Pet Mod Hoenn Gaiden - Slate 14 (Return and Rework)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept Name: Overshadowed Ability
Ability Name: Flower Veil
Effects: Ally grass type pokemon are protected from status conditions and the lowering of their stats
Distributed to: Bellossom, Meganium, Breloom, Venusaur, Exeggutor
Justification: Both of the pokemon that get this ability (Florges line and Comfey) aren't even grass types to take advantage of this ability, so there is really 0 point in using this ability with them. However,with the abundance of status conditions (mainly Toxic) and stat drops in the meta, this helps grass types act as more defensive mons.

Ability Name: Sand Force
Effects: This Pokémon's Ground, Rock, and Steel-type moves have 1.3x power in Sand; Sand immunity
Distributed to: Sandslash, Whiscash, Rhydon (over Lightning Rod), Nosepass (over Sturdy), Kabutops (over Battle Armor), Fearow
Justification: Sand Force is a super cool ability, even in later gens that don't have perma-Sand, but other than the 2 Megas that are stuck with it, literally every Pokémon with Sand Force has a better ability other than maybe Alolan Dugtrio, but Tangling Hair is typically more useful, even if barely so. However, when given to some Pokemon that'll actually use it, in a meta where perma-Sand still reigns supreme despite the efforts of Sunflora and Hail, and in such a bulky meta, Sand Force can really shine. Both Sandslash and Kabutops get a much needed power boost that make it harder for non-Gengar Ghosts to spinblock them and make them even scarier after a Swords Dance while Rhydon becomes an absolute nightmare to switch into with its 130 Attack and boosted dual-STAB, allowing it to compete with Golurk. And, while a stretch flavor-wise, Fearow gets its HP Ground and Steel Wing boosted, bolstering its poor coverage.

New = Italics

:rs/whiscash:
Concept Name: Non-Ice-type Hail Teammate
Pokémon Name: Whiscash
Typing: Water/Ground
Stats: 130/78/61/91/83/60 (+20 HP, +15 SpA, Def & SpD swapped, +10 SpD)
Abilities: Oblivious (Replace with Sand Force if it wins) / Ice Body
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hidden Power Bug
Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Grass, Psychic
Protect, Toxic, Substitute, Rest
How It Fulfills the Concept: Y'know, when thinking of what Ice-types and Hail would want in a teammate, like a Rock-Resist, a Fire-Resist, TTar check, Something that doesn't stack weaknesses, I came to the conclusion that what Hail really wants is just Swampert. However, Swampert hates being in Hail because it negates the Leftovers it desperately needs and giving Pert Ice Body probably isn't the best idea, so instead, I present to you Hail Swampert. Whiscash's great 130/61/83 bulk allows it to do everything I just mentioned pretty easily, with slightly less physical bulk and slightly more special bulk than Pert, plus more Special Attack that'll let its Surfs, Hydro Pumps, Ice Beams, and new coverage in better Spark (Thunderbolt) hit a bit harder. Plus, we all know how crazy Ice Body healing can get, making Hail its perfect habitat, but thanks to its Ground-typing, it doesn't mind Sand too much either. Now it has its flaws, mostly in that on Non-Hail teams, it very much competes with Pert, who checks Rock-types better, has a stronger EQ for Blissey, and has Refresh, but Whiscash's Hail immunity, ability to check Electric-types a little better, and stronger special attacks give it a niche
Whiscash @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic / Thunderbolt

:sm/torracat::sm/incineroar:
Concept Name: Viable NFE
Pokémon Name: Torracat (feat. Incineroar)
Typing: Fire (Torracat) -> Fire/Dark (Incineroar)
Stats-
Torracat: 65/50/60/95/85/125 (Atk & SpD swapped, +10 Def, +15 SpA, +35 Spe)
Incineroar: 95/90/90/105/90/60 (Atk & SpA swapped, +10 Atk, -10 SpA)
Abilities: Blaze / Intimidate (both)
Notable Moves: (for simplicity with some of the bluffs I'm giving Torracat, just assume that they have the same movepool)
Earthquake, Cross Chop, Acrobatics (Superpower removed)
Fire Blast, Overheat, Thunder Punch, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Hidden Power Grass, Knock Off, Foul Play
Baton Pass, Will-O-Wisp, Growth, Taunt, Swords Dance; Rest, Sleep Talk, Roar
How It Fulfills the Concept: Kinda wish I did Incineroar with Parting Shot for Suddenly Signature Move so I wouldn't have to give yet another thing Baton Pass, but anyway, Torracat and Incineroar offer two takes on offensive pivots. Torracat's 125 Speed outspeeds everything relevant except for Aero, Jolteon, TFlame, and Deoxys, letting it get off decently strong Fire Blasts and Thunder Punches or get off a fast Will-O-Wisp. It's a bit similar to Talonflame but trades higher bulk, a Ground immunity, Rapid Spin, ability to run physical sets, and recovery for more Special power, Baton Pass pivoting, Knock Off, better ability in Intimidate and better coverage. Basically, Talonflame is more equipped to stay on the field for awhile while Torracat keeps the tempo up
Meanwhile, Incineroar's great 95/90/90 bulk and interesting Fire/Dark-typing that lets it take on Celebi, Ledian, Girafarig, and Skarmory among others plus Intimidate and ability to take advantage of forced switches with a slow Baton Pass makes Incineroar a great bulky pivot with powerful Special STABs in Fire Blast and Crunch and has just enough Attack to viably run HP Bug, EQ, or Cross Chop
Torracat @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass / Thunder Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass

Incineroar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch / Hidden Power Grass
- Cross Chop / Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Grass / Roar
- Baton Pass

:rs/noctowl:
Concept Name: Rags to Riches
Pokémon Name: Noctowl
Typing: Flying/Dark
Stats: 110/60/70/96/96/70 (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +20 Def, +20 SpA)
Abilities: Insomnia / Cloud Nine
Notable Moves:
Acrobatics, Drill Peck
Crunch, Heat Wave, Psychic, Icy Wind, Hidden Power Grass, Foul Play, Sucker Punch
Calm Mind, Whirlwind, Toxic, Moonlight, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis
How It Fulfills the Concept: Dark/Flying is a super interesting type combo in this meta, considering all the Ghosts running around and considering how every other Dark-type can't switch in to Golurk's Earthquake (unless you're running Defensive Cacturne fsr). This plus Noctwol's great 110/96 Special bulk and access to Calm Mind and reliable recovery in Cloud Nine Moonlight make Noctowl a sturdy wall or wincon that can abuse common Ghosts and throw out statuses or Crunches or set up or Whirlwind the switch in out
Noctowl @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Moonlight
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave / Heat Wave

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Crunch
- Moonlight / Rest
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave / Heat Wave / Sleep Talk

:sm/frosmoth:
Concept Name: Bad Typing Juggernaut
Pokémon Name: Frosmoth
Typing: Bug/Ice
Stats: 70/85/60/125/90/95 (+20 Atk, +30 Spe)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Ice Scales
Notable Moves:
Lunge, Acrobatics
Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Water Pulse, Hidden Power Fire, Psychic
Calm Mind, Pain Split, Toxic, Whirlwind, Imprison, Stun Spore
How It Fulfills the Concept: Bug/Ice combines arguably the two worst overall typings in the game in order to create an even worse typing but one that Frosmoth still uses well. Ice's offensive prowess can never be understated and with great 125 SpA and decent 95 Speed, Frosnoth gets to fire off super strong Ice Beams to smack the many slower Grasses and Grounds in the meta while packing Giga Drain for TTar and HP Fire for Steels. Ice Scales also helps a ton, allowing it to switch into slow Special Attackers to revenge kill like Guzzlord or take in faster Special Attackers it otherwise probably wouldn't beat like Ledian, Zapdos, and Jolteon, which becomes easier thanks to newfound access to Stun Spore, Whirlwind, and Pain Split. It does have paper thin physical bulk with a typing weak to common physical types, but when played right, Frosmoth can be a dangerous bulky attacker
Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split / Giga Drain

Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Stun Spore
- Pain Split

:dp/weavile:
Concept Name: Be Kind, Please Rewind (Originally my sub for Type Category Dissonance)
Pokémon Name: Weavile
Typing: Dark/Ice
Stats: 70/120/65/45/85/125
Abilities: Pressure / Limber
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Low Kick, Double-Edge, Brick Break
Ice Beam, Knock Off, Foul Play
Toxic, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Even with its ridiculous stats, Weavile may not seem too impressive thanks to its actually pretty barren physical movepool in this gen, which lacks STAB. However, its stats really do carry it, as with the addition of Earthquake, EQ/Shadow Ball/Fighting move threatens TTar, Jirachi, Gengar, Jellicent, Golurk, Blissey (if Brick Break and not Low Kick), Abomasnow, Celebi, Slowking, Plusle, Starmie, and more. It has the same cleaning potential as Aerodactyl or Jolteon, but trades 5 Speed for more raw power on its coverage and a couple tricks up its sleeve with Knock Off, Ice Beam for Gliscor and Mence, killing after some chip, and Swords Dance to ramp up its power.
Weavile @ Choice Band / Leftovers
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam / Swords Dance

:dp/phione:
Concept Name: New Gen Legend/Mythical
Name of Pokemon: Phione
Typing: Water
Stats: 80/80/80/100/80/80 (+20 SpA)
Abilities: Rain Dish
Notable Moves:
Signal Beam
Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Grass, Knock Off, Whirlpool
Tail Glow, Heal Bell, Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk, Acid Armor, Rain Dance
Why It Should Be Picked: Phione has one thing over any other Water in the game and that thing is Tail Glow. Even if it's only a Nasty Plot in Gen 3, Tail Glow by itself gives Phione a huge niche as a special sweeper and wallbreaker that's able to amass boosts faster than any Suicune ever could. Thus, if left unchecked, it can become a real problem real fast. It obviously has flaws, most notably its only okay 80 Speed that leaves it open to being revenge killed by the likes of Dugtrio, basically every relevant Electric-type, Heracross, and more, but anything slower must learn to fear Phione. Who knew one change could make the worst mythical Pokemon worth something?
Oh, and I guess Knock Off is unique for a Water-type, too
Phione @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power Grass

Phione @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Oh, you're not running Tail Glow? (Phione) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Knock Off
- Rest / Toxic
- Sleep Talk / Heal Bell

Last edited:
Gods, sometimes I hate technology. A lot. Regardless, last slate has finally been PM'd and this laptop's issues are still being ironed out.

Relevant to this, for now I'll skip the Rewind, the NFE, and Overshadowed Ability entries, but I'll doubtless try to fill them in by tomorrow's end. Just surprised two ideas I had already got picked, particularly the mon one.

Stay safe everyone. Here's to hoping August and the rest of this year go better.

*New addition to the mon in question
**New move by technicality on that mon

Ugh. Swear I always miss something no matter how much I proofread. The smaller it is, the more annoying it usually it is too. At least I didn't accidentally omit a negative this time, and there should be, in theory, no more typos in this post. [/phrases that are never true]

2021/08/05
1. Added Flaffy as my entry for Viable NFE, technically also submitting the addition of the Gen VI ability Fur Coat to the mod on top of that on
2. Added the Gen V ability Analytic as my entry for Overshadowed Ability.
3. Added Calm Mind to Masquerain after realizing it's a bit passive despite its lack of recovery and that it can be justified as a stand-in for Quiver Dance, especially with it lacking Baton Pass now.
4. Reluctantly undid Melmetal's stats nerfs since it's probably better to see how it performs as itself rather than just being preemptive about it especially when the Attack-Special split does affect it rather significantly.

2021/08/06
5. Added Yoshiblaze's Azumarill from the "Devamped Fairy" category of Slate 07 as my entry for "Be Kind, Please Rewind", with his permission of course.

