yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
C>G>F
D > B > E > A > F = G
C > B > F > other
C>D
D>F>Everything else
D>E=B>F>A>G>C
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is a tie between Tio Chico and TheKingKarp! congrats, your submissions will be added to the archive.
Week 46: Blacephalon
806[1].png

Blacephalon is an incredibly threatening wallbreaker and pretty much the posterchild pairing with Dragapult for Ghostspam. Possessing a solid speed tier, great stabs, and the next to no consistent defensive answers, it is only held back by its horrid bulk and rocks weakness.

You have until Monday to build teams based around Blacephalon.

:blacephalon: :melmetal: :landorus-therian: :dragapult: :weavile: :tapu-fini:
Click above for importable! ^^

I decided to build around Specs Blacephalon for this competition due to its strong wallbreaking potential and the ability to cripple its small pool of checks with Trick. Melmetal gives this team some breaking power on the physical side, while also having some nice defensive utility against mons such as Weavile. Lando-T is a great pick here for its role compression, I really like the electric immune + ground immune + rocker. I ended up really weak to Kartana which is the reason I am Earth Power Landorus on this team. The EVs always avoid a 2HKO from CB Kart after rocks, and always OHKOs back after rocks, and still has a decent chance without. Hex Pult seemed like a cool mon to fit here because it is a status spreader, a speed control mon, and it shares checks with Blacephalon. Weavile is my Knock Off user and just does Weavile things. Fini is my Urshifu-R check, speed control, and defogger for this team.

Dual Scarf Trick ft Tapu Fini

:Blacephalon: :Buzzwole: :Ferrothorn: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: :Weavile:

:Blacephalon: Starting with Blacephalon, initially Specs for simple raw damage reasons.
:Buzzwole: Buzzwole came next for the Ground and Dark resistances, this offensive set 1HKO Magnezone (Body Press standard) and Heatran max HP, presses Clefable enough to force Softboiled and has speed for Adamant Bisharp and Nature+ Arctozolt without Hail. HP enough for take 2 Smart Strike from CB Kartana and 1 Moonblast Clefable without effort.
:Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn defeats Magnezone with its own Iron Defense + Body Press, gives Water resistance and weakens Heatran to Blacephalon.
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian is Landorus-Therian, he's out there to do Landorus-Therian things among those, deal with others Landorus-Therian.
:Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini Scarf is so good in the current meta imo. Offensive presence with great defensive typing and Defog support, vital for Blacephalon.
:Weavile: Weavile is Psychic immunity and forcing some progress, removes items and has priority.
:Choice Scarf: In the end I was dissatisfied with Blacephalon's insufficient Speed to abuse Specs and switched to Scarf, mainly because the team was totally slower than Arctozolt on Hail, and Mind Blown Scarf is the raw power you'll want to abuse here.

Here you can see than you can click Mind Blown brainless. (Pun intentional, sorry for this clowning. Oops!...)
Blacephalon Shadow Fire Snowball win.

Far from my best performances and a slight tilt from losing a lot of 50/50 today but at least the team works, I think.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Corviknight::hippowdon::tapu fini::zeraora::blacephalon::garchomp:

Probably the second most consistent team I've ever built

Team starts of with Blacephalon for obvious reasons. Hits hard, makes Dragapult look weak, blah blah blah

To support Blacephalon is Tapu Fini. Blace has three major obstacles in the game, spdef Pex, spdef Ferrothorn and Blissey. These three would prevent you from spamming shadow ball as they can survive two so you need them out of the way. Fini does this beautifully as it baits them hard and straight up kills them. Trick is also not an option for me as one, you do not want Pex's sludge, two, you lose your firepower if you take Ferro's lefties and three, Blissey still walls you even if you have her boots. So, better to just get rid of them. Also blocks revenge kill attemps from Moistshifu and acts as a pseudo wall breaker thanks to nature's madness, which puts just about everything into Blacephalon murder range

The next issue is Fini's weakness to offensive grasses. This one is a no brainer so just slap in Corviknight to handle them and body press because don't bother fighting them when you can let a teammate do that for you

