SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Going to play devil's advocate here: Regieleki and Regidrago aren't as out of place as you think they are. For starters, you're taking the age thing too literally. Regieleki and Regidrago aren't based on the names of the ages, but the defining characteristics of those ages as a whole. The Dark Ages is a colloquial term for the Middles Ages, and what mythological creature started becoming really popular during the Middle Ages? The dragon. Regieleki, meanwhile, is most likely based on the Information Age, where technology began improving vastly. Usually technology is associated with metal, but there's already a Steel Regi, so GF went with the next best thing, the Electric type, which works due to these new technologies needing electricity to even be powered in the first place. It also makes sense that their material of origin isn't a solid and that they were "shoved into" the Regis's existing myth. They're extremely powerful beings who were sealed away and written out of the Regis's original lore due to their immense strength and the fear that they could hurt humans. And it makes sense that they have super-abilities instead of Clear Body. Their bodies aren't solid, so light can't reflect off of them. And once again, they're incredibly powerful and destructive, and Transistor/Dragon's Maw fits their lore. I will agree that it was dumb that the original three Regis didn't get new signature Abilities/moves when Eleki and Drago got them, but then again what would those sigs even be? :blobshrug:

If there is one thing I do love about both Eleki/Drago and Enamorus even if the latter's Incarnate design makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a Taco Bell spork is that they are showing that GameFreak isn't afraid anymore to add new members to old Legendary groups. I hope they continue to do this for following Generations. They could make new Legendary beasts, new Swords of Justice... hell, they could even take Legendaries who aren't in a group like Heatran and make a new group for them!

...ok now I'm getting off topic, the TLDR is that Eleki/Drago and Enamorus both fit into their respective groups, Eleki and Drago are just weirder and wackier about it while Enamorus is more traditional just like the games they were introduced in! who would've thought?
One tidbit I would add about Regieleki: A major characteristic of the Information Age is the speed with which technology and information spreads and develops. What is Regieleki's greatest stat?

I'm mostly popping in to say I hope some of these aspects make their way into main series at some point. Also I will die for Snail Goodra.

Apologies if the following spoiler theory has been discussed in previous pages

My personal theory for these is that the forms are meant to weaken them somehow. Compared to Giratina's Origin form which is much more natural and streamlined, these forms look so messy that it has to be by design. Palkia has no arms despite its Bipedal design using them for moves like Spacial Rend, and Dialga's throat looks blocked to the point it couldn't breathe, much less use Roar of Time.

My guess is that for whatever reason, the villain inflicted these on them so they would either be out of the way of their plan, or easier to control for it such as manipulating the two clans. The mishmash of Arceus traits might suggest they were Guinea Pigs for something said Antagonist plans to do to said Arceus and will be the Onus for the Endgame or the last fight/quest before actually being able to Catch Arceus at full Pokedex

Going to play devil's advocate here: Regieleki and Regidrago aren't as out of place as you think they are. For starters, you're taking the age thing too literally. Regieleki and Regidrago aren't based on the names of the ages, but the defining characteristics of those ages as a whole. The Dark Ages is a colloquial term for the Middles Ages, and what mythological creature started becoming really popular during the Middle Ages? The dragon. Regieleki, meanwhile, is most likely based on the Information Age, where technology began improving vastly. Usually technology is associated with metal, but there's already a Steel Regi, so GF went with the next best thing, the Electric type, which works due to these new technologies needing electricity to even be powered in the first place. It also makes sense that their material of origin isn't a solid and that they were "shoved into" the Regis's existing myth. They're extremely powerful beings who were sealed away and written out of the Regis's original lore due to their immense strength and the fear that they could hurt humans. And it makes sense that they have super-abilities instead of Clear Body. Their bodies aren't solid, so light can't reflect off of them. And once again, they're incredibly powerful and destructive, and Transistor/Dragon's Maw fits their lore. I will agree that it was dumb that the original three Regis didn't get new signature Abilities/moves when Eleki and Drago got them, but then again what would those sigs even be? :blobshrug:

If there is one thing I do love about both Eleki/Drago and Enamorus even if the latter's Incarnate design makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a Taco Bell spork is that they are showing that GameFreak isn't afraid anymore to add new members to old Legendary groups. I hope they continue to do this for following Generations. They could make new Legendary beasts, new Swords of Justice... hell, they could even take Legendaries who aren't in a group like Heatran and make a new group for them!

