OM Mashup Megathread

GUZZLORD FOR S+ TIER IN MNM TS!

Seriously though, I think Guzzlord may have finally found a place where it can shine. If you watch the chat in OM mashups on PS, you've probably seen me mention this mon; but now I can elaborate. With TS boosting his pitiful defenses to complement his massive HP stat and getting access to more defense boosts with the right mega stone, guzzlord can be nigh unbreakable. It's pressured pretty hard by fairies tho, so it's mandatory to pair it with checks to fairy types.

My first idea with guzzlord was to pair it with a wishpasser to circuimvent his lack of recovery, but i'm not into that idea anymore. Guzzlord's massive HP makes him a pretty bad wish receiver, with each wish probably restoring at most 1/3 of his HP - not really worth the effort. I'll post the core I came up anyway if anyone wants to try it but there's better stuff to do.

Guzzlord - Rachi - Pod wish core

Audinite Rachi covers Dragon, Fairy, Ice and Bug weaknesses. Golisopod covers Rachi's Fire and ground weakness as well as Guzzlord's Fight weakness.

To elaborate on what guzzlord is supposed to be doing in my opinion:

The best defensive guzzlord set is prob Dtail, Crunch, Toxic, X with Sablenite and max Def and SpDef investment. I think investing in Guzzlord's hp is bad, since his base hp is already sky high. It's better to invest in both defenses for well rounded bulk. This set can switch in on rocks and status, throw off a Toxic on incoming fairies or annoy switchins with Dragon Tail. It's best when paired with a hazard stacking core (as seen above), since Dtail + hazards can wear down the enemy team. Crunch is the best Dark stab option, as there's quite a few Psychics and Ghosts here, plus it can lower Defense in prologned 1v1s.

Audinite could also be an option, giving it the Dark/Fairy typing, but then Rest is almost mandatory to get rid of status.

A third option is a more offensive set with Blastoisinite. The obvious moves are Dragon and Dark Pulse. You can add coverage moves, but it's probably best to just run RestTalk for longevity. Guzzlord is never beating fairies that live a Sludge Wave anyway.

Once I realised that wish passing to Guzzlord is meh, I wanted to find alternate avenues of recovery. I settled on Rest. Now Rest can be paired with sleep talk (as mentioned earlier), or better yet a Healbeller that lets you come back in and click buttons some more. I'll post my Rest + Heal Bell core now.

Guzzlord - Aggron - Phione Rest - Bell core

Aggron has insane stats in TS, with Altarianite to replace his shitty Rocky typing with Fairy it becomes a very powerful tank. Fire punch can be run over EQ to hit Kartana and Aggronite Grasses or Bugs. Phione with Latiasite covers Aggron's Ground and Fire weaknesses, supports the two tanks with heal bell and provides Uturn support. Whirlpool + Protect could be replaced with Scald and a move of your choice.

You can see this core in action here:
Replay 1
Replay 2

I've also played around with Blastoisinite Guzzlord. As I've mentioned, it's extremely weak to Fairies, so i wanted something that can pressure them. Enter Golbat and Primal Groudon. Golbat can handle non Electric Fairies which are handled by Groudon, who also beats Altarianite Entei.

Offensive Guzzlord core

This core lacks a Steel type, so I recommend adding an Aggronite mon or a different defensive Steel type. Again, I have some replays that show this core in action. There was some hax involved though, so might not really be as effective.

Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3

Last edited:
Okay, I have concocted some sample sets for MnMTS. Do not be too harsh, as these are only samples and may not theoretically work. Also, correct any math mistakes I may make, math isn't really my strong suit :P
PU:

Audino @ Sablenite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off / Encore / Toxic
New Stats: 103 / 110 / 176 / 120 / 176 / 60
Can you say stall? This thing's absurd bulk will completely dominate stall. It also gains Magic Bounce, meaning it is impervious to Toxic. Bring out your wallbreakers or Mold Breaker 'mons, because this thing will not go down easy.

