UUPL XI - Week Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say my name until you love me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Fusion Flare
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Commencement Thread<<
>>
Replays and Usage Stats<<
>>Spreadsheet<<

Courtesy of the amazing Ticken!

vs

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4) vs (6) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: Highways vs passion
SV UU: mncmt vs Lyssa
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Lunala
SS UU: Luthier vs Totomon
SM UU: avarice vs Gondra
ORAS UU: dingbat vs umbry
BW UU: sensei axew vs Punny
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs Seldanna
ADV UU: LpZ vs ArcticBreeze
GSC UU: Torchic vs Real FV13

vs

Mikan Island Monsters (3) vs (7) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: Meru vs devin
SV UU: Poek vs dunoks
SV UU: haxlolo vs Crushy
SS UU: TDK vs Attribute
SM UU: blunder vs Empo
ORAS UU: lax vs DugZa
BW UU: London Beats vs Fakee
DPP UU: SoulWind vs Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: crying vs Garay oak
GSC UU: col49 vs Inder

vs

Safari Zone Smashers (4) vs (6) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Star vs Floss
SV UU: KSt3ve vs Fc
SV UU: Feliburn vs Mimilucha
SS UU: Moutemoute vs udongirl
SM UU: robjr vs Xiri
ORAS UU: Killintime vs Sylvi
BW UU: MrAldo vs Expulso
DPP UU: Micciu vs fatty
ADV UU: Staxi vs Heysup
GSC UU: kaori vs d0nut

vs

Iki Town Idols (2) vs (8) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SV UU: Nat vs Skarph
SV UU: Askov vs vivalospride
SV UU: Xrn vs Chaitanya
SS UU: MichaelderBeste2 vs ProDigeZz
SM UU: Lily vs pdt
ORAS UU: Wanka vs Pak
BW UU: Finchinator vs Amukamara
DPP UU: mael vs Leru
ADV UU: shiloh vs Parpar
GSC UU: Estarossa vs Celebiii

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (0) vs (0) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: mncmt vs Lyssa

Mikan Island Monsters (0) vs (0) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: haxlolo vs Crushy
BW UU: London Beats vs Fakee
GSC UU: col49 vs Inder

Safari Zone Smashers (0) vs (0) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
ORAS UU: Killintime vs Sylvi
BW UU: MrAldo vs Expulso
DPP UU: Micciu vs fatty
ADV UU: Staxi vs Heysup
GSC UU: kaori vs d0nut

Iki Town Idols (0) vs (0) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
ADV UU: shiloh vs Parpar
GSC UU: Estarossa vs Celebiii

The deadline for this round is Sunday, March 26th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
After a week break, I'll be writing predictions again. But this time, as opposed to my past posts, I won't be a pussy and write only SV (and also because I saw Lyssa write predictions for ALL the UUFPL matchups, insane stuff) so yeah. Just assume that I have gotten all the previous predictions right... aha.

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (4.5) vs (5.5) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: Highways vs passion - Highways managed to snag a win last week, very proud of him for that, but I still really don't trust him in SV. obviously, he isn't bad at SV based off the two? games he has played in it thus far, but I still have a decent bit more trust in passion to perform; especially after escaping the jaws of defeat last week with such style... amazing.
SV UU: mncmt vs Lyssa - mncmt did not play last week, deciding that xujing would have a far easier time giving IP his 4th loss so I'm expecting 2 weeks worth of skill going into this match. rei has been doing pretty fine so far sporting a decent 2-2 record. Her teams have been good and her play just good enough to scrape 2 wins, but she has her work cut out so she really has to pull out all the stops in this. not a significant edge favouring mence but its a notable one.
SV UU: xujing691691 vs Lunala - i'm not really familiar with xujing as a player despite teaming with him in UUSD so I dont really know what to think of this matchup. I'm going to go with the more trusted quantity here.
SS UU: Luthier vs Totomon - Luthier is going to make a dickhead move 20x in a row like he always does and win from there
SM UU: avarice vs Gondra - dillon has been 2-0 since switching to SM, where he got huge victories vs Xiri and Empo - just off that I'm going to favour him vs anyone remaining in the pool for sure. Gondra no slouch though.
ORAS UU: dingbat vs umbry - aly is 1-3 somehow she must have gotten insanely unlucky in some games bc wtf. anyway I think I trust her ability more than dingbat even though he is absolutely farming (the hone claws maero still gives me nightmares). Definitely more hungry for the win.
BW UU: sensei axew vs Punny - the ultimate gay off, this time w ryan back in over gum. Punny has been rlly good as always in bw and i don't expect him to drop one against someone unfamiliar w the tier.
DPP UU: hariyana grande vs Seldanna - the heat off definitely. zay is 3-1 and shaping up to really run her stride; her play has been steadily improving throughout the season so I hope by this week she'll have full confidence in her clicks. iirc she mostly builds her own teams so i dont know how much of a factor the Safir support will be playing here. hari no slouch either though and is apparently a dpp lab monster so i am expecting a cool team from him.
ADV UU: LpZ vs ArcticBreeze - not rlly familiar with either beside the fact that breeze jr (16bit term) went 6-3 in spl playing adv so it has got to translate
GSC UU: Torchic vs Real FV13 - real flamingvictini #13 has been stealing the show thus far w an amazing 4-0 including a win vs the actual show, incredible stuff. torchic has been doing ok, i thought hed do better since he is really good so i'm going to bold him here because i think he will work hard to get that big win for the sisters.

