UU UU Masters V - Round 6 (REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY)

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
UU Masters V

banner by Lily

Welcome to the fifth iteration of UU Masters! Matchups are standard SV UU, best-of-three, double elimination.
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SV UU.
  • Best-of-three, double elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, ideally on the smogtours server.
  • SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.

Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer the widest range of time possible to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
That aside, feel free to get back to me if you still have any questions regarding this tournament after reading this post.

Winners Bracket

Sylvi  vs  Tal0
umbry  vs  NHelioX7
hariyana grande  vs  Sificon
udongirl  vs  pichus
TyCarter  vs  Kev
Lily  vs  Lyssa
Jhonx~  vs  KM
robjr  vs  starbitstorm
Raurone  vs  Lialiabeast
Inder  vs  justdrew
bb skarm  vs  Cam
Parpar  vs  Micciu
gorex  vs  Monz
TLTK  vs  Shaneghoul
pokemonisfun  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
TPP  vs  Mossy Sandwich

Losers Bracket

rizen1  vs  JustFranco
Moutemoute  vs  Totomon
Shiba  vs  Thiago Nunes
Queen of Bean  vs  NoahDeKnight
pdt  vs  Lavern
Guille14  vs  Crushy
Tuthur  vs  LpZ
dunoks  vs  Eivor
yovan33321  vs  ImDoneThrowing
Celebiii  vs  mfhoundoom
Estarossa  vs  MrSoup
RampageWebber  vs  Gomure
DraconicLepus  vs  Drud
BigFatMantis  vs  Meru
jawabarat  vs  ASKid679
Javi  vs  avarice

The deadline for this round will be Sunday, March 5th at 7:00 PM GMT -5.

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY!!

Last edited:

Corperate n

my bowels turned watery
is a Tiering Contributor
predicts for funsies

Winners Bracket

Sylvi
 vs  Tal0 - idk i assume these are both pia people just went with gut
umbry  vs  NHelioX7 - umbry is rly good and idk this person
hariyana grande  vs  Sificon - i assume hari is gonna bring some good teams and win
udongirl  vs  pichus - pia stays winning tbh
TyCarter  vs  Kev - idk much about kev but ive liked some tycarter games ive watched
Lily  vs  Lyssa - excited to watch this, hopefully both bring cool teams
Jhonx~  vs  KM - bolding who ive seen more of but i know jhonx is no slacker too so should be a good close series
robjr  vs  starbitstorm - weee go smashers
Raurone  vs  Lialiabeast - no idea but one claims french nationality
Inder  vs  justdrew - should be a good game, just my gut feeling
bb skarm  vs  Cam - LOL funny mu, think skarm is a little sharper and probs a little more invested
Parpar  vs  Micciu - :pouss:
gorex  vs  Monz - idk either tbh just bolded name ive seen
TLTK  vs  Shaneghoul - more players i know little about but i think i haxed shane in bw ru or smth so just take the bold as recompense
pokemonisfun  vs  Dj Breloominati♬ - maybe it would be different if they were playing adv dou instead but have to bold pif
TPP  vs  Mossy Sandwich - pia will change underused forever

Losers Bracket

rizen1  vs  JustFranco - seen him win before (vs me)
Moutemoute  vs  Totomon - i only see winners here
Shiba  vs  Thiago Nunes - shigood
Queen of Bean  vs  NoahDeKnight - she's on the come up
pdt  vs  Lavern - i think this will be a good series to watch
Guille14  vs  Crushy - this guys so good and also so nice
Tuthur  vs  (Winner of LpZ vs AV11) - idk
dunoks  vs  (Winner of Eivor vs Oksowhatstheplan) - i think this guys in pia? if not dunoks wins but pia is dangerous
yovan33321  vs  ImDoneThrowing - pia (?)
Celebiii  vs  (Winner of mfhoundoom vs Goro Yagami) - goro only brings ho and cel should b able to exploit. idk third person
Estarossa  vs  (Winner of Draphirion vs MrSoup) - yay smashers :3333
RampageWebber  vs  Gomure - just a guess
DraconicLepus  vs  Drud - guess
BigFatMantis  vs  Meru - guess but hl match
jawabarat  vs  ASKid679 - guess
Javi  vs  avarice - more proven

rooting for my friends

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
sleeping is important
I have nothing but great respect for your practically unrivaled capabilities in UU - but I just find it a bit jarring that you speak like this (not in spite of being a great UUer, but because you are one) when asking to rescheduling when Smogon rules clearly say it’s up to Lavern if they want to play https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/give-activity-wins-for-missed-times.3700409/#post-9498221