Kangaskhan @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy or whatever really
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge / Return
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake / Sucker Punch / Power-Up Punch
New Stats: 105 / 195 / 130 / 80 / 120 / 160
Kangaskhan may seem outclassed by other Lopunnite users at first, but there are a couple of things she has over them, most notably a STAB Fake Out to mega evolve safely, better bulk than most of them, and access to Scrappy pre-Mega as well so that a Ghost-type won't try to switch in on a pre-mega Kanga and get a Fake Out to the face. This is a poke you need to look out for.
NU:

Klinklang @ Altarianite / Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (or if you're running Altarianite 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe)
Jolly (if running Pinsirite) / Adamant (if running Altarianite) Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute
New Stats (Altarianite): 70 / 170 / 165 / 140 / 115 / 120
New Stats (Pinsirite): 70 /
160 / 165 / 110 / 135 / 140
Oooh, boy. This thing will be UNSTOPPABLE after an SG, with its high attack and amazing speed after it boosts. The stone is your choice, Altarianite gives higher attack and a better defensive typing, while Pinsirite gives higher speed and a crucial immunity to Ground-type moves.

Torterra @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
New Stats: 95 / 157 / 175 / 127 / 135 / 86
This thing is amazing as a tank. Venusaurite allows Torterra to say Fuck you to Ice and Fire-types and retaliate with an attack. And thanks to its great attack stat for a bulky tank, it manages not to be too passive as well. The EV spread is specifically designed to counter defensive PDon, outspeeding it and 2HKOing it w/ EQ after SR while making its Overheat a 5HKO.
RU:

Zygarde-10% @ Altarianite / Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Return / Outrage
New Stats (Altarianite): 74 / 160 / 111 / 121 / 105 / 135
New Stats (Pinsirite): 74 /
150 / 111 / 91 / 125 / 145
Similar to Klinklang, Zydog will sweep through your team after a DD. However, it has access to Extreme Speed as well to KO weakened threats as well as Thousand Arrows, which nails the Steel-types that would otherwise wall Zydog. You better watch out for it, because this can ravage your team.

Galvantula @ Gyaradosite
Ability: anything b/c they are all useless
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Lunge
- Sucker Punch
- Volt Switch
New Stats: 70 / 127 / 110 / 127 / 110 / 128
This set may seem unorthodox, but it is my go-to Sticky Web setter for my Webs offense teams. Unlike Shuckle, it is not a total momentum sink due to its actual offensive presence and higher HP and Speed. It also boasts Lunge, which can help cripple a check to one of Galvantula's teammates, Sucker Punch for some priority against opposing leads, and Volt Switch to pivot into a frail teammate. A little weird at first, but you'll get used to it
UU:

Volcanion @ Cameruptite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
New Stats: 80 / 140 / 160 / 180 / 130 / 60
Hoo boy, was it hard to find a good poke in this tier that wouldn't be outclassed by others, and I think I found one. Volcanion has been an amazing wallbreaker with its great offensive STAB combo and Cameruptite, which makes it a truly terrifying threat. Sure, it may be slower, but at least it has an amazing moveset to take care of its checks, which are also Sheer Force boosted.
Whew, that took longer than I thought.

Tier Shift MnM

Team introduction

Now that I have some results to go with it I've decided to show off this team. It's been the most successful team I've made so far, though it's important to keep in mind this is a young meta and that better sets could crop up over time.
TS MnM HO

Mesprit @ Absolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
Mesprit has, as far as I can tell, the highest BST of any mon (tied with Articuno) allowed to use a stone with a 780 equaled only by the real megas, Mewtwo and Rayquaza. A nice 145 in everything but speed makes Mesprit fairly bulky and access to Calm Mind makes it a decent setup sweeper, however it's offensive movepool is somewhat lacking and I've been meaning to look into Work Up Silvally due to access to Flamethrower. Mesprit does have one thing that Silvally doesn't however, with the Fairy move Dazzling Gleam cleaving through the immense bulk of Dark mons like Guzzlord. Absolite is a fairly standard choice for a special mon giving it 185 special attack, and the extra speed lets Mesprit hit base 160 outspeeding threats like Diancite Rampardos and Altarianite Raichu. I might also replace Thunderbolt with HP Fire at some point.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
It's Primal Groudon, if it's legal you use it. Still the best user of Red Orb user and still the best offensive rocker out there.

Klinklang @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Wild Charge
While every Klinklang I've seen discussed so far has been running full speed investment I'm not really convinced it needs any investment to sweep when considering that uninvested Pinsirite at +2 only loses out to extreme unboosted stats like Diancite Ninjask, which can't kill it anyway. The bulk investment allows far better setup opportunity as well as resilience to strong priority such as Absol's Sucker Punch. Altarianite sets have been mentioned as well, though I much prefer the immunity to Ground attacks since it makes setting up much easier.

