoiceScarfed
80/50/70/130/135/105
Abilities: Levitate / Magic Bounce | Absolute Zero
Added Moves: Nasty Plot

Lapzaplerq
:regice:
100/75/100/75/200/50 (600 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body | Pure Power
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Recover, Sheer Cold, Swords Dance
Lapzaplerq
:castform-snowy:
100/100/100/75/100/125 (600 BST)
Abilities: Dry Skin / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Liquidation, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt

Samtendo09
:glaceon:
100/50/140/130/115/65 (600 BST)
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Adaptability | Ice Body
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Moonblast

This was less than half the total number of voted-for entries, so we would also include those which scored below the minimum that also received multiple votes, but since only one such candidate was not unfairly advantaged by an act of ballot-cloning, we'd favor those made by users who actually voted. However, only two candidates were made by users who actually voted or received votes, one of which was a self-vote and the other was the user whose ballot got cloned, so…
:blobshrug: We're going with the ones with a point value closest to 2⅔ but were either not clone-voted or which didn't win elsewhere. Grand total of three:

iceblazer
:amaura:
125/90/110/120/135/75 (655 BST)
Abilities: Pressure / Ice Body | Solid Rock
Added Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Slack Off, Earthquake, Thunder, Knock Off, Icicle Crash

Low-Key
:mr-rime:
100/125/95/100/115/65 (600 BST)
Abilities: Snow Warning / Download | Ice Body
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Night Slash, Air Slash, Overheat

I-Deepblue-I
:walrein:
100/135/115/100/85/65 (600)
Abilities: Thick Fat / Sheer Force | Oblivious
Added Move: Icicle Crash

NOTE: It would be incredibly helpful if more people would vote.

Ice M/I/A

Buffed MOVES:
shadowpea
Icicle Crash: +10 BP = 95 BP; 100% accuracy

Samtendo09
Aurora Veil: For 5 turns, damage to allies is halved, and allies take no damage from Hail. This move fails unless Hail is active. This move will fail if its user is holding a Utility Umbrella or an active Pokémon's Ability is either Cloud 9 or Air Lock.

Samtendo09
Hydro Pump: 85% accurate. If used by a Pokémon with Ice-type, this move has a 30% chance to lower a target’s Speed by 2 stages.

Buffed ITEMS:
Lapzaplerq
:never-melt-ice:Never-Melt Ice: Holder's Ice-type attacks deal 1.1× damage, and it heals 1/10 of its maximum HP after using an Ice-type attack.

TheUltraFinder
:abomasite:Abomasite (bonus effect): When held by an Ice Pokémon, the holder's Ice, Ghost, and Grass attacks have 1.2× power while Hail is active.

The Main Mon
:ice gem:Ice Gem: It boost the damage and the freeze chance of the first Ice type move by 50%. it is consumed after that move is used.

Buffed ABILITIES:
iceblazer
Ice Body: If Hail is active, this Pokémon's Defense is multiplied by 1.5.
(I can't remember if we decided this would replace the existing effects or add to them… so for now, it is added. If that's too broken, it will replace the old effects.)

Samtendo09
Snow Cloak - If Hail is active, this Pokemon's evasiveness is multiplied by 1.25 and it receives 2/3 damage from super-effective attacks. This Pokemon takes no damage from Hail.

New MOVES:
Iceblazer
65 bp, 15-24 pp, 90% acc.
Effect: Damage doubles against a target with a non-volatile status condition.
Distribution: :delibird:Delibird

Lapzaplerq
Gospel
Secondary Effect(s): Sound-based. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness, but does not factor Dark's immunity. Bypasses Substitute, but does not break it.
Distribution: :floette-blue:Floette-Blue, :froslass:Froslass, :ninetales-alola:Ninetales-Alola, :regice:Regice

Lapzaplerq
Sacred Ice
Secondary Effect(s): Makes contact. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness, but does not factor Dark's immunity.
Distribution: :abomasnow-mega:Abomasnow-Mega, :castform-snowy:Castform-Snowy, :sawsbuck-winter:Sawsbuck-Winter, :weavile:Weavile

New ABILITIES:
ChoiceScarfed
Absolute Zero - The Ice type has no weaknesses and is resisted by no types.
Distribution: :cryogonal:Cryogonal (as Hidden Ability)

And lastly…
:swsh/machop:
TheUltraFinder
:machop:
80/110/95/60/95/95 (535 BST)
Abilities: Guts / No Guard | Technician
Added Moves: Breaking Swipe, Dragon Tail, Mach Punch

I would say 'stay frosty!' but this thread is so frozen I'm going to have to ask you guys to thaw out a bit! :bloblul:
NEXT SLATE: FREE FOR ALL!
But first…
:boatogostandode:
April fools!

Discussion is not required, but also not forbidden.
You may proceed to the next slate, or talk about this past one.
Whatever floats your iceberg!
Have a wonderful Winter Break

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)