Concept Name: Be Kind, Please Rewind
Pokemon Name: Azumarill (Yoshiblaze's Submission for Slate 07's "Devamped Fairy" category, resubmitted with his permission)
Typing:
/
Stats: 100 HP / 050 Atk / 090 Def (+10) / 060 SpA (+10) / 090 SpD (+10) / 050 Spe {410 BST → 440 BST}
Abilities: Thick Fat / Huge Power
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.; the exception here is Hidden Power [Ghost] since Yoshiblaze noted that)
Brick Break, Double-Edge, Focus Punch, Hidden Power [Ghost], Quick Attack*
Hydro Pump, Ice Beam
Refresh, Sing
How It Fulfills the Concept: I've felt a bit guilty that Sylveon (and Crabominable...and Delibird) have all been underwhelming mons that I've had win out over other good (read: better) designs, and I feel this even more so given that "Devamped Fairy" probably had the most numerous amount of designs I liked, which is saying a lot. So I'm resubmitting one of the ones I liked the most, especially since buffing Azumarill doesn't stop Bibarel from being potentially added later despite Azumarill taking its previously unique typing for itself.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Focus Punch
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return / Quick Attack / Sing

Pokemon Name: Flaaffy
Typing:

Stats: 082 HP (+12) / 060 Atk (+05) / 060 Def (+05) / 085 SpA (+05) / 078 SpD (+10) / 045 Spe {365 BST → 410 BST}
Abilities: Static / Fur Coat* (would replace its new ability of Galvanize as well introduce the Gen VI ability to this pet mod)
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.)
Body Slam, Brick Break, Counter, Focus Punch
Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Growth, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Reflect, Slack Off, Thunder Wave
How It Fulfills the Concept: Oh, gods. Why couldn't Flaaffy have more actual wool on it? I swear, I eventually just chose to go with Fur Coat Flaaffy to not go mad for the Viable NFE entry and still did anyway just because of how Flaaffy is visually designed. Fluffy could have worked as the new ability and was what I was initially aiming for, but then I realized how absolutely nightmarish trying to keep track of contact moves across the Attack | Special split would have been without like a second window open. So Fur Coat it is since it allows Flaaffy a genuinely unique niche as a(nother) mon that basically doesn't have a weakness due to essentially neutralizing Ground as well as "resisting" every other physical type. So Flaaffy automatically becomes one of the bulkiest Electric mons in the game as well as the most physically bulky Electric mon, especially since it isn't quad-weak to Ground like Golem-Alola's line is. In fact, it can definitely survive even CB Dugtrio's Earthquake from 100% HP with "only" full HP EVs and OHKO it back with Counter. Generally it takes advantage of all the good status moves that Ampharos's line already has better than Ampharos does, but it pays for this by intentionally still being somewhat lacking in offense. Still, its newfound bulk might be enough, especially with the addition of Mold Breaker meaning Eeleektross is no longer guaranteed to "shrug off" Ground attacks aimed towards it. (For the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to imagine Mareep gets Fur Coat too over Galvanize if this wins even if that might get Mareep booted from a theoretical Little Cup.)

Pokemon Name: Oranguru {from Gen VII}
Typing:
/

Stats: 100 HP (+10) / 060 Atk / 080 Def / 090 SpA / 120 SpD (+10) / 070 Spe (+10) {490 BST → 520 BST}
Abilities: Levitate* / Natural Cure*
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.)
Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball
Foul Play, Giga Drain*, Knock Off, Psychic, Sucker Punch*, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Calm Mind, Encore, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Reflect, Taunt, Trick, Yawn
How It Fulfills the Concept: Okay, so Normal/Psychic isn't quite one of the worst typings in the game, but there's a reason that it was among the first things ditched when Girafarig began its Normal/Ghost apotheosis. Normal/Psychic, which Gen III no longer has a type combination currently, has only one resist and a somewhat unbecoming weakness to Dark with Tyranitar stalking the land as well as having its STAB type blocked by every Steel, Tyranitar, technically and extra-hard by Steel/Psychics, including the dreaded Metagross, and the now impressive Sableye. Still, Oranguru began with more BST than Girafarig ever got officially, and being Normal/Psychic does give it the tradeoff of being immune to one of Psychic's three weaknesses, which is rather nice despite losing the Fighting resist (and weakness). So despite being a mon clearly meant for Doubles and only that, the main things that needed to be fixed were only its crappy abilities, which is why its BST boost is relatively small. Its new abilities are based on stereotypical "guru" and "yogi" abilities as well as being meant to maximize the amount of times it can come in to attempt set up Calm Mind or just support without immediately reaching for Magic Guard or even just Recover to prop up its "bad typing". Going up to 100 base HP also lets it laugh at Blissey with Substitute, which is always nice for a specially oriented mon. Finally, with Levitate it's actually a rather good if aggressive check to Choice Band Golurk given its immunity to both that mon's STABs without being also weak to Rock--just watch out for Signal Beam. (Either way, it is now finally out of mind after starting to randomly think of this mon two weeks ago despite never mentally wasting it time on it before--so weird.)

Pokemon Name: Masquerain
Typing:
/
Stats: 070 HP / 080 Atk (+20) / 080 Def (+18) / 100 SpA (+20) / 100 SpD (+18) / 085 Spe (+25) {414 BST → 515 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Levitate*
Acrobatics*, Aerial Ace, Fly*, Lunge**, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin*, Shadow Ball, Silver Wind
Blizzard, Foul Play*, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf*
Agility, Calm Mind*, Haze, Stun Spore, Whirlwind
How It Fulfills the Concept: It's always bugged me--har har--how Surskit goes from the much more interesting & useful Bug/Water typing to the bog standard, "call of the void" incarnate Bug/Flying typing that so many poor mons are plagued with having dumped on them. While we thankfully got Araquanid and Golisopod to eventually rectify Bug/Water not being on a fully evolved mon, I still wanted to try to rectify that with a mon that's already in Gen III, especially since this Masquerain could still differ well enough from both of those mons even if they both eventually got added. For starters, this Masquerain is still focused on more on its SpA and can now make better use of its actually good special coverage between getting STAB on Water attacks again, the buff to Giga Drain, and letting it have Foul Play--originally Sucker Punch; it's a bit weird that it never got Surf (or Fly) though, even in later gens. It's also faster than both those mons would be (First Impression aside), can still avoid damage from Spikes via having Levitate now to replace its lost Flying type, can now better make use of its Intimidate with better bulk, and phazes well while now additionally having Rapid Spin (and now Calm Mind) and for some reason innately having Stun Spore; a shame that Heal Order didn't win, though I might not have let it get Rapid Spin (or Calm Mind) if it had. (It also got Baton Pass in later generations, but there is no way I am giving it that off the bat after essentially giving it the Mega treatment. ...This is especially true now that I've let it also have Calm Mind.)

Concept Name: New Gen Mythicals
Pokemon Name: Melmetal {from Gen VII, technically}
Typing:

Stats: 135 HP / 143 Atk / 143 Def / 080 SpA / 065 SpD / 034 Spe {600 BST (now unchanged)}
Abilities: Iron Fist
Brick Break, Earthquake, Meteor Mash*, Rock Slide, Self-Destruct, Superpower
Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Punch
Endure, Iron Defense, Thunder Wave
How It Fulfills the Concept: ...Like the Mega entry from last Slate, this is the entry I'm most worried about given how power crept a lot of Legendary and Mythical mons are, even the "bad" ones. Not that Melmetal is anywhere near bad, but...it's rather telling that even with -20 nerfs to its HP, Atk, and Def that this mon can both create 404 HP subs easily and also potentially survive Choice Band Dugtrio's STAB Earthquake from full HP with absolutely no defensive investment. Even though Iron Fist is such a crappy ability--seriously, only 20%?--and Steel is such a lackluster attacking type in Gen III, Melmetal uses them both to their fullest despite not getting access to Fire Punch and Focus Punch and despite the punches probably suffering the most of any category from the Attack and Special Attack split--Game Freak just really hates Hitmonchan. Meteor Mash is basically needed to make up for the lack of Double Iron Bash, and even with the 100 BP that Meteor Mash has in Gen III, it's still mercifully weaker than Double Iron Bash despite also being boosted by Iron Fist. Sheesh. No wonder this mon was giving Gen VIII OU such grief a while back. (...And yet, despite my generally cautious instincts, I will undo the initial nerfs to its stats just because it does have crappy SpD, can be trapped by Magnet Pull and Arena Trap, has to spend EVs on SpA now for its two non-STAB punches, has only an inaccurate punch as its sole STAB, and has low enough Speed that it will be taking a hit. If it's as much a problem as I suspect it might be with its actual stats, then we can always nerf it Later™.)

Concept Name: Non-Ice Hail Teammate
Pokemon Name: Dusclops
Typing:

Stats: 050 HP (+10) / 075 Atk (+05) / 130 Def / 075 SpA (+15) / 130 SpD / 045 Spe (+20) {455 BST → 505 BST}
Abilities: Pressure / Ice Body*
Body Slam, Brick Break**, Counter**, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Night Shade, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Shadow Ball
Blizzard, Fire Punch, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Pursuit, Sucker Punch**, Thunder Punch
Calm Mind, Destiny Bond, Grudge, Haze**, Memento, Mean Look, Pain Split, Snatch, Taunt, Torment, Will-O-Wisp
How It Fulfills the Concept: I'm just going to lazily resub my entry for Hail Abuser from last Slate since the only other three ideas I have right now are, respectively, likely better used as one of the more sensible New Gen Mythicals, very close to an old sub by someone else from Slate 01, and rather dubious given Guzzlord was just added. So go punish yourself with my stupid blathering there if you want since nothing has really changed other than that giving this 45 Speed turned out to a nice coincidence given it also makes this Dusclops just barely faster than He Of Primes, Guzzlord, and that this would have had Ice Shard if it had won over double buffing Delibird. I think I'll forego giving it Ice Shard...for now. (If anyone wants this as their Rewind entry for some reason, then feel free. I'm sure I can come up with something to replace it if need be.)

Ability Name: Analytic
Effects: "If a Pokémon with Analytic executes its move after all other Pokémon have made their move, the power of its move is increased by 30%." (This includes when the opponent switches, whether manually or with Baton Pass.)
Distributed to: :armaldo: Armaldo, :blastoise: Blastoise, :donphan: Donphan, :hitmonchan: Hitmonchan, :mr_mime: Mr. Mime, :ninjask: Ninjask, :porygon2: Porygon2, :sandslash: Sandslash, and :sylveon: Sylveon (replaces Cute Charm).
Justification: Since "Spinner that Beats Ghost" has failed to win a Concept Slate at least twice in a row and since turning Cryogonal Emo didn't take either, I figure that going with an ability that punishes switching the exact opposite way of Pursuit does and sticking it mostly on mons that want to Rapid Spin but tend to just have Ghosts switch into them seems a decent way to go. That it incidentally also helps to punish Baton Pass a bit, even on "dry" passes, also seems good.

I could probably safely give it to a few more mons, but I wanted to avoid giving it to anything with Explosion or Self-Destruct, which is why Claydol and Forretress are left out despite also being Rapid Spinners. Starmie and Talonflame get skipped since I'm unsure about their power right now, though Starmie might be fine with it given neither Life Orb or Psyshock exist currently even though Expert Belt now does. Hitmontop didn't get it mostly so that Hitmonchan could actually distinguish itself for once since I forgot Hitmonchan doesn't even have the completely underwhelming Iron Fist this gen, just Keen Eye. Porygon2 got it for the sake of history and currently being in the new UU unlike Magneton or Starmie; Porygon2 also only has one ability unlike those two since Download doesn't currently exist. Sylveon got it in an attempt to make amends for its apparent weakness due to it in theory wanting to take advantage of Curse and arguably fitting the flavor of its feelers; Cute Charm is basically worthless anyway (since we already know it's cute). Finally, both Mr. Mime and Ninjask got Analytic just to be thrown a bone for being nerfed early on for their own Baton Pass super-degeneracy even if Ninjask can't make good use of it at all outside hoping its opponents switch--Mr. Mime probably isn't much better.

Last edited:

Concept Name:
Viable NFE
Pokémon Name: Gligar
Typing: Ground / Flying
Stats: 65 / 110 / 95 / 35 / 65 / 105
Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Vital Spirit
Notable Moves
Phy:
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb
Spec: Thief
Stat: Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Gligar uses it's great speed and good atk to become a powerful SD sweeper. It's ok bulk let's it set up on Most Fighters and Zapdos if it can come in safely. However it's not a good counter or even check to these mon so it has to stay at high health in order to set up on them and even when it sets up it's sweep can be halted by Bulky Waters and Skarm.

Concept Name: Rags To Riches
Pokémon Name: Hitmonchan
Typing: Fighting
Stats: 50 / 110 / 80 / 100 / 110 / 84
Abilities: Keen Eye / Pressure
Notable Moves
Phy:
Brick Break, Focus Punch, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Rapid Spin
Spec: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Stat: Bulk Up, Agility
How It Fulfills the Concept: Hitmonchad Hitmonchan fills the role of a mixed fighting type which no other pokemon fills in the meta. Ice Punch and Thunder Punch cover most flying types and Ice Punch can do a lot a damage to two of the best fighting type checks in Mence and Gliscor. However it is the second physically weakest of the common fighters and is checked by common mons like Sp.def Zap, Jellicent and Gengar.

Last edited:
let's go girls

:ss/eldegoss:
Pokémon Name: Eldegoss
Typing: Grass
Stats: 80 (+20) / 50 / 90 / 85 (+5) / 120 / 65 (+5) (490 BST)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Effect Spore
Notable Moves: + Whirlwind, + Recover, + Toxic, + Hidden Power, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy, Weather Ball
How it Fulfills the Concept: A resub of the Sp. Def phazer role. Eldegoss continues to offer a lot of utility and potential role compression into a nice Grass-type package.

