“ok so
Legend Plate works like this
when u use Judgment, Arceus's own type changes to being SE against the target
in this case, the Arceus is up against Zam
when it uses judgment, it turns into a dark type
stays dark type
and then changes to fairy type against machamp when it uses judgment again”

by Jibaku

It’s basically a broken Protean/Libero. We love it. The God is finally HERE.

EDIT:

It also “previews” the type you’ll change into. E.g. Grass-type Judgment vs Golem. No, you can’t pick... Wonder how the game determines what type to use.
Well.

Holy shit.

I wonder if it somehow calculates type effectiveness of the Pokemon's STABs vs itself, and e.g. decides Grass is a better typing vs Golem because it resists Ground moves (whereas Water resists neither) and picks Dark vs Alakazam (instead of Ghost or Bug) because it's immune to Psychic. I expect it just works it out in terms of the first in a list, but I'll be impressed if the move is actually that clever.

In particular, this seems important to know if the mechanic is ever introduced to Sword and Shield -- Dark is a *much* better type for Arceus than Ghost is when fighting Calyrex-S.

Does it swap back to Normal type if it's switched out and back in?

So basically you run Calm Mind, Judgement, Refresh, and Recover and you can completely destroy stall since Arceus is imposter proof thanks to the Sp. Def boosts.
I thought of this and unfortunately I'm pretty sure Refresh got Dexited. I think you'd probably want Iron Defense on this set anyway. You'd almost certainly want max speed to maximise defensive utility (especially if it does change to optimise defensive type in the case of a tie), and max special attack seems obvious because its special attack stat is fairly unimpressive by ubers standards.

That said, Judgement does now only have 5 PP. I wondered why they nerfed that. Now I don't.

As for charge moves: I hope they keep the change to Roar of Time tbh. Dialga could use the buff.

Last edited:
Well.

Holy shit.

I wonder if it somehow calculates type effectiveness of the Pokemon's STABs vs itself, and e.g. decides Grass is a better typing vs Golem because it resists Ground moves. I expect it just works it out in terms of the first in a list, but I'll be impressed if the move is actually that clever.

In particular, this seems important to know if the mechanic is ever introduced to Sword and Shield -- Dark is a *much* better type for Arceus than Ghost is when fighting Calyrex-S.

Does it swap back to Normal type if it's switched out and back in?

I thought of this and unfortunately I'm pretty sure Refresh got Dexited. I think you'd probably want Iron Defense on this set anyway. You'd almost certainly want max speed to maximise defensive utility (especially if it does change to optimise defensive type in the case of a tie), and max special attack seems obvious because its special attack stat is fairly unimpressive by ubers standards.

That said, Judgement does now only have 5 PP. I wondered why they nerfed that. Now I don't.
Werid, since it was a very useful to get rid of status. You can still used the aforementioned moveset in National Dex though.

We finally know how broken the item is:
“ok so
Legend Plate works like this
when u use Judgment, Arceus's own type changes to being SE against the target
in this case, the Arceus is up against Zam
when it uses judgment, it turns into a dark type
stays dark type
and then changes to fairy type against machamp when it uses judgment again”

by Jibaku

It’s basically a broken Protean/Libero. We love it. The God is finally HERE.

EDIT:

It also “previews” the type you’ll change into. E.g. Grass-type Judgment vs Golem. No, you can’t pick... Wonder how the game determines what type to use.
Has anyone found in the code how types are prioritized of if it randomly choose between super effective attacks?
Ideally, it should check if the typing would resist the opponent’s STABs as much as possible. Like if you were fighting a Focus Sash Marshadow, you wouldn’t want Arceus to become Ghost or Psychic, and instead would want Fairy or Flying.

Thinking about it... if Legend Plate Judgement does indeed use type effectiveness of the target's STABs as a tiebreaker, Ghost type must be a really rare pick.

The only scenario I can think of where Ghost would be both super effective against the target and provide better defensive utility than any other super effective type is vs Fighting/Psychics like Medicham. Against any other type combination, it will prefer Dark for its superior defensive utility against Psychic and Ghost (the only two types Ghost would be chosen against in the first place), or it will prefer to target the opponent's secondary typing for better defensive utility in the event that the target is not weak to Dark.

I somehow don't see the Legend Plate making it into a more traditional game, but if it does I wonder how it would interact with abilities. The obvious example would be Eelektross. Would it become Ground-type and deal no damage? Would it become one of the many types that are neutral to Electric? Or maybe it would become Ground-type and negate Levitate?

