Resource Natdex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

So I've never played National Dex's meta before, and I'd like to try and get into it!
Can someone give me a quick summary on what's good right now, what isn't, and key threats to think about using and looking out for in return?
It’s tough to summarize the whole meta in 1 post, I would check out the viability ranking resource for that.

As for threats to keep in mind while building, ash gren, mega mawile, mega charizard y, tapu koko, kartana, rillaboom, and heatran come to mind; however this is not a full list and you could check out some more resources if you want a more complete list.

It’s tough to summarize the whole meta in 1 post, I would check out the viability ranking resource for that.

As for threats to keep in mind while building, ash gren, mega mawile, mega charizard y, tapu koko, kartana, rillaboom, and heatran come to mind; however this is not a full list and you could check out some more resources if you want a more complete list.
Thank you so much! I did go through the Viability Ranking Resource and parts of the Metagame discussion to get an idea, and actually saw some discourse on Ash-Gen being potentially broken. I just wanted to get a secondary view in case I was missing something.

Thank you so much! I did go through the Viability Ranking Resource and parts of the Metagame discussion to get an idea, and actually saw some discourse on Ash-Gen being potentially broken. I just wanted to get a secondary view in case I was missing something.
Personally I do disagree with this take, more so now then before due to the drop in water-types that do not check ash gren, such as slowking; if you want more information about if jho still believes it’s broken, I would PM him, from my experience he’s always happy to explain!

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
What are currently the most popular two moves to run on calm mind mega latias? Also are the toxic spikes teams that used mega latias still viable?
Psyshock and Aura Sphere are the two moves that Mega Latias runs commonly, it's the standard. As for your second question, Toxic Spikes are still very valuable for Mega Latias but for its standard set it's not really required. Refresh Mega Latias however absolutely mandates Toxic Spikes but even outside of Refresh, Toxic Spikes are pretty valuable to Mega Latias.

Hope this helped! :blobthumbsup:

What is with Mega Garchomp's massive rise on the VR? It went from B to A instantly with talks about A+ and I could find very little explanation for why it rose so quickly. Was scale shot just an under the radar massive buff that wasn't noticed for a while or was there some major metagame shift?

Avery

Banned deucer.
What is with Mega Garchomp's massive rise on the VR? It went from B to A instantly with talks about A+ and I could find very little explanation for why it rose so quickly. Was scale shot just an under the radar massive buff that wasn't noticed for a while or was there some major metagame shift?
pretty much scale shot flying massively under the radar and ppl realizing that defensive counterplay was nearly nonexistent + mega chomp can use its zygarde level bulk to get free setup on a good portion of the metagame and proceed to sweep / break heavily

How hard would you say teambuilding is because I manage to find a core and some good extra mons but I can never mold a team together

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
How hard would you say teambuilding is because I manage to find a core and some good extra mons but I can never mold a team together
Teambuilding is something that comes with experience and knowledge about each archetype and what their objectives are, I don't really think it's hard necessarily but there's a lot of thought involved when building a team in any tier, it comes with metagame knowledge too. I highly suggest you lurk through the VR, core threads and other ND resources to help you figure out which Pokemon is best for your team.

And if you want to know the ins and outs of archetypes so you know how they work when building different types of teams, check out this (look at the teambuilding section)

Hope this helped!

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Probably been asked, but is suspecting Blazikenite a possibility? Or does it completely fix all of non mega Blaziken's problems in the meta?
No tmk, because like you mentioned it fixes a lot of blaziken’s issues, bulkwise it turns a lot of 2hkoes into 3hkoes and a lot of ohkoes after rocks to guaranteed 2hkoes (bro and pex mainly), the starting speed is also big which means it allows blaziken to run adamant without protect, basically giving it higher than life orb power with the + of not hurting itself, basically easily turning it into an offensive behemoth without killing itself in 3 turns, as well as gains much more setup opprtunities.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)