:ss/vigoroth:
Pokémon Name: Vigoroth
Typing: Normal
Stats: 80 / 90 (+10) / 80 / 80 (+25) / 55 / 110 (+20) (495 BST)
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Hustle
Notable Moves: Return, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Brick Break, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Taunt
How it Fulfills the Concept: At first glance, Vigoroth looks pretty similar to our recent devamped Mega Lopunny, but a few key things set it apart. It's slower, less bulky, and doesn't have STAB on Fighting-type moves, but with Hustle it hits significantly harder, it can go mixed, it has Shadow Ball for Ghost-types, and it can set up with Bulk Up or disrupt with Taunt. It can be a bit unreliable, but when it works, it really works.

:ss/accelgor:
Pokémon Name: Accelgor
Typing: Bug
Stats: 80 / 80 (+10) / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 (505 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Sticky Hold
Notable Moves: + Lunge, + Foul Play, + Muddy Water, Spikes, Encore, Giga Drain, Yawn, Toxic, Recover, Baton Pass, Knock Off, Pursuit
How it Fulfills the Concept: Let's face it: pure Bug is a pretty bad typing. Weak to Fire, Rock, and Flying, with its STAB resisted by six whole types. But Accelgor here manages to carve out a solid niche for itself as a lead. Faster than Aerodactyl, access to Spikes, Baton Pass, Recover, Pursuit, and more, and an ability that lets it switch in on Water moves and slurp them up. Muddy Water even lets it sort of threaten opposing Aerodactyl leads.

:ss/ditto:
Pokémon Name: Ditto
Stats: 98 (+50) / 48 / 48 / 48 / 48 / 48 (338 BST)
Abilities: Imposter
Notable Moves: Transform
How it Fulfills the Concept: Does Imposter count as an ability integral to the Pokémon's function? I'm going to argue yes. I'm further going to argue that in a metagame without Choice Scarf, Imposter Ditto would be able to find some interesting niches with scouting without being locked into the role of revenge killer. That would also be why I gave it a bump in HP; it's not guaranteed to outspeed its target, so it needs a little extra durability to work.

:ss/genesect:
Concept Name: New Gen Mythical
Pokémon Name: Genesect
Typing: Bug / Steel
Stats: 71 / 110 (-10) / 95 / 110 (-10) / 95 / 99 (580 BST)
Abilities: Trace
Notable Moves: Signal Beam, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Explosion, Extreme Speed, Metal Claw, Thunder Wave, Lock-On
How it Fulfills the Concept: I was going to submit Diancie before I realized it would just be mixed Regirock. Genesect has good coverage, a nice typing, and a reasonable amount of power for this environment owing both to the lack of Download and the nerfs to its attacking stats. A solid revenge killer, and Trace lets it switch in on Claydol or Flygon's EQ, or turn Magneton's Magnet Pull back on it.

:ss/drampa:
Pokémon Name: Drampa
Typing: Normal / Dragon
Stats: 98 (+20) / 60 / 95 (+10) / 135 / 101 (+10) / 36 (525 BST)
Abilities: Cloud Nine / Marvel Scale
Notable Moves: + Morning Sun, Glare, Thunder Wave, Dragon Claw, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Hyper Voice, Outrage, Surf, Hydro Pump, Light Screen
How it Fulfills the Concept: Maybe having a Cloud Nine Pokémon is cheating, but Drampa can switch in on Fire-types that threaten its Ice-type teammates with no fear and threaten massive damage with Surf or Hydro Pump. It can also do the same to Tyranitar, while ignoring sand, and Morning Sun is actually a reliable recovery source for it with Cloud Nine. It also has the highest Sp. Atk of any Dragon-type, so it can toss around Dragon Claws all day. Glare and Thunder Wave are fun utility. Marvel Scale could be used with Rest.

:ss/articuno: :ss/stantler: :ss/dewgong: :ss/jynx: :ss/sneasel: :ss/absol:
Ability Name: Snow Cloak
Effects: Grants 110% Defense during Hail instead of raising evasiveness.
Distributed to: Articuno, Stantler, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel (over Keen Eye), Absol
Justification: So one of hail's issues is that it doesn't actually benefit its users so much as it just doesn't harm them, and you can only do so much with Ice Body. Snow Cloak gives another ability that actually rewards you for pairing it with hail, and can be more reasonably distributed to non-Ice-types, like Stantler and Absol here. Articuno can be pretty frightening with a boosted Defense under hail, too.

Last edited:
:rs/scyther:
Pokemon Name: Scyther
Typing: Bug/Flying
Stats: 70/110/80/55/80/106
BST: 501
Abilities: Swarm / Overcoat
Notable Moves:
Physical: Acrobatics, *Brick Break, Hidden Power, Lunge
Special: Zilch
Status: Agility, Baton Pass, Substitute, Swords Dance, Toxic
How It Fulfills the Concept: Scyther has two crucial factors that gives it a niche over its Flying-type brethren; a strong, spammable Flying-type STAB and Overcoat. While Acrobatics does require you to forfeit CB or Lefties, its base power more than makes up for it, as it makes Scyther able to break through bulkier mons easier. Additionally, with Brick Break added to its arsenal, Scyther now has a free HP slot for either Rock or Ground, which gives Scyther a far better MU against Zap, Molt, Alolem, Meta, etc.

:rs/cacturne:
Pokemon Name: Cacturne
Typing: Grass/Dark
Stats: 70/115/80/115/60/80
BST: 520
Abilities: Sand Veil / Water Absorb
Notable Moves:
Physical: Focus Punch, *Earthquake
Special
: Giga Drain, Foul Play, Thunder Punch, Hidden Power, Sucker Punch
Status: Toxic, Destiny Bond, Encore, Leech Seed, Spikes, Spiky Shield, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Buffed Speed lets Cacturne actually use its decent coverage & attacking stats while a buffed Defense stat means that Cact is able to use Sand Veil to its advantage. While Grass/Dark isn't normally a very good defensive typing, it does have its perks, such as having a Ground & Water resistance & Psychic immunity. It can also set Spikes, cripple setup sweepers with Encore, and force 50/50s with D Bond, which sets it apart from other Grasses.

:ss/aurorus:
Concept Name: Bad Type Juggernaut
Pokemon Name: Aurorus
Typing: Ice/Rock
Stats: 110/80/72/105/92/90
BST: 539
Notable Moves:
Physical: Earthquake, Rock Slide
Special: Ice Beam, *Ice Shard, Hidden Power, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Weather Ball
Status: Toxic, Thunder Wave Calm Mind, *Dragon Dance, Encore, Roar, Substitute
How It Fulfills the Concept: You may be wondering, "Why would I use this over Deli/Aboma/Cryogonal?" The answer is simple: it cracks open common cores like a nut and in general, is a really cool anti-meta mon. Fat stuff like Glis, Celebi and Jelli all are hit by Aurorus' coverage, while Bliss & Snorlax are are crippled by Encore/Toxic. Access to DD & Ice Shard help circumvent its sort of middling Speed tier in a meta filled by 100-105 Speed mons as well.

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
lets go girls indeed

Pokemon Name: :Leavanny: Leavanny :Leavanny:
Type:
/

Stats: 72(-3)/103(+0)/90(+10)/103(+33)/90(+10)/97(+5) (BST: 555)
Abilities:
Swarm / Immunity*
Notable Moves:
:
Aerial Ace, Brick Break*, Facade, Secret Power, Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Slash, Steel Wing
:
Foul Play*, Giga Drain, Knock Off, Leaf Blade, Solar Beam, Thunder Punch*
:
Agility, Attract, Baton Pass, Calm Mind, Camouflage, Endure, Grass Whistle, Heal Bell, Helping Hand, Iron Defense, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Mind Reader, Nature Power, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Safeguard, Screech, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Toxic
How it fulfills the concept: Juggernaut usually implies that it can accomplish much solo, but when I think of poor typings my mind goes to Grass/Bug- there are similarly awful defensive typings out there, but almost no types that are as mediocre at threatening things. So, why sub Leavanny?
Because its movepool is based, and there are relatively few additions required to make it an interesting sidegrade to Celebi. Thunder Punch allows it to run Grass/Electric coverage, which vs everything except its Grass-type contemporaries, can be a threatening option. With a decent array of Physical and Special moves, and the ability to pass whichever stats it wants essentially, it is a solid option- albeit with 4mss.

*EDIT: 8/5/2021*

Pokemon Name: :Stantler: Stantler :Stantler:
Stats: 91(+18)/116(+21)/96(+34)/85(+0)/71(+6)/71(-14) (BST: 530)
Abilities:
Intimidate
Notable Moves:
:
Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Facade, Frustration, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Megahorn*, Return, Shadow Ball
:
Crunch*, Extrasensory, Hidden Power, Psychic, Solar Beam, Thief, Thunder, Thunderbolt
:
Attract, Calm Mind, Confuse Ray, Disable, Endure, Light Screen, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Skill Swap, Slack Off*, Sleep Talk, Spite, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Thunder Wave, Toxic
How it fulfills the concept: Stantler suuuucks in vanilla, but it's somewhat salvaged by having Intimidate, one of the single strongest abilities ever. I wanted to let it leverage that trait to be a physically tanky Normal-type with an ok speed tier. Slack Off is because it didn't seem appealing to lack recovery on this particular mon. It's resilient physically while maintaining a threatening offense. You can even use the added longevity to make better use of fringe Psych Up strategies- we all know that this tier features a lot of setup sweeping. Roar for phazing, Megahorn because it would very much appreciate it, and the eternally fun Skill Swap.

*EDIT: 8/6/2021*

Name of Move: Heal Order
Effects (including BP, PP and Acc): Bug Type, 16 PP, Heals the user for 50% of their max HP
Recipients: :accelgor: Accelgor (if it wins), :ariados: Ariados, :beautifly: Beautifly, :beedrill: Beedrill, :butterfree: Butterfree, :dustox: Dustox, :flygon: Flygon, :frosmoth: Frosmoth (if it wins), :illumise: Illumise, :leavanny: Leavanny (if it wins), :ledian: Ledian, :masquerain: Masquerain, :parasect: Parasect, :pinsir: Pinsir, :venomoth: Venomoth, :volbeat: Volbeat, :scizor: Scizor, :shuckle: Shuckle, :smeargle: Smeargle, :yanma: Yanma
Why It Should Be Picked: Heal Order is a game changer for these frail or otherwise lacking bugs, allowing them to actually, you know, occupy defensive roles. Many of these won't be viable, but a few will! Those being Flygon (awesome Rock resist that tends to get worn down across a game), Ledian, the possible addition of Accelgor/Frosmoth, the possibly buffed Masquerain/Parasects (proposed buffs would love to be able to heal), Scizor (excellent defensive typing, can't heal because there's no Roost in this generation), Shuckle (fascinating full stall option...marred by inability to heal w/o Rest)...the others not so much. By the by, I know Flygon isn't a Bug type...but it kind of looks like one! And so do its' prior forms. So I'm okay with it.
The biggest benefit here is enabling otherwise-paltry defensive sets, allowing these mons to regain health on whatever limited set of things they wall- in this case Shuckle hard stopping Normal-types, as well as being a soft check to most special and mixed attackers (eat your heart out Eel). Only fearing Rock-, Steel- and Water- type attacks. If that's not your speed, that's ok- the appeal of Bug-type Pokemon is that they have endless tricks in their toolkits. This is just another :D

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:sm/necrozma:
Concept Name: New Gen Legend
Pokemon Name: Necrozma
Typing:

Stats: 97/107/101/127/89/79 (600)
Abilities: Prism Armor
Notable Moves: Calm Mind, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Heat Wave, Moonlight, Photon Geyser, Rock Slide, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Necrozma has bad defensive typing and relatively bad speed for the tier. However Prism Armor and its defenses make up for its typing and allows it to utilise Toxic, Thunder Wave and set-up moves like Calm Mind and Dragon Dance, which makes it a solid check to mons like Celebi and Tyranitar in emergency situations. Its offensive profile isn't bad either. It has solid coverage with its STAB Photon Geyser and Heat Wave, Rock Slide, Earthquake and Hidden Power. Photon Geyser is a unique move in this metagame since it's a special move that can also be a physical move.

:bw/banette:
Pokemon Name: Banette
Typing:

Stats: 85 / 115 / 93 / 73 / 73 / 80 (519 BST)
Abilities: Insomnia / Sand Veil
Notable Moves:
Recover*, Taunt, Swords Dance*
Hidden Power Bug, Earthquake*, Shadow Ball
literally nothing lol
How It Fulfills the Concept: (Still kind of a WIP, but its now more complete than before!) With new moves in Swords Dance and Earthquake, it can try to be a Stallbreaker. Recover gives it reliable recovery, upping its longevity for defensive sets (recover/taunt/night shade?/will-o-wisp). Earthquake lets it break throught pokemon such as metagross or jirachi easierly, as they resisted its STAB and hidden power bug, swords dance lets it sweep half easily, and sand veil is good because sand is everywhere, really!

