SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Sigh.
Not gonna lie, Centro's making me want to stop doing spreadsheets for future games again.
They keep posting everyone's work/leaks/images without any form of credit anywhere to be found.

The result is simple : people ask them about things in their replies, and won't ever get an answer. Because Centro didn't take this screenshot. Or make this sheet. Or datamine this info. They only took it from someone else. Everyone gets misinformed, no one gets credits, and the very very worse, no one gets answers.

It's sad to see them act like this, and sometime not encouraging at all.

Fortunately, I love spreadsheets, and you guys, so I won't be stopping anytimes soon.

On this note take care, I'm really going to bed, this time.

Last edited:
anyone know if there is anything after you defeat SADA? I'm currently in the middle of the gym-checkup thing after becoming champion. Idk if there is another story after that tho, because we still haven't seen any mention of miraidon. I know that turo is violet-exclusive, but I think both legends should appear in both no?

0 Atk Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 156-186 (104 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I take back everything sad I said about Tinkaton's "lack of power." I know Iron Valiant isn't exactly a tank but this calc was made with VGC in mind and I anticipate it as a very strong HO threat. And Tinkaton with HP and Def investments is only taking 45%-54% from Close Combat (which hits harder than super effective Fire Punch). That's a good chunk taken out but then you have Helping Hand and Baby-Doll Eyes as excellent support moves.

No investment Gigaton Hammer does a max of 94% to uninvested Cetitan but you could move some EVs from Def to Attack if necessary. If you move enough for a 50% chance to OHKO, max Attack Cetitan's Stomping tantrum only does 49%.

Haven't ran the calc but I also expect her to murder Chien-Pao. I'm still hoping for special Hammer items but she'll still do great without it.

What other threats do you think I should anticipate calc-ing for?

anyone know if there is anything after you defeat SADA? I'm currently in the middle of the gym-checkup thing after becoming champion. Idk if there is another story after that tho, because we still haven't seen any mention of miraidon. I know that turo is violet-exclusive, but I think both legends should appear in both no?
Maybe spoiler what you said. To answer your question
Go do History classes in school to start the quests that let you catch the Ruin Quarter. Afaik the box legends are version exclusive. Easiest way to get the other box legend is you can catch the 2nd Koraidon by going back to the postgame cave and trade that for a Violet player's 2nd Miraidon

Maybe spoiler what you said. To answer your question
Go do History classes in school to start the quests that let you catch the Ruin Quarter
sry, my bad, I thought everyone here was aware of the big SPOILER tag in the title lol so they knew what to expect. but I got another question, will we be able to catch both legenderies in a single version? just like previous gens

0 Atk Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 156-186 (104 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I take back everything sad I said about Tinkaton's "lack of power." I know Iron Valiant isn't exactly a tank but this calc was made with VGC in mind and I anticipate it as a very strong HO threat. And Tinkaton with HP and Def investments is only taking 45%-54% from Close Combat (which hits harder than super effective Fire Punch). That's a good chunk taken out but then you have Helping Hand and Baby-Doll Eyes as excellent support moves.

No investment Gigaton Hammer does a max of 94% to uninvested Cetitan but you could move some EVs from Def to Attack if necessary. If you move enough for a 50% chance to OHKO, max Attack Cetitan's Stomping tantrum only does 49%.

Haven't ran the calc but I also expect her to murder Chien-Pao. I'm still hoping for special Hammer items but she'll still do great without it.

Not to mention its access to Knock off and fake out (which is becoming scarcer this gen). Own tempo is also pretty solid for vgc. All and all she will be a pretty solid pick for vgc, though she would be more solid if clefable and togekiss weren't dead.

sry, my bad, I thought everyone here was aware of the big SPOILER tag in the title lol
Unless something happened to he other thread, this is the threat for stats, items, and general data. There's another thread for story stuff iirc.

though she would be more solid if clefable and togekiss weren't dead.
How so? To me, their absence makes her better bc otherwise she'd be competing with them for the spot of Fairy-type support.

Do we have a list of notable Pokemon who lost Defog in combination with Roost this gen? At the top of my head are Scizor and Hydreigon. Stall is deadx2 say hello hazards meta lol

You're probably referring to this post from Thursday. I also misremembered seeing "Defenses," both plural and capitalized, but "Defense stats" is no less painfully ambiguous. If not for the capital letter, you could read it either way. For comparison, Sandstorm's text reads "Sp. Def stats" in Gen 9 and Gen 9 alone. Had GameFreak just copypasted their text from Gens 7-8 as in so many other cases, this would not even be a problem.
Huh. Alright, yeah, put that way, that's fairly easy to interpret. Appreciate the answer.

