Monotype Cup Monotype ORAS Cup - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

Beautiful art by Swiffix

Welcome to the second ORAS Cup and the fourth tournament in the Monotype Cup! Whether you're a veteran with something to prove or a newbie looking for your breakout, I wish you the best of luck.

This is a single elimination tournament & Bo3!
Replays are REQUIRED

Please only play on the main server or SmogTours.

>>Monotype Cup Playoffs Tracker<<

Standard Rules and Clauses for Gen 6 Monotype:
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Swagger Clause: Bans the move Swagger
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it
  • If you do not know how to schedule, make sure to check out the official guide!
  • Please use VM's to schedule with your opponent, as it makes it easier for me to track activity calls when needed.

That aside, feel free to get back to me in the Monotype discord server if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or the Monotype Cup in general) after reading this post!

Matchups:

roxie [*DNP]  vs  Eveepokemon08
CrossHeart  vs  Failbor
T6874  vs  Harpp
Leafium Z  vs  imperialorder241
TheWyvernKing [*DNP]  vs  SBAP
Mateeus  vs  QuinnXD
kythr  vs  Chaitanya
Ashbala  vs  Frostixxxx
DragonPhoenix333 [*DNP]  vs  iifreshy
Supersuciosake  vs  MTB
crashy  vs  Ryuji
Yeet3r  vs  Real GLaDOS
Cielau  vs  Dieu Amphibien
BossFace  vs  adjustments
Sailorgreatest  vs  Lachlanatkinson [*DNP]
zIcarus [*DNP]  vs  Charwillusher
Rinda [*DNP]  vs  ShadowwTT
The1&Only.  vs  Canned Furs
ArkenCiel  vs  DAHLI [*DNP]
Attribute  vs  Jojo8868
AnotherMadell  vs  Incepto [*DNP]
GotCookies  vs  juleocesar
Rex Slayer  vs  Toy Time King
ChristFire777  vs  splendakun [*DNP]
Neko  vs  Yeoka [*DNP]
Isza  vs  Meta [*DNP]
RedS_18  vs  UnbreakableKyo [*DNP]
Huargensy  vs  Elyoss [*DNP]
KrisKiwii  vs  Quantum Tesseract
jonfilch  vs  Dragon Expert Soma [*DNP]
Kaguya Lys  vs  Tyler409 [*DNP]
WhiteQueen  vs  MichaelderBeste2
Prof.Otaku  vs  Starfox.
giove97  vs  brockoncrack
Mister McLovin  vs  MZ
Honey SweeTTootH  vs  Mihowk
Tobias Oak  vs  Booty [*DNP]
dunoks  vs  Hyrosh
Elfuseon  vs  King Choco
Ara  vs  Felines
Leru  vs  XSTATIC COLD
SpaceSpeakers  vs  Lennart [*DNP]
Manan999 [*DNP]  vs  Wolfenite
Irene-2002 [*DNP]  vs  Timtamtube
ASKid679  vs  jeza.p
VgcAcceleratingBugs  vs  Siddakid [*DNP]
MOHAMEDALL  vs  TheGaurdian05
Floss  vs  Dark_Name100

Replays are REQUIRED!
The deadline for this round is Sunday March 19th at 10pm GMT-4.
Extension deadline: Wednesday March 15th at 11:59pm GMT-4.

Last edited:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
ARA is not playing so i am claing for the win
Looks like he missed the scheduled time and you offered to reschedule, though at the time of your post, which he responded to relatively soon after. Because you didn’t post requesting an activity win for a missed time paired with not responding to his offer to play soon after you asked him is why I granted an extension.

If you can’t schedule a time suitable for you both by the deadline, I’ll revisit this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)