Best pokemon to prepare for the 7 star charizard?

To be honest right now it's not really possible to know without knowing the moveset first.

That said... the same stuff that works for 6stars should probably work 7. Any of the bulky fairy for example.

To be honest right now it's not really possible to know without knowing the moveset first.

That said... the same stuff that works for 6stars should probably work 7. Any of the bulky fairy for example.
That said unless they cheat and give it moves it doesn't normally obtain an Ability Shield Dachsbun should work pretty well since it is immune to both the Charizard's STABs.

That said unless they cheat and give it moves it doesn't normally obtain an Ability Shield Dachsbun should work pretty well since it is immune to both the Charizard's STABs.
well they don't need to. Charizard still has access to stuff like rock slide, thunder punch, solar beam, air slash, hurricane, etc.
Many of the r6 Tera have arbitrary coverage to hit stuff immune to their stabs, so I'd expect charizard to have same

Dachsbun @ Lax, Steel Tera
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
Well Baked Body
Ability Shield
-Baby Doll Eyes
-Draining Kiss
-Yawn
-Helping Hand

I also have a Sp. Def one just in case. Tera Steel for defense. Baby doll eyes + def investment makes up for the weakness to a possible earthquake. Makes Dachsbun resist almost every other type except Fighting.

Helping Hand to power up your dps, draining kiss to heal, yawn to put them to sleep, and baby doll eyes to drop it's attack.

The Sp. Def Dachsbun uses Snarl instead of Baby Doll Eyes to drop Sp. Atk.

I'm probably just going to pull up with Tera-Fairy Azumarill. It's fat enough not to worry horribly and Play Rough is going to CRUSH DragonZard.
The "problem" is getting to that point.

You can't rely on the Tera because more often than not you are at risk of getting nuked before you have the charges to teralyze in first place.
I've done several t5 and t6 raids where noone got to Tera or just got to tera on last like 10%.

Don't pick a pokemon too vulnerable to a potential coverage move (in this case, Solar Beam, though I actually don't think it'll have it, and Thunder Punch if they make it physical) before we know its moveset :P

I made these around the time he was announced. I might revisit some of these ideas in a couple of days.
Iron Thorns @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

Coalossal @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Fire Punch
- Body Press
- Sandstorm

Drednaw @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Ice Fang
- Jaw Lock

Drednaw @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough
Edit: An important factor for raids is how you spend your first few turns setting up with your team usually, so these builds are less team-friendly and more survival and from what I've learnt this past week, people don't play the long game, you can't just survive.

Last edited:
Could Ceruledge work?

Immune to Fire and Normal, resistant to Grass, Steel -- which are basically GF Zard's most common coverage moves. Doesn't resist Dragon and doesn't do SE damage though.

Gonna go in with either Ting-Lu or Belly Drum + Tail Whip Azumarill depending on the party.

Ting-Lu has its SpA debuff ability, can repeatedly Snarl to further weaken Charizard's special attacks, Bulldoze to slow it down, and if it comes with status moves, I have Taunt, as well. Tera Ground Earthquake to eventually do decent damage vs the Tera Shield later on.

We all know what BD Azu does, but Tail Whip is nice alongside other physical set up sweepers to really put the hurt on Charizard during the early phases of the match.

Edit:

Actually, on second thought, Ability Shield Dachsbun sounds fire as hell, might try that.

Last edited:
Don't the event-raids usually have more than 4 moves? I think it's going to be a case of pumping something to Level 100, and just brute forcing your way through and hoping you get teammates with the same general idea. We'll know the type of moves Zard will carry on Thursday, anyway so we can better prep.

I'm gonna stick with Iron Hands + Belly Drum and hope for the best lol it's gotten me through a lot of 6* raids.

Don't the event-raids usually have more than 4 moves? I think it's going to be a case of pumping something to Level 100, and just brute forcing your way through and hoping you get teammates with the same general idea. We'll know the type of moves Zard will carry on Thursday, anyway so we can better prep.
Yep, most 5 and 6 star raids have some extra moves.

