SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

GameFreak you have got to get this clown car back into the circus, the stuff you leave behind is getting ridiculous
I dunno, I kinda like that it plays fair rather than just going for the hard retcon to avoid a minor spoiler.

Like, I could definitely see this being an everyday GF goof, of course, but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if their thinking was “Well… it does evolve, players just can’t obtain the means to do it yet, so technically it should still be able to use Eviolite…”

I think it's more of a development concern than anything. If they removed data pertaining to Dipplin's evo from it in the Teal Mask, then they'd have to go through the trouble of editing it back in when the Indigo Disk launches later (i.e. adding the evo method, adding Eviolite flags, and so forth).

It just seems easier on the (already strained) dev team to program Dipplin into the game the way it's meant to be on the first go. It's not like the general playerbase will even pick up on stuff like this anyway.

EDIT: Also, that's not even mentioning the very real possibility that they could just forget to add the evo code back in, causing Dipplin's evo to become completely unobtainable without a patch. That wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has looked into this yet, but do we know the raid chances for Poltchageist and Sinistcha's different forms? I just caught a Masterpiece Sinistcha in a six star raid and I don't know if I got seriously lucky or if it just has an inflated chance of happening. I'm not sure how Polteageist worked in the base game

I don't know if anyone has looked into this yet, but do we know the raid chances for Poltchageist and Sinistcha's different forms? I just caught a Masterpiece Sinistcha in a six star raid and I don't know if I got seriously lucky or if it just has an inflated chance of happening. I'm not sure how Polteageist worked in the base game
iirc you couldn't find Antiques in raids at all

If I had to guess, masterpieces are 6-star exclusive and probably the only ones that show up

iirc you couldn't find Antiques in raids at all

If I had to guess, masterpieces are 6-star exclusive and probably the only ones that show up
That would make sense. I know Maushold works similarly in that the family of three are much more common in raids

So Carmine doesn't seem to have a proper ace.

Kieran, once he gets Dipplin, always sends it out last. & even if he didn't do that we know it's getting an evolution anyway.
But Carmine doesn't always leave Sinistcha for last and...Carmine's final battle in the DLC only has 5 pokemon (Kieran's has 6)

If Lucy gets Hypothetical Final Pokemon, and we seemingly don't have any new forms to grab, I wonder if Carmine winds up getting a starter? Khu's hinted at the mighty marks getting special tera forms and the starters are available at Blueberry. It'd mirror Ogrepon, link her to the place she studies and still show off something new.

Kieran is probably going to be the champion of ID so I imagine the Dipplin evo will be his ace.

On that note I’m very disappointed that it’s a Dipplin evo. Really wish they threw a bone to other trashmons.
One more point towards foreshadowing he will be Blueberry champion. A quote after his second loss:
"See, my school...Blueberry Academy... It's a school that specializes in teachin' the art of Pokémon battlin'. If I was as strong as you...maybe I could aim to be the best Trainer there."

I've been doing my usual comparing of TM Learnlists and have a few observations so far. First

Ekans
Arbok
Venonat
Venomoth
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Grimer
Muk
Drowzee
Hypno
Spinarak
Ariados
Umbreon
Dunsparce
Gligar
Houndour
Houndoom
Breloom
Seviper
Spiritomb
Gliscor

