SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

I see there is some sort of Adventure Notes in the text dump. Looks like they finally bothered to leave the tutorials easily accessible.

Also, and as some had assumed, Bebe is the one that unlocks Box Link:

Anyway, my name’s Bebe, and I work as a system administrator in Hearthome City east of here. Now, as thanks for putting on such a good show, I’ll let you access Pokémon Boxes from anywhere!
A little too late to my liking... I'll wait until we get the encounter tables to make my final decision on how much late it's unlocked. I mean, it should be unlocked from the moment you reach a Pokémon Center for the first time...

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Looks like the returning mons wont be getting good moves until home compatibility next year, the BDSP meta will be quite different if we asume you are allowed to transfer from SWSH to BDSP, as the TM/TR in SWSH are way better than the outdated gen iv (but without HP) list. At least it seems different enough from Gen IV OU, cant wait for the competitive thread.
All the training items are back (ability patch, mints, etc) but not the battle items (no Assault Vest, HDB or similar from modern games), im fine with that, just wish the ability patch is easier to farm here, it better dont cost 200 BP, if you could just buy this stuff with money less people would use hacked mons.

Having a good battle tower seems insufficient at this point. There aren't enough new moves available compared to just sticking with gen 7's larger selection of mons.

Not having Natrual Gift sticks out to me, because it's an interesting and useful tool for challenge runs, and I would be playing challenge runs whenever I would be doing the main story.

I might at least actually spend time on Showdown now that Boots are gone, though.

All the training items are back (ability patch, mints, etc) but not the battle items (no Assault Vest, HDB or similar from modern games), im fine with that, just wish the ability patch is easier to farm here, it better dont cost 200 BP, if you could just buy this stuff with money less people would use hacked mons.
To be fair 200 BP in gen 7 facility model would be way easier to farm than you'd think by just using any hyperoffense team.

The main detriment though is that there'll be no home compatibility for a while, so you have to actually breed and moveset up your pokes from scratch. I'm too old for this... I need someone to gen me the pokes this time :blobwizard:

I might at least actually spend time on Showdown now that Boots are gone, though.
I'll wait you in 2 mon qqing about stealth rock being broken instead then :psysly:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there any sign of Steel Beam being in BDSP by any chance, or is it not in the game? And if so, is there any possible tutor for the move for the available Steel-types to learn it?

I know a few Gen 5+ moves are in but I am legit curious about Steel Beam.

Is there any sign of Steel Beam being in BDSP by any chance, or is it not in the game? And if so, is there any possible tutor for the move for the available Steel-types to learn it?

I know a few Gen 5+ moves are in but I am legit curious about Steel Beam.
If there was, good chance it'd be mentioned in the special tutors, since Draco Meteor and the starter moves are.

So I'd say no, the move is 99.9% not in the game.

None was declared "faithful" like these ones
None was declared faithful because we actually didnt care about that excuse. We wanted an adventure that, after many years and with more resources, improved the originals. And thats what they did. Even ORAS, the weakest of the 3 remakes, improved in its own way upon Emerald, altho it lacked the biggest thing (the Battle Frontier). HG SS and FR LG just went all out and presented what essentialy was the same games with a lot, and I mean a lot of new and engaging content, and thats what I loved and what we all, despite our now-reasonable lack of faith in Game Freak and friends, wanted and still want.

None was declared faithful because we actually didnt care about that excuse. We wanted an adventure that, after many years and with more resources, improved the originals. And thats what they did. Even ORAS, the weakest of the 3 remakes, improved in its own way upon Emerald, altho it lacked the biggest thing (the Battle Frontier). HG SS and FR LG just went all out and presented what essentialy was the same games with a lot, and I mean a lot of new and engaging content, and thats what I loved and what we all, despite our now-reasonable lack of faith in Game Freak and friends, wanted and still want.
Yeah, I think that the "faithful" is just an excuse by their part to make these titles just quick placeholders to shut the fans that are waiting for DP remakes since gen 7. And there's Legends Arceus next right next. This release timing is weird to me, and how the game seems to be lacking any kind of effort in the "upgrading from the originals" department, this is the opinion I can have.
And from what I heard, BDSP had some serious development issues, to the point that 1 month before the release the game wasn't finished.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
And I have no idea about the 8 banned mons - maybe a less restrictive list for the non-Master Class?
Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy hits 8, though Phione being excluded is an interesting choice if so.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Manaphy hits 8, though Phione being excluded is an interesting choice if so.
Not really "interesting" to me, it's just standard mythic clause for facilities. Phione, even if complete garbage, is still a mythic. Same way Cosmog/Cosmoeg can't be used in Battle Tree.

Yeah, I think that the "faithful" is just an excuse
"excuse"

So here's the thing.
These games were *declared* faithful remakes.
Means the **intended scope** of the games was just a graphic uplift with QoL.
It also means that the money and resources invested into the game were enough to obtain just that.

Can you guys stop with your self-induced delusions of a gameplay upgrade that was never mentioned nor promised in every single topic regarding BDSP? Would be pretty nice cause it's got boring to have to ignore half of the posts in every topic in last 2 months because all it's said is complaint about missing features that were never mentioned in first place.
I have no idea why any of you ever thought there was going to be trainer revamps harsher difficulty, moveset updates other than very basic ones, or literally any change to gameplay. It was never promised nor mentioned.

