Smeargle's Draw This In Your Own Style!

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
(Approved by tiki)

Draw this in your own style!

Hey artists, crafters and talented people alike! It’s time for a special event called Draw this in your own style!

What is an art style you may ask? An art style is the way an artist portrays their work. You may see something that’s very abstract, realistic or cartoonish. These are all styles. Styles are ever-developing components are art. As you keep going, you’ll develop it. Some artists even have several unique styles that they can use for different things!

Here is a really good document that I recommend checking out! https://aminoapps.com/c/art/page/blog/art-styles/dmhb_u21rKE06Xq7XoKYzgzponbavG
Some examples of style:

1629507744540.png

By @sensitivesakana
1629507840744.png

By TomatoBunn on SketchMob

1629507953484.png

By Teoman Mete Cakici

Here's how the event works:
- Type in to join
- I, the host will reach out to you through a Smogon conversation, where you'll submit an artwork you've made (you don't need to make something specifically for this event, just anything you've done before)
- The art pieces must be Pokemon, or Pokemon-related
- After this, you will in return receive someone else's submissions, and draw it in your own style within 2 weeks (The time may be extended if necessary)
- Please keep these anonymous so it’s a surprise for everyone!

Draw it in your own style means no matter what piece you get, you can do it digitally or traditionally. Do what you do. If you use a certain restriction of colours, change the colours. If your style consists of certain poses, you change the poses.
Everyone is free to join, even if you don't feel you're amazing or consistent, draw in the style you usually do!
But the most important rule: Have fun~

Signup deadline: 27th August
Submission deadline: 29th September

Last edited:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Draw this in your own style!

Hey hey, signup phase is over! For now, the following people will be participating, I may allow last second signups within the next hour.
I will add your name to the participants list in this case.
Participants:

An additional few things you will need to know if you are participating:

- I will open up a Smogon Conversation with each of you in private and pm a set of questions. All you need to do is answer yes, or no.
- After this, I will ask you to dm me your chosen piece.
- I will distribute these pieces using a random wheel. However, certain people may not be given certain pieces to do if they struggle with aspects of it based on the questions.
- It'll be done in an art trade style, you will be giving the same person who works on your piece their piece, if there are an odd number of participants, a three way trade may happen
- Once I distribute all the art, the submission deadline will be set
- Keep it anonymous. Trust me, you'll enjoy it more when you get the surprise!

I'm glad so many of you are interested in the event! When I mail this out to you, don't feel afraid to ask as many questions as you need. I'm happy to answer them so it can be enjoyable as possible c:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
Sorry for the long wait, had to get everyone's responses! You will all be receiving the art you must draw soon. I have increased the potential deadline from 2 weeks to 3 weeks for those of you who don't have too much time or are busy. The deadline will be the 29th of September.
An extra week is also added just in case someone is unable to complete theirs, but if all submissions are received earlier, they may be shown earlier.
I will be getting to each of you later today with the piece you have been assigned. Tagging you all to let you know:

Wet Kisser
DreamPrince
blce
cleffa
scorbunnys
Zephyri
capsav
Albatross
Fusion Flare
RavioliQueen
monomite
b-torterra
Magnum
Gravity Monkey

Last edited:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
Not me taking an hour to format this

Hey hey! Sorry for the long wait, but all the pieces have now been compiled, I'm glad to say they're all extremely astounding pieces. I really loved all of them and I'm very excited to share what you guys have done:

Capsav and Zephyri:

by Capsav for Zephyri:
DTIYS by capsav
1633464553816.png

Original by Zephyri

1633464603585.png

by Zephyri for Capsav
DTIYS by Zephyri
1633464833915.png

Original by capsav

1633464859696.png

RavioliQueen and Monomite:

by RavioliQueen for Monomite:
DTIYS by RavioliQueen
1633465040447.png

Original by
monomite

1633465134284.png

by Monomite for RavioliQueen
monomite's piece had to be slightly compressed but RavioliQueen has received the full image on Discord!
DTIYS by monomite
Mono-min.png