Zeraora is for the speed control and to put pressure on opposing Tapu Finis. In the event that Blacephalon does not get the chance to force Fini to eat its attacks, then something to pressure it is needed. Zera does that very well and can even prevent Dragapult from doing anything too cheesy while also revenge killing opposing Blacephalons

Garchomp is added to the team since it still needed a cleaner. When considering that Chomp is the most consistent at that role, I chose it. Yache berry is to ensure Weavile doesn't get any funny ideas and allows me to offensively check Arctozolt under hail, which I think is funny

Finally, the entire team was vulnerable to Koko and to a certain extent, Volcarona. Hail was still an issues so I didn't want to go Landorus so I picked Hippo instead. With the sand, it ensures that hail doesn't get too far out of hand, takes pressure off Fini to handle Heatran, still stuffs Koko and ensures that Zeraora cannot knock off Chomp's yache berry. Also aids in against Dragapult

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1400644480-lx5wrb1shnrqz87uvc6krt2rmvl1r3gpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1398672252-w8sdfpfhbs7d2hz7ro3e9w4bil5s2vwpw

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
:blacephalon::dragapult::tyranitar::landorus-therian::toxapex::corviknight:
double band core + scarf blace

i wanted to do a bit more of a fun take on this because i think blace cores can really be messed around. i knew pre much everybody here would likely post ghost spam stuff so i thought id take that idea and flip it a bit. everybody in there mom runs blace + pult, so i decided to go band pult in order to catch stuff like blissey that would typically come in on the two. i like ada because im not a coward, theres no functional advantage outside of that. band pult is incredibly fun to use, i like to use infiltrator on this team to catch kyurem and put a ton of pressure on ho but you can use clear body if youre not based. heatran seemed to be the most annoying for these two so i put on landorus. also helps with koko andgives me rocks. i put on corvipex because i lack creativity but needed stuff to further deal with things that would try to revenge kill these two like rilla or weav. pjab pex because i knew i was never fitting a fini check on this. payapa to get one time chip on lele (which actually helps a shit ton) since your lele check is mostly corvi. the last slot i knew i needed a dark to help vs psychic and ghost spam. i originally put weavile (which works fine) but i swapped to ttar for a couple reasons a) weavile is boring b) weavile is boring c) i didnt need the speed and i was kinda weak to torn, kyurem, pult, tran, opposing blace and corviclefpex cores. while weavile can pressure all of these, ttar offers more defensive utility to check these which i found was nice. im like 25-4 with this team on alt so its not bad at all, i only lost to me playing like garbage, ddpult and scarf kyurem when i was running modest scarf blace. final note, you can run modest scarf blace if you like, i swap between modest and timid a ton and found both to be fine. as always pex evs customizable, im running a spdef pexto make up for pult being kinda annoying.

Gomi

yep
Time to vote :blacephalon:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by Kalifguest22
:blacephalon: :melmetal: :landorus-therian: :dragapult: :weavile: :tapu-fini:
Click above for importable! ^^

I decided to build around Specs Blacephalon for this competition due to its strong wallbreaking potential and the ability to cripple its small pool of checks with Trick. Melmetal gives this team some breaking power on the physical side, while also having some nice defensive utility against mons such as Weavile. Lando-T is a great pick here for its role compression, I really like the electric immune + ground immune + rocker. I ended up really weak to Kartana which is the reason I am Earth Power Landorus on this team. The EVs always avoid a 2HKO from CB Kart after rocks, and always OHKOs back after rocks, and still has a decent chance without. Hex Pult seemed like a cool mon to fit here because it is a status spreader, a speed control mon, and it shares checks with Blacephalon. Weavile is my Knock Off user and just does Weavile things. Fini is my Urshifu-R check, speed control, and defogger for this team.

