5 = Trade (no item)
6 = Trade (with item)
8= Stone evolution
9 = Stat check, Attack higher than Def
10 = Stat check, Def higher than Attack
11 = Stat check, attack = def
12 = Personality Value (Silcoon)
13 = Personality Value (Cascoon)
14 = Nincada. nincada only has one evolution so I think this flag is specifically made so it evolves to Ninjask (it has the level at the end) and produces a Shedinja
16 = Beauty check
17 = Stone evolution, Male (Gallade)
18 = Stone Evolution, Female (Froslass)
19 = Hold item, Day
20 = Hold item, Night
21 = Move
22 = Pokemon in party (Mantyke w/ Remoraid)
23 = Female (ie: Burmy to Wormadam)
24 = Male (ie: Burmy to Mothim)
25 = Magnetic Area
26 = Mossy Rock
27 = Icy Rock

I couldn't find anything for 7 or 15

The second number corresponds to what I believe is the index that correlates to the first number if needed. So if you evolve by a stone evolution, it tells the item index, if you evolve by a move it goes to the move index number, if you need a pokemon in the party it goes to the pokedex number. And so on and so forth.

The third number is the number of hte pokemon you're evolving into

The fourth number..I actually don't know? I might have overlooked them but I don't think there's anything that uses this.

The fifth number corresponds to the Level

A lot of people have been talking about a Day 1 patch, but is there any significant precedent for a Day 1 patch doing much more than addressing glitches? Even these days if a game is ready to go on shelves before a Day 1 patch, it basically has everything in it. It would also be strange to me if they specifically had #1 through #493 and added the rest in a Day 1 patch; that doesn't read to me as 'unfinished'. I think this is being vastly overhyped tbh and at most it'll be replacing music tracks

A lot of people have been talking about a Day 1 patch, but is there any significant precedent for a Day 1 patch doing much more than addressing glitches? Even these days if a game is ready to go on shelves before a Day 1 patch, it basically has everything in it. It would also be strange to me if they specifically had #1 through #493 and added the rest in a Day 1 patch. I think this is being vastly overhyped tbh and at most it'll be replacing music tracks
It'll add online functionality. That's about it.

Maybe battle music if the placeholder meme was real.

People getting too high on hopium.

The fourth number..I actually don't know? I might have overlooked them but I don't think there's anything that uses this.
Wild guess, might be data remnant from one of the old evolutionary methods (friendship or style values) that they kept for data consistency but isn't used anymore.
Same for the missing entry 7, could just be the now discontinued Friendship, or one of the weird evo methods from more modern pokemon like Inkay or G-Yamask)

A lot of people have been talking about a Day 1 patch, but is there any significant precedent for a Day 1 patch doing much more than addressing glitches? Even these days if a game is ready to go on shelves before a Day 1 patch, it basically has everything in it. It would also be strange to me if they specifically had #1 through #493 and added the rest in a Day 1 patch. I think this is being vastly overhyped tbh and at most it'll be replacing music tracks
Well the game is about 4.7 GB and they've said hte estimates for the game should be about 10 GB so like
We're breaking some kind of precedents here, apparently.

That said if I had to guess it will be nothing "major" and instead things like:
-The new music (since there's seemingly only the midis for now, which are probably meant to be played with the DS Sounds)
-The intro
-Online, obviously
-Those slate items that seemingly dont have item images so you can actually do Ramanes park?

Expecting anything extra on top, though? Doubtful.

Damn, almost as if a -10 day old game might be missing things
You know the production phase ended some time ago and the game you can get now by raiding ILCA's HQ is the same one that will be in the shops right?

I say this because maybe you have the wrong idea that from now, 9th, to 19th, they will be developing the game and finishing it the day before release.

A lot of people have been talking about a Day 1 patch, but is there any significant precedent for a Day 1 patch doing much more than addressing glitches? Even these days if a game is ready to go on shelves before a Day 1 patch, it basically has everything in it. It would also be strange to me if they specifically had #1 through #493 and added the rest in a Day 1 patch; that doesn't read to me as 'unfinished'. I think this is being vastly overhyped tbh and at most it'll be replacing music tracks
They are adding nothing. Just addressing bugs, which is embarrasing since this kind of patches are reserved to games with much higher production values that operate on different scales of complexity (and ambition). No one should expect the ORAS Battle Frontier coming back in a day 1 patch.

