NOC 2d3 Mafia - Postgame (Mafia Win)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
I gotta book it becuase the package arrived and I don't wanna be late for work

but uh, quote me and tell me what you think about Dusk and Hal.
I've looked at Dusk's posts and I think there's some semblance of town there but not enough for me to confidently towncore them. TL for now.

Hal's done way too little for me to form any sort of read on him. I can buy that he's had a big weekend but I hope that he'll make some sort of contribution soon. If he doesn't then he may become a policy.

No, I don't really "go with the flow" in these things. One of my biggest pet peeves in a NOC is when people sheep each other cause townies not making their own decisions basically wastes the slot.

If I get a solid read I'll explain it and push it. Even if not, I'll take a side in an important conflict anyway to analyze the motivations of people on a wagon. This isn't a role heavy setup so I can't do as much to mechanically help solve things out, and I'm not really one to trust meta reads, so keeping track of important stuff and not getting distracted by fluff is most important to me.

I've been in a few games that have tried to no lynch d1 and it's usually a bad idea. Given the tepid nature of the conversations so far this is starting to resemble those games, which isn't a good sign.

I actually agree that Celever's day has been a little lackluster but I kind of brushed it off as personality. I figure scum is probably waiting around for something to happen, and I'm more likely to value any amount of activity as towny at this point (even though that's also a pretty weak tell).

unvote
I can see Blazade as townie

I've looked at Dusk's posts and I think there's some semblance of town there but not enough for me to confidently towncore them. TL for now.

Hal's done way too little for me to form any sort of read on him. I can buy that he's had a big weekend but I hope that he'll make some sort of contribution soon. If he doesn't then he may become a policy.
hes not helping town
tbh, i thought there'd be more interaction between Tommy and Hal by now.

CaffeineBoost

Fuck it, gonna post my reason for my vote on Celever:

Of the more active players, I think Celever's the only one who has provided no real content. This is in stark contrast to Bigvivor Day 1 where he had reads right out of the gate on his second post and while not necessarily in contrast with Wikimafia's Day 1, his tone in this game seems to me to be more jokey.

I get the sense that Celever's not in his usual mindset and that he may just be posting for the sake of looking active. The only post he's made which (imo) could be counted as substantial is:
This feels like a lot of correlation without causation

Tommy often angleshoots as town but Tommy not angleshooting doesn't mean he's not town

Caff is often chaotic at large but I think that's just Caff rofl, seems like he's tryharding which is fun tho since I'm not planning to
But this basically says nothing while looking like it might be saying something. There is no analysis here.

not willing to go for blazade atm. Don't think anyone has been really too active? Mostly you, tommie and celever.
I'd omgus, but I see your point. The scum hunting I was doing petered out between Tommy pointing out that reading for fresh meta doesn't really work without scumgames to read and the game pace flatlining.

Of the more active players, I think Celever's the only one who has provided no real content. This is in stark contrast to Bigvivor Day 1 where he had reads right out of the gate on his second post and while not necessarily in contrast with Wikimafia's Day 1, his tone in this game seems to me to be more jokey.

I get the sense that Celever's not in his usual mindset and that he may just be posting for the sake of looking active. The only post he's made which (imo) could be counted as substantial is:

But this basically says nothing while looking like it might be saying something. There is no analysis here.
I thought I saw a parallel between here and Bigvivor, so I chalked it up to low wim.

The fact that they aren't straight up shouting at each other to me suggests that something's different this game.
Maybe we need more input from them.

Celever

i am town

I've just slept for 17 hours because the one time I give myself a night out (on Wednesday) I catch something nasty. Hopefully it's not covid, I am double jabbed.

Granted I've read this thread in bed while sick but I think it's p disingenuous to say I'm the only one to have provided no real content, even more so to lump me in with active players. I think I've been asleep for more of this day phase than I've been awake for it for. I don't have reads on anyone at the moment because no one's giving readable content. Panic would be the strongest town lean, Haruno's looking towny too, but literally every other player is NAI to me besides the obligatory early town lean to Caff for trying his hardest to generate content.

So what's special about me I'd rather not get witch hunted lol

CaffeineBoost

I've just slept for 17 hours because the one time I give myself a night out (on Wednesday) I catch something nasty. Hopefully it's not covid, I am double jabbed.

Granted I've read this thread in bed while sick but I think it's p disingenuous to say I'm the only one to have provided no real content, even more so to lump me in with active players. I think I've been asleep for more of this day phase than I've been awake for it for. I don't have reads on anyone at the moment because no one's giving readable content. Panic would be the strongest town lean, Haruno's looking towny too, but literally every other player is NAI to me besides the obligatory early town lean to Caff for trying his hardest to generate content.

So what's special about me I'd rather not get witch hunted lol
Only stating your reads once you're called out. hmm. hmmmmm.

I'm lumping you with the active people because you've cleared the bar to be considered active. Not as active as usual but still active (compared to the other people in this game at least). At the time of evaluation my tiering of activity was:

Active (not in order): you, me, PS, Duskfall

Not Active: Everyone else, Blazade less so

Basically I feel that you've been active enough that I should be able to get some sort of read from you. Of the players I deemed active enough, you're the one who I can confidently say hadn't posted anything of content.

So now that we have something in this post, what's the reasoning behind it?

Celever

i am town
Only stating your reads once you're called out. hmm. hmmmmm.

I'm lumping you with the active people because you've cleared the bar to be considered active. Not as active as usual but still active (compared to the other people in this game at least). At the time of evaluation my tiering of activity was:

Active (not in order): you, me, PS, Duskfall

Not Active: Everyone else, Blazade less so

Basically I feel that you've been active enough that I should be able to get some sort of read from you. Of the players I deemed active enough, you're the one who I can confidently say hadn't posted anything of content.

So now that we have something in this post, what's the reasoning behind it?
IDK vibes, Panic is contributing more than anyone else and making reads out of nothing, I kinda autotownlean people who go against the grain and Haruno did that (though it's possible Haruno just scumleans activity given wikimaf, which makes it more NAI) and you're trying to generate content from other people. It's as level 1 as reads get because nothing's happened.

I'm down to ask for an extension. I still disagree I'm over the activity benchmark but if I am that's rather indicting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)