Zapdⲟs (Oricorio-Pom-Pom) @ Sablenite
Ability: Dancer
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Roost
A fairly standard Zapdos since I wanted a defogger and a switch in to Salamencite Noivern. Can run Toxic instead to be able to damage Groudon at the cost of now being unable to hurt Klinklang, though usually a U-turn into the appropriate mon can accomplish just as much.

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
Thanks to the tier shift boosts Arcanine is very slightly stronger and faster than Entei, although it still lacks the boosting move and superior coverage options and even the superior STAB that Entei has. It makes up for this somewhat with it's excellent abilities before evolving and it's healing through Morning Sun which can offset rock chip and Flare Blitz recoil, though it still needs to use Toxic to damage Groudon switch ins.

Noivern @ Salamencite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost
Extremely fast, reasonably bulky, and deafeningly loud, Noivern with the cool RU +20 seems to be a major threat in this tier. It's 163 speed is difficult to match without sacrificing bulk via Diancite, even in a meta where Lapras hits base 100, while it's relatively modest 127 special attack is helped along by it's 168 BP STAB in Aerilate Boomburst. While it could certainly opt to run Draco Meteor for a second STAB or Flamethrower for steel coverage, I like the utility provided by Taunt in stopping opposing defoggers or denying Klinklang it's boosts before U-turning out into something more threatening. Roost gives it great staying power and can help it shrug off hits from Groudon or counter threats like Golisopod repeatedly throughout a match.

Replays:

Miscellaneous observations
The first thing that occurred to me was just how many things there are in RU and UU that are already major threats in Mix and Mega, such as Raikou/Golisopod (with an extra +100 BST) and Entei/Zeraora (with +50). These mons are still the best at what they do as nothing can really match the pressure of Raikou's nuclear Weather Ball or Pinsirite Zeraora's Fake Out spamming, and neither can really be recreated in lower tiers as the only powerful Electric types either lack Fake Out like Electivire and Zebstrika, or lack a boosting move like Raichu, while all of them obviously lack Plasma Fists. Weather Ball can be learnt by a few decently fast and powerful mons like Victreebel, however neither of these can hit Blue Orb switch ins the way Raikou can and they all lack Volt Switch to keep momentum up. Even Terrakion, which I joked about earlier, still has many points over the lower tier Rock types such as it's second STAB and Kabutops lacking Earthquake, though it's probably hit the hardest out of all of these since things like Lycanroc are faster and stronger.
Another thing I noticed was Kartana still having higher attack than anything other than Rampardos and the gap between it and other bulky mons with Swords Dance hasn't really shrunk. The strongest attackers that get boosted are now base 170, with Absol lacking the bulk and resistance to Pixilate Extreme Speed that Kartana enjoys when setting up and sweeping while Ursaring faces similar problems when using Lopunnite. Another Ultra Beast that isn't challenged all too strongly is Buzzwole, which still has the highest HP of all Bug types since the boost was removed and a defense stat rivaled only by Vespiquen meaning it is still one of the best Aggronite users and best physical walls in the tier.

Now onto things that actually are drastically improved. First off I'd like to introduce a couple of Blue Orb mons with some interesting points to consider over Golisopod or Kyogre. The first is Swanna, with a perfect accuracy Hurricane from it's 157 special attack and a rather high attack stat of 177 if you decide to go physical/mixed, keeping in mind it does have Aqua Jet. It's immunity to Precipice Blades allows it a chance to switch into Groudon and kill, as well as having Roost and Defog to help support the rest of your team. Unfortunately, it's one of the few birds without U-turn which can be a bit of a pain. The other potential Blue Orb user I'm drawn to is Ludicolo, which uniquely resists Precipice Blades while being neutral to Raikou's Thunderbolt, however the main pull has been it's access to Leech Seed. Being able to kill Red Orb mons is great, but staying alive and annoying whatever they switch Groudon into is also very important and Ludicolo can do just that with some passive chipping potential.
While Groudon is still the best Red Orb mon as far as I'm concerned, poor little Flygon has a bit of a niche as a mini-Groudon with U-turn, Defog, and Roost. It's special attack is now equal to Groudon's and it's speed is superior, and with Dragon Dance on top of this it's not something that should be overlooked. It still pales in comparison to the sheer bulk of Groudon and the power of Precipice Blades, but it does have it's place as a new Ground/Fire type with 150 special attack.
Another majorly improved mon is Pom Pom Oricorio, essentially becoming a bulkier Zapdos, although the loss of Heat Wave can be felt at times.
Rapid Spinners like Avalugg could potentially have a big impact here since after the boosts Avalugg is astonishingly bulky for something with Recover, and with something like Blue Orb it has a terrifying 207 attack as well. Kabutops has Swords Dance and will hit terrifyingly hard with any of the standard physical attacker stones, providing enough pressure for spinning safely. Blastoise has good coverage and some nice bulk. Sandslash has good bulk and Swords Dance and isn't the slowest mon out there either. Claydol and Armaldo have considerble bulk depending on the stone and can also set rocks themselves. Komala has a small niche in being the only thing that can have Rapid Spin, Wish, and U-turn all at once, while Tsareena trades Wish for Synthesis.