Team B by Roulette07

double fire core - this is the team I made using specs blachephalon

Team C by Tio Chico

Dual Scarf Trick ft Tapu Fini

:Blacephalon: :Buzzwole: :Ferrothorn: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: :Weavile:

:Blacephalon: Starting with Blacephalon, initially Specs for simple raw damage reasons.
:Buzzwole: Buzzwole came next for the Ground and Dark resistances, this offensive set 1HKO Magnezone (Body Press standard) and Heatran max HP, presses Clefable enough to force Softboiled and has speed for Adamant Bisharp and Nature+ Arctozolt without Hail. HP enough for take 2 Smart Strike from CB Kartana and 1 Moonblast Clefable without effort.
:Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn defeats Magnezone with its own Iron Defense + Body Press, gives Water resistance and weakens Heatran to Blacephalon.
:Landorus-Therian: Landorus-Therian is Landorus-Therian, he's out there to do Landorus-Therian things among those, deal with others Landorus-Therian.
:Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini Scarf is so good in the current meta imo. Offensive presence with great defensive typing and Defog support, vital for Blacephalon.
:Weavile: Weavile is Psychic immunity and forcing some progress, removes items and has priority.
:Choice Scarf: In the end I was dissatisfied with Blacephalon's insufficient Speed to abuse Specs and switched to Scarf, mainly because the team was totally slower than Arctozolt on Hail, and Mind Blown Scarf is the raw power you'll want to abuse here.

Here you can see than you can click Mind Blown brainless. (Pun intentional, sorry for this clowning. Oops!...)
Blacephalon Shadow Fire Snowball win.

Far from my best performances and a slight tilt from losing a lot of 50/50 today but at least the team works, I think.
Team D by Red Raven
:Corviknight::hippowdon::tapu fini::zeraora::blacephalon::garchomp:

Probably the second most consistent team I've ever built

Team starts of with Blacephalon for obvious reasons. Hits hard, makes Dragapult look weak, blah blah blah

To support Blacephalon is Tapu Fini. Blace has three major obstacles in the game, spdef Pex, spdef Ferrothorn and Blissey. These three would prevent you from spamming shadow ball as they can survive two so you need them out of the way. Fini does this beautifully as it baits them hard and straight up kills them. Trick is also not an option for me as one, you do not want Pex's sludge, two, you lose your firepower if you take Ferro's lefties and three, Blissey still walls you even if you have her boots. So, better to just get rid of them. Also blocks revenge kill attemps from Moistshifu and acts as a pseudo wall breaker thanks to nature's madness, which puts just about everything into Blacephalon murder range

The next issue is Fini's weakness to offensive grasses. This one is a no brainer so just slap in Corviknight to handle them and body press because don't bother fighting them when you can let a teammate do that for you

Zeraora is for the speed control and to put pressure on opposing Tapu Finis. In the event that Blacephalon does not get the chance to force Fini to eat its attacks, then something to pressure it is needed. Zera does that very well and can even prevent Dragapult from doing anything too cheesy while also revenge killing opposing Blacephalons

Garchomp is added to the team since it still needed a cleaner. When considering that Chomp is the most consistent at that role, I chose it. Yache berry is to ensure Weavile doesn't get any funny ideas and allows me to offensively check Arctozolt under hail, which I think is funny

Finally, the entire team was vulnerable to Koko and to a certain extent, Volcarona. Hail was still an issues so I didn't want to go Landorus so I picked Hippo instead. With the sand, it ensures that hail doesn't get too far out of hand, takes pressure off Fini to handle Heatran, still stuffs Koko and ensures that Zeraora cannot knock off Chomp's yache berry. Also aids in against Dragapult

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1400644480-lx5wrb1shnrqz87uvc6krt2rmvl1r3gpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1398672252-w8sdfpfhbs7d2hz7ro3e9w4bil5s2vwpw
Team E by Baloor
:blacephalon::dragapult::tyranitar::landorus-therian::toxapex::corviknight:
double band core + scarf blace

i wanted to do a bit more of a fun take on this because i think blace cores can really be messed around. i knew pre much everybody here would likely post ghost spam stuff so i thought id take that idea and flip it a bit. everybody in there mom runs blace + pult, so i decided to go band pult in order to catch stuff like blissey that would typically come in on the two. i like ada because im not a coward, theres no functional advantage outside of that. band pult is incredibly fun to use, i like to use infiltrator on this team to catch kyurem and put a ton of pressure on ho but you can use clear body if youre not based. heatran seemed to be the most annoying for these two so i put on landorus. also helps with koko andgives me rocks. i put on corvipex because i lack creativity but needed stuff to further deal with things that would try to revenge kill these two like rilla or weav. pjab pex because i knew i was never fitting a fini check on this. payapa to get one time chip on lele (which actually helps a shit ton) since your lele check is mostly corvi. the last slot i knew i needed a dark to help vs psychic and ghost spam. i originally put weavile (which works fine) but i swapped to ttar for a couple reasons a) weavile is boring b) weavile is boring c) i didnt need the speed and i was kinda weak to torn, kyurem, pult, tran, opposing blace and corviclefpex cores. while weavile can pressure all of these, ttar offers more defensive utility to check these which i found was nice. im like 25-4 with this team on alt so its not bad at all, i only lost to me playing like garbage, ddpult and scarf kyurem when i was running modest scarf blace. final note, you can run modest scarf blace if you like, i swap between modest and timid a ton and found both to be fine. as always pex evs customizable, im running a spdef pexto make up for pult being kinda annoying.