Mikan Island Monsters (8) vs (2) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: Meru vs devin - yeah i'm just going to bold and move on
SV UU: Poek vs dunoks - poek has been doing pretty good for himself after getting sent to hell by Fc, managing to get a nice winstreak. the monsters sv in general has been bringing good teams and with poeks piloting i doubt i'm going to see an upset here although dunoks isnt bad, just not quite on the same level as poek.
SV UU: talah vs Indigo Plateau - both have done pretty bad, but i think talah has been less bad despite having a very weird game last week where they had the win and decided to not pursue it. i dont really know where ips motivation is at, but it seems to me that hes just not getting sv.
SS UU: TDK vs Attribute - another heat off. i really really really like attribute as a player, i think hes amazing and it really surprised me that pilots put him in one week, let him throttle his opponent, and then silently put him back on the bench for like 3 weeks. anyway i think hes good, but tdk is just another level of good when it comes to ss.
SM UU: blunder vs Empo - both have been doing notsogood, but i rate empo as a pure player much higher than current day blunder so I expect to see that 1-3 become a 2-3
ORAS UU: lax vs DugZa - lax decided that playing gen2uu was a mistake (good decision) and upgraded to oras, hes been v good so far and is playing someone i know a lot less about. dugza is fine IMO just dont know where the suppoort will be coming from since i dont think he plays oras uu
BW UU: choolio vs Fakee - choolio is in soulwinds place this week, fun. i dont really know much about bw, but the one thing i do know is that choolio created everything used in the tier or something like that so just bc of that im favouring him to beat fakee. fakees not bad though so who knows how this will play out
DPP UU: SoulWind vs Thiago Nunes - thiago is fire and i rate him as a player w relatively high esteem, dude wins. seems a bit sketch when you look a bit to the left and see that his opponent is soulwind, but i have a lot of trust in him to pull off the upset.
ADV UU: crying vs Garay oak - normally, i'd bold garay but i have had a weird feeling while writing this that the game is going to end up like this so i've completely changed my mind.
GSC UU: col49 vs Inder - and the final act of the monsters juggling performance will be no.49 in gsc, i quite liked watching him work in gsc during uusd and i think he did in fact play inder and win during snake so... repeat?

Safari Zone Smashers (4???) vs (3???) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
SV UU: Star vs Floss - star has been absolutely killing it so far sporting the best sv record. his playing and ksteves building have proven to be quite the formidable duo and i can't really see him losing right now
SV UU: KSt3ve vs Fc - honestly, can see this going either way dont rlly have a strong opinion on this matchup. maybe edge goes to ksteve
SV UU: Feliburn vs Mimilucha - coinflip i cant really tell here also
SS UU: Moutemoute vs udongirl - can't really trust moute at all after bringing cobalion check scarf hydreigon w1, and his record reflects this thought. udongirl also sports the same record, but i dont think she has really played that bad so yea
SM UU: robjr vs Xiri - rob always does well in unofficials and also seems to just play better overall so i'm expecting a rob win
ORAS UU: Killintime vs Sylvi - i did not know sylvi was even bought but, i was going to bold killintime over elfuseon anyway so that does not really change anything. i have been given no reason to believe that sylvi is decent enough to take one here.
BW UU: MrAldo vs Expulso - mraldo is 1-1 although in reality he should be 0-2, but first two opponents being soulwind into finch is a bit of a rough pull to say the least so i wont be too hard on him. i just think expulso is more solid overall.
DPP UU: Micciu vs fatty - micciu is fire
ADV UU: Staxi vs Heysup - heysup lives and breathes this tier and has so much of an experience buff that i dont know what much to really say here other than i really hope there is a staxi upset, since i think he is actually pretty good.
GSC UU: kaori vs d0nut - im tired and idrk gsc so just going to leave it there

gn

72 / 115 so far, did marginally better last week but the gap keeps widening...also i lied im in a writing mood so i'll talk about some stuff here

Mikan Island Monsters (8) vs (2) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: talah vs Indigo Plateau -