Wild guess, might be data remnant from one of the old evolutionary methods (friendship or style values) that they kept for data consistency but isn't used anymore.
Checking older data structures on bulbapedia, I think you're partially right. The old structure in gen 3 specifically had a padding byte that wasn't used otherwise.
The second byte used to be all purpose (items, values, levels, etc) so they probably added the dedicated level byte later on.

incidentally it seems like there might've been a separate flag for Nincada -> Shedinja. I bet that was 15 before removing it and just lumping it with 14.
And it seems that it might've been that 7 was just "use an item on Pokemon". Then at some point they added a new 8 for stuff like stone evolutions, then 7 went unused....I bet this is used now actually, for stuff like Sinistea. Maybe I'll try looking around other paste bins, I'm pretty curious now...

This was fun.

Checking older data structures on bulbapedia, I think you're partially right. The old structure in gen 3 specifically had a padding byte that wasn't used otherwise.
The second byte used to be all purpose (items, values, levels, etc) so they probably added the dedicated level byte later on.

incidentally it seems like there might've been a separate flag for Nincada -> Shedinja. I bet that was 15 before removing it and just lumping it with 14.
And it seems that it might've been that 7 was just "use an item on Pokemon". Then at some point they added a new 8 for stuff like stone evolutions, then 7 went unused....I bet this is used now actually, for stuff like Sinistea. Maybe I'll try looking around other paste bins, I'm pretty curious now...

This was fun.
I'm actually going to guess 7 is "trade with specific pokemon" i.e. Shelmet/Karrablast's evolution since it's right after the other two trade checks.

I'm actually going to guess 7 is "trade with specific pokemon" i.e. Shelmet/Karrablast's evolution since it's right after the other two trade checks.
I doubt it, look at the rest of the checks going on.
1-11 are all gen 1 & 2 methods
Then 12-16 are Gen 3
17-27 are all gen 4, including stuff like variations on stone evolutions.

I suspect if I were to find these numbers in gen 5, Shelmet/Karrablast would be somewhere in the 30s.

So here are the moves that are now usable, which were previously disabled in the current version of Sword/Shield:

Chatter
Dark Void
Flash
Heart Swap
Hidden Power
Judgment
Psycho Boost
Rock Climb
Seed Flare
Sketch
Toxic Thread

Here are the moves that are now disabled in these games (spoiler: they're all from gen5 onwards):
Shift Gear
Water Pledge
Fire Pledge
Grass Pledge
Electroweb
Horn Leech
Sacred Sword
Heat Crash
Night Daze
Tail Slap
Head Charge
Gear Grind
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Secret Sword
Glaciate
Bolt Strike
Blue Flare
Fiery Dance
Freeze Shock
Ice Burn
V-create
Fusion Flare
Fusion Bolt
Flying Press
Mat Block
Trick-or-Treat
Parabolic Charge
Forest's Curse
Topsy-Turvy
Crafty Shield
Electrify
Fairy Lock
King's Shield
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Water Shuriken
Geomancy
Happy Hour
Celebrate
Hold Hands
Hold Back
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land’s Wrath
Shore Up
First Impression
Baneful Bunker
Spirit Shackle
Darkest Lariat
Sparkling Aria
Floral Healing
Solar Blade
Gear Up
Pollen Puff
Anchor Shot
Psychic Terrain
Fire Lash
Power Trip
Speed Swap
Purify
Core Enforcer
Trop Kick
Instruct
Clanging Scales
Brutal Swing
Shell Trap
Fleur Cannon
Psychic Fangs
Shadow Bone
Accelerock
Prismatic Laser
Spectral Thief
Sunsteel Strike
Moongeist Beam
Zing Zap
Nature’s Madness
Multi-Attack
Mind Blown
Plasma Fists
Photon Geyser
Double Iron Bash
Max Guard
Dynamax Cannon
Snipe Shot
Jaw Lock
Stuff Cheeks
No Retreat
Tar Shot
Magic Powder
Dragon Darts
Teatime
Octolock
Bolt Beak
Fishious Rend
Court Change
Max Flare
Max Flutterby
Max Lightning
Max Strike
Max Knuckle
Max Phantasm
Max Hailstorm
Max Ooze
Max Geyser
Max Airstream
Max Starfall
Max Wyrmwind
Max Mindstorm
Max Rockfall
Max Quake
Max Darkness
Max Overgrowth
Max Steelspike
Clangorous Soul
Decorate
Drum Beating
Snap Trap
Pyro Ball
Behemoth Blade
Behemoth Bash
Aura Wheel
Breaking Swipe
Branch Poke
Overdrive
Apple Acid
Grav Apple
Spirit Break
Strange Steam
Obstruct
False Surrender
Meteor Assault
Eternabeam
Steel Beam
Expanding Force
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Meteor Beam
Shell Side Arm
Misty Explosion
Grassy Glide
Rising Voltage
Terrain Pulse
Skitter Smack
Burning Jealousy
Lash Out
Poltergeist
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Flip Turn
Triple Axel
Dual Wingbeat
Scorching Sands
Jungle Healing
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
Thunder Cage
Dragon Energy
Freezing Glare
Fiery Wrath
Thunderous Kick
Glacial Lance
Astral Barrage
Eerie Spell

