March 7* Raid Event - Decidueye (Flying Tera)

Just to add the Blissey one has increased XP Candy so it’s gonna be another grinding session. Runs through the same period as Decidueye’s second run

Just to add the Blissey one has increased XP Candy so it’s gonna be another grinding session. Runs through the same period as Decidueye’s second run
Looks like there will be certain blisseys that iwll give a lot of tera crystals too

This made me think, that they did introduce a new mechanic with this raid, "I attack twice now".

I have to say, they are at least being creative.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking at my maxed out candy stock I thought this blissey thing was just not as good a farm as Decidueye— but forgot that both are going on together so you can actually farm both!!

Blissey gonna be good for my daughters’ candy low games.

Looking at my maxed out candy stock I thought this blissey thing was just not as good a farm as Decidueye— but forgot that both are going on together so you can actually farm both!!

Blissey gonna be good for my daughters’ candy low games.
If I recall the news also mentions Blissey dropping a lot of Tera Shards, and I'll be curious to see if she retains her high HM drop rate from the regular Raid version.

This made me think, that they did introduce a new mechanic with this raid, "I attack twice now".

I have to say, they are at least being creative.
Pikachu did have a "second shield" phase, but it only mattered if you got it below 40% then launched another attack that didn't KO. Someone who didn't tera wouldn't get that deep into the health bar, and if you did with reasonably strong attacks then you might skip clear over it.

And it turns out the Pawniard set I was experimenting with can solo Decidueye after all:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I recall the news also mentions Blissey dropping a lot of Tera Shards, and I'll be curious to see if she retains her high HM drop rate from the regular Raid version.
They were NOT kidding about this, Ive gotten around 30 tera shards of 1 type from these Blisseys before, and also gotten 5 of MULTIPLE tera shard types in the same raid.

These are way better than the Delibird raids. Honestly I think if you're a competitive player like me that is hungry for tera shards, Blissey is the better thing to spend time on than Decidueye. Sure sometimes you get a lame drop where it gives you a ton of candies instead of shards... but those "bad drops" still give you a pretty good amount of sharsd anyways, like I just got 12 ghost shards from one of those bad drops.

Blissey is also a super brainless raid, its 100% walled by ghosts, can even HEAL PULSE you, and physical mons easily destroy it.

So basically: DO BLISSEY RAIDS IF YOU WANT SHARDS!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice summary Theorymon!

God this Blissey Raid was ridiculously good for my 2nd Daughter’s game, where she had barely beat the game. When I heard about this I pushed her to get through the Ace Academy Tournament beforehand. Today was first time for her to Level 5 Raid at all—

We started Raiding with a level 72 Azu and 71 Miraidon (in-game EVs)

JUST 3 Blissey Later we had LVL 100 Azu and LVL 100 Miraidon with the candy. FYI—Lvl 72 Azu ~4HKOs Chansey weak to it. You can’t lose!!

After beating 9th Blissey got call from Jacq about Don’t go to Black Tera Crystals!!!!! -> check Map, instantly TWO black sparklies, one Flying one.

Dump all $$$ from the Ace Academy Tourney and treasure to get to 25 Calcium, 1 Modest Mint, 1 Throat Spray, and was able to buy 12 HP Ups—

1hr 10 minutes after beating the Ace Academy, blasted Decidueye to smitherenes. xDDD

Chou Toshio

Over9000
The debate: Is it faster to reset for/walk to your own Blisseys to solo, or repeatedly load up into the center?

Right now I’m a fan of not walking, and the raids seem pretty easy to join. Only thing is accidentally clicking Decidueye (which is fine cause got Miraidon loaded up too). Decidueye still seems less reliable win with others— seems easier to accidentally trigger shield even with more people on top of charging/Metal Sounding into the one shot now.

It’s amazing how Belly Drum + Life Orb + Super Effective STAB anything one shots Blissey, so 2HKO pretty standard imo. Apparently Guts Ursarig can do the same with neutral Facade so between it and Iron Hands you can 2HKO everything besides Ghost. I believe I saw CB Koraidon also OHKOs on super effective hit? So yeah S tier for that I guess.

Last edited:
The debate: Is it faster to reset for/walk to your own Blisseys to solo, or repeatedly load up into the center?

Right now I’m a fan of not walking, and the raids seem pretty easy to join. Only thing is accidentally clicking Decidueye (which is fine cause got Miraidon loaded up too). Decidueye still seems less reliable win with others— seems easier to accidentally trigger shield even with more people on top of charging/Metal Sounding into the one shot now.

It’s amazing how Belly Drum + Life Orb + Super Effective STAB anything one shots Blissey, so 2HKO pretty standard imo. Apparently Guts Ursarig can do the same with neutral Facade so between it and Iron Hands you can 2HKO everything besides Ghost. I believe I saw CB Koraidon also OHKOs on super effective hit? So yeah S tier for that I guess.
I found that just flying to each raid and doing it myself took less time. I think I cleared all of my Blisseys in about 20 minutes.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For Decidueye, I am solidly convinced that Miraidon and Bellibolt are the preferred options for the raid. Miraidon really has no equal as the heavy hitter, and Bellibolt is the best support mon. But the annoying thing about Bellibolt is that Decidueye likes to use Leaf Blade against it, and that’s a high-crit move. Whatever weird AI is going on in this raid, it seems like Leaf Blade crits about 75% of the time. Maybe it’s far less than that, but suffice to say it seems like Bellibolt eats a lot of crits and it sucks!

