Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

"Oh Jirachi, hear my wish, please make BDSP worth getting..."
"Alright." *Jirachi adds itself to game*

Though if they were going to make any Mythicals normally available, you'd think they would make Darkrai and/or Shaymin catchable without events or something. I can't wait for Celebi to be the Breath of the Wild save bonus. What Mythical would Xenoblade Chronicles 2 get?
Do y'all think BDSP will get DLC like SWSH? Personally I don't think so. The game is being treated like a side game despite what they say, so I don't think DLC for this game is very likely. Legends Arceus DLC is much more likely in my opinion.
BDSP seems like a "filler" game to satisfy people who want Sinnoh remakes, so I don't think it will be updated. Not to mention, Legends is only releasing two months later, so I don't think anyone wants BDSP to take attention away from it. Maybe it will get minor updates if anything. I doubt we'll get another main game in 2022, so maybe Legends will get updates throughout the year and Gen IX will release in 2023.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Also the SWSH DLC even unsnapped a bunch of moves on their own like Kinesis and the legendary moves, and the data is still there anyway.

Also Jirachi is confirmed, probably postgame since it's the same guy. It mentions the Wishing Star which is interesting because it probably means the Gen 8 item...
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qpompa
Me, a genius: BDSP will almost certainly make one of the older mythicals available normally, but will it be Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, or Manaphy?

Nintendo: How about everyone's favourite Sinnoh mythical... Jirachi

"Oh Jirachi, hear my wish, please make BDSP worth getting..."
"Alright." *Jirachi adds itself to game*

Though if they were going to make any Mythicals normally available, you'd think they would make Darkrai and/or Shaymin catchable without events or something. I can't wait for Celebi to be the Breath of the Wild save bonus. What Mythical would Xenoblade Chronicles 2 get?

BDSP seems like a "filler" game to satisfy people who want Sinnoh remakes, so I don't think it will be updated. Not to mention, Legends is only releasing two months later, so I don't think anyone wants BDSP to take attention away from it. Maybe it will get minor updates if anything. I doubt we'll get another main game in 2022, so maybe Legends will get updates throughout the year and Gen IX will release in 2023.
XC2 would be Keldeo the Sword of Justice themself!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
inb4 Volkner does not add a single Electric-type on his team
I'll blame you if that happens.

With Gym Rematches, I'd be surprised if the Elite Four didn't have rematches with Platinum teams. If they have them, everyone that wished for them should've asked for Platinum teams in the main game...

these type of things are always just a save check
If anyone doesn't have Let's Go but know someone who has it on a cartridge, ask them you you can borrow it for 10 minutes.

Also the SWSH DLC even unsnapped a bunch of moves on their own like Kinesis and the legendary moves, and the data is still there anyway.

Also Jirachi is confirmed, probably postgame since it's the same guy. It mentions the Wishing Star which is interesting because it probably means the Gen 8 item...
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qpompa
*Looks at pfp*

Maybe I was the stupid one all along lmao.

Interesting how he mentions the Wishing Star... Could this be a SWSH save file bonus?
That is the most likely scenario. SwSh itself had a save bonus.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Nintendo updated the Japanese page for the game with something interesting

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000039949.html

If you google translate the first line...

* Updated data for this title will be distributed by the release date. Approximately 8GB will be required including the update data.
Holy shit that is a gigantic patch (for comparisons sake, Isle of Armor for SwSh was like a gigabyte).

Now considering how the games seem to have leaked in an iffy state (such as the bad music), good chance that a day 1 patch that massive is getting rid of placeholder music and the likes. Still, jesus that's a big patch!

Holy shit that is a gigantic patch (for comparisons sake, Isle of Armor for SwSh was like a gigabyte).

Now considering how the games seem to have leaked in an iffy state (such as the bad music), good chance that a day 1 patch that massive is getting rid of placeholder music and the likes. Still, jesus that's a big patch!
Forreal that's as much as some Switch titles

8GB will be required including the data. It is the total amount of data, not that it is 8 GB of patch data.

What does the placeholder music sound like? If it's the original DPP soundtrack I'm actually a big fan of how they handled that. I wish other titles like Link's Awakening remake pulled the approach of just slightly retuning the original soundtrack.

BDSP is getting Home support in 2022 as well.

I could see it being so they can work on the SwSh patch for all the missing Pokémon and moves BDSP will bring back.
The moves are barely removed, a few(like Sky Drop) aren't fully coded, but most (including stuff like Hidden Power) are complete, they just have an arbitrary lockout put on them. With a simple Rom hack removing the locks on them makes them fully usable, but they lack animations so they crash the game unless you turn move animations off. One interesting thing is that Hidden Power becomes the Max move of it's HP type(so anything but Normal and Fairy), unlike Z moves where it has to use Normalium Z and is a normal type damage move.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
8GB will be required including the data. It is the total amount of data, not that it is 8 GB of patch data.
Hmm we might need someone who knows Japanese to settle this then. Note that elsewhere on the page, it's mentioned that the game is 10 GB in size, so backtracking to 8 on the top would seem strange. But I don't exactly visit the Japanese eshop page often (only found this out because some Nintendo fan friends found this), so maybe there's something else going on.

What does the placeholder music sound like? If it's the original DPP soundtrack I'm actually a big fan of how they handled that. I wish other titles like Link's Awakening remake pulled the approach of just slightly retuning the original soundtrack.
I'm pretty sure it's literally the original midis directly imported. You can hear some if you find one of the leaker's videos/reuploads, seems to mostly just apply to the battle music so I'm hoping they imported the frontier brain one too.
It's actually growing on me to be honest.

Hmm we might need someone who knows Japanese to settle this then. Note that elsewhere on the page, it's mentioned that the game is 10 GB in size, so backtracking to 8 on the top would seem strange. But I don't exactly visit the Japanese eshop page often (only found this out because some Nintendo fan friends found this), so maybe there's something else going on.
Strictly speaking it's an estimate. If you look at the english space, for example it says "Required Space (Estimate) 10.0 GB"
It's possible the "true" size is about 8 (also possible the update helps CONDENSE some things with better file compression but thats neither here nor there).
if they seriously put out an 8 GB patch I've got serious questions about ILCA's data management

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)