Sports NFL Thread: 2021-2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
That unnecessary roughness call for pushing Allen out of bounds was hilarious bullshit. You should just field 11 QBs then no one would be allowed to tackle them. Best offense in the league ezpz.

Superbowl 56:

NFL MVP Tom Brady and his no.1 ranked offense take on coach of the year Bill Belichick and his no.1 ranked defense.

America is forced to relieve 20 years of Brady/Patriots dynasty highlights and non-stop Belichick/Brady/Patriots praise in what is billed as the biggest sporting event in American sports history.

Every ticket costs 100k+
1638850897641.png

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Big Ben has overstayed his NFL welcome by about 2 years
If Brady retired at the age Big Ben should’ve retired he would not have won 4 of his 7 Super Bowls.

Just offering more “Tom Brady has broken Father Time’s undefeated streak” perspective.

My Bills fell to 7-6. This has been the most vexxing and confusing seasons ever. A team once thought of being Super Bowl contenders has way underperformed. or have they?

They rank top 5 in offense, defense, and point differential. 5/6 losses have been by one possession. Bad luck? Poor coaching? Combination of the two? Can they right the ship? Who knows. As the pundits said after their OT comeback loss to the Bucs "This is the best, most complete 7-5 team I've seen."

Predictions?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
apologies for the pessimism lol, but my thoughts are that the bills are painfully average. their stats (including their already meh record) are padded by the dumpster fires we call the jets, texans, and early bad fins. their point diff is like +35/game across those three games and +3/game elsewhere. if numbers are off i did it in my head.

even beyond the trash heap, their wins aren’t really convincing: chiefs and saints were already trending hard down, fins are still fins, and washington is no titan (especially the early season version). most legit teams have multiple wins better than the bills’ best win

i think tb game is a perfect encapsulation of bills. they’re outclassed by the real contenders, being down 27-7 in the 4th against tb, but average teams can be surprising sometimes so anything can happen. especially in the rather weak afc this year.

I put the bills in the same tier as the vikings, browns, 49ers, etc. each of these teams has played a considerably harder schedule, has multiple wins better than buffalo’s best (maybe 1 for 49ers), plenty of other strong performances, and only a slightly worse record. i think buffalo is at least second best in this group, but that’s not thunderous praise.

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
From an expected win percentage the bills going for the field goal with 4th and 2 from the 7 just makes absolutely no sense to me.

no one has ever beaten Tom brady kicking field goals at the end. If you’re gonna win you need a touchdown. Either you get it now, or you have to win the coin toss in OT and then drive 75 yards for a score. Which like, with the former, you’re already right there!! You need 2 yards with a quarterback who is excellent at extending plays with his feet and can use that to either find someone open in the scramble drill or run for it himself. Idk how Tom Brady does it but he has a way of making opposing coaches afraid of going for the dagger. Just absolute cowardice from the bills.

as an aside, as a packers fan I would rather see myself exhibiting std symptoms than a returnable kickoff or punt

apologies for the pessimism lol, but my thoughts are that the bills are painfully average. their stats (including their already meh record) are padded by the dumpster fires we call the jets, texans, and early bad fins. their point diff is like +35/game across those three games and +3/game elsewhere. if numbers are off i did it in my head.

even beyond the trash heap, their wins aren’t really convincing: chiefs and saints were already trending hard down, fins are still fins, and washington is no titan (especially the early season version). most legit teams have multiple wins better than the bills’ best win
Chiefs are top in the AFC right now…

From an expected win percentage the bills going for the field goal with 4th and 2 from the 7 just makes absolutely no sense to me.

no one has ever beaten Tom brady kicking field goals at the end. If you’re gonna win you need a touchdown. Either you get it now, or you have to win the coin toss in OT and then drive 75 yards for a score. Which like, with the former, you’re already right there!! You need 2 yards with a quarterback who is excellent at extending plays with his feet and can use that to either find someone open in the scramble drill or run for it himself. Idk how Tom Brady does it but he has a way of making opposing coaches afraid of going for the dagger. Just absolute cowardice from the bills.
I agree with this 1000%. The Bills are afraid to play line of scrimmage football because they suck at it. It’s a huge weakness. The running game is trash and the Oline and DLine both suck. That’s why they loathe to go for 4th and <3. If you can’t win those, you don’t deserve to win.

My pops is a lifelong Bills fan and he’s always yelling at the TV for them to kick the field goals. He blames the 34-31 Titans loss on not kicking. Maybe it’s something with being old and scared of everything. As Herm Edwards said “you play to win the game.” Not going for 4th and short in close games is bitchmade. Make the other team stop you. What the fuck.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chiefs are top in the AFC right now…
Right now, they are, I agree. (in quality and/or SB odds, bhris. at least top two imo) But it's not fair to see the chiefs of october as a comparable opp to the current chiefs. Against Buf, the chiefs were 2-2 at kickoff and giving up an average of more than 40 points per game. Two weeks after, Tennessee whumped them harder than the Bills, and I don't think they're hot stuff. Ryan Tannehill went 21/27 for 270 yards against those chiefs.

I understand this is an oversimplification, but the bills beat the first among these:

Chiefs before november ("bad chiefs"):
3-4
-2 point differential per game
wins: redskins, eagles, scraping past the browns

Chiefs after november ("good chiefs"):
6-0
+16 point differential per game
most notable wins: cowboys, packers (no rodgers tho), broncos, raiders twice, giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)