Gonna make a difference between the Stone Sablenite and the Item Eviolite for MnM LC.

Sablenite: +10 Atk / +50 Def / +20 SpA / +50 SpD / -30 Spe

It is one of the highest defenses of all stone offers alongside slight offensive stat boost and Magic Bounce ability .

But why is Eviolite still better than Sablenite for the bulky pokemon? Here's why :

Assuming using the 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD EVs with Bold Nature
Stats: 69 HP / 65 Atk / 95 Def / 75 SpA / 105 SpD / 1 SpeStats: 69 HP / 55 Atk / 45 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 15 Spe
True Stats at Level 5 : 25 HP / 11 Atk / 19 Def / 14 SpA / 19 SpD / 6 SpeTrue Stats at Level 5 : 25 HP / 10 Atk / 21 Def / 12 SpA / 21 SpD / 8 Spe

+ Some Pokemon prefer their base Ability than Magic Bounce. Regenerator on Foongus and Mareanie were the best example of this.
+ Eviolite gives more defense than Sablenite when reaching 12 or more Def/SpD stats.
+ Eviolite isn't limited to be used by one pokemon per team unlike Sablenite; You can have a team with 2 or more Pokemon holding Eviolite.
+ Eviolite gives you immediate bulk unlike Sablenite, which needs to Mega fast in order to get the extra bulk.

Assuming no Rocks*
244+ Atk Pixilate Dratini Extreme Speed vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-13 (37 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO ( can survive 2 Espeed )
Possible Damage : (10, 10, 10, 10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13)

244+ Atk Pixilate Dratini Extreme Speed vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 15-18 (55.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ( has 75% chance to get KOed by 2nd Espeed if you haven't Mega Evolve yet)
Possible Damage : (15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

I would like to note that the common status move they tend to bounce back is Stealth Rock. While it is a good thing, it has a rather limited used outside of it. Thunder Wave was quite rare to be seen and some status such as Toxic and Leech Seed weren't that good either.

Also, now that the Dratini suspect is almost over, it would seemed that we have only a few qualifiers. I tried to grind for the req, but unfortunately for me,i'm having a conflict regarding time and when i have really have the time to ladder, its mostly on dead hours where almost no one is laddering. Someone was also going to used this computer, so i couldn't have my whole time like a long time ago. My Mobile Phone was also lagging when it comes to battling.

(sorry for both the late input and the sloppy way of showing reqs, I’ve never done this before and had no idea how to do it on mobile. If this gets disqualified because it came in past the due date, I’ll accept that)

It’s a close call, but in the end I’m voting Ban on Dratini. Simply put, it’s just not healthy for any meta to have one mon that ends up being the deciding factor in nearly every game. I was hesitant at first because Dratini does have a fair number of checks that I wouldn’t consider too overspecialized/niche, but in a meta geared towards offense like this one it’s hard for those checks to actually stay healthy enough to come in more than once. It’s not like they’re hard stops, either: DD/Espeed/Fire Blast/Aqua Tail is really only hard walled by Blue Orb Ferroseed, as non-Blue Orb Steels and Red Orb users without a quad resistance or hefty SpDef can still be easily worn down or even outright beaten by Fire Blast, while BO non-water-resistant Steels don’t appreciate Aqua Tail turning their own rain against them. All this combined with the fact that Dratini offensively counters such a large portion of the meta means that, while you could argue over whether it fits the exact dictionary definition of “overcentralizing”, it’s still unhealthy enough for the meta as a whole to deserve a ban.
71550602-0EED-493A-B805-BA14881CD7A3.png
934BFD14-5CAD-432B-8BDF-26BE7D15C8A5.jpeg