ORAS UU: lax vs DugZa - idk, lax has looked good this tour and i've never seen dugza play this tier before. even if i have i'd probably root for lax cause the skill gap is fairly sizable
BW UU: choolio vs Fakee - fakee is 3-1 which is p good but choolio is the god father of this tier, and he's been known for his expertise on it for like more than half a decade at this point, despite the fact that he rarely ever plays. should this game happen i think he'll take it, because his building knowledge is better than pretty much anyone
DPP UU: SoulWind vs Thiago Nunes - thiago is 4-0, and while theres a chance sw washes him the experience thiago has should give him the edge. i do think sw will probably pull up with some nasty 49 creation that'll put thiago to the wall, but gut doesn't wanna go against 4-0 rn
ADV UU: crying vs Garay oak - crying saved the monsters' season last week, and p handily at that. very standard 6, so standard that i had to check my builder to see if that team was mine, eager to gas myself up. i actually did somehow but my sets are outdated enough that i'm just going to chalk it up to coincidence...feel like an asshole writing this. anyway, similarly enough, garay also had a strong showing last week, and also brought a counter ampharos. the difference is that this time, the team was actually mine lmao. shoutouts curse walrein!! while last week's game on crying's end was strong, garay is on fire.
GSC UU: col49 vs Inder - i vaguely remember this matchup happening in uu snake, so i had looked up the replay thread to see how it went, and unsurprisingly, col had carried out the sannin's will in a real nailbiter. however, said will is buried in the dust now, so inder'll get another crack at this in his first game. little surprised he wasn't starting before, because he's definitely at least competent here. anyway, while col has yet to win this season, i'm holding out hope that he'll mount a comeback here.

Safari Zone Smashers (5) vs (5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
ORAS UU: Killintime vs Sylvi - this is for ur own good. that aside, kt has been on a mean streak, being p consistent so far this season. i only have vaguely watched a few of sylvi's spl games so i can't really make any commentary on their play.
BW UU: MrAldo vs Expulso - expulso knows the tier better, and aldo got a nice mald out of finch before slowly getting drained cause his team couldn't really break gligar + umb. i feel like expulso isn't really afraid to bring some silliness which i can appreciate, cause you have some leeway to fuck around in this tier.
DPP UU: Micciu vs fatty - fatty used alakazam last week, a pokemon which i get a kick out of shitting on at any and every given moment. it was kinda scary though...but also not scary enough. which might be a descriptor for why i hate it. that and that it misses focus blast. and that it dies if you lightly brush on it. micciu had a p strong showing last week, and i haven't really had any criticisms of him that immediately come to mind. he has the better record, but fatty has literal years on him and will be much steeper competition than he's faced thus far.
ADV UU: Staxi vs Heysup - i am wholeheartedly very sad shiba got benched this week. he really hasn't played that badly! i feel like his teams are like a little behind the meta though kinda and it hasn't been easy to catch up for him. so instead we get staxi, who has probably played heysup in dpp nu. unfortunately for him, there aren't any sub tox zards to lead with, and he'll have to settle for a golem instead of a regirock and a slowking with rest instead of slack off. i liked heysup's rock spam last week, but i don't care if roselia wins every game for the next year, i'm still calling it bad.
GSC UU: kaori vs d0nut - upset here i guess? idk i don't really feel like saying anything about this one

Iki Town Idols (6) vs (4) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
ORAS UU: Wanka vs Pak - pak pulled the dub out of his ass last week, which is what i said in last week's post. wanka has really not had a good time of it either unfortunately, my faith is there that he can win some games, just probably not this time
BW UU: Finchinator vs Amukamara - not sure if finch is gonna care more now that he's out of spl. have seen finch's prep in this tier a good number of times while i've never seen liam's, so i thought about going with the "unknown quantity" in my head? liam brought a pretty janky team last week, with a wacky p2 set and the dreaded sableye...that did absolutely nothing. i bolded liam at first here but after thinking about it a bit more, finch has just looked better, managed to pull through a drawn out game with that vincune team that is burned into my brain by this point. i'm expecting liam to bring some off kilter stuff so it depends on if it hits or not, because i feel like finch is getting better about not getting owned by dumb shit recently.
DPP UU: mael vs Leru - leru's game was wild as fuck last week LOL it honestly seemed like he was fucked for most of it. i think mael's a strong player generally, but he's 0-8 on the sheet (though i have no idea if any of that is in dpp) so i'll bold leru here to play it safe.
ADV UU: shiloh vs Parpar - the devil kimchi is so good...rozes grabbed a dub last week against shiba with no luck needed this time (and honestly got a little unlucky himself iirc), though if you ask shiba, he commited the much more grievous crime of using his own team against him. parpar brought another interesting team last week, but it ended up not panning out as usual with the game coming down to curse walrein getting crit. gonna bold the oslegend here, making me look like a clown for the power rankings
GSC UU: Estarossa vs HSA - esta has had a wacky season rng wise but it seems like he's been playing fine. i don't wanna see hsa go winless though i have my doubts as to whether he really gives a shit about the game LOL

gl sisters and GOO VTUBERS!!!!

The predicts of the pouss :

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters (5) vs (5) Celestial Tower Tycoons
SV UU: mncmt vs Lyssa I believe in lyssa's upset

Mikan Island Monsters (4) vs (6) Area Zero Pilots
SV UU: talah vs Indigo Plateau (pls for dragonair)
BW UU: choolio vs Fakee
GSC UU: col49 vs Inder Le cover

Iki Town Idols (6) vs (4) Cinnabar Arcade Stars
SS UU: MichaelderBeste2 vs ProDigeZz go go grand frère
ADV UU: shiloh vs Parpar (sorry parpar :sob:)
GSC UU: Estarossa vs HSA The show :pouss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)