SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Earthquake and scald are straight up not there. Why the ground pound shockwave wasn't used to make EQ is anyone's guess.
View attachment 400152
Probably so your own mon won't KO you all the time with EQ.

I'll check the doc, but I'm pretty sure no spread move is going to make it or function the same because of that, and it seems very short-sighted if it's like that.

scald are straight up not there.
BLESS

How have we not gotten movepools yet? Shouldn't that be in the code too while we have gotten stats, abilities, and text dumps?

I don't understand how datamining works
Pretty much it's based on people both having the dump and being able to find and interpret the data. Centro was able to get the text and move data based on already existing SWSH tools, while the stats guy from reddit extracted the table of raw numbers himself apparently.

Is there anything interesting to look foward too for the movepools though? there is only like 180 moves and most of the moves are generic.
In general I think natural movepools will have to take different choices for main STABs based on the universal movepool being much smaller, so we could be seeing some Gen 1 level learnsets with some possible but common variety options from tutors.
1642740564330.png

Only the discord thumbnail of this post exists now as poryleeks deleted everything, but you can see that the level 50 (alpha) Sliggoo has a pretty small accessible moveset based on the large scroll bar, with the 7 visible moves making up most of its moveset and possibly only one more out of sight (Bubble or some other earlygame move). Thunderbolt might be a tutored move as the other moves seem like it could be its natural learnset in order.

Here's a doc showing all of the changed moves and what got changed from SWSH. Notably, several moves from dlc2 are different from what we have now, even though they are unavailable.

Flags didn't match up at all, so they were skipped. I'll look a little more, if I find any that do match up, I'll add it and mention it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D8fcCXIsy_oE_SNtHUYV9q00Ta1ngQ27TAUFLcwK5xg/edit?usp=sharing
I guess G-Slowking became the biggest winner of them all since it gets to decide between Future Sight and the grossly powerful Eerie Spell. (80 bp to 110). :psynervous:
Also it's more likely to live whatever the opponent can lob at it.

You're the one who called dragon energy an "asspull", I didn't say anything about dark energy itself.
I said dragon energy is an asspull as a building material. If the king can make a golem out of dragon energy, what's to stop him from making a golem out of explosions, or gravitational waves, or the human spirit? It's a mindboggling leap from pebbles and popsicles, even if we're informed that this energy exists and somehow crystallizes. It's something abstract with no real-world analogue.

If your counterargument to the statement "Dark Regi is no worse than Dragon Regi" is to point out that dragon energy is well-established in the series by way of moves like Dragon Pulse, then it's valid to point out that Dark Pulse also speaks to the establishment of darkness as a raw energy. Both of them are anomalous energies/auras that exist only in the world of Pokémon. Hence it's—ahem—preposterous to say dark energy can't be a golem but dragon energy can. Just crystallize the darkness. Duh.

Or better yet, use a substance like tar to keep it real. I never meant to imply there should have been an energy golem ever (or even a new golem at all).

I'll end by saying I hate this conversation. We shouldn't even be having it. The fact that we are shows how distracting it is that new golems can be invented on the fly with no basis in pre-Galar design philosophy. My post was about Enamorus and how she complements her kin instead of careening in a wildly different direction with Transistor Thunder Cage. So excuse the metaphor already and let's get back to shilling celebrating Enamorus.

:facepalm:

Gamefreak do you know why the anime changed the frigging ridiculous fact of "all pokemon can somehow shrink regardless of size to fill into a ball for no reason" into "being changed into energy or something"?

Because "all pokemon can somehow shrink regardless of size for no reason" is frigging ridiculous
yes even for a children's franchise

Gamefreak Co. Ltd. sticking to our canon even when more reasonable or practical explanations are given to us by our partners since 1996

explains so much really
nobody tell this fellow about Minimize :P

I actually love this comment. tbh Pokeballs are one of those tricky things whose function would naturally change with the medium. A flash of light that solidifies in to a pokemon works for the anime because it's animated and any time you have moving graphics is a good time for flashy high-contrast effects, but transparent covers that show your Pokemon shrunken down inside the ball works for the manga because it allows the mangaka to show trainers and their pokemon communicating through eye contact and gestures between panels. Likewise, quickly scaling an isometric sprite or 3d model up and down in the games is kind of the most utilitarian way to communicate to your players that your pokemon are popping in and out of hammerspace rather than just apparating. Most likely the reason that Pokemon shrinking is approved canon is because it's a relatively efficient game design choice.

Sure, Game Freak is notorious for not really sweating the details, but their soft science fiction approach to explaining Pokeballs really allows different Pokemon media to capitalize on their respective strengths when portraying Pokeballs and their uses. Suddenly a researcher having a quirky explanation in the semi-distant past doesn't require much suspension of disbelief :bloblul:.

