SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

some of these seem a little off, theres been 2 fire/rock families, only the one ghost/steel family, and only one poison/fighting family.
Oh I forgot Aegislash’s line had three mons. I totally forgot Honedge existed.

Crogunk and Toxicroak were the two Poison/Fighting’s.

And then Magcargo was the only Fire/Rock, right? Or am I missing one? Slugma is pure Fire.

Tell me about this.
So from the leaks, we know that Orichalcum Pulse is effectively Drought but better and Hadron Engine is effective Electric Electric Surge but better.
We don't know yet how they improve on both abilities yet (besides working with the respective Paradox Abilities) but one of the leakers (believe it's Khu) said it was these 2 abilities but stronger. It could just be that it works with those Paradox abilities, or something more.
My headcanon is that they aren't replaced by Weather/Terrains like regular Drought and Electric Surge are, which would be cool.

So from the leaks, we know that Orichalcum Pulse is effectively Drought but better and Hadron Engine is effective Electric Electric Surge but better.
We don't know yet how they improve on both abilities yet (besides working with the respective Paradox Abilities) but one of the leakers (believe it's Khu) said it was these 2 abilities but stronger. It could just be that it works with those Paradox abilities, or something more.
My headcanon is that they aren't replaced by Weather/Terrains like regular Drought and Electric Surge are, which would be cool.
Personally I'm more expecting that the abilities arent "actually" Drought and Electric terrains, rather one sets a Weather and one sets a Terrain, but their effects aren't "boost fire moves" and "boost electric moves" but something unrelated at all.

They did just make a new move that everyone has access to in Tera Blast so I guess it is also entirely possible for them to make a move all Paradox have access to that's essentially their special Sunny Day / Rain Dance while the box legends have their special Drought / Drizzle.

But I dunno if it'd even be viable having to sacrifice a moveslot and 1 turn just to get their abilities going. And another question would be if the move is only for Paradox mons, for everyone like Tera Blast or something weird where its mostly Paradox but some random mons get it for some reason.

Koraidon having something like Drought feels weird considering neither it nor any of the past Paradox Pokémon are Fire types.

But then again their ability is called ProtoSYNTHESIS.
I think the idea is Koraidon representing the Dawn of time. Drought also surprisingly works will for Koraidon given Terastallization and its typing. It can Terastallize into a Fire type to abuse Sun Boosts while keeping its STABs, then also lets it resist Ice and Fairy. Dragon/Fighting also resists Water and Rock, so Waters and Rocks only counter it after Terastallizing.

Koraidon having something like Drought feels weird considering neither it nor any of the past Paradox Pokémon are Fire types.

But then again their ability is called ProtoSYNTHESIS.
true, but this is something that Khu/Kaka said. The Future ones will be better synergized because none of the Past ones are Fire type

What I dont get is why the fighting dragon has an ability that boosts fire.

Probably extends the duration of their terrain up to 8 turns.
Seems unlikely to me for the terrain one since, well, Terrain Extender already exists. Why not just make that work with the new terrain? Unless they work as extender/weather rocks and additionally provide STAB boosts like Soul Dew/Orbs.

Well i guess we just need to wait till all this is out on the table via datamines. If the game is leaked and people are playing and showing pictures of pokemon and (maybe) base stats, i am surprised no one has taken pictures of these new abilities. The only ones i saw were ones i think were make up to screw with centro

Also surprised we havent seen the duck yet other then sprites

But I dunno if it'd even be viable having to sacrifice a moveslot and 1 turn just to get their abilities going. And another question would be if the move is only for Paradox mons, for everyone like Tera Blast or something weird where its mostly Paradox but some random mons get it for some reason.
Well, consider that some of the Paradoxes are actually defensive pokemon, so it's not necessarly unrealistic for this to be a thing, expecially if the payoff is worth it.

as a shot in the dark, i'm guessing that Koraidon's ability is going to be like sun, but i can't see it actually setting that (because it's not fire type? but it's evidently a weather move? maybe a new weather perhaps? or something that looks like sun but doesn't boost fire type moves..) and then protosynthesis will activate under this condition and i'm guessing it's going to be stat related, so maybe it boosts the paradox's highest stat? much like a variation of beast boost? i can't see it being type-boosting because none of them share a common type, and then the same for Miraidon and its future paradoxes..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)