And finally here are the moves introduced in gen5+ that are usable in these games:

Hone Claws
Wide Guard
Guard Split
Power Split
Wonder Room
Psyshock
Venoshock
Autotomize
Rage Powder
Magic Room
Smack Down
Storm Throw
Sludge Wave
Quiver Dance
Heavy Slam
Electro Ball
Soak
Flame Charge
Coil
Low Sweep
Acid Spray
Foul Play
Simple Beam
Entrainment
After You
Round
Echoed Voice
Clear Smog
Stored Power
Quick Guard
Ally Switch
Scald
Shell Smash
Heal Pulse
Hex
Circle Throw
Incinerate
Quash
Acrobatics
Reflect Type
Retaliate
Final Gambit
Inferno
Volt Switch
Struggle Bug
Bulldoze
Frost Breath
Dragon Tail
Work Up
Wild Charge
Drill Run
Dual Chop
Razor Shell
Leaf Tornado
Cotton Guard
Psystrike
Hurricane
Snarl
Icicle Crash
Belch
Sticky Web
Fell Stinger
Phantom Force
Noble Roar
Petal Blizzard
Freeze-Dry
Disarming Voice
Parting Shot
Draining Kiss
Flower Shield
Grassy Terrain
Misty Terrain
Play Rough
Fairy Wind
Moonblast
Boomburst
Play Nice
Confide
Mystical Fire
Spiky Shield
Aromatic Mist
Eerie Impulse
Venom Drench
Magnetic Flux
Electric Terrain
Dazzling Gleam
Baby-Doll Eyes
Nuzzle
Infestation
Power-Up Punch
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
High Horsepower
Strength Sap
Leafage
Toxic Thread
Laser Focus
Throat Chop
Lunge
Burn Up
Smart Strike
Dragon Hammer
Aurora Veil
Stomping Tantrum
Liquidation
Tearful Look
Body Press
Life Dew

Now if a move is actually available or not is another matter, the data I'm using only shows if they actually work or not. Also can someone take a look to see who learns Toxic Thread? (The only move added in that's neither a signature move or a HM move.)

At least they have a frontier brain MIDI.
EDIT: Actually this was probably fake/just a random midi since it was posted before the leaks.
EDIT 2: Actually twitter didn't account for daylight savings time but I'm still going to check for myself.

You have some choices here.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sword-and-shield-datamine-thread.3656143/post-8658900
Thanks, that got me what I wanted.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Since I had to figure this out, if you want a key to reading these things

The first number corresponds to the evolution method
1 = Happiness
2 = Happiness, Day
3 = Happiness, Night
4 = Level Up
5 = Trade (no item)
6 = Trade (with item)
8= Stone evolution
9 = Stat check, Attack higher than Def
10 = Stat check, Def higher than Attack
11 = Stat check, attack = def
12 = Personality Value (Silcoon)
13 = Personality Value (Cascoon)
14 = Nincada. nincada only has one evolution so I think this flag is specifically made so it evolves to Ninjask (it has the level at the end) and produces a Shedinja
16 = Beauty check
17 = Stone evolution, Male (Gallade)
18 = Stone Evolution, Female (Froslass)
19 = Hold item, Day
20 = Hold item, Night
21 = Move
22 = Pokemon in party (Mantyke w/ Remoraid)
23 = Female (ie: Burmy to Wormadam)
24 = Male (ie: Burmy to Mothim)
25 = Magnetic Area
26 = Mossy Rock
27 = Icy Rock

I couldn't find anything for 7 or 15

The second number corresponds to what I believe is the index that correlates to the first number if needed. So if you evolve by a stone evolution, it tells the item index, if you evolve by a move it goes to the move index number, if you need a pokemon in the party it goes to the pokedex number. And so on and so forth.

