Metagame Pokébilities

This is such a cool concept!
I've never really thought about it but there are a surprising abundance of mons who suffer from "1 ability sydrome". I don't really have loads to say threats-wise that hasn't already been said, but I do have a suggestion.

I think a VR or even just a simple threat list could really benefit this thread. Like as I was scrolling through 10 pages of discussion it was getting hard to keep track of everyones ideas/all the unorthodox mons I wanted to try out. I understand if that's a little unreasonable/too early atm, but everyone seems pretty active and willing to contribute.
Will post more later regarding threats if I think of any new ones! :P

Edit: So Crustle's looking pretty good as a hazards setter/suicide lead. Was thinking of running Rock Polish (over Spikes because I thought SR was enough) but is that redundant with the Weak Armour boost?

Last edited:
Well, +3 instead of +2 is better :P
Question: how can we try to make this playable on the main server?
As much as I'd love this to be playable on the main server, I doubt that will happen for a very long time. (If ever!) We'd need activity at least on par with juggernauts like M&M, AAA and BH and we aren't even close to that unfortunately.
However, if word gets out about the meta, it could be nominated for OM of the Month (or OMotM for short) and voted in by the wider OM community. Then it would have it's own ladder on PS! for a whole month, but that's the most anyone can hope for, at least for the time being. :(

Activity WHERE? Here in this topic? Or on the ROM and Dragonhaven servers?
Oh yeah, OMotM would be cool! *_* (another tier in which i can fail horribly XD)

On the topic of suicide leads, what about Sawk? It gets sturdy, moldbreaker, and inner focus (so fake out can't break sturdy for free). It can break through sturdy on other leads, stealth rock through magic bounce, and taunt through magic bounce.

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
On the topic of suicide leads, what about Sawk? It gets sturdy, moldbreaker, and inner focus (so fake out can't break sturdy for free). It can break through sturdy on other leads, stealth rock through magic bounce, and taunt through magic bounce.
Sawk doesn't learn Stealth Rock...

How does gastro acid work? Does it remove one ability at random, or all of them? Similarly, how do skill swap and worry seed work?

At the request of The Immortal Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Wynaut, Wobuffet, Diglett, Dugtrio, and Trapinch are now banned. Also, Zygarde-10%, Greninja, and Rockruff should not be able to have Power Construct, Battle Bond, and Own Tempo with any other ability, as in-game those abilities are actually held by distinct formes.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
By that logic all Pokemon with Moody should be banned as well. Smeargle, Remoraid, Octillery, Bidoof, Bibarel, Snorunt, and Glalie
I believe Moody is banned by a clause, and since it is active here as this is an OU based meta, it should be too

Anyways, sorry for my misunderstaning on the trapping abilities yall, thanks for clearing it up

Kommo-o @ Steelium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

or...

Kommo-o @ Steelium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

Things immune to like everything, then has the niche of Steelium-Z for clefable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)