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Introducing to you all, the OM Mashups Ranshop. This post is a compilation of Official OM Mashup teams I have built for everyone to use in PS battles. Anyone is free to take as many teams as they desire from this post and offer feedback on any flaw each team has so they can be fixed. The objective is to start off with at least three teams per Official OM Mashup, and starting next month, one team will be added for each Official Mashup per month. You can also expect several of these teams to have numerous hefty changes or even the chance of being outright replaced. Any feedback given would hopefully increase the quality of these teams as the months go by. Discord DMs, Pokemon Showdown PMs, and Smogon conversations are the best places to offer feedback, although you are free to publicly do so on this thread, our OM Mashups subroom, or our OM Mashups discord.

NOTICE!!!
Because this is a team dump for each of my official OM Mashup teams, the autostart timer of each Official OM Mashup tournament will decrease from 10 minutes to 7 and all Official OM Mashup tournaments will now have an autodq timer, starting at 3.5 minutes.
[R] = My trademark.

Official OM Mashup Teams: Click on the Pokemon to receive a team.

Bounce Audino Offense [R]

Cats and Rabbits Offense [R]

An Edgelord's Offense [R]

Sleeptalkin Guards Balance [R]

Toxic Plate Offense [R]

Probopass Offense [R]

Huge Power Hyper Offense [R]

Marshspam Hyper Offense [R]

"Mega" Ray & Ekiller Spam HO [R]

Medichamite + Pinsirite Spam Offense [R]

Sun and Moon Offense [R]

Toys of AZ Offense [R]

Shuckle ROCKS Hyper Offense [R]

Dual Adapt Offense [R]

Out of This World HO [R]

Okuni's Reign Offense [R]

Sandstorm Offense [R]

Breath of Nature Offense [R]

Muscle Power Offense [R]

King of the Monsters Webs HO [R]

LO Giratina Offense [R]

Ultra Sun and Moon Offense [R]

Gusty Winds Offense [R]

Drachicken Offense [R]

DUAL STAG WEBS WITH MILTANK Offense [R]

Dust Bowl Offense [R]

Escavalier Rain Offense [R]

Lefties Choice Offense [R]

Very Feminine HO [R]

Hairy Balance Team [R]

Dual Defog Offense [R]

Generic Offense [R]

T-Spikes Offense [R]

Bats and Vultures Offense [R]

Dual Webs HO [R]

Heart of Soul Offense [R]

Swadloon Weather Offense [R]

Helping Hand Spam Offense [R]

Queen of Corruption Balance [R]

Diamond Fortress Balance [R]

Genesect Offense [R]

Zapfini Bulky Offense [R]

"Tier 1" Spam Offense [R]

Analyzed Squad Offense [R]

Mixed TR Offense [R]

Spacial Offense [R]

Absolute Destruction Offense [R]

Slow Destruction Offense [R]

Slow Destruction v2 Offense [R]

Gravity Falls Offense [R]

Tamatoa Offense [R] edits from HeatEdgeSword

Dual Figy Offense [R] edits from HeatEdgeSword

Psysurge Offense [R]

Diamond Storm Offense [R]

Mixed TR STAB Offense [R]

Voltorb Webs [R]

Dual -ate Offense [R]

Eviolite Spam Balance [R]

-atespam Offense [R]

Special Archen Offense [R]

Mother Nature's Offense [R]

Electric Surge Hyper Offense [R]

Dual Fighting Webs Hyper Offense

Vullaby Webs Offense [R]

Doduo Webs Offense [R]

Sharp LC Offense [R]

DDance Gible Hyper Offense [R]

Trick Room Offense

Voltturn + Owing Offense [R]

Bald Eagle Offense [R]

Scyther Offense [R]

Tirtouga Webs Hyper Offense [R]

Carvanha Hyper Offense [R]

Zigzagoon Webs Offense [R]

Groudon Dance Sun Offense [R]

Last edited:
Alright, since Ransei allows us to offer feedback for any team with any noticeable holes, I shall start off by taking a look at STABmon Doubles team.