The third number is the number of hte pokemon you're evolving into

The fifth number corresponds to the Level
The fourth one is the form index of the Pokemon, so in these games only Burmy and Shellos would use that field.

Correct me if I'm wrong; but almost all the newly disabled moves seem to be Z-Moves (of course), Signature Moves of Pokémon not in the game, and very strangely and specifically the Isle of Armor tutor moves. There doesn't seem to be anything else removed?

I doubt it, look at the rest of the checks going on.
1-11 are all gen 1 & 2 methods
Then 12-16 are Gen 3
17-27 are all gen 4, including stuff like variations on stone evolutions.

I suspect if I were to find these numbers in gen 5, Shelmet/Karrablast would be somewhere in the 30s.
Actually looking through the list of gen 5+ pokemon I guess it'd be more akin to
28 - Trade with specific Pokemon
29 - Dark type in party. Or maybe just Type in party, then specify a typing. I think this is separate from the Mantyke method, at least, since its not based on a specific pokemon.
30 - Gyroscope check
31 - Level, Day. All the other day/night evolutions require an additional condition (Happiness, holding an item) so having a separate one for this makes sense
32 - Level, Night
33 - Affection and also knows a move of a specific type (this one I KNOW the game can handle so i think fairy typing is specified somewhere in this and its just "knows move of type x" otherwise). I wonder if this was just changed to "Happiness & knows moves" or if it got a new index in gen 8...
34 - Level, Rain
35 - Level, Version? This is how Cosmoem evolves; time of day doesnt matter.
36 - Level, Version, Day ?
37 - Level, Version, Night ? Following on that, Rockruff didn't just evolve based on time, but based on version (ie: Rockruff can never evolve into Lycanroc Midday in Moon, even in the day time), so I guess it would need its own index? Suppose these 2 would be unused now;
38 - Level, Dusk . I think Own Tempo Rockruff is actually its own "form" internally, so it doesn't need an ability check but it does still need a "Evolve at this time" check
39 - Get 3 crits in a battle
40 - Runerigus's dumb nonsense
41 - Milcery's spinning
42 (& 43?) - Kubfu, maybe?

As I mentioned before, I suspect the previously retired 7, which was just for any item in gen 3, was repurposed for gen 8's applin & sinistea

The fourth one is the form index of the Pokemon, so in these games only Burmy and Shellos would use that field.
Oh checking the other list in the pastebins, you're right
24,0,413,1,20 23,0,414,1,20
24,0,413,2,20 23,0,414,2,20

Thanks, nice to know.

I feel like version exclusives are a bit of a slap to the face in a game that is (probably permanently) missing nearly half of the existing pokemon...
Sylveon is exclusive to the games that weren't delegated to a company that has never made a video game before... Don't hold back shieldon on top of everthing else we're not getting.

The moveset leaks are something that might be interesting for SwSh VGC though. Obviously no move tutors means fewer returning moves. But when these games become cross compatible and if pokemon can get into BDSP from SwSh, it might mean more mons with explosion, swagger etc. in VGC.

The moveset leaks are something that might be interesting for SwSh VGC though. Obviously no move tutors means fewer returning moves. But when these games become cross compatible and if pokemon can get into BDSP from SwSh, it might mean more mons with explosion, swagger etc. in VGC.
...except the part that if we're lucky, these poke will be available for a single VGC season just before gen 9 launches, and if we aren't, they'll not be available at all without a full moveset reset.

I noticed this as well. Still, I think this more or less salvages BDSP using the DP dex instead of the Platinum one for the main campaign. Contingent upon when you can get the various Platinum mons and how arduous the process is, I think it should be fine.

Also, I'm hoping there's a way to obtain a Razor Fang before post game. Even if Gligar is available now for the main campaign, the Razor Fang was notably locked into post game in the original DP, unlike Razor Claw.
Yeah item locations really are going to be key for who’s worth using in these games.

...except the part that if we're lucky, these poke will be available for a single VGC season just before gen 9 launches, and if we aren't, they'll not be available at all without a full moveset reset.
I don't think you'll need a move reset if you can breed/catch pokemon in SwSh, send them to BDSP to teach them swagger, then send them back.

I think Gen 9 will be at least a year from now anyway. Given that they are busy with Legends Arceus. Even if I don't think LA will be a great/well polished game, I think it will have taken a lot of time because the devs are learning and using different skills.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)