AG Anything Goes Summer Seasonal - Round 2

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1609751315853.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Summer Seasonal! This seasonal is a Type A tournament and will be a part of the 2021 AG Tournament Circuit; the winner will be one step closer to claiming the coveted AG Circuit Champion banner! This is a double elimination tournament; it will most likely last around 12 weeks and should end sometime in October.

General tournament rules and guidelines are in effect; they can be found here.

Specific Rules:

• This is a standard Gen 8 Anything Goes tournament (not National Dex AG)
  • Matches are to be played on PS! or on the Smogtours server.
  • The format for this tournament is best of three, double elimination.
  • Replays are not required until the last couple of rounds, but you should save them in the case of a disagreement; it is the only way to settle disputes!
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
Round 2 pairings:

Winners Bracket:

Aberforth  vs  lotiasite
Bro Darkrai  vs  Snoms
Zayele  vs  Fc
AyMoosay  vs  Archiiiie17
Frito135  vs  Geysers
Chief Z  vs  chlo
AnnaMyers  vs  AssaultDestiny
Dockiva~~  vs  frogger1387
Trade  vs  Dinesh Raj Gujjula
FangFoe  vs  Inder
Nevelle  vs  Anique
SiTuM  vs  Crunchman
Skarph  vs  adsam
Shivam3299  vs  Royal1604
WSun1  vs  Bread Sandwich
beauts  vs  Swastik

Losers Bracket:

Nezloe  vs  please make me win
Rotten  vs  Fardin
AnubisQueen  vs  Bigsoontobeten
Eggs McGee  vs  Discoii
Farce Of The Death  vs  Xrlylyl
NB402141  vs  Paino
pannuracotta  vs  Mr.Bossaru
lepton  vs  Kaiser747898 (ext)
Quick top 500 tho  vs  rahul_3301
RuthlessDragon6  vs  BoticeMehSenpi
the blue pokemon trainer  vs  Coolcodename
cromagnet  vs  Azelea
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru  vs  Poobanans
ChibbetyChabo  vs  Sky of Doom
omicorio  vs  The gaming attack
Krishnakant Sharma  vs  Bye

highlight matches:
Zayele vs Fc
Frito135 vs Geysers
Shivam3299
vs Royal1604
Rotten vs Fardin
WSun1
vs Bread Sandwich

deadline is Sunday 15th August 11:59pm -4, gl everyone

extension deadline is Wednesday 11th 11:59pm -4

Last edited:
2 am predicts before anyone can rfn lets go

Winners Bracket:

Aberforth  vs  lotiasite: loti has a better grasp on the metagame than aberforth and should win this set. although both are good players
(winner of Bro Darkrai vs omicorio)  vs  Snoms: tough one, better metagame knowledge and experience goes to bro darkrai though.
Zayele  vs  Fc: best mu by far. should be really close as both are amazing galar players, although i think fc has the slightest edge here.
AyMoosay  vs  Archiiiie17: seen archie play before, giving them the advantage.
Frito135  vs  Geysers: why do i get another real player....
Chief Z  vs  chlo: chlo is the better player overall even if she hasn't played galar much.
AnnaMyers  vs  AssaultDestiny: AD has more experience in galar and i've seen them play more. should pull out another easy win.
Dockiva~~  vs  frogger1387: as good as frogger is, dock has way more experience in the meta and has a major advantage here.
Trade  vs  Dinesh Raj Gujjula: trade beat fardin
FangFoe  vs  (winner of Inder vs Kaiser747898): inder has fardin teams and is a good player
Nevelle  vs  (winner of Anique vs ChibbetyChabo): if theres a dialga nevelle wins
SiTuM  vs  Crunchman: okay this will be close. situm is a very compentent player but has very little experience in galar ag. Crunchman is 2-0 in agpl but i don't believe they are the better player overall. 50-50 for me.
Skarph  vs  adsam: goat
Shivam3299  vs  Royal1604: royal has been really impressive in galar overall, despite some shaky performances recently in agpl
WSun1  vs  (winner of NB402141 vs Bread Sandwich): i've seen will play a lot more recently, but never underestimate agl and his cheese
beauts  vs  Swastik: swastik knows the metagame much better and should have no issues here.

Losers Bracket:

Nezloe  vs  please make me win: i do not know either of these players very well and have not seen either play outside of ladder.
Rotten  vs  Fardin: surprising fardin lost r1, i expect him to take it a lot more seriously from here.
AnubisQueen  vs  Bigsoontobeten: don't feel like predicting for this.
Eggs McGee  vs  Discoii: discoii knows the meta better
Farce Of The Death  vs  Xrlylyl: i have literally never heard of either of these 2
(loser of NB402141 vs Bread Sandwich)  vs  Paino: I really don't want to predict for paino, but paino has played a lot more than nb recently and that gives him a very slight edge imo
pannuracotta  vs  Mr.Bossaru: pannu better hope theres no dialga involved
lepton  vs  (loser of Inder vs Kaiser747898): lepton played decently in agpl, should be able to make it past someone ive never seen before
Quick top 500 tho  vs  rahul_3301: rahul just needs to play a bit more and steal some teams from crobats cord.
RuthlessDragon6  vs  BoticeMehSenpi: seen boticemeh play more
the blue pokemon trainer  vs  Coolcodename: better player overall, from what ive seen in roomtouts
cromagnet  vs  Azelea: tierleader
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru  vs  Poobanans: sorry poob, but tttg should have this easily because of your marshspam
(loser of Anique vs ChibbetyChabo)  vs  Sky of Doom: i once again do not know anyone here
(loser of Bro Darkrai vs omicorio)  vs  The gaming attack: omi or bro darkrai probably have the edge if they end up here, but tga is a solid player so he'll put up a fight
Krishnakant Sharma  vs  Nael222: don't know either

Won in 3 ggs
Sincerest of apologies for the FRZ hax in g3
Idk why I'm writing this but I wanna write this, my WiFi was very bad [that's why I took the break after g2 to sort things out but it's shit anyways and didn't work.]. And ya the freeze hax sucked a lot lolz [not much on the Lunala, but a lot on the Eternatus haha], otherwise Ice Beam had only 8 PP left so I was left free to wall the Kyogre [Scarf hits almost like a noodle] with the Eternatus [Pressure + 12 of my Recover + Mystical Fire + Toxic], and then another QuickPass would have had been gege. Anyways, hax is hax and happens, can't control it lol [and can't control the net also :v] so yeah gege's [couldn't say that in the battle hehe], good luck in the future round(s).
I feel so bad, I let myself down lolz but yh xd. And sorry Frito, but your predicts are good asf, and shit, good luck for the losers round though.. <3
Good luck to legit everyone, don't get frozen. <3 <3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)