SM OU ENDYMION (1808 Elo)

1521506760782.png

INTRODUCTION.
Hello everyone, I am Luciena and I’d like to welcome you all to my first RMT. Being silent on the forums for a while now, this team has inspired me to come out of the shadows and share my creation. I have always been drawn to the idea that when both the body and mind unite, ultimate power is achieved. This has inspired me to forge and showcase, “Endymion”. Now without further ado, here‘s the team.

TEAMBUILDING.
--->

With the recent surge in usage of Cosmic Power Clefable, I found the perfect inspiration for the centerpiece of this team and the win-con. Although Clefable might perhaps be superior in this role, I found it far too passive and just a liability when it couldn't boost up on anything. So my next choice was the hard-bodied Reuniclus. Reuniclus fit what I was looking for much better than Clefable could, which I will get it into later, and the mon truely encompassed the end goal of my story and playstyle much better than Clefable could. This was a fat spike stacking semi-stall that wore down the checks and counters for the unbreakable win-con - Reuniclus.

The first member of my FWG, hazard-stacking core - Ferrothorn. It's main job is to set up spikes, but it comes with added bonuses. It checks rain, resist the onslaught of psychic and fairy types, and can eat attacks from the most common and perhaps the best breaker of fat teams like mine - Tapu Lele - as well as being a great blanket check overall.

The next member of my FWG, hazard-stacking core - Heatran. Heatran is arguably one of the best stealth rock setters in the tier, second only to the OU King itself Lando. Since steel types hinder Reuniclus' ability to sweep, Heatran fit the role of a fire-type rocker to elimate steel types. I didnt want to put too much pressure on Ferrothorn against psy-spam, so Heatran acts as another resist to the onslaught.
latest.png

The final member of my FWG, hazard-stacking core - Toxapex. Perhaps one of the most meta defining pokemon from SM, I couldn’t pass up on not using big pex. Being a blanket check to a multitude of threats, it alleviates a lot of defensive pressure from the rest of the team that lack reliable recovery. Unlike them, Pex can usually just be thrown out again and again and just gain most of its HP back. Furthermore, it also contributes to the hazard war this team primarily functions around with Toxic Spikes.
latest.png

At this point Stall and Heatran look like a real nuisance to face and this I chose the next memeber - Gliscor. Its ability to pressure Stall really helps the matchup, as well as being to take a Magma Storm and KO Heatran back has proven to be invaluable for this team. Gliscor being a Ground and Electric immunity also patched up some holes for the team.
latest.png

I origianlly had Z-Support Tornadus-T in this slot to add some offensive pressure onto this team, but mons like Hawlucha and Pinsir just mowed through my team at +2. So the final member of this team became Zapdos. It has the ability to neutralise threats like Pinsir, Kartana and Hawlucha and serves as secondary Ground-immunity. Although Zapdos can be somewhat passive and can't pivot around like torn can, it made matchups against the threats listed above so much easier and I surely wouldve lost those matches in its abscene.

IN-DEPTH LOOK AT TEAM.

Endymion (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Reuniclus serves as "Endymion"'s primary win conditions, thus I have designed the team to support it's function as a predominately offensive presence. Psyshock was chosen over Psychic for Calm Mind wars as well as being able to do more damage to Chansey, which Reuniclus is able to take advantage of. This set of Calm Mind + Iron Defense truely encompasses the idea of mind (CM) and body (Iron Def) being one to achieve victory. This set allows this mon to come in on the likes of M-Loppuny and M-Medicham with ease. No single attack they can use is a 2HKO on this hardbody Reuniclus. This set can single highhandedly demolish most offense and bulky offense builds that plague the ladder. Although it's worth noting that despite this set being able to flat out wall and invalidate nearly the whole tier, it's theoretical that you manage to get to that point. Reuniclus is very vulnerable to critical hits due to how long it takes for it to set up.

Hachiman (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Spikes being an integral part of OU, being able to wear down opponents quickly, this team was designed around being able to fully exploit its capabilities. With spikes, this team can just straight up win without Reuiniclus touching the field once. However, although this team reaches it’s full potential with spikes being up, its far from helpless without them. Ferrothorn's main job on this team, aside from getting up spikes, is being a hard wall to HP Fire-less Tapu Koko, as well as take hits from the psychic and fairy spam common on the ladder. The set is very standard and while Power Whip and Knock Off can be changed, they have their specific purposes that benefit this team. Power Whip allows me to hit Swampert, which would otherwise outright sweep through this team since I dont have anything to outright KO it. Knock Off is great utility and is invaluable in getting rid of Heatean's Leftovers on the switch.