From what i've noticed, the "extra moves" are usually either buff or field condition, safe to say Sunny Day and Dragon Dance have very high chance to be there.
If Sunny Day happens to be in the moveset, there'd be a case to look into the various past Paradoxes who could get the Protoshyntesis boost basically for free without needing to bring over Koraidon (who'd be horribly vulnerable to both the "stab" and flying coverage)

Also this makes me wonder if Rage Powder / Follow Me even work with raids... I used to cheese some event raids like Zeraora in the past with Follow Me Clefable...

Assuming this Charizard isn't going to be invested with EVs, I recommend running your Dachsbuns with 44 Speed EVs if running a Speed-neutral nature. This'll allow your Dachsbun to hit 237 Speed which is 1 point faster than level 100 Charizard's if it has 31 IVs in Speed and is at least Speed-neutral, giving it 236. This will let you outrun 21/25 31 Speed IV Charizards, only being outran by +Speed variants. However, if you want to outrun ALL Charizard, Timid/Jolly with 44 EVs minimum will do it for you, giving you 260 Speed vs Charizard's potential 259. This will make the difference when going for things like Snarl or Draining Kiss before Charizard can act.

Last edited:
The "problem" is getting to that point.

You can't rely on the Tera because more often than not you are at risk of getting nuked before you have the charges to teralyze in first place.
I've done several t5 and t6 raids where noone got to Tera or just got to tera on last like 10%.

Don't pick a pokemon too vulnerable to a potential coverage move (in this case, Solar Beam, though I actually don't think it'll have it, and Thunder Punch if they make it physical) before we know its moveset :P
Currently the Azu I have has Play Rough/Charm/Aqua Tail/Brick Break. I might give it Encore over Aqua Tail for the Raid. Sunny Day + Solar Beam would be more concerning to me than Thunder Punch because of Charm. Although that Time Limit is probably the biggest obstacle.
Azu is such a GOAT in-game. Styles on every single Titan.

The title say all! Say your thought.

I was thinking a water mon with ice move for tera shield.
i am going with a Fairy tera type Mimikyu with reflect, Light screen, draining kiss, and play rough
light clay as the equipped item
i'm going for kind of a support set up

I've not tried it yet but looking it up on Serebii
Moves
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Hurricane
Focus Blast
Additional Moves
Overheat
Tera Blast
Sunny Day
Inferno

Interestingly Fidough really does seem like the best shot against him. Just watch out for Hurricanes I guess.
Also a guaranteed Ability Patch with a chance at a second one, that's pretty cool.

Charizard lvl 100
Ability: Modest
IVs: Perfect
297 HP, 183 Atk, 192 Def, 236 Def, 206 Sp. Def, 279 Sp. Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

I did it with randoms, first attempt was with 4 Azus. Who's to say how close to the planned "meta" they were, but it was rough. Hurricanes were wiping these blue rats out left and right. 2nd attempt was with 3 Azus and a Life Dew Chansey, that went beyond smooth. No one died, and damage was being dished out.

All in all looks like Azu hits pretty hard, Dashbun survives a bit more than expected.

Considering it's fully special, it's time to bring over AV Blissey :zonger:

Life Dew + Light Screen Chansey or Blissey does seem like the support tech honestly.

Sadly I don't think there's any good Cloud Nine pokemon to negate the sun, and Tyranitar is just going to get blasted into oblivion by the first random Focus Blast.

Not quite sure why it has Tera Blast considering it's Dragon tera and has Dragon Pulse anyway...

OK I jsut did one of these with my Dachsbun and 3 randos who came prepared. 2 Azumarills and a Grimmsnarl (light screen support)

It was....the jankiest battle I've ever seen. So the azu's literally burned through the entire health bar. Like cleaned it right out
The shield still got put up, over an empty health bar
then the health bar just suddenly had the health to match it
then towards the end it burned through all the hp again thanks to the azus, right?
btu then after a grimmsnarl attack it came back some
btu they brought it down again
then it finally broke the shield
but now it had like a quarter health again
and then attacks just kind fo hit it but not really and then finally it was dead (also i was the only one who died my dog was only level 75 and i had bad hurricane luck lol)

i mean we won and i got my 'zard (& ability patch) but lol and dare I even say, lmao

