Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

FELLAS

I know it's a Legends screenshot... but they referenced Darach. The dream is not dead, THE DREAM IS NOT DEAD
This you?

Aight, PSA time. Dunno if anyone in this thread needs to hear it, but I figure it can't possibly be harmful.

Dear Frontier fans: Look, I get it. This feature meant a lot to you, it had a lot of cool stuff in it that didn't deserve the boot (Dahlia :pleading_face:). After so many other fan dreams like following Pokemon as a series staple and an open world Sinnoh game got fulfilled, it's frustrating that 7 years of sustained whining feedback about ORAS' failure to keep the Emerald Frontier fell on deaf ears.

But god damnit people, PLEASE STOP THE COPE. I'm seeing these utterly insane denial-fueled mutterings like "Oh the map is probably hiding it like the Platinum one!" or "Haha but what if the facilities are INSIDE the Tower as different floors?" and it's like. No. The former argument is total nonsense cuz it fails to consider that Platinum's map hid the Frontier with trees, not by deliberately drawing an accurate recreation of the DP Battle Tower site in an active attempt to make the game appear as if it had less content. And if I have to explain how laughable the latter argument is, you're probably already too far gone.

I'm not writing all this to act smug about foreseeing the obvious (last time thread was open I said Frontier had a chance but before this Presents came up I woke up and changed my mind). I'm writing this for you guys' sake. You're only hurting yourselves by not accepting the end. You don't gotta like it, you just gotta acknowledge that's how it is.

While the thread was locked, it was confirmed that the Union Room is always accessible from anywhere using the Y button.

I figured walking would be unlocked at Amity Square, but I didn't expect them to keep the restriction, though I guess it was either that or removing the discrimination NPC.

Poffin making looks pretty similar to curry in hindsight.

It seems like DP gyms are here to stay and Gardenia will still have Grass Knot as a TM. The Japanese trailer has an extra shot of Staravia using Wing Attack, which has a very fast transition from animation to damage.

The website has an additional section on the Features page about day to day differences. Chatot is shown.
1632841730294.png
1632841773411.png

Based on the Bulbapedia seal/sticker page, this is showing the Monday and Tuesday inventory respectively, with Line seals becoming Ribbon seals. I think this is also the first time we see this bag icon in a shop with highlighted pockets.

Some returning poketch apps were shown, including the Memo pad, Dowsing machine, and Friendship checker.
1632841833452.png

1632841864223.png

1632841873162.png

A picture of Dialga and Palkia in battle was added to the story page, which looks pretty close to the original battle background.
1632841977237.png
1632841987647.png

This is nothing but a myth. Even with Gen 5's scaling Exp, the modern Exp. Share is counterproductive to the old one's original purpose of helping one weaker mon to passively catch up.

There is a very simple reason for that. Everyone else is still gaining Exp. (And leveling up at different rates anyway, I might add, because Exp. Groups are also a top-tier boneheaded idea.)

When you need to power grind, it's great, no doubt about it, but if we're being honest, the game needs both and the old-style Exp. Share should be available quickly so it doesn't fall into the same pitfall it used to fall into, namely being too late to be of any use.

Also, the fact that the current Exp. Share is literally forced upon the player is a horrendous decision that needs to be rolled back ASAP.

Because only 6 mons get to show up at the Hall of Fame.
After I had to rotate over 12 mons to break even with USUM's curve, I realized that it felt like I didn't really remember using half of them. When my team turns into a bunch of faceless mooks because I got too many mons on it, it's a problem.

You fail to see the issue because of a subjective opinion, you like to use a dozen mons, not everyone is the same.

That's... not true? We have several minutes worth of footage with it nowhere in sight. I guess you can have the option to hide it (which is great btw).

You even posted that breathtaking Spear Pillar pic and it's not there!

btw, wow, SP looks AMAZING.

Nah, the worst is Fantina's Gym in DP...

Oh god no. They're not bringing THAT back, are they?
I agree on the Exp. Share being optional (you should be able to turn it off, that is), but I'm still convinced the actual Exp. Share is the way to go, namely because the Pokémon games I've enjoyed the most in the last years, all of them share one thing in common: they give u plenty of oportunities to level up your mons in no time and also have level restriction, thus encouraging the player in the making of more versatile teams and affording to present greater challenges, normaly as gym leaders or key trainers.

I've failed to find a single real reason as to why this method is inferior to the old Exp. Share. To me it's clear as day: give me the actual Exp. Share, but with the option to turn it off (I'd never) + level restriction related to medals obtained. This is how a few of the greatest fanmades ever made work, and since I'm talking not from the viewpoint of hyphotesis, but I've experienced it's impact in the game in a practical sense, I know it's far superior to the old Exp. Share, but for it to work, again, it needs the level restriction.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hey just because Frontier is not a game-saving personal priority doesn't mean it wouldn't be pretty dope :p

Im just saying that going out of your way to visually reference a character from a beloved side-feature in a game that's clearly meant to be a companion piece to the remake of the game with said side feature only to not include it would certainly be a choice, especially after you already got into hot water for a similar tease in a previous game ("The Battle Frontier project has started!")

I agree on the Exp. Share being optional (you should be able to turn it off, that is), but I'm still convinced the actual Exp. Share is the way to go, namely because the Pokémon games I've enjoyed the most in the last years, all of them share one thing in common: they give u plenty of oportunities to level up your mons in no time and also have level restriction, thus encouraging the player in the making of more versatile teams and affording to present greater challenges, normaly as gym leaders or key trainers.