Deadline is in 2 days.

D > E > C > others

team A: 3 status spreader + tapu fini together made me sad
team B: i didn't try it, the lack of effort in the presentation put me off
team C: the team is very fun, but it is weak to volcanion and specs kyurem
team D: the team felt pretty solid
team E: love cbtar, i missed a spammable move on dragapult (phantom force over something?); i kinda feel it lacks something to force toxapex out

Gomi

yep
E > A > D > B > C
E > C
D = E > A > B
E > All
E > D > C > A > B
D > E > C > others
After putting in the votes, the winner for this week is Baloor! congrats, your submissions will be added to the archive.
Week 46: Tapu Bulu
787[1].png

Tapu bulu is a powerful wallbreaker with a great defensive typing that saw a sudden burst in success a month or two ago due to its stellar breaking capabilities when compared to its main competition, Rillaboom. Boasting great coverage in Stone Edge and Close Combat, alongside a regenerative stab in Horn Leech, Bulu has few defensive checks alongside its great team support in Grassy Terrain.

You have until Monday to build teams based around Tapu Bulu.​

05 - Bulu Bao

The only reason to use this 'mon over Rillaboom is defensively, no cap. Defensive Bulu is great as a definitive hard answer to Urshifu-R, can't be touched unless they're just better and opt for Poison Jab /s. It's also great as a soft answer to Koko, which struggles to break it without Specs, a rarity in current meta. There's enough speed to outpace Modest Magnezone on this set, which is nice but not required, you could theoretically opt for less speed and more attack but I'm lazy. Most of the stuff here is pretty standard terrain affair, I always go Stone Edge on Hawlucha for Zapdos, but Taunt and Sub are still viable. Defog is mandatory for Scarf Kartana imo, there's never a moment where I wish I had more coverage. Magnezone and Volcarona are perfectly standard. Swampert is an interesting tech I've liked for a while, you could replace it with any Ground rocker (Garchomp in particular), but I enjoy having the extra defensive check for Heatran on top of pivoting pressure, which is usually a choice you have to make regarding Lando vs Chomp... so uh, yeah.

:tapu bulu: :melmetal: :dragapult: :swampert: :corviknight: :tornadus-therian:

BO built from bulu+melmetal core. melmetal likes grassy terrain and helps bulu by breaking pex, corvi, clef etc. also they provide defensive utility vs shifu/zera and hail/dark types, respectively. yache berry bulu helps with arctozolt, mamoswine and random ice beams. I chose high horsepower over superpower because ferrothorn isn't a big issue and is more effective against magnezone. pult is the primary speed control and hits hard with specs, also has good sinergy with bulu and melmetal with the switch in opportunities against fairy, dark and steel types. swamp+corvi is goated in grassy terrain as a double pivot core that provides rocks+defog and ground+electric immunity. yawn>toxic to force switches and capitalize on momentum with flip turn. focus punch is also an option to deal big damage to stuff like ferrothorn on the switch. bulky nasty plot torn-t closes off the team as a secondary grass spam check which relieves pressure off corviknight when facing GrassMag. knock off helps softening mainly steel types but also aids pult in the effort of breaking through tyranitar, heatran and blissey. slash cause I don't want to miss and can also flinch. heat wave for non-heatran steel types and grass since air slash doesn't always ohko kart from full. torn-t compensates the team's mild weakness with tangrowth and buzzwole.