Last edited:
I guess G-Slowking became the biggest winner of them all since it gets to decide between Future Sight and the grossly powerful Eerie Spell. (80 bp to 110). :psynervous:
Also it's more likely to live whatever the opponent can lob at it.
I got a feeling that we're looking at beta stats for these moves. It's only the dlc2 moves that are different and not in the game. In SwSh, the Let's Go exclusive moves where identical to what they were in the leaked beta builds, not the final versions. I doubt they'll be these (largely buffed) stats when gen9 comes around.

Regardless though, I wonder why they had a 110bp move with 35pp.

On the topic of move cuts, there's a couple not-so-obvious omissions that really stand out to me.
  • Fly—As if by wishing on the Monkey's Paw, the cloud genies likely have no Flying STAB unless they're green.
  • Poltergeist—I already had low hopes for Basculegion, and it's short on Ghost STABs as I predicted. Maybe the female form will be serviceable.
  • Body Slam—I understand it would have been hard to animate, but some Normals really need this move to make do.
  • Razor Shell—For how 1-to-1 the new Samurott is with the standard version, it's surprising they cut this move but kept Mystical Fire.
  • Gunk Shot—It seems strange that the strongest Poison move is cut until you realize none of the Poisons in the dex actually use it.
  • Giga Drain—Absorb is Grass's only draining move. Funny thing is that Energy Ball is also back to its Gen 4 base power.
  • Facade—That bear would be sad if it had Guts right now.
  • Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Substitute—That beachball really will be sad.

Unfortunately the usual source of that information has been radio silent thus far, and none of the other people attempting to datamine the game have yet to compile it in any readable fashion, so it's mostly just a waiting game at present.

on an unrelated note, does anyone have the model dump of the sprites + shiny sprites?

edit:
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1s2TBzxM2FTJI93AAlVIyolLH-KQRQjIG?usp=sharing
found this list (above) of the models but a lot are missing. supposedly the other half-ish is in the below link but i have no way to make them readable.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9uAKy27fdG-KJD2bYH2DpcwC1Yly1JJ/view

Last edited:
I usually like the new gen designs. With the exception of the calyrex base horses I overall liked gen8. But some (most??) of the mons are so ugly this time round Im left wondering if the design team got replaced or something. Enamorous (both forms but especially therian), palkia/dialga forms, electrode, qwilfish deviantart recolor, sneasel deviantart recolor, and liligant are all hideous designs. im guessing fans of typhlosion and samurott are feeling pretty let down by their recolors too. sneasler looks like something from a 5NAF game. I guess in general regional forms arent always exciting but these ones are all the absolute worst out of all regionals.

That being said Im interested to see how they perform in their respective tiers

Besides, even if we knew it, these movesets are going to be limited to this specific game and might not be representative of their *actual* movesets once gen 9 comes.

So don't worry about it and just join #teamGrass :psysly:
I feel bad that I can't bring myself to like Decidueye more. In both cases I just find myself gravitating to his starter competition since they both seem generally stronger while I like them visually just as much. And unlike Alola it feels like H-Decidueye has even more working against it. Where both of the other Hisuian starters feel like they are at least improving on the base form. While Decidueye has to worry about getting outclassed by both the other starters and the far more populous grass/fighting typing

I feel bad that I can't bring myself to like Decidueye more. In both cases I just find myself gravitating to his starter competition since they both seem generally stronger while I like them visually just as much. And unlike Alola it feels like H-Decidueye has even more working against it. Where both of the other Hisuian starters feel like they are at least improving on the base form. While Decidueye has to worry about getting outclassed by both the other starters and the far more populous grass/fighting typing
Seems weird to have the type being common as a drawback unique to Decidueye-H, when regular Decidueye isn't even the most interesting gen 7 grass/ghost with a signature trapping move.

I usually like the new gen designs. With the exception of the calyrex base horses I overall liked gen8. But some (most??) of the mons are so ugly this time round Im left wondering if the design team got replaced or something. Enamorous (both forms but especially therian), palkia/dialga forms, electrode, qwilfish deviantart recolor, sneasel deviantart recolor, and liligant are all hideous designs. im guessing fans of typhlosion and samurott are feeling pretty let down by their recolors too. sneasler looks like something from a 5NAF game. I guess in general regional forms arent always exciting but these ones are all the absolute worst out of all regionals.

That being said Im interested to see how they perform in their respective tiers
Personally I think a lot of the PLA Pokemon look really interesting even if they aren't the most pretty. Enamorus especially does a lot better than the other genies for looking distinct and interesting. Therian doubly so for taking a similar design to the SMT version of Genbu which feels more visually unique than just a tortoise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)