Amaterasu (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

One of Heatran's main charms is its ability to scare out a lot of common Pokémon due to its amazing typing, allowing it to reliably set up Stealth Rocks. Due to the combination of its fire and steel typing, it resists 10 out of the 17 types allowing it to act as a secondary catch-all wall for the team. I decided to forgoe speed for a more specially defensive oriented spread, meaning Heatran can take Tapu Lele's attacks with somewhat relative ease. Toxic was particularly useful for chipping Charizard-X and Tapu Lele, and in conjunction with Protect helps wear down those threats faster to minimise the damage they inflict. Protect in particular is useful as it allows me shave off 50% on the likes of M-Medicham, M-Lopunny and Hawlucha. A situation I find particularly intriguing is that most people tend to lead with M-Medicham/Loppuny and click High Jump Kick, meaning if you lead with Heatran, you can click protect turn 1 and inflict 50% in recoil. Lava Plume was chosen over Magma Storm for its accuracy, PP, securing chip damage and threatening burns on the likes of Zygarde 50% and Tyranitar.

Suijin (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex's ability to come in and take hits is honestly astounding. With Toxapex's insane defensive stats it can usually just shrug off most non-super effective attacks and regain all of it back with broken Regenerator. Notable mons Pex walls are Gren, Zard-Y, Keldeo and M-Scizor. I chose Toxic Spikes over Toxic since this squad was a hazard-stacking squad and Pex can usually get up a layer with relative ease.

Izanami (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance Gliscor is really underprepared for right now and can really punch through opposing teams and works in conjunction with both hazard-stacking and Reuniclus. Facade makes sure I have some way of hitting flying-types such as Landorus, Zapdos and the likes of Bulu who take nothing for Earthquake. An important fact to keep in mind is, Gliscor is the only answer to Magma Storm Heatran for this team. However, Gliscor does a good job at keeping it at bay since it can come in one Magma Storm and proceed to outspeed it to net a KO. Gliscor also helps remody my weakness to Electric and Ground-type attacks from the likes of Tapu Koko, Excadrill And Landorus-T.

Raijin (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost
- Defog / Heat Wave

Being a reliable check to most of the physical bohemiths that inhabit this tier, Zapdos is invaluable. Zapdos has been blessed with a diverse move pool, amazing typing and stats allowing it to stand it’s own on the team. Static is a must with Discharge, as paralysis is this teams only way to deal with its lack of speed control. I chose a Hidden Power Ice over Heat Wave specifically since Landorus-T and Zygarde were issues that this team had trouble handling. Seeing Defog on a hazard stack team may seem strange, but the stall + hazard stack matchup is difficult for this team since it can get easily get worn down by hazards. This is why I prefer to be able to Defog them away if I’m not able to get any of mine up. Meanwhile, Heat Wave is nice to eliminate those pesky Steels that annoy this team, but since I have other means of dealing with them with prefer to opt for Defog.

CONCLUSION.
Building and playing with “Endymion” has been an overall wonderful experience. It has been one of the most consistent teams I’ve used while playing on the ladder and in room tours. Alas it’s far from perfect so feel free to leave any constructive criticism for the team~ :) 宜しくね!

-
latest.png
(Nasty Plot)
-
(Swords Dance + Stone Edge / Continental Crush)
-
(Dragon Dance Earthquake)
-
(Hidden Power Fire + Earth Power)
-
(Earthquake)
-
(Shattered Psyche + Hidden Power Ground)
-
(Stored Power + Refresh/Earthquake)

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost
- Defog

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Reuniclus - Don't do this. Reun eats every non Knock Off Physical attack in the meta. It doesn't need Iron Defence. What it needs is a way to predict and beat Greninja, Tyranitar and Bisharp. From my testing with the mon, the below is the only viable set.

Reuniclus @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Fight-Z reduces KO damage while allowing you to not have to roll 70% against prominent dark-types. It also allows you to not be PP stalled by Steels. (Protect Ferrothorn will take 16 PP from a +6 Reun without Focus Blast, as will Skarmory.)

The aim of Reun is not to beat offence. Reun doesn't beat offence, it creates easy switchins for it and struggles to deal with key threats such as tyranitar or greninja. Reun beats fat. It sets up CM on every bulky pokemon in the meta game not named Tapu Bulu, and eats fat teams all at once. As such, the rest of your team needs to be able to handle these threats. DD Tyranitar, Specs Greninja and Banded Zygarde all demolish your team as it stands, any any amount of phazing will hold off an iron defense Reun.

IN-DEPTH LOOK AT TEAM.

Endymion (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Reuniclus serves as "Endymion"'s primary win conditions, thus I have designed the team to support it's function as a predominately offensive presence. Psyshock was chosen over Psychic for Calm Mind wars as well as being able to do more damage to Chansey, which Reuniclus is able to take advantage of. This set of Calm Mind + Iron Defense truely encompasses the idea of mind (CM) and body (Iron Def) being one to achieve victory. This set allows this mon to come in on the likes of M-Loppuny and M-Medicham with ease. No single attack they can use is a 2HKO on this hardbody Reuniclus. This set can single highhandedly demolish most offense and bulky offense builds that plague the ladder. Although it's worth noting that despite this set being able to flat out wall and invalidate nearly the whole tier, it's theoretical that you manage to get to that point. Reuniclus is very vulnerable to critical hits due to how long it takes for it to set up.
Love Reuniclus as a Pokémon, Magic Guard makes it so reliable in most of the situations. I do, however, want to make one small suggestion:

Endyimon (Reuniclus) @ Psychium Z
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon

The set is really reliable in terms of beating fatter teams. Its combination of Psyshock and Psychium makes that Pokémon hit opposing Pokémon on the Def and SpDef end, which I find really cool, to be honest. Additionally, Flash Cannon is there to break through Unaware Clefable, granted you get the 50/50 with the Protects. Quagsire also dies to Psychium with 1 prior Flash Cannon/Psyshock hit, which is HUGE, in my opinion.

