SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Trailblaze getting a wide distribution should be appreciated. The countless struggles against bulky Water and/or Ground types have a decent answer for some mons that desperately needed Grass coverage. Sure, 50 base power is nothing to write home about, but +1 Speed is nice, it can have Grassy Terrain boost as well, and it's way better than getting completely walled or checked.

Do we know if it's a contact move?

Hematite Here you go: https://anonfiles.com/O4D8ccHcyc/waza_7z
I'm not sure if you have experience working with flatbuffers, but if not you'll probably not understand how they work that well just from looking at the hex data. I'd recommend taking a look at the documentation, since it provides some information about the resulting binary at the bottom of the page.
Ohhh gosh I am so sorry for not being any help after all,,
I feel very out of my depth here after all and a little bit embarrassed :'D
I am uh. struggling to even open the .bin file you sent OTL
I have never done this before from this step of the process;;

BDSP may have given me wrong expectations about what this was like, because all of the files I saw were .txt files like this and I thought just making sense of that efficiently was the part people had trouble with
but I am so dumb that I have been trying to figure out how to access the contents of the .bin you sent and literally have not even been able to open it yet :'D I am sorry for making a wrong assumption about the kind of help you might need,,

Uh, if you ever do have anything unreadable-but-still-in-text-form like the above, I would be happy to try to assist!!! but I might have to bow out of this and just focus on the text you just uploaded, haha
Thank you so much for that, though!!! and I am eager to look at the move data you've just sent!!!

Last edited:
Trailblaze getting a wide distribution should be appreciated. The countless struggles against bulky Water and/or Ground types have a decent answer for some mons that desperately needed Grass coverage. Sure, 50 base power is nothing to write home about, but +1 Speed is nice, it can have Grassy Terrain boost as well, and it's way better than getting completely walled or checked.

this will help chesnaught be a decent belly drummer. he's been struggling with that low 64 base speed but a +2 from salac and trailblaze should be enough to give it a decent niche in singles.

Ohhh gosh I am so sorry for not being any help after all,,
I feel very out of my depth here after all and a little bit embarrassed :'D
I am uh. struggling to even open the .bin file you sent OTL
I have never done this before from this step of the process;;

[size3]BDSP may have given me wrong expectations about what this was like, because all of the files I saw were .txt files like this and I thought just making sense of that efficiently was the part people had trouble with
but I am so dumb that I have been trying to figure out how to access the contents of the .bin you sent and literally have not even been able to open it yet :'D I am sorry for making a wrong assumption about the kind of help you might need,,[/size]

Uh, if you ever do have anything unreadable-but-still-in-text-form like the above, I would be happy to try to assist!!! but I might have to bow out of this and just focus on the text you just uploaded, haha
Thank you so much for that, though!!! and I am eager to look at the move data you've just sent!!!
I can provide an unlisted paste with all the data outputted, in a similar format to that. It would just be lacking the names, though. BDSP was nice in that its serialization format came with field names.

Flag_MakesContact is true, along with Flag_Protect and Flag_Mirror.

I'll put that in the next update.

By the way, can someone list multiple moves that raise stats, and what they raise exactly? Ancient Power has a different value from SS, and I'm not entirely sure what the value means.
Sword dance - 2 stage Atk
Agility - 2 stage Spe
Defense curl - 2 stage Def
Amnesia - 2 stage SpD
Nasty plot - 2 stage SpA
Dragon dance - 1 stage Atk, Spe
Bulk up - 1 stage Atk, Def
Calm mind - 1 stage SpA, SpD
Defense curl - 1 stage Def
Ancient Power - 1 stage Def, Atk, Spe, SpA, SpD
Quiver dance - 1 stage SpA, Spe, SpD
Trailblaze - 1 stage Spe
Meteor Mash - 1 stage Atk

So how does Tatsugiri and other pokemon (I forget its name) work? You have to have both in your party? Do the different colored Tatsugiri have anything unique about them, or just cosmetic?

So how does Tatsugiri and other pokemon (I forget its name) work? You have to have both in your party? Do the different colored Tatsugiri have anything unique about them, or just cosmetic?
From the datamine-specific thread:
Testing Mechanics on Commander

Posting my testing results on Commander here since DHR told me to! Commander is Tatsugiri's ability where it goes into Dondozo's mouth. Note I was only able to test this in an ingame battle, so I am missing some mechanics most likely.

General Mechanics

-When Tatsugiri is eaten by Dondozo, Dondozo gets a +2 boost in ALL of its stats!

-
When Tatsugiri is in Dondozo's mouth, it becomes impossible to hit (have not tested No Guard), it becomes a 1v2 battle. Basically, Dondozo can only move once per turn, and is the ONLY thing on your side that can move. Tatsugiri does nothing at ALL besides become an impossible to hit target. It can not use ANY moves.

-Dondozo can not switch out when it has Tatsugiri in its mouth. Think No Retreat.

- Spread moves still mention missing Tatsugiri when used against Dondozo. I am unsure if this impacts the damage calculation or not.

- If Dondozo switches in, it swallows Tatsugiri before any moves are thrown. As a result, Tatsugiri will have its move "cancelled". Anything targeting Tatsugiri will miss as well.

- Tatsugiri will go into Dodozno's mouth even if it Tatsugiri is Terrastalyzed.

- When Dondozo faints, Tatsugiri is spat out, and functions like a normal Pokemon once more (there is no animation for this). I am unsure if Tatsugiri can be hit by an attack right after Dondozo faints or not, the ingame battle was too weak unfortunately.

-Dondozo can still Terrastalyze with Tatsugiri in its mouth.

-If Tatsugiri is inflicted with Curse (the ghost one), it WILL still take that damage in Dondozo's mouth, and can still faint because of it. Dondozo keeps the boosts it got from eating Tatsugiri. Note that my Tatsugiri was hit by Curse when Dondozo was not on the field, so I'm unsure if Curse can hit it when its eaten.

-If Tatusugiri faints inside Dondozo's mouth, Dondozo will still be unable to switch out. However, a partner can now be switched in with Dondozo to make things function like a more normal double battle. Dondozo will still keep the boosts it got from eating Tatsugiri as well.

- Dondozo can only eat one Tatsugiri per match. No double dipping!

-Dondozo can actually target Tatsugiri. The attacks seem to always miss though. Order Up will still provide its given boost regardless of missing Tatsugiri.

EDIT: did a double battle with a Mimikyu in it. I can confirm that Order Up still does its stat boost when used against a Fairy-type! The Fairy is still unaffected as normal.

Order Up

Order Up is an 80 BP physical Dragon-type attack that boosts one of Dondozo's stats depending on the Tatsugiri's forme. Here are the combinations!

Yellow Tatsugiri makes Order Up Boost Speed.

Orange Tatsugiri makes Order Up Boost Attack

Red Tatsugiri
makes Order Up Boost Defense

Things to test that I couldn't

Since I was doing an ingame battle, I couldn't set things up perfectly to test everything I wanted. Here are more things to test on a later date!

- Do other statuses, such as burn and toxic poisoning, work the same way on Tatsugiri that Curse does?

- Can Tatsugiri be attacked on the same turn that Dondozo faints?

- Is there ANYTHING that can hit Tatsugiri when its eaten?

- How does the damage calculation for spread moves work against Dondozo?

Maushold gets population bomb, a 20 BP move that hits 1-10 times and TECHNICIAN. I'm not sure of the odds for Loaded Dice but that gives Mouse a theoretical 300 BP move, 450 with STAB.

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 217-256 (51.6 - 60.9%)

Of course if loaded dice is not high odds, or if pop-bomb has weighted rolls to be weaker, this might still be bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)