Original by
RavioliQueen
1633465838182.png

Albatross and WetKisser:

by Albatross for WetKisser:
DTIYS by Albatross
1633466036685.png

Original by Wet Kisser
(Cropped- File size too large)
wk.png

by WetKisser for Albatross:
DTIYS by Wet Kisser

Original by Albatross

1633466656773.png

Cleffa and Magnum:

by Magnum for Cleffa
DTIYS by Magnum
1633466749136.png

Original by
cleffa

1633466766553.png

by Cleffa for Magnum:
DTIYS by cleffa
1633466992803.png

Original by Magnum

1633466888788.png

DreamPrince and Scorbunnys

by Scorbunnys for DreamPrince
DTIYS by scorbunnys
1633477732775.png

Original by
DreamPrince

1633477776757.png

by DreamPrince for Scorbunnys
DTIYS by DreamPrince
1633478840829.jpeg

Original by
scorbunnys

1633478245984.png

Blce and b-torterra

by Blce for b-torterra
DTIYS by blce
1633479071665.png

Original by b-torterra

1633479055878.png

by b-torterra for Blce
DTIYS by b-torterra
1633480080214.png

Original by blce

1633480064821.png

Fusion Flare and Gravity Monkey

by Fusion Flare for Gravity Monkey
DTIYS by Fusion Flare
1633480378405.png

Original by
Gravity Monkey

1633480323892.png

by Gravity Monkey for Fusion Flare
DTIYS by Gravity Monkey
1633480697183.png

Original by
Fusion Flare
1633480754938.png

Amazing art everyone :D

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Really fun project! Hope we can do something like this again. scorbunnys, may I offer some constructive criticism ? When doing a character design, try to give your character several poses and expressions. One problem I had with your Fakemon ( I don't know the name ) is that the character had no sense of mass or the creature was intended for 2D or 3D work . As a result, I wasn't sure how much muscle I should give to the creature, which is why the end result ended up looking up like flying carpet. Normally, I could look up a Pokemon's model if it was a real Pokémon, but since unique design with no other reference in the world, I had do with the info given to me, and since this was a complete 2D drawing with no depth or definition of mass for any body part, I could only draw a flat 2D creature.

My suggestion is to draw several poses with your character defining their mass and their physical capabilities, alongside some expressions for personality. An actual tip from the character design industry: Character Design and Animation Industry: Character Design is more than just drawing a cool character. You need to define the character's mass, how they walk, their physical capabilities, and expressions to name a few. Remember, someone is going to be animating the character for you. If they don't have all this information, the end result is gonna be far from what you expected.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
capsav DUDE i love the piece so much, tysm!!! it's a fucking amazing interpretation of a piece that doesnt have a lot of elements to artistically implement and your take on it was super clever; sorry if i gave you a hard time with this one haha.

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Really fun project! Hope we can do something like this again. scorbunnys, may I offer some constructive criticism ? When doing a character design, try to give your character several poses and expressions. One problem I had with your Fakemon ( I don't know the name ) is that the character had no sense of mass or the creature was intended for 2D or 3D work . As a result, I wasn't sure how much muscle I should give to the creature, which is why the end result ended up looking up like flying carpet. Normally, I could look up a Pokemon's model if it was a real Pokémon, but since unique design with no other reference in the world, I had do with the info given to me, and since this was a complete 2D drawing with no depth or definition of mass for any body part, I could only draw a flat 2D creature.

My suggestion is to draw several poses with your character defining their mass and their physical capabilities, alongside some expressions for personality. An actual tip from the character design industry: Character Design and Animation Industry: Character Design is more than just drawing a cool character. You need to define the character's mass, how they walk, their physical capabilities, and expressions to name a few. Remember, someone is going to be animating the character for you. If they don't have all this information, the end result is gonna be far from what you expected.
Thank you for the recommendations! I'll surely take them into account :blobnom:
Edit: Oh yeah and the name of the fakemon is Tigeraku.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)