:ss/regidrago:
Concept Name: New Gen Legendary
Pokemon Name: Regidrago
Typing:

Stats: 200 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 80 (580 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body
Notable Moves:
Toxic*, Dragon Dance, Substitute...
Earthquake*, Superpower*, Hidden Power Bug*...
Flamethrower*, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Hidden Power Grass*...
How It Fulfills the Concept: with its new moves in Hidden Power, Toxic, Flamethrower, Earthquake and Superpower, it surely is a threat. with high HP but low defenses, it can be pretty easily KO'd by Ice and Dragon attacks. its a threatning sweeper with its Dragon Dance sets.

:bw/lunatone:
Pokemon Name: Lunatone
Typing:

Stats: 90 / 75 / 60 / 120 / 115 / 80 (540 BST)
Abilities: Levitate
Notable Moves:
Moonlight*, Taunt*, Calm Mind, Toxic...
Explosion
Psychic, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Grass, Hidden Power Electric, Knock Off*, Foul Play*
How It Fulfills the Concept: beeing an actually threatning calm mind sweeper, it can surely be a threat but its 80 speed and its bad typing keeps it from beeing broken. Taunt lets it be a stallbreaker, packing moves such as hp grass or hp electric for water types, some of its big weaknesses. Foul Play lets it threaten other set up pokemon, such as Ledian. (iirc it targets spatk). Moonlight lets it have reliable recovery, but with its bad 8 PP. and Explosion is Explosion.

:ss/corvisquire: + :ss/corviknight:
Pokemon Name: Corvisquire/Corviknight
Typing:
(
)
Stats: 68 / 87 / 55 / 43 / 65 /107 (425 BST)
Corviknight: 88 / 105 / 100 / 80 /97 / 85 (555 BST)
Abilities: Keen Eye (same for Corviknight)
Notable Moves:
Bulk Up, Taunt, Thunder Wave*(for corviknight)
Steel Wing, Hidden Power Ground, Hidden Power Flying, Rock Slide*, Shadow Ball*
0 things
How It Fulfills the Concept: I DONT HAVE THE TIME

will edit in more subs later

Last edited:
:ss/Mimikyu:
Pokémon Name: Mimikyu*
Typing:
Base Stats: 55 / 90 / 80 / 50 / 105 / 96 [BST: 476]
Ability: Disguise*
The first hit it takes is blocked, and it takes 1/8 HP damage instead.
Notable Moves:
+Brick Break, +Rock Slide, +Revenge, Shadow Ball
Swords Dance, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Destiny Bond
Mimikyu would be a great setup sweeper and wallbreaker. With its new typing, it would work great offensively. For Fighting-type's weakness to Psychic, its Ghost-typing would help offensively. For Ghost-type's resisted damage towards Dark and Steel-types, and Normal-type’s Ghost immunity, its Fighting-type would help. Disguise would be an interesting addition to the meta that would help it become a great setup sweeper and help it put pressure on spike setters. Its interesting speed tier would actually allow it to outspeed the likes of Silvally, Gliscor, Cloyster, etc.
- “It is believed that seeing its true form will cause a mysterious illness or even a painful death. Because of this, Mimikyu will become agitated and violently stop anyone from attempting to look underneath its rag.”
- “Repairing the rag correctly is often difficult for Mimikyu, so it cries a lot on the inside. It then seeks revenge on the one that damaged it, fearing that its true identity could have been exposed.”
Since Mimikyu seems to be a very feisty ghost, I interpreted this flavor text by replacing Mimikyu’s Fairy-type with fighting. I also added Revenge as a flavor move.
:ss/Poliwrath:
Pokémon Name: Poliwrath
Typing:

Base Stats: 101* / 85 / 95 / 70 / 90 / 84* [BST: 525*]
Abilities: Water Absorb / Ice Body*
Notable Moves:
+Rock Slide, +Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Focus Punch
Substitute, Belly Drum, Hypnosis
Poliwrath would be a great wallbreaker with this buff. Its typing has great synergy with Ice-types since it is a Fire and Rock-type resist. With the added healing through Ice Body, and its HP buff, Poliwrath would be even more optimized when using Substitute (which is already commonly used on Poliwrath sets). It also now has access to Rock Slide and Shadow Ball so it won't be forced to run HP Ghost or Rock Tomb for coverage (Which were sometimes ran on old Banded Poliwrath sets).
It's quite easy to connect Water-types to Ice Body. Poliwrath gaining Ice Body would just mean it's adapted to swimming in cold water, which is already referenced in some of its Pokédex entries.
- "Its body is solid muscle. When swimming through cold seas, Poliwrath uses its impressive arms to smash through drift ice and plow forward."
Shadow Ball could be justified since it already has moves relating to special abilities like Psychic, and ballistic moves like Ice Ball.
:bw/weezing:
Pokémon Name: Weezing
Typing:
Base Stats: 85* / 100* / 130* / 100* / 70 / 60 [BST: 550*]
Ability: Levitate
Notable Moves:
Explosion, Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat*, Thunderbolt, Crunch*
Toxic, Haze, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split
With its new buff, Weezing would be able to poison Pokémon while threatening Steel-types with Fire-type attacks. It could also work as a mixed attacker and make use of Explosion and its Poison STAB. It also has levitate which gives it an immunity to its four times weakness to Ground-type attacks.
In the Hoenn Region, Koffing can only be encountered on the Fiery Path. Overtime, Koffing and Weezing in the Hoenn Region have gained the Fire-type due to their extreme exposure to the heat. Their toxic fumes are now also known to burn Pokémon.
1623940784217.png

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:weezing-galar:
Pokemon Name: Galarian-Weezing
Typing: Poison/Water
Stats: 65/85/125/90/90/60 BST: 515
Ability: Neutralizing Gas

Notable Moves: Toxic, Pain Split, Strange Steam(changed to Water Type), Explosion, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Spikes(new)

How It Fulfills the Concept: Neutralizing Gas has always been overshadowed because of how good levitate is, but with a new typing, and improved stats, Neutralizing Gas can finally shine in HG, denying abilities like Tyranitars sand stream, while also forcing spikes damage and toxic on lots of the pokemon that prior were immune/had buffers to it via Neutgas removing Levitate, and Natural Cure, a decent water stab allows it to chip the grounds and rocks in the tier as well. And wisp, can do wisp things

Last edited:
Concept : Viable NFE
Name : Seadra
seadra.png

Typing : Water/Poison
Stats :
75/115/135/75/45/95 - BST is now 540 (Equal to Kingdra)
Ability : Swift Swim / Poison Point (Seadra normally only has Poison Point)
Move Additions : Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Mud Shot
Notable Moves : Dragon Dance,
Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Double-Edge

Seadra has long been a discount poison type on many levels, with unique access to Poison Sting and Poison Point among non-Poison types, so why not get the lovebirds together to tie the knot? Enter this behemoth. With a stat total equal to that of Kingdra, (because lets be real, any lower and this thing would be massively powercrept) and a couple of extra moves, Seadra is finally able to jump into the harsh world of ADV OU. If that stats didn't already make it clear, Seadra is a Dragon Dance Abuser, with the goal of either punching holes in an enemy team for a cleaner or itself being the cleaner once its' teammates pave a path for its' STAB Sludge Bombs to create havoc. As a Dragon Dancer, Seadra gets setup opportunities against a fair amount of pokemon by virtue of its' typing and high defense, allowing it to pivot into dangerous attacks like STABs from Heracross and Toxicroak as well as Metagross Meteor Mashes, though it struggles with passive damage in longer games. However, it's high speed also permits it running a dangerous Choice Band set. Though prediction heavy, it does have the tools to muscle through most checks, with Shadow Ball for Ghosts and a neutral hit on Metagross, and Mud Shot to nail Magneton while leaving Hidden Power open for highly specific coverage. It's notably hard walled by Skarmory, but with it's Poison typing and high defenses, Skarm needs to carry a phazing move to adequately stop a setup.

Concept : Bad Typing Juggernaut
Name : Magcargo
magcargo.png

Typing : Fire/Rock
Stats : 90/ 70/ 180/ 100/ 130/ 30 - BST = 600
(+40/+20/+60/+20/+50/+/-0) +190
Ability : Flame Body / Magma Armor
Move Additions : Explosion, Memento
Notable Moves : Fire Blast, Flamethrower,
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Overheat, Heat Wave, Acid Armor, Body Slam, Refresh, Yawn, Light Screen, Reflect, Curse, Amnesia
Notable Omissions : Recover, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp, Solarbeam

Hold your horses, because we are taking the meaning of the word "Juggernaut" and really making it count. With a physical defense spread eclipses Aggron AND a special defense spread outmatching even Cramorant, this new Magcargo is an entirely new beast. It can take neutral hits like they're nothing, making several of the metagame's hardest hitters look pathetic. This gargantuan stat-spread must come at a cost though, and oh boy does it. Fire/Rock might be the single worst defensive typing in the metagame. A 70/180 physical defense spread could not allow Aggron to face OU, and despite itself having a mediocre typing, it certainly far outclasses Magcargo's. Just about every physical attacker in this metagame carries Earthquake, a move which renders these amazing defenses a moot point in a flash. It's special bulk is also impressive though, which makes it all the more important to remember that it also carries an immense vulnerability to incredibly common water moves. Swampert, Jellicent, Milotic, Cloyster and more can all ruthlessly end any hopes of defensive utility in moments with halfway decent water moves. And should you for some reason lack these things, Magcargo is still handleable. Passive damage destroys Magcargo. While it is immune to Sand, it cannot bear to take damage from Spikes and crumples quickly when under the effects of Toxic. This is mostly because of that Notable Omissions section: It's not that Magcargo is having these moves taken away from it, it's actually that in ADV, Magcargo doesn't even have access to them in the first place. But it's not all woe for this magma snail. It's defenses when taking neutral hits are astounding, and special attackers like Zapdos, Gengar, and Jirachi will have tons of trouble cracking it's massive defenses with any efficiency. It's role is as a midgame tank, with a notably special ability to easily handle enemy Explosions. And should it find itself in a position where it faces death, it can get a traditional last hurrah through Explosion or grant a teammate a setup opportunity through the devastating Memento.

My one big fear with this design is that it could be a bit too matchup reliant, a pokemon which falls flat in it's worst matchups and can look oppressive in it's best ones. I don't think these stats are overtuned for the metagame, but if bestowing upon this silly slug a Pseudo-Legend tiered BST is considered a design sin, then consider the stat-spread of 80/70/170/100/120/30 my submission instead.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Lets open votes people

Only have a few vetoes, The Damned's Melmetal and Flaaffy due to having non-signature abilities that don't exist in gen 3 in Fur Coat and Iron Fist. And Z-nogyroP's Genesect due to its versatility, and the ability to easily switch in and cancel out many threats in the meta, such as Dugtrio or Lanturn(Lanturn Gang)

You get SVs equal to the number of votable submissions you made divided by 2, and rounded down. Vote for your top 3. Votes aren't ranked so order within your ballot doesn't matter.

Voting will close in a couple of days.