Last edited:
A friend of mine suggested that maybe Legends Arceus was intended to be released late 2021 but during development they noticed it'd be imposible and seeing as to how everyone was asking for DP remakes, freestyled on that and thats how BDSP came to be. If you think about it both legends arceus and BDSP dont feel like they should coexist. Being based on Sinnoh, and being the first game in Pokémon history that despite being a spinoff introduces what main series games usually do, it seems like Legends Arceus as a suplement to Sword and Shield makes far more sense, and BDSP just appeared out of nowhere to make some fast money.

A little too late to my liking... I'll wait until we get the encounter tables to make my final decision on how much late it's unlocked. I mean, it should be unlocked from the moment you reach a Pokémon Center for the first time...
Her saying "east of here" means that there are two gyms that it could be rewarded after, either Oreburgh or Eterna, which is still reasonably early in the game. I know it's not immediately, but I don't think most people have their entire team caught by the first gym.

Her saying "east of here" means that there are two gyms that it could be rewarded after, either Oreburgh or Eterna, which is still reasonably early in the game. I know it's not immediately, but I don't think most people have their entire team caught by the first gym.
Ah, right! I totally missed that! I read "Hearthome" (for some reason I always forget the second H) and I thought "Oh, no, I have to stick to just six until after Coronet"...

Last edited:
Not really "interesting" to me, it's just standard mythic clause for facilities. Phione, even if complete garbage, is still a mythic. Same way Cosmog/Cosmoeg can't be used in Battle Tree.

"excuse"

So here's the thing.
These games were *declared* faithful remakes.
Means the **intended scope** of the games was just a graphic uplift with QoL.
It also means that the money and resources invested into the game were enough to obtain just that.

Can you guys stop with your self-induced delusions of a gameplay upgrade that was never mentioned nor promised in every single topic regarding BDSP? Would be pretty nice cause it's got boring to have to ignore half of the posts in every topic in last 2 months because all it's said is complaint about missing features that were never mentioned in first place.
I have no idea why any of you ever thought there was going to be trainer revamps harsher difficulty, moveset updates other than very basic ones, or literally any change to gameplay. It was never promised nor mentioned.
They are not a graphic nothing. They have changed things and in fact if they were actually aiming at faithfulness, I dont know about you but i dont remember then underground being like this in the originals.

I will not do an argument about this, and ill not answer again in regards to this topic, but the day that the Pokémon community stops this nonsense of justifying empty words like "faithfulness" while being throw underwork at the face, that they well maybe get to see another HGSS, Plat or BW2.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
you appear to have misunderstood me

to hit 8 requires that phione be legal

which is weird for exactly the reasons you laid out

Ramamas is just past gen legends? That’s a shame when swsh dlc already did that (with even more). I’m not sure what I was expecting from it but it’s a bit disappointing that the one new postgame feature is redundant
I'd say it's more fair to compare it to the Hoopa Rings or Ultra Wormholes.

you appear to have misunderstood me

to hit 8 requires that phione be legal

which is weird for exactly the reasons you laid out
Oh, I see what you mean now.

Isnt it possible that we just misunderstood what these conditions are though, after all he said '
As far as the banlist goes, variables like Pokemon names are large blank spaces in these text files, so the specifics are unknown, however the number of blank spaces in some explanatory text about what's not allowed indicates that there's 8 banned mons under some condition, and 19 under some other. Honestly, neither of these make sense to me; by my count there's 18 mythicals+ubers in mons 1-493. And I have no idea about the 8 banned mons - maybe a less restrictive list for the non-Master Class?

With the Leaders seemingly being in Battle Tower super rank, I wonder if those are the leader rematches mentioned in earlier leak and not traditional rematches.
Judging by the text, they seem to be rematchable at their gyms and the BT.

We'll know when the trainer rosters drop.

Also, tutors hard-deconfirmed. The one tutor move is Draco Meteor.

Kiiiiinda sucks. I wanted Flip Turn. Oh well.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
That's actually pretty interesting considering Koffing did receive it... maybe a oversight?

From what I've noticing, the only pokemon that had Toxic added back to their TM learnset are:
- Bulbasaur line
- Nidoran line (both)
- Oddish line
- Gastly line
- Koffing line
- Mew (duh)
- Crobat (interestingly, not Zubat/Golbat)
- Wooper line
- Qwilfish
- Shuckle
- Dustox
- Shroomish (not Breelom)
- Roselia line
- Gulpin line
- Vespiquen
- Stunky line
- Skorupi line
- Croagunk line

Almost all of them also just learn the move naturally while leveling up, I think the only exceptions are Bulbasaur's line and Mew

There are a few poison type lines that are not included in this. Notably, Arceus also doesn't learn it anymore either. So for some reason, Muk not learning it must have been intentional (..or a oversight)
So many Poison Types DON'T get Toxic... They should've replaced the TM with anything else. Anything! That's just a slap in the face false hope for anyone that wanted it back. What other screw ups did they make? Missingno. Master has a pretty good list, but there's got to be more.

Edit: They gave Deoxys Toxic Spikes (Sweet! :D) but wouldn't let it keep Toxic... Why didn't they let any Toxic Spikes Pokemon keep Toxic? >:(

Last edited:
Judging by the text, they seem to be rematchable at their gyms and the BT.

We'll know when the trainer rosters drop.

Also, tutors hard-deconfirmed. The one tutor move is Draco Meteor.

Kiiiiinda sucks. I wanted Flip Turn. Oh well.
Is that so? That's cool then. I Tried to check the text dumps myself but mega just endlessly preparing to download a file and then refusing to load entirely.....

I'm not surprised at no IoA tutors but I am surprised that the Elemental Hyper Beams are gone. Maybe just overlooked those?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)