...ok now I'm getting off topic, the TLDR is that Eleki/Drago and Enamorus both fit into their respective groups, Eleki and Drago are just weirder and wackier about it while Enamorus is more traditional just like the games they were introduced in! who would've thought?
For the moves for the older Regis. Just throwing out some random signature moves
Regirock- Plate Tectonics/Igneous Assault (essentially a Dragon's Maw but physical and rock type)
Regice - Absolute Zero/Glacial Prison (either a more powerful Blizzard with potentially higher freeze chance or an ice type variant of Thunder Cage)
Registeel - Protective Alloy (either a variant of Cosmic power or an Aqua veil equivalent)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It's interesting that they simplified stat changes by making Physical and Special stat changes to be the same. I like the idea, even if it seems like it won't work for the main games, and simplifying moves seems like a good idea with a more complicated Turn/Speed system. Removing a ton of moves feels like it should feel like it's simplifying, but I can't feel that when every new Pokemon/Form has a Signature Move.

Poison Powder becoming a Grass move was pointed out earlier, but Rest is now a Normal Move and there's a type change that matters. Spikes is a Normal Type Attack. I can see all of these Type changes sticking, (which would make Poison Powder's change matter because of Sap Sipper) but I hope Spikes goes back to Ground because of not affecting Flying types.

A lot of regional Variants have felt like better versions of the originals if they weren't completely different Pokemon, so it's kind of nice to see that Avalugg's stats are worse. Why did they lower the one stat that it couldn't afford to have lowered and raise the stat that makes it worse in Trick Room? The Attack buff would be nice if it could endure Special Attacks long enough to attack.

I really really hope they keep the change from Freezing to Frostbite in Gen 9. Besides the possibility of an Ice Type Will-O-Wisp, I have a pretty strong grudge against Freezing. I've had a Pokemon stay frozen until the opponent ran out of PP Restricted Sparring... and it still took a ton of time against the next Pokemon that was stalled to a do nothing Status Move to thaw out.

Something that took me a while to realize, this game is an Isekai and all the Main Character brings with them to the new world is their phone... Isn't there an Anime about that?

I can't wait for this game! It's going to be worse because I preordered from the official website for the Arceus plushy and it's probably going to arrive late because of weather. At least the estimite or Jan 31-Feb 4 is still before my Birthday! :D (Feb 5)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/s8rzba Overworld Shinies have been confirmed before, but this is big. No more blaming ourselves over accidental resets.
OMGYesOMGYesOMGYes! Save when you hear the Shiny Sparkle and it's grantee to be yours! You get to try to find it again if you somehow despawn it be going away from it when looking for it! :D

Interesting note about the Unown: They aren't normal wild encounters all thrown into Solaceon Ruins. Instead they're now static encounter "collectibles" you find around the overworld in funny situations. Here's the screenshot of a friend's friend as an example:
View attachment 400139
In that case, i hope the screen fades to black every time you get one and the unown you caught just fades in and out of view like in Omori

This is Arceus' speech after completing the Pokédex:
View attachment 400141
EDIT: Source
Wait, so the Arceus we've known and used in-game that has been given out through events isn't actually Arceus, but a "part" of Arceus, an avatar of some greater power?

All these years, people have made jokes about how even God could be captured in a Pokeball, when in actuality it was Jesus the whole time.

The stat circles are apparently like LGPE candy (in the sense that they boost stats and come in different consumables for higher levels), but with less numbers and they are rocks. 10 levels reminds me of dynamax candy actually.
Sounds about right, though they don't seem to be as stupid easy to farm.

From what I've seen, basically this new Effort system kind of replace IVs. So far, I've only seen mons ranging from 0-3 naturally.