Last edited:

BO built from bulu+melmetal core. melmetal likes grassy terrain and helps bulu by breaking pex, corvi, clef etc. also they provide defensive utility vs shifu/zera and hail/dark types, respectively. yache berry bulu helps with arctozolt, mamoswine and random ice beams. I chose high horsepower over superpower because ferrothorn isn't a big issue and is more effective against magnezone. pult is the primary speed control and hits hard with specs, also has good sinergy with bulu and melmetal with the switch in opportunities against fairy, dark and steel types. swamp+corvi is goated in grassy terrain as a double pivot core that provides rocks+defog and ground+electric immunity. yawn>toxic to force switches and capitalize on momentum with flip turn. focus punch is also an option to deal big damage to stuff like ferrothorn on the switch. bulky nasty plot torn-t closes off the team as a secondary grass spam check which relieves pressure off corviknight when facing GrassMag. knock off helps softening mainly steel types but also aids pult in the effort of breaking through tyranitar, heatran and blissey. slash cause I don't want to miss and can also flinch. heat wave for non-heatran steel types and grass since air slash doesn't always ohko kart from full. torn-t compensates the team's mild weakness with tangrowth and buzzwole.
really cool team
i would consider assault vest on melmetal to improve the mu vs special threats, especially dragapult, kyurem and fthrower clefable
why 401 speed to dragapult? isn't it better to just get to 396 and put the rest into hp?

really cool team
i would consider assault vest on melmetal to improve the mu vs special threats, especially dragapult, kyurem and fthrower clefable
why 401 speed to dragapult? isn't it better to just get to 396 and put the rest into hp?
Thank you!
I like how the pads set pressures corviknight/pex for bulu but I can try av, for sure. Might need to change to a more offensive bulu though, I don't want to lose breaking power
As for Dragapult's speed, it gives me an indicator about opposing pults speed with grassy terrain: if I heal first I'm 100% faster, if not I'm 100% slower, because no one uses this speed tier. The EVs are slightly wrong because initially it was HDB so I maximised grassy terrain recovery while still outspeeding Koko, but I changed it to specs and it takes rocks now so I forgot to take away 4 EVs from hp

Last edited:
Thank you!
I like how the pads set pressures corviknight/pex for bulu but I can try av, for sure. Might need to change to a more offensive bulu though, I don't want to lose breaking power
As for Dragapult's speed, it gives me an indicator about opposing pults speed with grassy terrain: if I heal first I'm 100% faster, if not I'm 100% slower, because no one uses this speed tier. The EVs are slightly wrong because initially it was HDB so I maximised grassy terrain recovery while still outspeeding Koko, but I changed it to specs and it takes rocks now so I forgot to take away 4 EVs from hp
i definitely noted the utility in pressuring corvi/pex with the twave set using the team, and it's extremely useful for bulu, so maybe you just gotta outplay those special threats
interesting stuff regarding dpult, but it seems a little narrow giving away "free" bulk for this, since it's pretty uncommon to have dpult vs dpult (while also having grassy terrain up)
very interesting meteorless set btw, i was skeptical at first but it makes total sense here

i definitely noted the utility in pressuring corvi/pex with the twave set using the team, and it's extremely useful for bulu, so maybe you just gotta outplay those special threats
interesting stuff regarding dpult, but it seems a little narrow giving away "free" bulk for this, since it's pretty uncommon to have dpult vs dpult (while also having grassy terrain up)
very interesting meteorless set btw, i was skeptical at first but it makes total sense here
i dont like draco meteor with all the tapus, steels and clef roaming around. pump hits ttar and tran which helps torn-t a lot. flamethrower pressures steels, tang and buzzwole so yeah draco naturally dropped from the set.

i can see your argument about pult's speed, but i'd still keep the hp below the next stealth rock threshold; i would rather put those few extra evs into def or spdef (maybe def for urshifu and zeraora's knock off). and I would still go for 397 but that's me wanting to be fine in that very low chance scenario.

torn-t actually helps this team a lot because it takes away pressure from both corvi and bulu to check stuff, for example grasses and urshifu. i would love to fit taunt into the set but knock is so important. nasty plot works great here as well. speaking of knock, tornt will always take off a helmet from pex or corvi in a game, so maybe pads aren't needed on melmetal and I could go full offensive sd+3 attacks pads bulu because I still have pult and torn-t as checks to shifu (tbolt>pump on pult is a shout as well) and use a bulky melmetal, maybe protox to abuse terrain recovery, or a wierd twave + 3 attacks with important special defense investment. fitting toxic on melmetal, torn-t or swampert could be useful to combat zapdos, because if faster than bulu that thing is annoying af to this team.

