Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

So been thinking about the battle music for a bit, and while I've got a decent memory for things we've seen in videos I am pretty bad at remembering context for sounds

Which leads me to: have we seen any gameplay, from official sources, that had the actual music & sound effects playing in it that had the "new" music that plays all the time in the trailers *and also* was not already playing before the clip in question was shared.

I guess I want to ask what you guys think about the leaks. Are you satisfied with what was shown?
It's about what I expected. I'm still bummed about how stringent the game with DP stuff, but it's whatever at this point.
The movesets and item usages on the bosses is interesting
I like the little chibi models in motion
I'm curious what specifically is going on at Ramanas Park (I am guessing it's just some backlot styled thing to get more pokemon per day? Maybe they roam around like the underground? Who knows.)

There's other misc questions that will probably need to wait for the game to be in more hands and dataminers and junk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qpn10u
Anyone know what mon is this? Looks like Floaroma.
Ramanas Park maybe?
I'd check the maps for the Town & Meadow but serebii doesnt do that for pokeearth and bulbapedia is having a fit right now.

Nice to see a place where conversation on BDSP is actually constructive and not unbearably toxic. Going onto Twitter right now is like walking into a warzone (though i guess that's to be expected from twitter lol).

Staying on topic, I wanna talk about the leaks. Just remember that Centro was also the group that told us to "keep our expectations for the Pokemon Presents video very very low" in August and said the Switch Pro was "being announced tomorrow or today" months ago. I stopped believing them a long time ago, and it's clear if you scroll through their tweets for more than half a nanosecond that they're obviously part of that "fuck bdsp even though the game isn't out yet lolol" hive mind, so when they say "No new forms, moves, megas, characters, events, or anything so far," I have my suspicions about that. Of course I'm not expecting megas to return, but a guy can hope, right?

I guess I want to ask what you guys think about the leaks. Are you satisfied with what was shown?
because of centro's obvious bias against bdsp, i have reason to believe that they may or may not be hiding potentially cool stuff. they clearly have access to tons of insider information, so they're fully able to share it if they want to, and i have a feeling that they're choosing not to
I'm satisfied with the enemy trainer teams so far (we'll need to see more though before I can say for sure). The level curve and walking Pokemon raising affection is a turn off (even though this was present in LGPE, I wasn't a fan of it there either). I like the graphics and music when it's not placeholder midis (though I am starting to ironically enjoy them hehe). Despite being my least favorite game in the series, Diamond was my first Pokemon game and the graphics and music of this game perfectly recapture the original feeling of the DS games while breathing a hefty dose of new life into the games in a way that static sprites and early DS music really could never accomplish.

I am disappointed that Megas aren't in, but in all fairness, its mostly for competitive reasons. I would have liked Megas to be postgame anyways since they can be a bit broken in single player. The only battle Facility I really miss is the Battle Factory. The other Facilities were OK, but normally I just played the battle tower.

I still think that there is still a lot we don't know about, like how the Underground works. I think that might make or break the game for me since it would make the game a lot like SwSh where you can get a diverse team of 6 really early on. It also brings back fond memories of when I would hack Diamond to catch Pokemon like Squirtle and other Sinnoh Starters that weren't normally available haha.

I'm not taking it as absolute fact but I'm also not immediately dismissing it. Recall that the Crown Tundra made Keldeo normally obtainable ingame. Seems to be a trend for them these days to gradually strip old Mythicals of their event exclusivity, since, let's face it, there's a lot of them these days.
On the other hand, it being a literal "here, take this" mon early-game is definitely not likely.

Has there been any confirmation/deconfirmation that moves like Hidden Power and Pursuit are back in the game? You get the former extremely early and I would like to get my hopes crushed sooner rather than later.
We know that the snapped moves from SWSH have no bearing on what's in BDSP since Return/Faint Attack are back, and there's a statue of Unown plus the whole Unown ruin area so it's probably in the game unless they give Unown a new move, but there's been no direct confirmation.

We know that the snapped moves from SWSH have no bearing on what's in BDSP since Return/Faint Attack are back, and there's a statue of Unown plus the whole Unown ruin area so it's probably in the game unless they give Unown a new move, but there's been no direct confirmation.
I've said it before, maybe on another forum, but BDSP confirmed my theory that, like the Pokemon themselves, that none of the snapped moves are gone forever, they are merely rotated. That now explains why Home not only doesn't delete moves not in Sword and Shield for you, but even has a movedex of sorts that you can complete that includes all of the snapped moves.

I've said it before, maybe on another forum, but BDSP confirmed my theory that, like the Pokemon themselves, that none of the snapped moves are gone forever, they are merely rotated. That now explains why Home not only doesn't delete moves not in Sword and Shield for you, but even has a movedex of sorts that you can complete that includes all of the snapped moves.
Also the SWSH DLC even unsnapped a bunch of moves on their own like Kinesis and the legendary moves, and the data is still there anyway.

Also Jirachi is confirmed, probably postgame since it's the same guy. It mentions the Wishing Star which is interesting because it probably means the Gen 8 item...
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qpompa

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Also the SWSH DLC even unsnapped a bunch of moves on their own like Kinesis and the legendary moves, and the data is still there anyway.

Also Jirachi is confirmed, probably postgame since it's the same guy. It mentions the Wishing Star which is interesting because it probably means the Gen 8 item...
Interesting how he mentions the Wishing Star... Could this be a SWSH save file bonus?

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Leader rematches coming back is cool, I hope they're less annoying than in Platinum but my hopes aren't high, and honestly I'll take it anyway.

No full Frontier, if there's no super duper secret day one patch or post-National Dex implementation, is disappointing but not at all surprising. The rational part of me knew that this was the likely outcome, but the irrational part had me holding out hope for some reason. At least we still have the tower. Hopefully Palmer gets to keep his theme and isn't just going to steal Cynthia's again.

Nice ! Hope it is unlocked for the shiny hunting. :crossed_fingers:

Do y'all think BDSP will get DLC like SWSH? Personally I don't think so. The game is being treated like a side game despite what they say, so I don't think DLC for this game is very likely. Legends Arceus DLC is much more likely in my opinion.

I think if they did do DLC, they'd probably just include more Platinum stuff like Battle Frontier and Disgortion World, but again I highly doubt it

Also Jirachi is fucking dope. I don't care that it's just given to you, I want the cute genie baby (and I hate limited events)

inb4 he's trolling. What I'm really curious is how far does the National Dex go? I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's a 1-1 with DPP's National dex. We somewhat knew there was going to be more than just the Sinnoh Dex from the fact that you can collect a Swampert figure for the Underground. Still, it is Nintendo.
Also Jirachi is fucking dope. I don't care that it's just given to you, I want the cute genie baby (and I hate limited events)
This game just needs the Lati twins to be a 10/10 for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)