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Be Kind, Please Rewind: :mimikyu: Mimikyu, :glaceon: Glaceon, :eldegoss: Eldegoss
Viable NFE: :seadra: Seadra, :torracat: Torracat, :corvisquire: Corvisquire
Bad Typing Juggernaut: :aurorus: Aurorus, :lunatone: Lunatone, :mr rime: Mr. Rime
Rags to Riches: :weezing: Weezing, :parasect: Parasect, :stantler: Stantler (SV)
New Gen Mythicals: :uxie: Uxie, :phione: Phione
Non-Ice Hail teammate: :dusclops: Dusclops, :poliwrath: Poliwrath
Overshadowed Ability: Analytic

:cobalion:
Concept Name:Be Kind,Please Rewind(formerly my Suddenly Signature)
Pokemon Name:Cobalion
Typing:Steel/Fighting
Stats:91/90/129/90/72/108 Total:580
Abilities:Clear Body
Notable Moves:Sacred Sword(New Gen),Swords Dance,Rock Slide(New),Hidden Power Ghost/Ground
How It Fulfills the Concept:In Gen 6 and onwards,Sacred Sword was made no longer signature to the Swords Of Justice,being given to the Aegislash line and eventually Zacian.With neither of them OR the other Swords Of Justice it has Sacred Sword to itself.This reliable,strong Fighting STAB coupled with a secondary Steel typing for a nice defensive combo,Rock Slide as coverage,and the nice combo of Clear Body and SD,and Cobalion is a dangerous set-up sweeper.Its good typing allows it to take out multiple top threats,such as Ttar,Aerodactyl,and Salamence.
Sample Set:
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability:Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ghost]/[Ground]
:rs/flygon:
Concept Name: Be Kind, Please Rewind (Formerly ViZar's Rock-Resisting Spiker)
Pokemon Name: Flygon
Typing:

Stats: Unchanged
Notable Moves: +Spikes, +Morning Sun, +Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Protect, Toxic
How It Fulfills the Original Concept: ViZar chose Flygon for the original Concept since it has incredible longevity with its typing and ability. Morning Sun gives it recovery, which becomes worse in Sandstorm, but it gets the job done and it has a place on weatherless teams, which can remove Sand. Dragon Dance allows it to be a bigger threat which again is great thanks to its longevity.
:glaceon:
Pokemon Name: Glaceon
Typing: Ice
Stats: 65 HP / 60 Atk / 115 Def / 130 SpA / 95 SpD / 65 Speed
Abilities: Ice Body / Compound Eyes
(Compound Eyes reminder: Compound Eyes multiplies the Pokémon’s accuracy to a 130% of normal. For example, Blizzard’s 70% Accuracy becomes 91%, and Lovely Kiss‘s 75% becomes 98%.)
Notable Moves: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Fire/Electric/Grass, Toxic
Added Moves: Surf, Lovely Kiss, Haze, Ice Ball, Hydro Pump, Super Fang, Weather Ball, Recover, Calm Mind
How It Fulfills the Concept: A resub from last slate, this time with emphais of Compound Eyes. Glaceon, although a slow Ice-type, got decent bulk and by far the highest Special Attack of all Ice-type, boasting the strongest Ice Beam, and especially Blizzard through Compound Eyes. A 120 BP STAB Ice-type move with an acceptable 91% accuracy means it will hit hard with that 130 base Special Attack, making a destructive wallbreaker.

At the moment, Ice Body isn’t worth using anyways considering you have Tyranitar to deal with. Lovely Kiss may not be entirely 100% accurate unlike Spore, but Spore can be ignored by Overcoat, but that Ability is practically useless against other sleep-inducng moves which includes a 98% accurate Lovely Kiss. This makes switching extremely risky, which means even Metagross and Tyranitar are not viable considered as viable switch-in unless you already have a teammate that got asleep. Not even Chansey wants to waste time with it, lest it will allows Magic Guard Sableye to switch in!

:shelgon:
Pokemon Name: Shelgon
Typing: Dragon
Stats: 95 HP / 50 Atk / 85 Def / 50 SpA / 100 SpD / 50 Speed
Abilities: Overcoat (replaces Rock Head)
Notable Moves: Toxic, Substitute, Iron Defense, Roar, Wish, Rain Dance, Sunny Day
Added Moves: None
How It Fulfills the Concept: Overcoat gives it immunity to Sandstorm damage and Hail damage, alongside immunity to Spore and Stun Spore. The newly gained Rapid Spin also allows it to become one of the walls with Spin support. Roar allows it to phaze set up sweepers, and Wish will help out healing itself or allied. It stood out from Salamence by being a lot more defensive and provide some support.

:Mr.-rime:
Pokemon Name: Mr. Rime
Typing: Psychic / Ice
Stats: 80 HP / 65 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 90 Speed
Abilities: Overcoat / Trace
Notable Moves: Ice Beam, Psychic, Calm Mind, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Light Screen, Reflect, Slack Off, Ice Shard, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Fake Out, Confuse Ray, Baton Pass
Added Moves: Hidden Power (preferably Fighitng, Fire or Grass), Toxic
How It Fulfills the Concept: With better base Speed and gained access to Hidden Power and Toxic, Mr. Rime will be a powerful threat in Hoenn Gaiden with priority STAB in the form of Ice Shard, Sucker Punch calculated on its Special Attack, access of Slack Off, Rapid Spin and dual screens for Support, and using Trace to mess up with walls or punish Intimdiate users. It’s Ice / Psychic type is not a good defensive typing, but can turn the tide if used correctly as an offensive typing.

:wigglytuff:
Pokemon Name: Wigglytuff
Stats: 140 HP / 110 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SpA / 70 SpD / 50 Speed
Abilities: Cute Charm / Thick Fat
Notable Moves: Double-Edge, Return, Wish, Toxic, Counter, Protect, Reflect, Light Screen, Body Slam, Safeguard, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Fake Tears, Brick Break, Substitute, Focus Punch, Perish Song, Hideen Power Grass
Added Moves: Knock Off, Spikes
How It Fulfills the Concept: Wigglytuff, despite its large HP, is a master-of-none that suffered from being just “worse Clefable” diring generations. Not in here, with better stats and Thick Fat to make better use of its enormous toolset it has!

With Expert Belt, it can afford to go to mixed sets, or utilize its slightly better bulk and high HP to run Counter to stop DD sweepers like Salamence. Thick Fat also allows for better match-up against several Fire-type and Ice-type threats. Wigglytuff’s versatility is ramped up, but it‘s slow Speed, lack of recovery outside of momentum-draining Wish and weakness to Fighting will keep it in check.

:uxie:
Concept Name: Newer Gen Legendary
Pokemon Name: Uxie
Typing: Psychic
Stats: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 130 Def / 75 SpA / 130 SpD / 95 Speed
Notable Moves: Memento, Yawn, Calm Mind, Protect, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Knock Off, Toxic, Heal Bell, Psychic, Amnesia, Rest + Sleep Talk, Light Screen, Reflect, Imprison, Foul Play, Thunderbolt, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Giga Drain
Added Moves: Recover
How It Fulfills the Concept: Uxie‘s bulk is more impressive in Gen 3 than in later Generations, with tools like Memento, Yawn, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, Reflect, Foul Play, Heal Bell and Knock Off giving it versatility as a wall. 95 Speed is also speedy for a defensive-oriented Pokémon, allowing it to utilize Foul Play against slower non-Dark Calm Mind users.
:parasect:
Pokemon Name: Parasect
Typing: Bug / Ghost
Stats: 75 / 120 / 75 / 70 / 75 / 75 (490 BST)
Abilities: Effect Spore / Water Absorb
Notable Moves: Spore, Lunge*, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance, Stun Spore, Knock Off*, Hidden Power Rock/Fighting
How It Fulfills the Concept: Shedinja doesn't actually show how cool Bug/Ghost is in this meta, so Parasect is here to do it. Between Spore, Lunge, Stun Spore and Knock Off, Parasect is deceptively hard to switch into, and it forces a lot of switches which is amazing for a Spikes meta. Bug is also a great type for this meta, hitting Ttar and Celebi hard. We all know how amazing Ghost is as well. Not only does it passively block Rapid Spin, it's also a great offensive type for dealing with all of the Ghosts we've added to the meta.

:spinda:
Pokemon Name: Spinda
Typing: Normal / Dark
Stats: 85 / 85 / 85 / 115 / 65 / 75 (500 BST)
Abilities: Water Veil
Notable Moves: Rapid Spin, Sucker Punch*, Hypnosis, Crunch*, Slack Off, Wish, Baton Pass, Disable, Encore, Pursuit*
How It Fulfills the Concept: We added a lot of Ghosts to the meta and our spinners are suffering for it. Here is a spinner that beats those Ghosts. Water Veil is mainly useful in blocking wisp ghosts: Jelly, Gengar and Giraf. Pursuit and Sucker Punch play mindgames with every Ghosts, much like Bisharp did pre-dexit. With the Ghosts denied entry, it is free to spin.
Ability Name: Flower Veil
Effects: Ally grass type pokemon are protected from status conditions and the lowering of their stats
Distributed to: Bellossom, Meganium, Breloom, Venusaur, Exeggutor
Justification: Both of the pokemon that get this ability (Florges line and Comfey) aren't even grass types to take advantage of this ability, so there is really 0 point in using this ability with them. However,with the abundance of status conditions (mainly Toxic) and stat drops in the meta, this helps grass types act as more defensive mons.
Ability Name: Sand Force
Effects: This Pokémon's Ground, Rock, and Steel-type moves have 1.3x power in Sand; Sand immunity
Distributed to: Sandslash, Whiscash, Rhydon (over Lightning Rod), Nosepass (over Sturdy), Kabutops (over Battle Armor), Fearow
Justification: Sand Force is a super cool ability, even in later gens that don't have perma-Sand, but other than the 2 Megas that are stuck with it, literally every Pokémon with Sand Force has a better ability other than maybe Alolan Dugtrio, but Tangling Hair is typically more useful, even if barely so. However, when given to some Pokemon that'll actually use it, in a meta where perma-Sand still reigns supreme despite the efforts of Sunflora and Hail, and in such a bulky meta, Sand Force can really shine. Both Sandslash and Kabutops get a much needed power boost that make it harder for non-Gengar Ghosts to spinblock them and make them even scarier after a Swords Dance while Rhydon becomes an absolute nightmare to switch into with its 130 Attack and boosted dual-STAB, allowing it to compete with Golurk. And, while a stretch flavor-wise, Fearow gets its HP Ground and Steel Wing boosted, bolstering its poor coverage.

New = Italics

:rs/whiscash:
Concept Name: Non-Ice-type Hail Teammate
Pokémon Name: Whiscash
Typing: Water/Ground
Stats: 130/78/61/91/83/60 (+20 HP, +15 SpA, Def & SpD swapped, +10 SpD)
Abilities: Oblivious (Replace with Sand Force if it wins) / Ice Body
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hidden Power Bug
Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Grass, Psychic
Protect, Toxic, Substitute, Rest
How It Fulfills the Concept: Y'know, when thinking of what Ice-types and Hail would want in a teammate, like a Rock-Resist, a Fire-Resist, TTar check, Something that doesn't stack weaknesses, I came to the conclusion that what Hail really wants is just Swampert. However, Swampert hates being in Hail because it negates the Leftovers it desperately needs and giving Pert Ice Body probably isn't the best idea, so instead, I present to you Hail Swampert. Whiscash's great 130/61/83 bulk allows it to do everything I just mentioned pretty easily, with slightly less physical bulk and slightly more special bulk than Pert, plus more Special Attack that'll let its Surfs, Hydro Pumps, Ice Beams, and new coverage in better Spark (Thunderbolt) hit a bit harder. Plus, we all know how crazy Ice Body healing can get, making Hail its perfect habitat, but thanks to its Ground-typing, it doesn't mind Sand too much either. Now it has its flaws, mostly in that on Non-Hail teams, it very much competes with Pert, who checks Rock-types better, has a stronger EQ for Blissey, and has Refresh, but Whiscash's Hail immunity, ability to check Electric-types a little better, and stronger special attacks give it a niche
Whiscash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic / Thunderbolt

:sm/torracat::sm/incineroar:
Pokémon Name: Torracat (feat. Incineroar)
Typing: Fire (Torracat) -> Fire/Dark (Incineroar)
Stats-
Torracat: 65/50/60/95/85/125 (Atk & SpD swapped, +10 Def, +15 SpA, +35 Spe)
Incineroar: 95/90/90/105/90/60 (Atk & SpA swapped, +10 Atk, -10 SpA)
Abilities: Blaze / Intimidate (both)
Notable Moves: (for simplicity with some of the bluffs I'm giving Torracat, just assume that they have the same movepool)
Earthquake, Cross Chop, Acrobatics (Superpower removed)
Fire Blast, Overheat, Thunder Punch, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Hidden Power Grass, Knock Off, Foul Play
Baton Pass, Will-O-Wisp, Growth, Taunt, Swords Dance; Rest, Sleep Talk, Roar
How It Fulfills the Concept: Kinda wish I did Incineroar with Parting Shot for Suddenly Signature Move so I wouldn't have to give yet another thing Baton Pass, but anyway, Torracat and Incineroar offer two takes on offensive pivots. Torracat's 125 Speed outspeeds everything relevant except for Aero, Jolteon, TFlame, and Deoxys, letting it get off decently strong Fire Blasts and Thunder Punches or get off a fast Will-O-Wisp. It's a bit similar to Talonflame but trades higher bulk, a Ground immunity, Rapid Spin, ability to run physical sets, and recovery for more Special power, Baton Pass pivoting, Knock Off, better ability in Intimidate and better coverage. Basically, Talonflame is more equipped to stay on the field for awhile while Torracat keeps the tempo up
Meanwhile, Incineroar's great 95/90/90 bulk and interesting Fire/Dark-typing that lets it take on Celebi, Ledian, Girafarig, and Skarmory among others plus Intimidate and ability to take advantage of forced switches with a slow Baton Pass makes Incineroar a great bulky pivot with powerful Special STABs in Fire Blast and Crunch and has just enough Attack to viably run HP Bug, EQ, or Cross Chop
Torracat @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass / Thunder Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass

Incineroar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch / Hidden Power Grass
- Cross Chop / Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Grass / Roar
- Baton Pass