Though, uh, is there any answer at the moment about my Dudunsparce question? Whether the two forms' weights are different enough that each form takes different damage from Low Kick or not?

SO considering that no one has found Apriballs/Apricorns yet I assume they’re not going to be in the base game as obtainable items - but does anyone have the item list for the full item list? do we, by any chance, know if the balls are programmed into the game and can be “traded” over or anything like that?

This is really important to me ok
r-kun had a Fast Ball from the school post-game challenge thing in their most recent stream, so I think they're rare rewards. What I really want to know is if any of the PLA balls made it in, if they're breedable, or if we're stuck with the green mess for those mons.

Just realized that Zacian gained Trailblaze this generation. That’s hilarious. Quagsire was on of the few Pokémon that actually could wall a Zacian in singles and it got it to the top 15 of Some BSS seasons where Zacian was on top. It feels like it made a deal with the devil for easy grass coverage to get past Quagsire for good, but at a dire cost. I hope getting to kill a sub 500 BST Pokémon was worth losing your perma instant +1, kiddo

sry, my bad, I thought everyone here was aware of the big SPOILER tag in the title lol so they knew what to expect. but I got another question, will we be able to catch both legenderies in a single version? just like previous gens
Catching both legendaries in one game is far from the norm… it’s only worked like that in Gold & Silver and third versions. Koraidon and Miraidon are version-exclusive, just like Groudon and Kyogre, Dialga and Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom, Xerneas and Yveltal, Solgaleo and Lunala, and Zacian and Zamazenta all were.

How so? To me, their absence makes her better bc otherwise she'd be competing with them for the spot of Fairy-type support.
60 Atk Tinkaton Megaton hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 306-362 (98.3 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

60 Atk Tinkaton Megaton vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clefable: 378-446 (95.9 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

this is based on the doubles usage sets on the calcs. Also assuming you are running a berry or some other support item on tinkaton

Catching both legendaries in one game is far from the norm… it’s only worked like that in Gold & Silver and third versions. Koraidon and Miraidon are version-exclusive, just like Groudon and Kyogre, Dialga and Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom, Xerneas and Yveltal, Solgaleo and Lunala, and Zacian and Zamazenta all were.
maybe in the DLC?

Competitively, I'm a bit torn on a lot of these Paradox 'mons.

The future ones are neat, but Tapu Koko's not in the game, meaning their ability's basically dead without using the hold item.

The past ones seem better in that regard, since Sun is easier to set up, and Torkoal is in the game to do that.

IDK, w/ D-Max axed most VGC Pokmon will be like be running Protect again, so using Gigaton Hammer will always be a 50 / 50 since you can't use it twice in a row. If using it against Protect doesn't count as a use of the move though, it will be quite potent.

Sigh.
Not gonna lie, Centro's making me want to stop doing spreadsheets for future games again.
They keep posting everyone's work/leaks/images without any form of credit anywhere to be found.
Hi! I'm not sure if it helps to say so, but I remember having problems with my work being attributed to other people around the time of BDSP, and I found it helpful to add credits to the sheet itself!

For instance, your own sheet plainly declares "This is not Centro's Sheet, it does not belong to them" in very big red letters,
but... you didn't put your name anywhere on the sheet as far as I can tell. You're relying on other people to be decent enough to give you credit where it's due, but if you keep getting burned, genuinely the easiest way to fix that is just making sure the sheet itself says where it comes from, so even people who follow a link to the sheet without credit will see that it's yours.

I've done this with my sheets in the past, and most people are decent about making sure my name ends up in any videos and screenshots because it's always visible on the sheet - it helps a lot when other leak compilers have problems doing this. C:
You can see an example of this in the top row of my sheet from earlier, which clearly states who made the sheet (me) and where the data came from (slp32) and has a link to the original mine for comparison's sake - it's impossible for anyone using my sheet not to know where it originated, even if whoever links the sheet doesn't choose to extend that courtesy themself. It's a good strategy to avoid stuff like this without placing undue faith in the other leak compilers if you keep seeing your work linked without the context or credit - just make sure the context and credit you want viewers to have is all contained in the link!
On a related note, I know you asked about adding my sheet to yours, but is there any chance you might add that line back to it? For the same reasons we're already talking about and all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)