I've failed to find a single real reason as to why this method is inferior to the old Exp. Share. To me it's clear as day: give me the actual Exp. Share, but with the option to turn it off (I'd never) + level restriction related to medals obtained. This is how a few of the greatest fanmades ever made work, and since I'm talking not from the viewpoint of hyphotesis, but I've experienced it's impact in the game in a practical sense, I know it's far superior to the old Exp. Share, but for it to work, again, it needs the level restriction.
Since this is rather off-topic, I won't drag this further, but to summarize the point, regarding old vs. new exp. share...

I figured walking would be unlocked at Amity Square, but I didn't expect them to keep the restriction, though I guess it was either that or removing the discrimination NPC.
I don't know if the restriction is necessarily there. They definitely showed the cute pokemon primarily but technically there's nothing saying it's ONLY cute Pokemon (& starters)
Even on the website it is just " Amity Square in Hearthome City is a relaxing place where you can spend time with your Pokémon. "

Incidentally

Torchic in the amity square artwork (Also a shroomish, hey shroomish), so presumably we'll be able to get that some how. Maybe post game underground?

Im just saying that going out of your way to visually reference a character from a beloved side-feature in a game that's clearly meant to be a companion piece to the remake of the game with said side feature only to not include it would certainly be a choice, especially after you already got into hot water for a similar tease in a previous game ("The Battle Frontier project has started!")
So, for rather obvious reasons, the Frontier is not going to be on Legends. As for BDSP, it's been thoroughly debunked with any possible place where it'd be being systematically rendered unviable.

So yeah, they did that. As for the repercussion, I believe you already know what to expect. :mehowth:

Thank goodness for Pokétch being more like the Poké Rides.

That being said...

View attachment 374886

They did not learn a single thing from this, right?
Same as always I suppose. Including the ways that we'll inevitably work around it. :mehowth:

Torchic in the amity square artwork (Also a shroomish, hey shroomish), so presumably we'll be able to get that some how. Maybe post game underground?
I'm hopeful this is pointing towards two-way communication with HOME; would be disappointed if BDSP turned out to be like LGPE in that regard.

Youre not wrong, it really shouldn't be the solution. But it is an option, especially for people like me who don't feel like waiting to get something

But still I don't know why this stuff exists
Flavor, variety. If you asked them directly probably throw in some answers about ~immersion~ and encouraing trading (I only play during the nigth time! I only play during the day time!! Wow let's trade pokemon)

I don't know if the restriction is necessarily there. They definitely showed the cute pokemon primarily but technically there's nothing saying it's ONLY cute Pokemon (& starters)
Even on the website it is just " Amity Square in Hearthome City is a relaxing place where you can spend time with your Pokémon. "
1632843413105.png

The NPC said this in the trailer, though it could just be flavour text now.

The japanese website has deconfirmed multiplayer poffin cooking based on the note at the end, but also says you can add 4 berries and make good poffins yourself to compensate. It also shows some more UI elements, though English versions exist from the press photos/serebii.
1632843555647.png
1632843561983.png

The Japanese website also points out the Shellos differences on their Mt. Coronet page.

View attachment 374889
The NPC said this in the trailer, though it could just be flavour text now.

The japanese website has deconfirmed multiplayer poffin cooking based on the note at the end, but also says you can add 4 berries and make good poffins yourself to compensate. It also shows some more UI elements, though English versions exist from the press photos/serebii.
View attachment 374891View attachment 374892

The Japanese website also points out the Shellos differences on their Mt. Coronet page.
Truly Pokemon is an expert about being as confusing as possible with extremely straightforward information

Dp teams instead of pt is a bit of an L but an L that was expected from the release of oras and the fact it used rs teams so not something im really annoyed about.

This isnt a bdsp complaint but poffins are kinda ugly. Maybe its because this is the first time I'm seeing them properly in Glorious 3d but I do not like them LOLOL

Also @ exp discussion early: just have an item called exp stone or whatever that boosts exp to holder and keep gen 7 exp share. Ez

Flavor, variety. If you asked them directly probably throw in some answers about ~immersion~ and encouraing trading (I only play during the nigth time! I only play during the day time!! Wow let's trade pokemon)
Pretty much. It is a somewhat neat in-game event to spice things up.

Bro, this game looks so good.

I'd normally post this in the "little things you like" thread, but that would be kinda spoilerish.

BDSP is directly addressing a LOT of OG DP's flaws, this is excellent for a remake. As you know, one of the criticisms about HGSS is that it didn't really tackle the glaring issues with Johto, but BDSP is just going the extra mile to improve everything that was a problem in the originals.

The list of things that I wanted from Plat to be in the Sinnoh Remakes is starting to get a bit too thin.

Right now, the biggest losses I can think of are No Plat Fantina (RIP Queen, you'll be missed.), No Battle Frontier (As expected, really), and no Distortion World (Which frankly was cool, but not really a dealbreaker.)

I'm waiting for confirmation of what to expect from Post-Game, but even with just the info we have rn, this is looking like an extremely solid game.

How can you tell? Roark and Gardenia's teams were largely the same between the 2, the big deviations don't come until the latter half of the game
I am insane and for some reason thought that the trailer was using the dp team for gardenia because roserade was sent first

I am insane and for some reason thought that the trailer was using the dp team for gardenia because roserade was sent first
That IS insane, she starts with Cherubi in DP lol.

Roark was shown to have a Geodude (which he has in both games) with Rollout (Whitney PTSD kicks in) and Cranidos.

I think they're hiding any bigger changes, but let's be honest, we know they ain't doing Flint dirty like that again LMAO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)