0 SpA Reuniclus Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 295-348 (74.8 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 84-100 (21.3 - 25.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Reuniclus Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 152-180 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Reuniclus Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 228-268 (57.8 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This is not supposed to be an actual rate, by the way, just a little suggestion of what I think could work on your team. Reuniclus has so many sets that are super good.

Hope I helped somehow ^^

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you patlop, but that's not beating an unaware clef. A 3HKO means you're going to get WishTect or just straight moonlight pp stalled out. If unaware clef is your top priority, I'd run this.

Reuniclus @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon
- Recover
- Calm Mind

48+ SpA Reuniclus Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
This set has 238 Defence, whereas the Bold set that had enough SpA investment to secure the OHKO had only 229.

Sorry to disappoint you patlop, but that's not beating an unaware clef. A 3HKO means you're going to get WishTect or just straight moonlight pp stalled out. If unaware clef is your top priority, I'd run this.

Reuniclus @ Steelium Z
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon
- Recover
- Calm Mind

48+ SpA Reuniclus Corkscrew Crash (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
This set has 238 Defence, whereas the Bold set that had enough SpA investment to secure the OHKO had only 229.
  • Moonlight Clef loses to the Reuniclus because it only has 8 PP.
  • Psychium beats Clefable with rolls or after Rocks
  • runninng Steelium does not let you break through Quagsire, which has been on the rise recently

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Reuniclus @ Steelium Z
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon
- Recover
- Calm Mind

That set has no speed which means pex can haze on you, which is just so meh in the current meta. So while I like the idea of Steelium Reuniclus in theory that spread needs some work. Tho I agree with Patlop's points in the post above this.

Nice team. Just a few minor suggestions.

Reuniclus is fine. Roll with him. He's your anchor.

Ferrothorn, I'd use a Max / Max personally.. but the EVs are no biggie. Replace Knock Off for Protect. This will make your predictions easier and let Ferro stall for more Leftovers / Toxic / Leech Seed damage and recovery.

Heatran I suggest using the standard Magma Storm trapper. Your team is weak to Swords Dance Bulu otherwise. The Trapper will also let you beat up on Stall because of Taunt and high speed.

Since you dropped Knock Off of Ferro, you could add it on Gliscor over Façade. Gliscor's set is really the one in question. I'm not sure how effective SD is in today's metagame because Gliscor is quite weak for a wall breaker and way too slow for a sweeper. I would replace with the following:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

This set should piss off stall. Toxic annoys Clefable's Heal Bell PP and Clef can't do anything to you otherwise. Taunt should really help your match-up against stall along with Trapper Heatran.

Zapdos is fine. Omit Defog. You're better off being proactive with the Hazard war. Your team does pretty well in spike warfare. You have reliable recovery on 4 mons, 2 flying types, Regenerator, Magic Guard, Leech Seed, and a bunch of slow Fat mons that don't care about Sticky Webs. I personally would go Thunderbolt > Discharge. Most things you want to paralyze are equally likely to get para'd if they attack you, and an untimely paralysis will worsen your match-up against some bulkier mons that are better off being hit with Toxic. The extra base power doesn't hurt. I think it also guarantees the OHKO on M-Pinsir.

Hey Luciena
Great team, I congratulate you. Also for the +1800. I have always thought that the balanced style is the best or most solid. That depends on one. By the way, nice subject. It's all clean, nice and complete.

Well, it turns out that Reuniclus is one of my favorites. But it is difficult for me to stand out / do anything. From the fifth generation I fell in love. With the necessary support, you can change.

In the list of threats I think you should add MPinsir with Stone Edge + EQ. The team may have spam ghost and dark but that can be handled better.

I for my part do not usually play much this tier but I will try to contribute what I can and not be in a post added. At first glance, it's not a big help, but I hope you keep it in mind and help you in the future.

With this you may lose defensive presence but you will gain a surprise factor to eliminate certain threats.

Reuniclus @ Colbur Berry.
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Recover

In this way with CM and Colbur berry support you can kill mons dark type even Hoopa-U which is x4 among others. It is just one option of many but it is a safe answer. In summary it is everything.

Once again, congratulations, I really like to see topics like that from time to time. He is very cheerful.

Greetings.

Been testing it, pretty great team!!! I had a fun time using it!
Gotta say i used the fightium-z variant for reuniclus suggested by TheTapDancer and sometimes i would prefer heatran to run something else in the protect slot, like earth power or taunt. Also had some difficulties with set up sweepers like zard-x or even a random minior lol. Anyways, pretty fun team to use, reuniclus is amazing against fal builds which is freaking great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)