:rs/noctowl:
Pokémon Name: Noctowl
Typing: Flying/Dark
Stats: 110/60/70/96/96/70 (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +20 Def, +20 SpA)
Abilities: Insomnia / Cloud Nine
Notable Moves:
Acrobatics, Drill Peck
Crunch, Heat Wave, Psychic, Icy Wind, Hidden Power Grass, Foul Play, Sucker Punch
Calm Mind, Whirlwind, Toxic, Moonlight, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis
How It Fulfills the Concept: Dark/Flying is a super interesting type combo in this meta, considering all the Ghosts running around and considering how every other Dark-type can't switch in to Golurk's Earthquake (unless you're running Defensive Cacturne fsr). This plus Noctwol's great 110/96 Special bulk and access to Calm Mind and reliable recovery in Cloud Nine Moonlight make Noctowl a sturdy wall or wincon that can abuse common Ghosts and throw out statuses or Crunches or set up or Whirlwind the switch in out
Noctowl @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Moonlight
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave / Heat Wave

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Crunch
- Moonlight / Rest
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave / Heat Wave / Sleep Talk

:sm/frosmoth:
Pokémon Name: Frosmoth
Typing: Bug/Ice
Stats: 70/85/60/125/90/95 (+20 Atk, +30 Spe)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Ice Scales
Notable Moves:
Lunge, Acrobatics
Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Water Pulse, Hidden Power Fire, Psychic
Calm Mind, Pain Split, Toxic, Whirlwind, Imprison, Stun Spore
How It Fulfills the Concept: Bug/Ice combines arguably the two worst overall typings in the game in order to create an even worse typing but one that Frosmoth still uses well. Ice's offensive prowess can never be understated and with great 125 SpA and decent 95 Speed, Frosnoth gets to fire off super strong Ice Beams to smack the many slower Grasses and Grounds in the meta while packing Giga Drain for TTar and HP Fire for Steels. Ice Scales also helps a ton, allowing it to switch into slow Special Attackers to revenge kill like Guzzlord or take in faster Special Attackers it otherwise probably wouldn't beat like Ledian, Zapdos, and Jolteon, which becomes easier thanks to newfound access to Stun Spore, Whirlwind, and Pain Split. It does have paper thin physical bulk with a typing weak to common physical types, but when played right, Frosmoth can be a dangerous bulky attacker
Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split / Giga Drain

Frosmoth @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Stun Spore
- Pain Split

:dp/weavile:
Concept Name: Be Kind, Please Rewind (Originally my sub for Type Category Dissonance)
Pokémon Name: Weavile
Typing: Dark/Ice
Stats: 70/120/65/45/85/125
Abilities: Pressure / Limber
Notable Moves:
Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Low Kick, Double-Edge, Brick Break
Ice Beam, Knock Off, Foul Play
Toxic, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Even with its ridiculous stats, Weavile may not seem too impressive thanks to its actually pretty barren physical movepool in this gen, which lacks STAB. However, its stats really do carry it, as with the addition of Earthquake, EQ/Shadow Ball/Fighting move threatens TTar, Jirachi, Gengar, Jellicent, Golurk, Blissey (if Brick Break and not Low Kick), Abomasnow, Celebi, Slowking, Plusle, Starmie, and more. It has the same cleaning potential as Aerodactyl or Jolteon, but trades 5 Speed for more raw power on its coverage and a couple tricks up its sleeve with Knock Off, Ice Beam for Gliscor and Mence, killing after some chip, and Swords Dance to ramp up its power.
Weavile @ Choice Band / Leftovers
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam / Swords Dance

:dp/phione:
Concept Name: New Gen Legend/Mythical
Name of Pokemon: Phione
Typing: Water
Stats: 80/80/80/100/80/80 (+20 SpA)
Abilities: Rain Dish
Notable Moves:
Signal Beam
Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Grass, Knock Off, Whirlpool
Tail Glow, Heal Bell, Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk, Acid Armor, Rain Dance
Why It Should Be Picked: Phione has one thing over any other Water in the game and that thing is Tail Glow. Even if it's only a Nasty Plot in Gen 3, Tail Glow by itself gives Phione a huge niche as a special sweeper and wallbreaker that's able to amass boosts faster than any Suicune ever could. Thus, if left unchecked, it can become a real problem real fast. It obviously has flaws, most notably its only okay 80 Speed that leaves it open to being revenge killed by the likes of Dugtrio, basically every relevant Electric-type, Heracross, and more, but anything slower must learn to fear Phione. Who knew one change could make the worst mythical Pokemon worth something?
Oh, and I guess Knock Off is unique for a Water-type, too
Phione @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power Grass

Phione @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Oh, you're not running Tail Glow? (Phione) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Knock Off
- Rest / Toxic
- Sleep Talk / Heal Bell

Concept Name:
Viable NFE
Pokémon Name: Gligar
Typing: Ground / Flying
Stats: 65 / 110 / 95 / 35 / 65 / 105
Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Vital Spirit
Notable Moves
Phy:
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb
Spec: Thief
Stat: Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Gligar uses it's great speed and good atk to become a powerful SD sweeper. It's ok bulk let's it set up on Most Fighters and Zapdos if it can come in safely. However it's not a good counter or even check to these mon so it has to stay at high health in order to set up on them and even when it sets up it's sweep can be halted by Bulky Waters and Skarm.

Pokémon Name: Hitmonchan
Typing: Fighting
Stats: 50 / 110 / 80 / 100 / 110 / 84
Abilities: Keen Eye / Pressure
Notable Moves
Phy:
Brick Break, Focus Punch, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Rapid Spin
Spec: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Stat: Bulk Up, Agility
How It Fulfills the Concept: Hitmonchad Hitmonchan fills the role of a mixed fighting type which no other pokemon fills in the meta. Ice Punch and Thunder Punch cover most flying types and Ice Punch can do a lot a damage to two of the best fighting type checks in Mence and Gliscor. However it is the second physically weakest of the common fighters and is checked by common mons like Sp.def Zap, Jellicent and Gengar.
Gods, sometimes I hate technology. A lot. Regardless, last slate has finally been PM'd and this laptop's issues are still being ironed out.

Relevant to this, for now I'll skip the Rewind, the NFE, and Overshadowed Ability entries, but I'll doubtless try to fill them in by tomorrow's end. Just surprised two ideas I had already got picked, particularly the mon one.

Stay safe everyone. Here's to hoping August and the rest of this year go better.

*New addition to the mon in question
**New move by technicality on that mon

Ugh. Swear I always miss something no matter how much I proofread. The smaller it is, the more annoying it usually it is too. At least I didn't accidentally omit a negative this time, and there should be, in theory, no more typos in this post. [/phrases that are never true]

2021/08/05
1. Added Flaffy as my entry for Viable NFE, technically also submitting the addition of the Gen VI ability Fur Coat to the mod on top of that on
2. Added the Gen V ability Analytic as my entry for Overshadowed Ability.
3. Added Calm Mind to Masquerain after realizing it's a bit passive despite its lack of recovery and that it can be justified as a stand-in for Quiver Dance, especially with it lacking Baton Pass now.
4. Reluctantly undid Melmetal's stats nerfs since it's probably better to see how it performs as itself rather than just being preemptive about it especially when the Attack-Special split does affect it rather significantly.

2021/08/06
5. Added Yoshiblaze's Azumarill from the "Devamped Fairy" category of Slate 07 as my entry for "Be Kind, Please Rewind", with his permission of course.

Pokemon Name: Azumarill (Yoshiblaze's Submission for Slate 07's "Devamped Fairy" category, resubmitted with his permission)
Typing:
/
Stats: 100 HP / 050 Atk / 090 Def (+10) / 060 SpA (+10) / 090 SpD (+10) / 050 Spe {410 BST → 440 BST}
Abilities: Thick Fat / Huge Power
Notable Moves: (Ignores all of the basically universal moves like Hidden Power, Protect, Rest, Substitute, Toxic, etc.; the exception here is Hidden Power [Ghost] since Yoshiblaze noted that)
Brick Break, Double-Edge, Focus Punch, Hidden Power [Ghost], Quick Attack*
Hydro Pump, Ice Beam
Refresh, Sing
How It Fulfills the Concept: I've felt a bit guilty that Sylveon (and Crabominable...and Delibird) have all been underwhelming mons that I've had win out over other good (read: better) designs, and I feel this even more so given that "Devamped Fairy" probably had the most numerous amount of designs I liked, which is saying a lot. So I'm resubmitting one of the ones I liked the most, especially since buffing Azumarill doesn't stop Bibarel from being potentially added later despite Azumarill taking its previously unique typing for itself.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Focus Punch
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return / Quick Attack / Sing

Pokemon Name: Oranguru {from Gen VII}
Typing:
/

Stats: 100 HP (+10) / 060 Atk / 080 Def / 090 SpA / 120 SpD (+10) / 070 Spe (+10) {490 BST → 520 BST}
Abilities: Levitate* / Natural Cure*
Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Ball
Foul Play, Giga Drain*, Knock Off, Psychic, Sucker Punch*, Thunder, Thunderbolt
Calm Mind, Encore, Light Screen, Magic Coat, Pain Split, Reflect, Taunt, Trick, Yawn
How It Fulfills the Concept: Okay, so Normal/Psychic isn't quite one of the worst typings in the game, but there's a reason that it was among the first things ditched when Girafarig began its Normal/Ghost apotheosis. Normal/Psychic, which Gen III no longer has a type combination currently, has only one resist and a somewhat unbecoming weakness to Dark with Tyranitar stalking the land as well as having its STAB type blocked by every Steel, Tyranitar, technically and extra-hard by Steel/Psychics, including the dreaded Metagross, and the now impressive Sableye. Still, Oranguru began with more BST than Girafarig ever got officially, and being Normal/Psychic does give it the tradeoff of being immune to one of Psychic's three weaknesses, which is rather nice despite losing the Fighting resist (and weakness). So despite being a mon clearly meant for Doubles and only that, the main things that needed to be fixed were only its crappy abilities, which is why its BST boost is relatively small. Its new abilities are based on stereotypical "guru" and "yogi" abilities as well as being meant to maximize the amount of times it can come in to attempt set up Calm Mind or just support without immediately reaching for Magic Guard or even just Recover to prop up its "bad typing". Going up to 100 base HP also lets it laugh at Blissey with Substitute, which is always nice for a specially oriented mon. Finally, with Levitate it's actually a rather good if aggressive check to Choice Band Golurk given its immunity to both that mon's STABs without being also weak to Rock--just watch out for Signal Beam. (Either way, it is now finally out of mind after starting to randomly think of this mon two weeks ago despite never mentally wasting it time on it before--so weird.)

Pokemon Name: Masquerain
Typing:
/
Stats: 070 HP / 080 Atk (+20) / 080 Def (+18) / 100 SpA (+20) / 100 SpD (+18) / 085 Spe (+25) {414 BST → 515 BST}
Abilities: Intimidate / Levitate*
Acrobatics*, Aerial Ace, Fly*, Lunge**, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin*, Shadow Ball, Silver Wind
Blizzard, Foul Play*, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf*
Agility, Calm Mind*, Haze, Stun Spore, Whirlwind
How It Fulfills the Concept: It's always bugged me--har har--how Surskit goes from the much more interesting & useful Bug/Water typing to the bog standard, "call of the void" incarnate Bug/Flying typing that so many poor mons are plagued with having dumped on them. While we thankfully got Araquanid and Golisopod to eventually rectify Bug/Water not being on a fully evolved mon, I still wanted to try to rectify that with a mon that's already in Gen III, especially since this Masquerain could still differ well enough from both of those mons even if they both eventually got added. For starters, this Masquerain is still focused on more on its SpA and can now make better use of its actually good special coverage between getting STAB on Water attacks again, the buff to Giga Drain, and letting it have Foul Play--originally Sucker Punch; it's a bit weird that it never got Surf (or Fly) though, even in later gens. It's also faster than both those mons would be (First Impression aside), can still avoid damage from Spikes via having Levitate now to replace its lost Flying type, can now better make use of its Intimidate with better bulk, and phazes well while now additionally having Rapid Spin (and now Calm Mind) and for some reason innately having Stun Spore; a shame that Heal Order didn't win, though I might not have let it get Rapid Spin (or Calm Mind) if it had. (It also got Baton Pass in later generations, but there is no way I am giving it that off the bat after essentially giving it the Mega treatment. ...This is especially true now that I've let it also have Calm Mind.)