and secondly,

Fixes:
Charmeleon - Focus Blast - Learned by prevo
Raichu - Fake Tears - Learned by prevo
Raichu-Alola - Fake Tears - Learned by prevo
Flareon - Flame Charge - Learned in previous gen
Salandit - Flame Charge - Learned in previous gen
Salazzle - Flame Charge - Learned in previous gen
Salazzle - Dragon Tail - Learned in previous gen
Dugtrio - Helping Hand - Learned by prevo
Skiploom - Rain Dance - Learned by prevo
Umbreon - Mud-Slap - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Slowking - Helping Hand - Learned by prevo
Slowking-Galar - Helping Hand - Learned by prevo
Weavile - Reversal - Learned by prevo
Gallade - Metronome and in previous gen
Sylveon - Mud-Slap - Learned by prevo
Dartrix - Light Screen - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Dartrix - Confuse Ray - Learned by prevo
Dartrix - Night Shade - Learned by prevo
Decidueye-Hisui - Confuse Ray - Learned by prevo
Decidueye-Hisui - Night Shade - Learned by prevo
Decidueye-Hisui - Light Screen - Learned by prevo
Zoroark - Encore - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Greninja-Battle-Bond - Acrobatics - Congruence with other form
Lycanroc-Dusk - Body Slam - Learned by prevo
Lycanroc-Dusk - Mud-Slap - Learned by prevo
Coalossal - Mud-Slap - Learned by prevo
Drednaw - Dragon Tail - Learned by prevo
Perrserker - Aerial Ace - Learned by prevo
Perrserker - Flash Cannon - Learned by prevo
Basculegion - Swift - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Basculegion-F - Swift - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Basculegion - Zen Headbutt - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Basculegion-F - Zen Headbutt - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Basculegion - Endure - Learned by prevo
Basculegion-F - Endure - Learned by prevo
Overqwil - Swift - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Overqwil - Water Pulse - Learned by prevo and in previous gen
Overqwil - Acid Spray - Learned by prevo
Overqwil - Hex - Learned by prevo
Drakloak - Confuse Ray - Learned by prevo
Dragapult - Confuse Ray - Learned by prevo
Kleavor - Rain Dance - Learned by prevo
Slowking-Galar - Snowscape - Learned by prevo
Glaceon - Trailblaze - Learned by prevo
Froslass - Trailblaze - Learned by prevo
Greedent - Trailblaze - Learned by prevo

Other new additions
Tropius - Calm Mind
Indeedee-F - Trick Room (previously exclusive to a Raid)

A lot of inconsistency fixes, though they didn't get all the ones I've noticed (Charmander's evos still don't get Metal Claw) but a HELL of a lot of cleanup. I'm working on updating my TM Losses chart since I know a lot of people are curious about it. So far I've only updated Mud-Slap and any of these mistakes that were fixed, but I'm going to go over the entire TM list because I'm insane.

EDIT:

Rather than double up I'm going to drop my next USELESS INFORMATION NO ONE ASKED FOR in an edit. That's right, I checked the legality of all the raid extra moves! This is using Serebii as reference since the dumped data was a bit hard for me to parse. There is a possibility this is only current to an older version. The link is to my Google Sheet for this

FULLY ILLEGAL RAID "EXTRA MOVES":
Mon // * Level // Move
Tinkaton 5 Charm
Forretress 4 Harden
Greedent 5 Hone Claws
Greedent 5 Iron Defense
Seviper 3 Leer
Mismagius 5 Light Screen
Tinkaton 5-6 Misty Terrain
Kilowattrel 6 Rain Dance
Dreepy 3 Reflect
Krokorok 4 Screech
Tauros-Combat 6 Screech
Dondozo 5 Stockpile

CAN GET FROM PREVOS BUT DONT LEARN NATURALLY:
Mon // * Level // Move
Goodra 5 Acid Armor (via Sliggoo)
Vigoroth 4 Yawn (via Slakoth)

COULD GET FROM PREV GEN IF TRANSFER MOVES EXISTED:
Mon // * Level // Move
Haxorus 5 Harden Former but not current egg move
Weavile 5 Reflect Learned last gen, not this one

WTF GAME FREAK:
Mon // * Level // Move
Eelektross 5 Ion Deluge Snapped move??

As expected, it's pretty much all buffs, debuffs and weather/terrain setting. Not one misplaced attack in the set!

Last edited:
They still didn't fix Breloom not being able to get Spore after evolving even when transfered from a game where it could relearn it (like in BDSP).
These prevo only moves must end, why can't the evolved form just have it as a lv 1 move or something.
The oddest thing is that if you breed 2 Shroomish that know Spore the child if it evolves into Breloom can still relearn the move as if it was an egg-move (it isn't).

Well the trailer for Indigo Disk did mention we would unleash more of our Miraidon/Koraidon potential or something like that, people were assuming (maybe with actual info, I don't remember) that it was for the world travel thing, like actual flying, but maybe this also makes them stronger in battle

The oddest thing is that if you breed 2 Shroomish that know Spore the child if it evolves into Breloom can still relearn the move as if it was an egg-move (it isn't).
I think it's always been the case that if two of the same Pokemon know the same level up move, the offspring will too.

But yeah it's really frustrating I can't teach Spore to the Breloom I brought over from Ruby, especially since Sword and Shield did a pretty good job of letting evolutions learn moves that were previously pre-evo-exclusive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)