Or maybe it just won't appear outside LA. I think that's the most likely answer.

Ehh, I can see something like it making its way into the main games, given that Arceus is notoriously power crept pretty hard right now. It makes sense as a special held item and seeing people use it in Sword and Shield might help promote PLA.

Primal Groudon is another interesting example, since even if it respects abilities, it might not respect currently active weather conditions. I doubt we will ever get to test that, though.

I somehow don't see the Legend Plate making it into a more traditional game, but if it does I wonder how it would interact with abilities. The obvious example would be Eelektross. Would it become Ground-type and deal no damage? Would it become one of the many types that are neutral to Electric? Or maybe it would become Ground-type and negate Levitate?

Or maybe it just won't appear outside LA. I think that's the most likely answer.
If it uses the most optimal type, then it would probably become Grass Type. Resists Electric, deals Neutral damage back

Considering how the game bends over backwards to give you the best possible match up when you use slowbro-g's signature move of all things, I am willing to guess that the Legend Plate functions similarly: it's giving you the best concievable match up against that Pokemon.
Yeah, Shell Side Arm has more effort put into it than most other moves, but that just effectively a comparison of UAtk/TDef vs USpA/TSpD.
This is a lot more complicated and would need to factor in a lot more than a simple division comparison. If you were fighting a pure Ice type, it would need to choose between either 4 or 2 types, Fighting and Rock that don’t resist Ice, and Fire and Steel, which do resist Ice. Of it does factor in the defensive typing, would it choose Steel or Fire if it wasn’t a 50/50 chance? Going to Fire would sometimes be better depending on the opponent’s coverage moves. It also might default to Steel in this scenario as it overall has the most resists. It could also default to Fire as it might depend on the order types are in. There is also still the possibility of Judgement becoming Fighting or Rock as the item may not factor in the defensive typing and could be a 25% chance for all the 4 super effective types.

Yeah, Shell Side Arm has more effort put into it than most other moves, but that just effectively a comparison of UAtk/TDef vs USpA/TSpD.
This is a lot more complicated and would need to factor in a lot more than a simple division comparison. If you were fighting a pure Ice type, it would need to choose between either 4 or 2 types, Fighting and Rock that don’t resist Ice, and Fire and Steel, which do resist Ice. Of it does factor in the defensive typing, would it choose Steel or Fire if it wasn’t a 50/50 chance? Going to Fire would sometimes be better depending on the opponent’s coverage moves. It also might default to Steel in this scenario as it overall has the most resists. It could also default to Fire as it might depend on the order types are in. There is also still the possibility of Judgement becoming Fighting or Rock as the item may not factor in the defensive typing and could be a 25% chance for all the 4 super effective types.
I mean it still doesn't seem that complicated

Check the type most SE
In the event of a tie, choose the one that resists most on a full "face value" factor. I highly doubt coverage, items or anything other than possibly ability will come into play (irrelevant here, probably relevant if they bring this over otherwise), purely "what type will be super effective, but resist [type or type combo]"
In the event of THAT tying, then it comes down to if they want to check the full list of resistances
In the event of another tie, likely just go in the internal order

In the event of "most optimal decision for both offense and defense"
Ice Type (Pure)
Checks SE: Fighting, Rock, Fire, Steel. This is almost certainly the most important deciding factor because Judgement is meant to always get a SE hit
->Ties, all 4 are x2 effective
-->Check who resists Ice: Fire, Steel
---->Ties, both resist Ice.
------->Chooses Steel. It resists Ice while also resisting the most other types.

In the event of "only cares about resisting Ice specifically"
Ice Type (Pure)
Checks SE: Fighting, Rock, Fire, Steel.
-->Check who resists Ice: Fire, Steel
---->Ties, both resist Ice.
------->Chooses Fire. Fire is before Steel internally. Because it only wants to resist Ice, it doesn't care about anything else.

And so on. Yeah I'm sure if you really dig int oit you can come up with "well what about THIS" but its just going to come down to "what did they want to prioritize the most". Then it's just a chain of tie breakers based on that criteria.
A more complex one...working on the assumption of "resists best"
Water/Ice
Checks SE: Fighting, Rock, Grass, Electric
-->The big resistence check goes here. There's a number of ways I could write this out but it's 2:20 am here and i dont want to. Basically it will run a check on who best resists both while not being weak to either.
------->Chooses Electric (resists water, neutral to ice) over grass (resits water, weak to ice). If for some reason electric & grass were the same they'd choose whoever was first internally.
and so on and so forth.