Pokemon Name: Dusclops
Typing:

Stats: 050 HP (+10) / 075 Atk (+05) / 130 Def / 075 SpA (+15) / 130 SpD / 045 Spe (+20) {455 BST → 505 BST}
Abilities: Pressure / Ice Body*
Body Slam, Brick Break**, Counter**, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Night Shade, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Shadow Ball
Blizzard, Fire Punch, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Psychic, Pursuit, Sucker Punch**, Thunder Punch
Calm Mind, Destiny Bond, Grudge, Haze**, Memento, Mean Look, Pain Split, Snatch, Taunt, Torment, Will-O-Wisp
How It Fulfills the Concept: I'm just going to lazily resub my entry for Hail Abuser from last Slate since the only other three ideas I have right now are, respectively, likely better used as one of the more sensible New Gen Mythicals, very close to an old sub by someone else from Slate 01, and rather dubious given Guzzlord was just added. So go punish yourself with my stupid blathering there if you want since nothing has really changed other than that giving this 45 Speed turned out to a nice coincidence given it also makes this Dusclops just barely faster than He Of Primes, Guzzlord, and that this would have had Ice Shard if it had won over double buffing Delibird. I think I'll forego giving it Ice Shard...for now. (If anyone wants this as their Rewind entry for some reason, then feel free. I'm sure I can come up with something to replace it if need be.)

Ability Name: Analytic
Effects: "If a Pokémon with Analytic executes its move after all other Pokémon have made their move, the power of its move is increased by 30%." (This includes when the opponent switches, whether manually or with Baton Pass.)
Distributed to: :armaldo: Armaldo, :blastoise: Blastoise, :donphan: Donphan, :hitmonchan: Hitmonchan, :mr_mime: Mr. Mime, :ninjask: Ninjask, :porygon2: Porygon2, :sandslash: Sandslash, and :sylveon: Sylveon (replaces Cute Charm).
Justification: Since "Spinner that Beats Ghost" has failed to win a Concept Slate at least twice in a row and since turning Cryogonal Emo didn't take either, I figure that going with an ability that punishes switching the exact opposite way of Pursuit does and sticking it mostly on mons that want to Rapid Spin but tend to just have Ghosts switch into them seems a decent way to go. That it incidentally also helps to punish Baton Pass a bit, even on "dry" passes, also seems good.

I could probably safely give it to a few more mons, but I wanted to avoid giving it to anything with Explosion or Self-Destruct, which is why Claydol and Forretress are left out despite also being Rapid Spinners. Starmie and Talonflame get skipped since I'm unsure about their power right now, though Starmie might be fine with it given neither Life Orb or Psyshock exist currently even though Expert Belt now does. Hitmontop didn't get it mostly so that Hitmonchan could actually distinguish itself for once since I forgot Hitmonchan doesn't even have the completely underwhelming Iron Fist this gen, just Keen Eye. Porygon2 got it for the sake of history and currently being in the new UU unlike Magneton or Starmie; Porygon2 also only has one ability unlike those two since Download doesn't currently exist. Sylveon got it in an attempt to make amends for its apparent weakness due to it in theory wanting to take advantage of Curse and arguably fitting the flavor of its feelers; Cute Charm is basically worthless anyway (since we already know it's cute). Finally, both Mr. Mime and Ninjask got Analytic just to be thrown a bone for being nerfed early on for their own Baton Pass super-degeneracy even if Ninjask can't make good use of it at all outside hoping its opponents switch--Mr. Mime probably isn't much better.
let's go girls

:ss/eldegoss:
Pokémon Name: Eldegoss
Typing: Grass
Stats: 80 (+20) / 50 / 90 / 85 (+5) / 120 / 65 (+5) (490 BST)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Effect Spore
Notable Moves: + Whirlwind, + Recover, + Toxic, + Hidden Power, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy, Weather Ball
How it Fulfills the Concept: A resub of the Sp. Def phazer role. Eldegoss continues to offer a lot of utility and potential role compression into a nice Grass-type package.

:ss/vigoroth:
Pokémon Name: Vigoroth
Stats: 80 / 90 (+10) / 80 / 80 (+25) / 55 / 110 (+20) (495 BST)
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Hustle
Notable Moves: Return, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Brick Break, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Taunt
How it Fulfills the Concept: At first glance, Vigoroth looks pretty similar to our recent devamped Mega Lopunny, but a few key things set it apart. It's slower, less bulky, and doesn't have STAB on Fighting-type moves, but with Hustle it hits significantly harder, it can go mixed, it has Shadow Ball for Ghost-types, and it can set up with Bulk Up or disrupt with Taunt. It can be a bit unreliable, but when it works, it really works.

:ss/accelgor:
Pokémon Name: Accelgor
Typing: Bug
Stats: 80 / 80 (+10) / 40 / 100 / 60 / 145 (505 BST)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Sticky Hold
Notable Moves: + Lunge, + Foul Play, + Muddy Water, Spikes, Encore, Giga Drain, Yawn, Toxic, Recover, Baton Pass, Knock Off, Pursuit
How it Fulfills the Concept: Let's face it: pure Bug is a pretty bad typing. Weak to Fire, Rock, and Flying, with its STAB resisted by six whole types. But Accelgor here manages to carve out a solid niche for itself as a lead. Faster than Aerodactyl, access to Spikes, Baton Pass, Recover, Pursuit, and more, and an ability that lets it switch in on Water moves and slurp them up. Muddy Water even lets it sort of threaten opposing Aerodactyl leads.

:ss/ditto:
Pokémon Name: Ditto
Stats: 98 (+50) / 48 / 48 / 48 / 48 / 48 (338 BST)
Abilities: Imposter
Notable Moves: Transform
How it Fulfills the Concept: Does Imposter count as an ability integral to the Pokémon's function? I'm going to argue yes. I'm further going to argue that in a metagame without Choice Scarf, Imposter Ditto would be able to find some interesting niches with scouting without being locked into the role of revenge killer. That would also be why I gave it a bump in HP; it's not guaranteed to outspeed its target, so it needs a little extra durability to work.

:ss/drampa:
Pokémon Name: Drampa
Typing: Normal / Dragon
Stats: 98 (+20) / 60 / 95 (+10) / 135 / 101 (+10) / 36 (525 BST)
Abilities: Cloud Nine / Marvel Scale
Notable Moves: + Morning Sun, Glare, Thunder Wave, Dragon Claw, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Hyper Voice, Outrage, Surf, Hydro Pump, Light Screen
How it Fulfills the Concept: Maybe having a Cloud Nine Pokémon is cheating, but Drampa can switch in on Fire-types that threaten its Ice-type teammates with no fear and threaten massive damage with Surf or Hydro Pump. It can also do the same to Tyranitar, while ignoring sand, and Morning Sun is actually a reliable recovery source for it with Cloud Nine. It also has the highest Sp. Atk of any Dragon-type, so it can toss around Dragon Claws all day. Glare and Thunder Wave are fun utility. Marvel Scale could be used with Rest.

:ss/articuno: :ss/stantler: :ss/dewgong: :ss/jynx: :ss/sneasel: :ss/absol:
Ability Name: Snow Cloak
Effects: Grants 110% Defense during Hail instead of raising evasiveness.
Distributed to: Articuno, Stantler, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel (over Keen Eye), Absol
Justification: So one of hail's issues is that it doesn't actually benefit its users so much as it just doesn't harm them, and you can only do so much with Ice Body. Snow Cloak gives another ability that actually rewards you for pairing it with hail, and can be more reasonably distributed to non-Ice-types, like Stantler and Absol here. Articuno can be pretty frightening with a boosted Defense under hail, too.
:rs/scyther:
Pokemon Name: Scyther
Typing: Bug/Flying
Stats: 70/110/80/55/80/106
BST: 501
Abilities: Swarm / Overcoat
Notable Moves:
Physical: Acrobatics, *Brick Break, Hidden Power, Lunge
Special: Zilch
Status: Agility, Baton Pass, Substitute, Swords Dance, Toxic
How It Fulfills the Concept: Scyther has two crucial factors that gives it a niche over its Flying-type brethren; a strong, spammable Flying-type STAB and Overcoat. While Acrobatics does require you to forfeit CB or Lefties, its base power more than makes up for it, as it makes Scyther able to break through bulkier mons easier. Additionally, with Brick Break added to its arsenal, Scyther now has a free HP slot for either Rock or Ground, which gives Scyther a far better MU against Zap, Molt, Alolem, Meta, etc.

:rs/cacturne:
Pokemon Name: Cacturne
Typing: Grass/Dark
Stats: 70/115/80/115/60/80
BST: 520
Abilities: Sand Veil / Water Absorb
Notable Moves:
Physical: Focus Punch, *Earthquake
Special
: Giga Drain, Foul Play, Thunder Punch, Hidden Power, Sucker Punch
Status: Toxic, Destiny Bond, Encore, Leech Seed, Spikes, Spiky Shield, Swords Dance
How It Fulfills the Concept: Buffed Speed lets Cacturne actually use its decent coverage & attacking stats while a buffed Defense stat means that Cact is able to use Sand Veil to its advantage. While Grass/Dark isn't normally a very good defensive typing, it does have its perks, such as having a Ground & Water resistance & Psychic immunity. It can also set Spikes, cripple setup sweepers with Encore, and force 50/50s with D Bond, which sets it apart from other Grasses.

:ss/aurorus:
Concept Name: Bad Type Juggernaut
Pokemon Name: Aurorus
Typing: Ice/Rock
Stats: 110/80/72/105/92/90
BST: 539
Notable Moves:
Physical: Earthquake, Rock Slide
Special: Ice Beam, *Ice Shard, Hidden Power, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Weather Ball
Status: Toxic, Thunder Wave Calm Mind, *Dragon Dance, Encore, Roar, Substitute
How It Fulfills the Concept: You may be wondering, "Why would I use this over Deli/Aboma/Cryogonal?" The answer is simple: it cracks open common cores like a nut and in general, is a really cool anti-meta mon. Fat stuff like Glis, Celebi and Jelli all are hit by Aurorus' coverage, while Bliss & Snorlax are are crippled by Encore/Toxic. Access to DD & Ice Shard help circumvent its sort of middling Speed tier in a meta filled by 100-105 Speed mons as well.]
:bw/banette:
Pokemon Name: Banette
Typing:

Stats: 85 / 115 / 93 / 73 / 73 / 80 (519 BST)
Abilities: Insomnia / Sand Veil
Notable Moves:
Recover*, Taunt, Swords Dance*
Hidden Power Bug, Earthquake*, Shadow Ball
literally nothing lol
How It Fulfills the Concept: (Still kind of a WIP, but its now more complete than before!) With new moves in Swords Dance and Earthquake, it can try to be a Stallbreaker. Recover gives it reliable recovery, upping its longevity for defensive sets (recover/taunt/night shade?/will-o-wisp). Earthquake lets it break throught pokemon such as metagross or jirachi easierly, as they resisted its STAB and hidden power bug, swords dance lets it sweep half easily, and sand veil is good because sand is everywhere, really!

:ss/regidrago:
Concept Name: New Gen Legendary
Pokemon Name: Regidrago
Typing:

Stats: 200 / 100 / 50 / 100 / 50 / 80 (580 BST)
Abilities: Clear Body
Notable Moves:
Toxic*, Dragon Dance, Substitute...
Earthquake*, Superpower*, Hidden Power Bug*...
Flamethrower*, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Hidden Power Grass*...
How It Fulfills the Concept: with its new moves in Hidden Power, Toxic, Flamethrower, Earthquake and Superpower, it surely is a threat. with high HP but low defenses, it can be pretty easily KO'd by Ice and Dragon attacks. its a threatning sweeper with its Dragon Dance sets.

:bw/lunatone:
Pokemon Name: Lunatone
Typing:

Stats: 90 / 75 / 60 / 120 / 115 / 80 (540 BST)
Notable Moves:
Moonlight*, Taunt*, Calm Mind, Toxic...
Explosion
Psychic, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Grass, Hidden Power Electric, Knock Off*, Foul Play*
How It Fulfills the Concept: beeing an actually threatning calm mind sweeper, it can surely be a threat but its 80 speed and its bad typing keeps it from beeing broken. Taunt lets it be a stallbreaker, packing moves such as hp grass or hp electric for water types, some of its big weaknesses. Foul Play lets it threaten other set up pokemon, such as Ledian. (iirc it targets spatk). Moonlight lets it have reliable recovery, but with its bad 8 PP. and Explosion is Explosion.