Generally speaking, with the exception of the first team, Ransei's team doesn't have enough protection moves. Unless they have amazing bulk with reliable recovery or having Fake Out, Pokemon should always have Protect in Doubles. Also, Diamond Storm is banned in STABmon Doubles, meaning that any of Ransei's team that contains Rock-types are not allowed. Here's a recap to the banlist of STABmon Doubles so far.

Pokemon:
Doubles Uber
Komala, Shedinja, Silvally
Restricted Moves:
Chatter, Diamond Storm, Geomancy, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Thousand Arrows

Other:
Power Construct, Eevium Z, Lovely Kiss, Dark Void, Gravity ++ Grass Whistle, Gravity ++ Hypnosis, Gravity ++ Lovely Kiss, Gravity ++ Sing, Gravity ++ Sleep Powder, Drizzle

Now then, onto fixing the rest of the holes for each team.

Tamatoa Offense [R]
Porygon2:
Sassy 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD < Quiet 252 HP/ 148 Def/ 16 SpA/ 92 SpD

Doubles typically prefer a more balanced spread. That's the spread from its Doubles analysis on Smogon, by the way.

Trace < Download/Analytic

Don't know how to explain this properly, but Trace isn't reliable as it targets a random foe whereas Download calculates both foes' weaker defensive stats for the power boost. Analytic can be chosen instead for the extra power boost if Porygon2 moves last that turn.

Trick Room < Icy Wind/Whirlwind

I don't see how this team can benefit from Trick Room. If you want speed control, Icy Wind is better for this team. If you want to prevent Trick Room, Whirlwind can be a good countermeasure to it.

Protect < Ice Beam

As I said before, Pokemon with amazing bulk and reliable recovery don't have to run Protect. This Porygon2 also lack any attack, so it will be a sitting duck if it gets taunted.

Keldeo < Tapu Fini

Tapu Fini is a better Calm Mind user than Keldeo with its great bulk and useful ability. Overriding Psychic Terrain is also a plus. Alternatively, Tapu Fini could support its partner with Heal Pulse. And unfortunately, I don't think Keldeo is great in STABmon Doubles.

Landorus:
Focus Sash < Figy Berry

Jolly 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe < Adamant 252 HP/ 152 Atk/ 44 Def/ 52 SpD/ 8 Spe

This item and spread are more ideal for setting up Stealth Rock in Doubles, except it's more skewed towards its physical attack. This spread allows Landorus to always 2HKO Kartana with Precipice Blades that doesn't have any bulk investment and survive from Ice-type attack by a -1 Mega Metagross or Tapu Koko.

Protect < Tailwind (optional)

You may keep Protect if you want to since Protect provides lots of benefits, Landorus Therian is one of those Pokemon that could get away with no Protect that doesn't have reliable recover or Fake Out. I think Landorus and the team greatly benefit from having Tailwind as your team isn't very agile otherwise, and Incineroar can provide more momentum to work around with Fake Out.

EDIT: the team also lacks Z-move, so you can turn Landorus into a Z-move attacker. Just be sure to make its spread more offensive oriented.

Mew:
This particular Mew needs a revamp since it shows many holes compared to the rest of the team. For one, it's too skewed on Defense in a format that prefers special attacker. And Heal Bell is never viable in Doubles at all, which is why Tapu Fini was added to the team to provide a better form of status prevention.

Mew @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 40 SpA / 12 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind/ Hyperspace Hole
- Transform

This spread provides a balance between bulk and speed. Fake Out is for providing momentum. Ice Beam for Zygarde and Landorus. Tailwind for speed control. Only run Hyperspace Hole if Landorus already has Tailwind. And Transform is mainly for transforming into your own Mega Scizor with boosts.

Scizor:
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe < Adamant 252 HP / 136 Atk / 36 SpD / 84 Spe

Sunsteel Strike < Bug Bite

Inicneroar typically holds berry and Bug Bite hit it for neutral damage, which otherwise can wall Mega Scizor. The speed allows Mega Scizor to outspeed Tapu Fini with no speed investment.

Incineroar: Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe < Adamant 252 HP/ 108 Atk/ 20 Def/ 116 SpD/ 12 Spe

There's nothing wrong with its moveset, but Incineroar does prefer more bulk than speed, so I change the spread to reflect that.