View attachment 400690
Chloroblast is Electrode-H's signature move. There's been a bit of confusion since the day the name of the new moves were revealed cuz no one really knew who got Chloroblast. Hope this clears things up.

@/RoiDadadou
  • Make a new signature move to advertise this new Pokemon
  • Nerf thunderbolt, energy ball, and leaf storm so you can really feel that middling 80 special attack
Um, thanks GameFreak?
:pikuh:

So Headlong Rush is just EQ with Def and Sp Def recoil? And less PP?
That would be ground type close combat.

Ursaluna with Headlong Rush
@/RoiDadadou
View attachment 400696
Huh. Thank you for this. Weirdly, Ground appears to be Ursaluna's primary type. I'm not sure what to make of that.

How long did it take to learn the move? It wasn't at Lv. 100, was it?

RoiDadadou In addition to the above intel on Headlong Rush, you should be apprised that Rest is still Psychic-type after all.

Last edited:
I wonder if H-Zoroark will have any uses in Ubers as the fabled Marshadow killer, or if it will just end up being an ineffectual gimmick. Stantler would be legal for LC now too, I wonder how that will do.
I can actually see it having a legitimate niche.
It has more Speed than vanilla Palkia, which is actually a pretty big deal. If it gets Sword Dance, Shadow Sneak, and strong duel STABs, it would be carve out “Sword Dancer who naturally outspeed most of the meta” and “Sword Dancer that don’t care about Marshadow at all and even a little bit by Ditto”. All Uber set up sweepers have to be mindful of Marshadow (especially physical attackers) and Ditto. They typically get around this with things like bulk, priority, and increasing speed. Zoroark can just use Sword Dance/Nasty Plot (if it gets them) and simply not care about either (so long as illusion remains up as illusion blocks imposter).
Although I could be overestimating this niche since it’s still pretty weak and relies on its immunities for taking a hit.

I wonder if H-Zoroark will have any uses in Ubers as the fabled Marshadow killer, or if it will just end up being an ineffectual gimmick. Stantler would be legal for LC now too, I wonder how that will do.
With its bulk being so bad, I doubt it'll be a good Marshadow killer since Marshadow just 1-shots it with rock tomb.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Marshadow Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zoroark: 238-280 (94.8 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Your best bet in the Marshadow MU is to copy something that can bait it in for a revenge kill (like Giratina) and run similar attacks to it to not make the opponent think you are sus. But the mere fact that you have H-Zorark will have them feeling you are sus regardless.

With its bulk being so bad, I doubt it'll be a good Marshadow killer since Marshadow just 1-shots it with rock tomb.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Marshadow Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zoroark: 238-280 (94.8 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Your best bet in the Marshadow MU is to copy something that can bait it in for a revenge kill (like Giratina) and run similar attacks to it to not make the opponent think you are sus. But the mere fact that you have H-Zorark will have them feeling you are sus regardless.
What if Zoroark changes into something Marshadow would not use Rock Tomp against?

What if Zoroark changes into something Marshadow would not use Rock Tomp against?
It depends. Something Like Giratina-O is something Marshadow wouldn't wanna use Rock tomb against while also being a Pokemon Zoroark can copy the functionality of quite well. Another Pokemon like Solgaleo or Calyrax-S would also not want to be hit by Rock tomb. However, these 2 Pokemon don't run Shadow Ball / Hex, so the advantage of surprise would only work for 1 turn. The issue is the fundamental mechanic of team preview since it will make the Marshadow user more cautious of Zoroark, so they will sway into using Rock Tomb in more situations, such as against a low health, non-Scarf Kyogre, or something similar.

Additonally, H-Zoroark's competition is pretty tough with Calyrax-S being the strongest Pokemon in the tier, The fact that a good prediction can stop it from performing its one niche will make it a bit hard to justify using in an environment like Ubers, where every slot matters.

If Zoroark-H gets Shadow Sneak and Sword Dance, then Marshadow won’t win the fight. Of course, Marshadow (with CB and Rock Tomb) has a high chance to KO Zoroark, but Zoroark would just switch out. However, Marshadow is unable to switch into Zoroark (if it does get Sword Dance and Shadow Sneak).
+2 252+ Atk Spell Tag Zoroark Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 344-408 (107.1 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
So if Zoroark-H is allowed to set up, it can’t be stopped by Marshadow any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)