:ss/corvisquire: + :ss/corviknight:
Pokemon Name: Corvisquire/Corviknight
Typing:
(
)
Stats: 68 / 87 / 55 / 43 / 65 /107 (425 BST)
Corviknight: 88 / 105 / 100 / 80 /97 / 85 (555 BST)
Abilities: Keen Eye (same for Corviknight)
Notable Moves:
Bulk Up, Taunt, Thunder Wave*(for corviknight)
Steel Wing, Hidden Power Ground, Hidden Power Flying, Rock Slide*, Shadow Ball*
0 things
How It Fulfills the Concept: I DONT HAVE THE TIME
:ss/Mimikyu:
Pokémon Name: Mimikyu*
Typing:
Base Stats: 55 / 90 / 80 / 50 / 105 / 96 [BST: 476]
Ability: Disguise*
The first hit it takes is blocked, and it takes 1/8 HP damage instead.
Notable Moves:
+Brick Break, +Rock Slide, +Revenge, Shadow Ball
Swords Dance, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Destiny Bond
Mimikyu would be a great setup sweeper and wallbreaker. With its new typing, it would work great offensively. For Fighting-type's weakness to Psychic, its Ghost-typing would help offensively. For Ghost-type's resisted damage towards Dark and Steel-types, and Normal-type’s Ghost immunity, its Fighting-type would help. Disguise would be an interesting addition to the meta that would help it become a great setup sweeper and help it put pressure on spike setters. Its interesting speed tier would actually allow it to outspeed the likes of Silvally, Gliscor, Cloyster, etc.
- “It is believed that seeing its true form will cause a mysterious illness or even a painful death. Because of this, Mimikyu will become agitated and violently stop anyone from attempting to look underneath its rag.”
- “Repairing the rag correctly is often difficult for Mimikyu, so it cries a lot on the inside. It then seeks revenge on the one that damaged it, fearing that its true identity could have been exposed.”
Since Mimikyu seems to be a very feisty ghost, I interpreted this flavor text by replacing Mimikyu’s Fairy-type with fighting. I also added Revenge as a flavor move.
:ss/Poliwrath:
Pokémon Name: Poliwrath
Typing:

Base Stats: 101* / 85 / 95 / 70 / 90 / 84* [BST: 525*]
Abilities: Water Absorb / Ice Body*
Notable Moves:
+Rock Slide, +Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Focus Punch
Substitute, Belly Drum, Hypnosis
Poliwrath would be a great wallbreaker with this buff. Its typing has great synergy with Ice-types since it is a Fire and Rock-type resist. With the added healing through Ice Body, and its HP buff, Poliwrath would be even more optimized when using Substitute (which is already commonly used on Poliwrath sets). It also now has access to Rock Slide and Shadow Ball so it won't be forced to run HP Ghost or Rock Tomb for coverage (Which were sometimes ran on old Banded Poliwrath sets).
It's quite easy to connect Water-types to Ice Body. Poliwrath gaining Ice Body would just mean it's adapted to swimming in cold water, which is already referenced in some of its Pokédex entries.
- "Its body is solid muscle. When swimming through cold seas, Poliwrath uses its impressive arms to smash through drift ice and plow forward."
Shadow Ball could be justified since it already has moves relating to special abilities like Psychic, and ballistic moves like Ice Ball.
:bw/weezing:
Pokémon Name: Weezing
Typing:
Base Stats: 85* / 100* / 130* / 100* / 70 / 60 [BST: 550*]
Ability: Levitate
Notable Moves:
Explosion, Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat*, Thunderbolt, Crunch*
Toxic, Haze, Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split
With its new buff, Weezing would be able to poison Pokémon while threatening Steel-types with Fire-type attacks. It could also work as a mixed attacker and make use of Explosion and its Poison STAB. It also has levitate which gives it an immunity to its four times weakness to Ground-type attacks.
In the Hoenn Region, Koffing can only be encountered on the Fiery Path. Overtime, Koffing and Weezing in the Hoenn Region have gained the Fire-type due to their extreme exposure to the heat. Their toxic fumes are now also known to burn Pokémon.
View attachment 363133
:weezing-galar:
Pokemon Name: Galarian-Weezing
Typing: Poison/Water
Stats: 65/85/125/90/90/60 BST: 515
Ability: Neutralizing Gas

Notable Moves: Toxic, Pain Split, Strange Steam(changed to Water Type), Explosion, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Spikes(new)

How It Fulfills the Concept: Ah yes a new bulky water, but seriously though, Neutralizing Gas has some serious potential in the metagame, Lead weezing prevents sand or hail from coming up, and deals decently well with tar ignoring earthquake(and you can just confusion hax that :}}], easily beats lead hail using sludge bomb. With the new addition of spikes it is a pretty strong spiker despite losing to most of the spinners. It can spread status in wisp or toxic as well. Pain split isn't the most reliable of recovery, and the ground weakness isn't ideal, but it will be a solid defensive mon in the meta.
Concept : Viable NFE
Name : Seadra
View attachment 363443
Typing : Water/Poison
Stats :
75/115/135/75/45/95 - BST is now 540 (Equal to Kingdra)
Ability : Swift Swim / Poison Point (Seadra normally only has Poison Point)
Move Additions : Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Mud Shot
Notable Moves : Dragon Dance,
Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Double-Edge

Seadra has long been a discount poison type on many levels, with unique access to Poison Sting and Poison Point among non-Poison types, so why not get the lovebirds together to tie the knot? Enter this behemoth. With a stat total equal to that of Kingdra, (because lets be real, any lower and this thing would be massively powercrept) and a couple of extra moves, Seadra is finally able to jump into the harsh world of ADV OU. If that stats didn't already make it clear, Seadra is a Dragon Dance Abuser, with the goal of either punching holes in an enemy team for a cleaner or itself being the cleaner once its' teammates pave a path for its' STAB Sludge Bombs to create havoc. As a Dragon Dancer, Seadra gets setup opportunities against a fair amount of pokemon by virtue of its' typing and high defense, allowing it to pivot into dangerous attacks like STABs from Heracross and Toxicroak as well as Metagross Meteor Mashes, though it struggles with passive damage in longer games. However, it's high speed also permits it running a dangerous Choice Band set. Though prediction heavy, it does have the tools to muscle through most checks, with Shadow Ball for Ghosts and a neutral hit on Metagross, and Mud Shot to nail Magneton while leaving Hidden Power open for highly specific coverage. It's notably hard walled by Skarmory, but with it's Poison typing and high defenses, Skarm needs to carry a phazing move to adequately stop a setup.

Concept : Bad Typing Juggernaut
Name : Magcargo
View attachment 363444
Typing : Fire/Rock
Stats : 90/ 70/ 180/ 100/ 130/ 30 - BST = 600
(+40/+20/+60/+20/+50/+/-0) +190
Ability : Flame Body / Magma Armor
Move Additions : Explosion, Memento
Notable Moves : Fire Blast, Flamethrower,
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Overheat, Heat Wave, Acid Armor, Body Slam, Refresh, Yawn, Light Screen, Reflect, Curse, Amnesia
Notable Omissions : Recover, Pain Split, Will-O-Wisp, Solarbeam

Hold your horses, because we are taking the meaning of the word "Juggernaut" and really making it count. With a physical defense spread eclipses Aggron AND a special defense spread outmatching even Cramorant, this new Magcargo is an entirely new beast. It can take neutral hits like they're nothing, making several of the metagame's hardest hitters look pathetic. This gargantuan stat-spread must come at a cost though, and oh boy does it. Fire/Rock might be the single worst defensive typing in the metagame. A 70/180 physical defense spread could not allow Aggron to face OU, and despite itself having a mediocre typing, it certainly far outclasses Magcargo's. Just about every physical attacker in this metagame carries Earthquake, a move which renders these amazing defenses a moot point in a flash. It's special bulk is also impressive though, which makes it all the more important to remember that it also carries an immense vulnerability to incredibly common water moves. Swampert, Jellicent, Milotic, Cloyster and more can all ruthlessly end any hopes of defensive utility in moments with halfway decent water moves. And should you for some reason lack these things, Magcargo is still handleable. Passive damage destroys Magcargo. While it is immune to Sand, it cannot bear to take damage from Spikes and crumples quickly when under the effects of Toxic. This is mostly because of that Notable Omissions section: It's not that Magcargo is having these moves taken away from it, it's actually that in ADV, Magcargo doesn't even have access to them in the first place. But it's not all woe for this magma snail. It's defenses when taking neutral hits are astounding, and special attackers like Zapdos, Gengar, and Jirachi will have tons of trouble cracking it's massive defenses with any efficiency. It's role is as a midgame tank, with a notably special ability to easily handle enemy Explosions. And should it find itself in a position where it faces death, it can get a traditional last hurrah through Explosion or grant a teammate a setup opportunity through the devastating Memento.

My one big fear with this design is that it could be a bit too matchup reliant, a pokemon which falls flat in it's worst matchups and can look oppressive in it's best ones. I don't think these stats are overtuned for the metagame, but if bestowing upon this silly slug a Pseudo-Legend tiered BST is considered a design sin, then consider the stat-spread of 80/70/170/100/120/30 my submission instead.
sub compilation lets go!! (minus the veto'd ones)
Be Kind, Please Rewind: Flygon, Heal Order, Azumarill
Viable NFE: Scyther, Corvisquire (SV), Torracat
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Leavanny, Aurorus, Mr. Rime
Rags to Riches: Cacturne, Parasect, Weezing
New Gen Mythicals: Uxie, Necrozma
Non-Ice Hail teammate: Dusclops, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability: Analytic

Last edited:
Whoops. Perhaps I'll manage to finally make a full submission that doesn't have something illegal it the next time. Third time's a charm after all.

Reminder that Cratersmash's, NeonNitroGlycerin's, and Samtendo09's entries are at the bottom of last page. Have a good weekend everyone:

Be Kind, Please Rewind: Heal Order, Glaceon, Azumarill (SV)
Viable NFE: Shelgon, Scyther, Gligar
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Accelegor, Leavanny, Lunatone
Rags to Riches: Parasect, Masquerain (SV), Noctowl
New Gen Mythicals Necrozma, Phione, Uxie
Non-Ice Hail teammate: Whiscash, Poliwrath, Dusclops (SV)
Overshadowed Ability: Flower Veil, Snow Cloak, Spinda

Be Kind, Please Rewind: Heal Order, Mimikyu
Viable NFE: Vigoroth (SV), Shelgon, Scyther
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Mr. Rime, Frosmoth
Rags to Riches: Cacturne, Ditto (SV), Masquerain
New Gen Mythical: Phione
Non-Ice Hail Teammate: Whiscash, Poliwrath
Overshadowed Ability: Snow Cloak (SV), Galarian Weezing

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Be Kind, Please Rewind: Glaceon (SV), Eldegoss
Viable NFE: Torracat, Scyther, Gligar
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Mr. Rime (SV), Leavanny, Lunatone
Rags to Riches: Parasect, Weezing, Noctowl
New Gen Mythicals Necrozma, Phione, Uxie (SV)
Non-Ice Hail teammate: Whiscash, Poliwrath, Dusclops
Overshadowed Ability: Snow Cloak, Spinda

Be Kind, Please Rewind: Azumarill, Cobalion, Glaceon
Viable NFE: Torracat (SV), Seadra, Shelgon
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Leavanny, Accelgor, Aurorus
Rags to Riches: Parasect, Masquerain, Banette
New Gen Mythical/Legend: Phione (SV), Necrozma
Non-Ice Hail Teammate: Dusclops, Poliwrath, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability: Sand Force (SV), Spinda, Flower Veil

Be Kind, Please Rewind: Flygon, Weavile, Cobalion
Viable NFE: Torracat, Shelgon, Scyther (SV)
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Frosmoth, Mr. Rime, Lunatone
Rags to Riches: Noctowl, Weezing, Parasect
New Gen Mythicals: Phione, Necrozma, Uxie
Non-Ice Hail Teammate: Whishcash, Dusclops, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability: Water Veil, Snow Cloak, Sand Force

Be Kind,Please Rewind:Flygon,Cobalion(SV)
Viable NFE:Corvisquire,Gligar,Scyther
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Frosmoth, Mr. Rime, Lunatone
Rags to Riches: Noctowl, Weezing, Parasect
New Gen Mythicals: Phione, Necrozma, Uxie
Non-Ice Hail Teammate: Whishcash, Dusclops, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability: Water Veil, Snow Cloak, Sand Force

Be Kind, Please Rewind::Flygon:Flygon, Heal Order, Cobalion
Viable NFE::gligar:Gligar, Seadra, Torracat
Bad Typing Juggernaut::mr rime:Mr. Rime, Lunatone, Accelgor
Rags to Riches::parasect:Parasect, Masquerain, Stantler
New Gen Mythicals::Necrozma:Necrozma, Uxie, Phione
Non-Ice Hail teammate::poliwrath:Poliwrath, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability::Weezing-Galar:Neutralizing Gas, Water Veil, Analytic

Be Kind Please Rewind: Flygon
Viable NFE: Gligar, Shelgon, Seadra
Bad Typing Juggernaut: Magcargo, Lunatone, Frosmoth
Rags to Riches: Parasect, Masquerain, Noctowl
New Gen Mythicals: Uxie
Non-Ice Hail teammate: Whiscash, Dusclops, Drampa
Overshadowed Ability: Analytic, Flower Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)