EDIT: Here's a paste of the revamped team.

Attachments

Last edited:
hmm... ig i'll do my best to help fixing hole in some lc om teams

Dual Fighting Webs Hyper Offense
I'm going to start with this dual fighting HO in LC AAA first.

Pawniard:
Adamant 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe < Adamant 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

I'm not sure what special moves you want to tank with that SpDef investment...

Mienfoo:
Eviolite < Life Orb

Adamant 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD < Jolly 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe with 9 HP IVs

Adaptability < Tough Claws

Swords Dance < Knock Off

This set gives you immediate power rather than wasting a turn to set-up SD. It also puts a heavy pressure on some Fighting checks such as Foongus and Mareanie much earlier than SD set and reliably helps Timburr sweep at late game.

Poison Jab can be alternatively used over Fake Out only if you want to lure Spritzee.

Surskit:
Bold 36 HP / 180 Def / 180 SpD / 76 Spe < Timid 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe

Surskit's main niche over other Sticky Web users is its high speed. It also lets you speed tie with Onix in order to potentially set-up Sticky Web before it Taunts you or KOed by Rock Blast. I don't think you have to invest on bulk since you have Focus Sash.

Substitute < Ice Beam or Giga Drain

I don't think Substitute synergizes well with Focus Sash... so Ice Beam or Giga Drain can help you deal with Grass-Type or Water-Type.

Timburr:

Ig that speed EVs was for Outspeeding opposing Psysurge Abra after being crippled by Sticky Web. But ok

Berry Juice < Eviolite

Eviolite gives you some bulk to set-up and you already have Drain Punch as your recovery move.
Pancham can be alternatively used over Timburr with the same moveset as they have nearly the same movepool and nearly the same stats at level 5.
*If using Pancham, An EV Spread of 60 HP / 180 Atk / 20 Def / 56 SpD / 172 Spe with Adamant should be used.

Abra:

I understand why Sheer Force is used over Psychic Surge because Triage Timburr couldn't sweep at all under Psychic Terrain.

Substitute can be alternatively used over Shadow Ball to avoid Sucker Punch from opposing Pawniard and safely switches out from Pursuit Trappers. The only bulky Psychics in LC were Slowpoke and Bronzor. But You have Pawniard to Pursuit Trapped those and Pawniard itself can help Abra weakened Ferroseed using Pursuit too.

I think that's all for the important changes for this team. I was gonna change like all but some things prevented me from doing so like:

236+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Pawniard Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 20-24 (80 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+Band Pawn being able to OHKO certain Bulky mon after rocks, something Life Orb misses

+Staryu using Scrappy just to prevent Pumpaboo-XL and Frillish from spinblocking it and Magic Coat to bounce back Twave or Stealth Rock.

+Calm Mind on Abra because :
+1 240 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Abra Psychic vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 23-29 (85.1 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

The team seems solid overall, just needed some few fixes.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok so even with a low vote count, we decided to push forward with giving the results of the latest MnM LC suspect. With this, the results to the suspect are.....

Dratini has been banned (ie: cannot hold a mega stone) in Mix and Mega LC!

With such a huge component of the metagame now removed, what are your thoughts on the metagame as of now? Will offensive threats such as Elekid and Archen go out of hand? Will Zigzagoon be able to take Dratini's place as the only -Atespeeder left? Discuss!

Tagging The Immortal Kris

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Can we have an Inverse Battle Balance Hackmons?
This way the typing resistances would be reversed. It would be pretty cool to see how many types that normally resist each other (and themselves!) require completely different checks and counters.

For example, the ubiquitous Entrain Gengar would be useless, as Normal would be super effective against Ghosts, but Normal-types wouldn’t suddenly be overpowered, because Ghosts would also be super effective against them.

Steel-typing would now be a liability due to all of the weaknesses, rather than a resistance beacon of hope.

I could see Bug, Grass, and Poison moves suddenly rising, alongside with Psychic staying dominant.

Further, I could see how abilities play a bigger part than typing - defensively speaking. For example, Primordial Sea would rise to combat V-Create, so you could use a non-Fire resist, and so it could work against rises in Desolate Land and Mold Breaker.
Misty Terrain to handle Dragon, now only resisted by Dragon, etc.