we gotta be respectful of other people’s time, if Lavern ends up rescheduling or not, it’s totally within their rights.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
I have nothing but great respect for your practically unrivaled capabilities in UU - but I just find it a bit jarring that you speak like this (not in spite of being a great UUer, but because you are one) when asking to rescheduling when Smogon rules clearly say it’s up to Lavern if they want to play https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/give-activity-wins-for-missed-times.3700409/#post-9498221

we gotta be respectful of other people’s time, if Lavern ends up rescheduling or not, it’s totally within their rights.
There's rules and then there's etiquette. According to ABR, missing one scheduled time is an act. I think that's completely fair under certain conditions: like if it's a Sunday and the deadline is fast approaching, or if you seriously can't play beyond that point and that was made clear. But when it's a Wednesday, with 4 more days available to play, and the user has made clear they have a lot of availability, it is bad etiquette to call act and nullify what would be a good match. The purpose of this site is to play Pokemon competitively and improve and if you are knowingly avoiding playing a game (in this scenario specifically) that is notably cringe and uncompetitive. Are we really wanting to win so badly that we choose to not play or compete? At the end of the day it's up to the TD's discretion. Just my two cents on the matter.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

very true pif that is indeed the rule, 7-8 hours is also important for conducive mental and physical health, and wednesday is far away from sunday

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
There's rules and then there's etiquette. According to ABR, missing one scheduled time is an act. I think that's completely fair under certain conditions: like if it's a Sunday and the deadline is fast approaching, or if you seriously can't play beyond that point and that was made clear. But when it's a Wednesday, with 4 more days available to play, and the user has made clear they have a lot of availability, it is bad etiquette to call act and nullify what would be a good match. The purpose of this site is to play Pokemon competitively and improve and if you are knowingly avoiding playing a game (in this scenario specifically) that is notably cringe and uncompetitive. Are we really wanting to win so badly that we choose to not play or compete? At the end of the day it's up to the TD's discretion. Just my two cents on the matter.
the point of rules, in my opinion, is largely so you can implement consistent behavior without making subjective calls - it makes things fair.

A large point of that thread, ironically, was that people were no showing early in the week and expecting to be able to play still. It’s quite clear to me in that thread that this behavior isn’t allowed.

The rules do allow act to be called, that much is clear. But imo if you can still play you should still play, it’s kinda a bad look to not play. I would still play if I could still play and I’m sure many others would too because at the end of the day we are supposed to be here to play Pokémon games.

But the rules do allow for act here - I just think the individual should kindly reconsider in a situation like this. If they don’t, they don’t, it’s ultimately their decision. I would play anytime I am available though.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Respectfully, we don't need the opinion of every UU player ever here; this is a matter between myself, Lavern, pdt and the tournament directors.

The rule for activity wins is pretty simple. To quote it directly:

Individuals
- If Player A and Player B agreed on a time, and Player B failed to show up, Player A must have checked in via the same medium used to schedule, citing the server and PS name, if different from forum username. They must have waited for at least 15 minutes before leaving. If Player B communicated their delay, this period may be extended to up to 30 minutes.
So, the activity call here is entirely valid. Lavern's previously stated availability does not matter; a time was agreed upon and it was missed by pdt, which sucks and it happens, but these rules exist for a reason. It isn't fair to expect Lavern to set aside even more time of her weekend after she already did so on Wednesday.

With that said, playing games is obviously better than not playing them. I would rather not have many activity calls and there is some merit in the idea that it's better to have games played if players can make another time work. So, Lavern and pdt, if you two agree to reschedule, then do feel free to play a hopefully good series. It would be great if so. There is no obligation to do so on Lavern's end, though.

I corroborated this w/ a TD and they agreed with me, so this is the final ruling. Thank you for understanding.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Respectfully, we don't need the opinion of every UU player ever here; this is a matter between myself, Lavern, pdt and the tournament directors.

The rule for activity wins is pretty simple. To quote it directly:

So, the activity call here is entirely valid. Lavern's previously stated availability does not matter; a time was agreed upon and it was missed by pdt, which sucks and it happens, but these rules exist for a reason. It isn't fair to expect Lavern to set aside even more time of her weekend after she already did so on Wednesday.

With that said, playing games is obviously better than not playing them. I would rather not have many activity calls and there is some merit in the idea that it's better to have games played if players can make another time work. So, Lavern and pdt, if you two agree to reschedule, then do feel free to play a hopefully good series. It would be great if so. There is no obligation to do so on Lavern's end, though.

I corroborated this w/ a TD and they agreed with me, so this is the final ruling. Thank you for understanding.
Lavern you said that sunday 9 pm +1 works, take it for free or see you then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)