Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

DJWT64

formerly Mustash
This may be a silly question with an easy solution but I am currently stumped with this one. Whenever I try to upload a gif image as my avatar, it does not show up as a gif image and instead is a static image. I have tried many different gif images but all of them end up showing up as static images.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This may be a silly question with an easy solution but I am currently stumped with this one. Whenever I try to upload a gif image as my avatar, it does not show up as a gif image and instead is a static image. I have tried many different gif images but all of them end up showing up as static images.
This is just a guess, but perhaps your computer has it saved as a .png? I know whenever I try to make a sprite using animated avatars I first have to upload it to ezgif in order to convert it so my computer understands its a .gif image. If you do use ezgif, make sure to press the checkbox beside "don't stack frames" to ensure your end result looks like this
Cottonee.gif
instead of this
Cottonee-stacked.gif
. Hope this helped!

DJWT64

formerly Mustash
This is just a guess, but perhaps your computer has it saved as a .png? I know whenever I try to make a sprite using animated avatars I first have to upload it to ezgif in order to convert it so my computer understands its a .gif image. If you do use ezgif, make sure to press the checkbox beside "don't stack frames" to ensure your end result looks like this View attachment 359493 instead of this View attachment 359494. Hope this helped!
Thank you very much! I tried out ezgif and got it to work!

how do i mention someone? Like if i want to make someone's name lightup so u can click it to see their acccount. Ex: The Immortal but u can click name to see their account.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
how do i mention someone? Like if i want to make someone's name lightup so u can click it to see their acccount. Ex: The Immortal but u can click name to see their account.
easiest way is to just do @[username]
@Lilburr = Lilburr, @VoolPool = VoolPool

alternatively you can do [user=userid]name[/user] if you want to for whatever reason, their id can be found in the url of their profile
[user=481709]Lily[/user] = Lily which links to my profile instead, mostly useless but it can be useful for people who go by names that don't match their smogon names

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When a “banned deucer” has their picture removed are they permanently banned?

Also, if their picture isn’t removed, are they temporarily banned?

Hey, guys. I have a question. My siblings and I connect online to play games, and we did some games on Showdown before. I had the idea to do two players v. two players, with each player using their own team. However, I don't know if this format exists on Showdown. If it does, can someone tell me what its name is?

Hey, guys. I have a question. My siblings and I connect online to play games, and we did some games on Showdown before. I had the idea to do two players v. two players, with each player using their own team. However, I don't know if this format exists on Showdown. If it does, can someone tell me what its name is?
You're probably looking for the Free-for-All Format. You can find it in the OM list when you click on the Format button on the home page, and you can challenge other people to it as well.

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, first time interacting. Is there a spreadsheet for gen 1 pokemon stats? I need it to build my own spreadsheet for planning out my team. I'll be setting it up to calculate damage so I can check the best pokemon for tanking the strongest attacks the elite four can dish out.

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, first time interacting. Is there a spreadsheet for gen 1 pokemon stats? I need it to build my own spreadsheet for planning out my team. I'll be setting it up to calculate damage so I can check the best pokemon for tanking the strongest attacks the elite four can dish out.
Btw I'm streaming a nuzlocke with some hardcore rules, that's why I need to maximize my chances. I'm not just overdoing it for no reason.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The closest thing that exists is the PS data files for gen 1, or the Smogon Dex page https://www.smogon.com/dex/rb/pokemon/ but I don't know how easy either of these would be to get into a spreadsheet.

The closest thing that exists is the PS data files for gen 1, or the Smogon Dex page https://www.smogon.com/dex/rb/pokemon/ but I don't know how easy either of these would be to get into a spreadsheet.
I appreciate the help! I know of no good way to transfer the data over, even though it's probably literally a spreadsheet loaded onto the page on the editor's end. Do we know who set that page up? If so, I could contact them and they might have the spreadsheet they used.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)