OK I jsut did one of these with my Dachsbun and 3 randos who came prepared. 2 Azumarills and a Grimmsnarl (light screen support)

It was....the jankiest battle I've ever seen. So the azu's literally burned through the entire health bar. Like cleaned it right out
The shield still got put up, over an empty health bar
then the health bar just suddenly had the health to match it
then towards the end it burned through all the hp again thanks to the azus, right?
btu then after a grimmsnarl attack it came back some
btu they brought it down again
then it finally broke the shield
but now it had like a quarter health again
and then attacks just kind fo hit it but not really and then finally it was dead (also i was the only one who died my dog was only level 75 and i had bad hurricane luck lol)

i mean we won and i got my 'zard (& ability patch) but lol and dare I even say, lmao
The weird health stuff happens even on solo raids now. It looks like one of the “fixes” from the update was to prevent you from one-shotting the bosses by adding damage caps to the start and end of the shield. They even did this wrong tho and still show you one-shotting them before snapping their health back up lol.

The weird health stuff happens even on solo raids now. It looks like one of the “fixes” from the update was to prevent you from one-shotting the bosses by adding damage caps to the start and end of the shield. They even did this wrong tho and still show you one-shotting them before snapping their health back up lol.
Which is wild since they already have damage caps implemented in the game as-is; Titan Klawf has one so it can run away for round 2, and all of the wild tera pokemon will retain put a stopper on (direct) damage

you can't even blame time constraints on this one!

The set:

Dachsbun @Ability Shield
Calm
252 HP/6 Special Attack/252 Special Defense Attack IV: 0
-Snarl
-Howl
-Mud-Slap
-Helping Hand

Took 2 tries to get the Charizard:

First Try: 2 Azumarill and... an Iron Hands. Nothing really got done. My dog barely died compared to everyone else, but the Azumarill kept effectively killing themselves and the Iron Hands did nothing

Second Try: 1 Azumarill, 1 Umbreon, 1 Sylveon. The Azumarill got off a single +6 Play Rough then spent the rest of the fight dying. However, that attack was very important since it knocked out most of the health. The rest of the fight was myself and the Umbreon user supporting the Sylveon, which ended up going tera and spamming Draining Kiss until it died.

I use Hatterene as a supporter. Nuzzle and Convert Cloak are great techs.
Life Dew and Light Screen to Support others.

PLEASE SOMEBODY READ THIS:
How do I do Level 2 Raid Power for Dragon???

I've cleared thru the raid about 6 or 7 times now with randos and while it's pretty janky (with the health bar popping up and down and zard getting like 4 or 5 attacks in at once it can be pretty brutal)

Ive personally had success with this

Dachsbun lv 100 @ Leftovers (The charizard doesnt have any moves that will lower your stats and draining kiss barely deals any damage so leftovers pretty much covers its utility)
Careful
252 SP Def and maybe a few points in defense Pentamaxed with Sp. Atk being the odd IV out
- Snarl
- Play Rough
- Baby Doll Eyes (I dont think this is useful as I think the Charizard doesn't use any physical moves)
- Work Up

Ive been in a few different teams mostly composed of Azumarills, the occasional Sylveon, even a Baxcalibur that was doing crazy damage lmao
Teams that have failed usually included mostly any dragon type (honestly I think the Baxcalibur got ridiculously lucky as they only fainted once) or a fighting type (Iron Hands)

A few things ive noticed is that the Charizard can only hit Dachsbun with one move, that move being Hurricane, after he hits about 50% health he'll proc Sunny Day which means that Hurricane's chance to hit decreases from 70% to 50%, using Snarl twice at the beginning of the match usually negates the damage of Hurricane and I have not once seen charizard remove debuffs from himself (save for the one time at the beginning of the match he starts with overheat and then removes debuffs) so the Snarl should stick for the whole fight. Work Up is there to boost your Atk stat so that Play Rough will hit about half of what an Azumarills will. I think the real key to this fight is to 1. Not die (pretty easy with Dachsbun) and 2. Heal your Azumarils (any time they hit half health)

Rewards are pretty good even after you have Charizard (I think you get like 10 calciums and 6-8 XL candies at least among other things)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)