not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

I'm 24 years old. Around my age a lot of my friends are starting to get engaged/married, especially my friends that are a few years older than me. That brings me to the question that's been on my mind recently. Holy fuck how many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you need? Idk why but I feel like the "standard" is five. Like when I picture a wedding I picture five groomsmen and bridesmaids and that's it. In fact, the most recent wedding I went to there were only four a piece. But recently, I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts where people have eight bridesmaids. Is eight the new normal??? Like the one girl I got, she has five sisters and wanted to include a few friends too. But mostly I am shocked at how many people I've seen with eight+. This one girl I sort of know who's a friend of a friend has ELEVEN bridesmaids. Like holy shit that seemed excessive to me. I mean I get it I want a huge wedding someday and I plan on including a fair amount of groomsmen but at some point you gotta make some cuts. So yeah:

• how many bridesmaids/groomsmen is "standard?"
  • for the married folk, how many did you have? if you're not married, how many would you want?
  • how many is "too many?"
I don't really know about the standard. I typically picture 4 though. As for how many groomsmen I'd want... I'd say 3-5. Any more than that would kinda devalue it for me, personally. "Too many" depends on the person but personally, if it becomes more than 6 I feel like it would be a bit excessive.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I set a new personal best by scoring 474 points in a win in Scrabble! I had broken 400 before (barely) but this game I was just really at my best and got a good combination of tiles a bunch of times. Like for example I got both blank tiles, one of which I used for the T in IGNITES to get myself a 50 point bonus for using all of my tiles. The other blank was for the S in SMOTHER, which I again got a 50-point bonus for for using all of my tiles. Wish I had more people to play against other than my parents but still, happy about that result.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm 24 years old. Around my age a lot of my friends are starting to get engaged/married, especially my friends that are a few years older than me. That brings me to the question that's been on my mind recently. Holy fuck how many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you need? Idk why but I feel like the "standard" is five. Like when I picture a wedding I picture five groomsmen and bridesmaids and that's it. In fact, the most recent wedding I went to there were only four a piece. But recently, I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts where people have eight bridesmaids. Is eight the new normal??? Like the one girl I got, she has five sisters and wanted to include a few friends too. But mostly I am shocked at how many people I've seen with eight+. This one girl I sort of know who's a friend of a friend has ELEVEN bridesmaids. Like holy shit that seemed excessive to me. I mean I get it I want a huge wedding someday and I plan on including a fair amount of groomsmen but at some point you gotta make some cuts. So yeah:

• for the married folk, how many did you have? if you're not married, how many would you want?
this has been on my mind recently as i'll be proposing (hopefully) by the end of this year. the number rolling around in my head for my groomsmen is 8 which i know is a lot. that's everyone who's has me as one of their groomsmen +2 and not even including my soon to be brothers-in-law, which i probably will have to make room for. my gf on the other hand only has about 5-6 bridesmaids she's thinking about.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

as a recent wedding haver (almost one year!) the advice i can contribute is either do whatever you want or whatever keeps your future/current relatives the happiest, whichever you decide is worth more. The traditions are kinda overrated imo, just have a party and vibe

alternate advice is if you can imagine inviting one of your friends to stay on your couch for two weeks, they’d make a good groomsman. Can’t imagine there’s too many people that fit there

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
i swear every post i make on strava is longer than the last. i'm p sure nobody cares abt every little detail of the day's exercise, but i can't stop myself... any other gamers struggling w this problem?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I set a new personal best by scoring 474 points in a win in Scrabble! I had broken 400 before (barely) but this game I was just really at my best and got a good combination of tiles a bunch of times. Like for example I got both blank tiles, one of which I used for the T in IGNITES to get myself a 50 point bonus for using all of my tiles. The other blank was for the S in SMOTHER, which I again got a 50-point bonus for for using all of my tiles. Wish I had more people to play against other than my parents but still, happy about that result.
Just played and set a new personal best with 496! Highlight words include DUELING, SONATAS, and SNUG(G)LE for 50-point bonuses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 3)