The effect itself is EXTREME. I'm talking mons having like, 10 more Attack points at 8 levels lower just off having 1 or 2 extra... EVs? We'll need a new name for that stat. :psysly:

Honestly, from the looks of it, it's like it conflates both IVs and EVs, but I'd need to properly check it. This should be clear once the datamines drop.

It's even better with sound.

Just out of curiosity, I haven't been keeping track to dodge story spoilers. Are Trade Evolutions still a thing? Asking specifically because of Graveler.

Just out of curiosity, I haven't been keeping track to dodge story spoilers. Are Trade Evolutions still a thing? Asking specifically because of Graveler.
There's a link cable item like PMD that can evolve trade evolutions manually as well, and there's some info on it from the comments of the big Machop reddit post.

"to evolve to Machamp? yes, but there's also an item that makes it evolve, sadly I don't have the in-game currency for that yet" source
"there are no microtransactions, it's just there are 2 currencies in the game, one very specific for buying evolution items" source
"You have to find satchels, there are few marked on the map but they are only worth like 10 points and to redeem the link cable item it's needed 1000 points sadly" source

The giant snail being clingy is so damn funny.
It's in its nature
1642737422630.png

1642737455259.png

Wonder if being stuck around Mt. Coronet made it fearful and lonely compared to its normally swampy habitats. If Hisuian-Goodra were the original ones, then they would have come out of their shells, both metaphorically and literally.

Wait, so the Arceus we've known and used in-game that has been given out through events isn't actually Arceus, but a "part" of Arceus, an avatar of some greater power?

All these years, people have made jokes about how even God could be captured in a Pokeball, when in actuality it was Jesus the whole time.
Wasn't that a well-known fan explanation, that the Arceus we obtain is an avatar of a higher being?

Last edited:
So I finally cracked and looked at story spoilers in the text dump

And all I wanna say is...

I CALLED IT! I FUCKING CALLED IT! I CALLED CYNTHIA'S ANCESTOR BEING THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE GAME BACK IN AUGUST! BACK BEFORE WE EVEN SAW VOLO! I KNEW THE KAMADO VILLAIN THEORY WAS TOO ON THE NOSE FROM THE START! CALL ME GARDEVOIR BC I BE USING FUTURE SIGHT!

...I will say, though, that when I first saw Volo I thought I was wrong and he wouldn't be evil, and that he would just be a quirky merchant guy. Never trust a dude who says 'boo' I guess :blobpensive:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there anything interesting to look foward too for the movepools though? there is only like 180 moves and most of the moves are generic.
Considering some notable moves like Earthquake were cut, that raises questions as to what several Ground-type Pokemon will get in its place. Dig isn't even there either so they can't count on that. It seems the only physical Ground STAB that exists in PLA are Bulldoze and High Horsepower, and the question remains as to whether Hippowdon and Garchomp can learn High Horsepower naturally since that's the strongest physical Ground STAB they've got.

Considering some notable moves like Earthquake were cut, that raises questions as to what several Ground-type Pokemon will get in its place. Dig isn't even there either so they can't count on that. It seems the only physical Ground STAB that exists in PLA are Bulldoze and High Horsepower, and the question remains as to whether Hippowdon and Garchomp can learn High Horsepower naturally since that's the strongest physical Ground STAB they've got.
Don't forget Torterra. My guess is more Ground types get access to High Horsepower in place of Earthquake. Which reminds me...
1642739321942.png

Why isn't Double-Edge Piplup being brought up? Is it event only, or an in-game change?

Here's a doc showing all of the changed moves and what got changed from SWSH. Notably, several moves from dlc2 are different from what we have now, even though they are unavailable.

Flags didn't match up at all, so they were skipped. I'll look a little more, if I find any that do match up, I'll add it and mention it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D8fcCXIsy_oE_SNtHUYV9q00Ta1ngQ27TAUFLcwK5xg/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Immediately found target data that lined up, adding them now (in all cases, the move was just changed to " AnyExceptSelf ").

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)