:tapu-bulu: :heatran: :toxapex: :hippowdon: :weavile: :corviknight:
Click the sprites for an importable!

I chose to build around the standard SD Bulu spread from the analysis because it is a great wallbreaker against a lot of teams which rely on Torn-T or Zapdos as their grass resist. I chose to partner this Pokémon with an offensive Heatran because it appreciates the water, ground, and fighting resists from Bulu, and it also pressures Bulu's checks such as Corviknight and Tangrowth. I feel like an offensive set would work well on this build because with Grassy Terrain, Nature Power is an option which lets Heatran heavily damage some of its Grass-weak checks such as Swampert, and Gastrodon. You can even opt for Flame Body on this team to have a chance of burning Arctozolt. Toxapex is an itemless set here because I was desperate for a Weavile check. It can also help pivot around Poltergeist users such as Marowak-Alola when facing a Trick Room team. Hippo is here for a volt switch immunity and a Heatran check. You could honestly go with Stealth Rock or even Rock Slide over Whirlwind or Toxic to have a secondary hazard setter, or to be a backup Volcarona check, respectively. Weavile is the second Swords Dance user on this team, and can act as a ghost resist in a pinch. Lastly, Corviknight is the hazard removal and check to opposing grasses for the team. I went with Body Press to be more effective at checking Kartana.

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
eeeeeeeeeeee :tapu bulu:

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission.

Team A by blametheblax
05 - Bulu Bao

The only reason to use this 'mon over Rillaboom is defensively, no cap. Defensive Bulu is great as a definitive hard answer to Urshifu-R, can't be touched unless they're just better and opt for Poison Jab /s. It's also great as a soft answer to Koko, which struggles to break it without Specs, a rarity in current meta. There's enough speed to outpace Modest Magnezone on this set, which is nice but not required, you could theoretically opt for less speed and more attack but I'm lazy. Most of the stuff here is pretty standard terrain affair, I always go Stone Edge on Hawlucha for Zapdos, but Taunt and Sub are still viable. Defog is mandatory for Scarf Kartana imo, there's never a moment where I wish I had more coverage. Magnezone and Volcarona are perfectly standard. Swampert is an interesting tech I've liked for a while, you could replace it with any Ground rocker (Garchomp in particular), but I enjoy having the extra defensive check for Heatran on top of pivoting pressure, which is usually a choice you have to make regarding Lando vs Chomp... so uh, yeah.
Team B by SLDR

Team C by Kalifguest22

:tapu-bulu: :heatran: :toxapex: :hippowdon: :weavile: :corviknight:
Click the sprites for an importable!

I chose to build around the standard SD Bulu spread from the analysis because it is a great wallbreaker against a lot of teams which rely on Torn-T or Zapdos as their grass resist. I chose to partner this Pokémon with an offensive Heatran because it appreciates the water, ground, and fighting resists from Bulu, and it also pressures Bulu's checks such as Corviknight and Tangrowth. I feel like an offensive set would work well on this build because with Grassy Terrain, Nature Power is an option which lets Heatran heavily damage some of its Grass-weak checks such as Swampert, and Gastrodon. You can even opt for Flame Body on this team to have a chance of burning Arctozolt. Toxapex is an itemless set here because I was desperate for a Weavile check. It can also help pivot around Poltergeist users such as Marowak-Alola when facing a Trick Room team. Hippo is here for a volt switch immunity and a Heatran check. You could honestly go with Stealth Rock or even Rock Slide over Whirlwind or Toxic to have a secondary hazard setter, or to be a backup Volcarona check, respectively. Weavile is the second Swords Dance user on this team, and can act as a ghost resist in a pinch. Lastly, Corviknight is the hazard removal and check to opposing grasses for the team. I went with Body Press to be more effective at checking Kartana.

Deadlines in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)