I posted Torkoal earlier in the thread, and obviously the Shell Armored tortoise doesn’t worry about crits. But, Torkoal isn’t an offensive help at all, because it can’t boost and it doesn’t have SE Stab against the Flying owl. So I decided to tinker one more time with the Decidueye raid, looking for something that plays more like Bellibolt, without as many maddening crits to deal with. Here’s what I’ve been using in team raids in the Decidueye rerun, and it has been pretty fun:

:sv/rotom-fan:
Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Electric
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Fan is not as good overall as Bellibolt for support. And although I have not tried it solo, I doubt Rotom would be very good in that mode, because it probably can’t stay healthy enough to win solo like Bellibolt can (although soloing with Bellibolt is a slow grind and not much fun IMO). But in a team setting where there are a few Miradons and Bellibolts on the team, Rotom-Fan plays very well and contributes offensively and for support.

Lead off the battle with WoW to burn Decidueye, and then follow it up with a Reflect to make Decideye’s early attacks little more than love taps. Then get a Nasty Plot or two before joining in the offensive brawl. Refresh the Reflect as necessary, because it helps a ton later in the battle when the owl resets its debuffs and Swords Dances before going into double-attack mode.

The key thing for this Rotom is because of its Electric/Flying typing, it resists everything except Spirit Shackle from Decidueye. Whereas with Bellibolt, it is neutral to Leaf Blade, which makes it preferred by the boss, and Leaf Blade is a high-crit move. With Rotom-Fan, it gets hit most often from Decidueye’s weaker and, most importantly, NOT-crit-happy move — Spirit Shackle. This typing advantage is not enough to supplant Bellibolt as the top support mon, but Rotom is a relieving change of pace and is easy to play.

Is Guts Facade Ursaring a new beatstick meta in general or just something pulled out to speedrun blissey raids, because I've seen 3 of them in a row now

Like my parents said when I was a kid (and they’d take away my gameboy after a certain amount of time), save after every battle.
Tbh after I had a FF8 crash losing me 2 hours of progress when i was like 15, I've just taken the habit of save every game all the time, usually twice...

People need more game-crash-ptsd
Is Guts Facade Ursaring a new beatstick meta in general or just something pulled out to speedrun blissey raids, because I've seen 3 of them in a row now
I've actually seen a bunch of these as well and I have no idea where they come from. Like sure, could be from Blissey raid but... there were so many better options?

A quick search on google did return me a recent YT vid about it
so maybe this youtuber or some other popularized it.

Tbfh maybe when Ursaluna comes out that may be a hidden op build for raids

i mean to be fair the Facade Guts Ursaring is OHKOing these things pretty easily so if you lack Iron Hands and don't want to bother with Belly Drum strats it seems a pretty decent go-to. Protect/Flame Orb is probably also less risky than Belly Drum sometimes if you want to use it elsewhere too...
I wish Special Attackers had so many instant-nuke options honestly. Slowbro takes so long to get set up.

by the way shoutouts to this INSANE trio of iron hands I grabbed for a Psychic Blissey where somehow between the three of them none of them thought to just use. Thunder Punch? Which would do neutral, stab-boosted damage and probably do more than:
-THUNDER
-Giga Impact
-Drain Punch

Which of these three started spamming after doing belly drum. yes even the Thunder user.
While I was using Ting-Lu!

thunder!

Can someone please explain to me why Chien Po is an option in Deci raids according to some random players? I like doing random raids because I never know when the car crash will happen but with Chien Po the car crash has happened before you get out of the starting gate. Officially avoiding that mon like the plague now.

Can someone please explain to me why Chien Po is an option in Deci raids according to some random players? I like doing random raids because I never know when the car crash will happen but with Chien Po the car crash has happened before you get out of the starting gate. Officially avoiding that mon like the plague now.
"it resists both stab and has supereffective stab so must be good"

fwiw, Chien Pao is actually solid for Blissey, though.

"it resists both stab and has supereffective stab so must be good"

fwiw, Chien Pao is actually solid for Blissey, though.
It only resists the Ghost STAB, and not Grass or Flying.

Ursaring's a fun alternative to Iron Hands for the Blissey raids. Glad to see it getting some use.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tbh after I had a FF8 crash losing me 2 hours of progress when i was like 15, I've just taken the habit of save every game all the time, usually twice...

People need more game-crash-ptsd

I've actually seen a bunch of these as well and I have no idea where they come from. Like sure, could be from Blissey raid but... there were so many better options?

A quick search on google did return me a recent YT vid about it
so maybe this youtuber or some other popularized it.

Tbfh maybe when Ursaluna comes out that may be a hidden op build for raids
People shouldn’t turn off autosave anyway ;) - pretty sure it saves after battles and flying. I still manually save all the time anyway tho, outta habit.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
View attachment 502994

I could have been blessed by Lord Wooper, but the communication failed :psycry:
It’s funny when people bring seemingly stupid random NFEs, yet somehow it turns out that despite the questionable optimization of the build the player is actually good and actually was key to winning. I once saw an Arctibax in Pikachu and thought wtf? And it wasn’t no Clodsire tier but Eviolite Arctibax somehow not getting killed repeatedly by Iron Tail while it Paralized Pika with Dragon’s breath, threw up smart Cheers and Helping Hands.

Alsomakes me wonder if Belly Drum Quagsire > SD Garchomp against Electric Blissey. Too lazy to calc.

edit: Wait, no more Drum on Quag? Nooooooo (watching too much GSC related YouTube).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)