SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Okay, I'll wait a week then.
This is grossly off topic now but can you at least tell us the Pokemon it was for people reading late like me. This literally doesn't matter but the curiosity is killing me.

We already know this but I don't think we got screenshots so here: screenshots of a Paradox Pokemon entering the field then immediately consuming its Booster Energy. This is also the final area against the final trainer so don't click if you care about that.
Screenshot_20221111_131901_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20221111_131904_1_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20221111_131910_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Interesting that the game specifies whether it was Harsh Sunlight or Booster Energy that activated Protosynthesis

just woke up and caught up. opinions on the new funny guys stats

i'm actually quite excited for Garganacl and idk why, its a strange fella but i like him, and the fact that he seems to have at least some promise is really cool to me. expected him to have WAY lower HP and SpDef, like 75/65 ish stuff, but 100/90 is actually close to ttar, tho no auto sand makes a big difference.

put him and ttar on the same team and blacephalon will never hurt you again

Lokix stats got me disappointed, expected him to be way faster at least, but Tinted Lens and decent speed and attack, maybe he can be a good cleaner.

Palafin in ridiculous, both in design and in stats and thats a good thing. pepsiman dolphin man is funny.

Kingambit's changed were... expected if unfortunate. At least it has a better attack stat, and has a way to power itself up further without relying on opposing stat drops, and Bisharp relied lots on Sucker Punch to begin with, so its not the end of the world. At least he didn't have wasted points go into SpAtk.

I think game freak finally started to warm up to(ironically) pure Ice Types, bc Cetitan actually has promise, decent speed and solid attack, actually optimised offenses, 3 good-to-great abilities. I can see this guy doing work, be it Slush Rush shenanigans, or like, Sheer Force Life Orb wallbreaking in lower tiers

Baxcallibur looks strong. definitely stronger than I expected, especially its move, Tidy Up? this Godzilla(n't) looking mf's signature move is called Tidy Up? lmao

when first looked at Glimmora, i thought nothing of it. thought it was gonna be a classic quirky 480 BST mon, but these stats looking kinda solid.

Klawf is about what I expected, but slightly better. dunno if Regen is gonna be too good on him, but its funny he gets it.

Annhilape definitely doesn't visually match his changes from primeape. he looks so pissed and dangerous, but he gets Bulky instead? Strange, but could've been off much worse i suppose.

Revavroom... filter is cool. it HAS to get Shift Gear, right? Cyclizar gets Shift Gear. This guy's a whole car engine. c'mon. shift your gears, buddy.

I'm a move guy. I like moves.
On Wo-chien: it's special oriented, which helps it a great deal as a snail. Probably Dark Pulse, or Firery Wrath?

On Headlong Rush: Ding-lu, Donphan (all thee), maybe even Hippowdon or Garchomp. I expect some non-Ground mons get it too, like Tauros maybe.

On Twin Beams: Almost certainly the scarab line. Maybe the Ostrich. Seems like a wide opportunity for distribution.

On Wo-chien: it's special oriented, which helps it a great deal as a snail.
By a very small margin, which is why I sense it will come down to movepool. It could even be the rare case where going mixed is desirable.

On Twin Beams: Almost certainly the scarab line. Maybe the Ostrich.
You may be right about the scarab. The ostrich's move is Lumina Crash, as seen in the stream yesterday (presumably Psychic-type).

I haven't really been following the leaks, but I don't like the sound of what I've heard. Recovery moves getting nerfed is sad, sprigattio evolves into furry bait, and protean/libero got nerfed.

I do like fidough's evolution tho.

Also, can someone explain what paradoxes are to me? I don't really get the concept.

Also, can someone explain what paradoxes are to me? I don't really get the concept.
UB-equivalents. They're Pokémon from a time corresponding to either version's boxart dragon.

E.g. it may look like a Jigglypuff you're seeing on your screen, but it's actually a super-ancient killer from Koraidon's period.

So "Paradox Jigglypuff" is just a descriptive nickname. It does not evolve into "Paradox Wigglytuff." It's a completely different beast called Scream Tail.

They're like prehistoric ancestors/future reconstructions of different mons from alternate timelines in scarlet/violet respectively. The scarlet paradoxes are all more toothy, hairy, and overgrown while the violet paradoxes are more-or-less all robot versions.

I like Tinkaton as much as the next guy but the copium needs to stop. Why would a mon with a 160 BP move get a signature item while other mons don't?
Sirfetch'd has the mighty stick and a fighting type hyper beam
A-Marowak has Thick Club and Rock Head Flare Blitz
Light Ball Pikachu has VoltTackle

If anything its MORE common for them to have items if they have crazy moves.

Personally I'd prefer a regenerator nerf to 25% as opposed to a recovery move nerf.

All this will cause is less options for a lot of balance teams and most teams being built around regenerator cores and things like wish bliss+clef. I just find it more likely that cool offensive Pokémon get banned because you can't check them long term.

I also agree with the sentiment that just because GameFreak made the game doesn't mean they're good at balance. They're the ones who introduced things like Mega Salemence and Zacian-Crowned.

Just because it's their game doesn't mean they make good decisions.
And so what's the alternative?

You can go play temtem if you don't like the way Gamefreak runs their own ip.

Or get hired by Gamefreak and climb the ranks to be a game director.

But armchairing about "should've" in a pokemon game really doesn't get us anywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)