Last edited:

AltarianitePinsiriteLopunniteLucarionite
Type: Normal / Fairy
Stats:
38 HP
70 Atk
61 Def
70 SpA
41 SpD
60 Spe
Type: Normal / Flying
Stats:
38 HP
60 Atk
61 Def
40 SpA
61 SpD
80 Spe
Type: Normal / Fighting
Stats:
38 HP
90 Atk
51 Def
30 SpA
41 SpD
90 Spe
Type: Normal
Stats:
38 HP
65 Atk
59 Def
55 SpA
41 SpD
82 Spe

Zigzagoon would truly take Dratini's place as a Espeed User.

It may seem also as broken as Dratini but, I don't really see Zigzagoon being too much of a problem as of right now because:

196+ Atk Pixilate Altarianite Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 11 Def Pokemon : 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Possible Damage: (16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19)

196+ Atk Pixilate Altarianite Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 12 Def Pokemon: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Possible Damage: (15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

196+ Atk Aerilate Pinsirite Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 11 Def Pokemon : 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Possible Damage: (16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19)

196+ Atk Aerilate Pinsirite Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 12 Def Pokemon: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

196+ Atk Lopunnite Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 11 Def Pokemon : 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

196+ Atk Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 12 Def Pokemon: 15-18 (71.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

196+ Atk Adaptability Zigzagoon Extreme Speed vs. 12 Def Pokemon: 16-20 (76.1 - 95.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)

All of these variants are unable to actually OHKO frail mons neutrally in a way Dratini does mainly due to its low base offensive stats unless:
They are weak to Stealth Rock or weak to Fairy/Flying or you desperately hoping for 1/16th damage roll , which is almost never happened.

Both Altarianite and Pinsirite variant doesn't have a secondary STAB because all Normal-type moves are turned into Fairy and Flying respectively.

Lucarionite and Lopunnite are reliant on the raw power of Espeed as it doesn't hit anything for super-effective.

Most of these variants are somewhat have hard-time dealing with Steel-Types and no, Zigzagoon doesn't get Stomping Tantrum unlike Linoone. And its movepool is quite limited, especially on the physical side. Lopunnite variant has only like the weak 40 BP Rock Smash as its Fighting STAB.

Anyways, I'm gonna update the Speed Tier shortly

Can we have an Inverse Battle Balance Hackmons?
This way the typing resistances would be reversed. It would be pretty cool to see how many types that normally resist each other (and themselves!) require completely different checks and counters.

For example, the ubiquitous Entrain Gengar would be useless, as Normal would be super effective against Ghosts, but Normal-types wouldn’t suddenly be overpowered, because Ghosts would also be super effective against them.

Steel-typing would now be a liability due to all of the weaknesses, rather than a resistance beacon of hope.

I could see Bug, Grass, and Poison moves suddenly rising, alongside with Psychic staying dominant.

Further, I could see how abilities play a bigger part than typing - defensively speaking. For example, Primordial Sea would rise to combat V-Create, so you could use a non-Fire resist, and so it could work against rises in Desolate Land and Mold Breaker.
Misty Terrain to handle Dragon, now only resisted by Dragon, etc.
Hmm I can somehow see Banded Normalize Gigas/Slaking putting in a lot of work with V-Create and such.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Hmm I can somehow see Banded Normalize Gigas/Slaking putting in a lot of work with V-Create and such.
That’s true, absolutely zero resistances to Normal, since it was never supereffective.

But Fur Coat would be a hard stop. It would be the new -ate.

I could also see Boomburst making huge waves. Soundproof to the rescue, as the only hard stop.

Alright, I shall continue on with the rest of the team. Not going to repeat what I have said previously.

Dual Figy Offense [R]
Terrakion < Mega Tyranitar/ Mega Metagross/ Mega Diancie

Since Diamond Storm is banned, unfortunately, Terrakion isn't great in STABmon Doubles outside of Beat Up. Since the team lacks any Mega, my first suggestion is Mega Tyranitar as it has Dragon Dance, thus fulfilling Terrakion's role but better. Alternatively, you can choose Mega Metagross as it fits the team well with its fantastic coverage. Mega Diancie naturally has Diamond Storm, just hope that the team verification actually allows it with this move to enter.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Landorus:
Yache Berry < Groundium Z
Swords Dance < U-turn/ High Horsepower/Tailwind

While Landorus is capable of performing a multitude of roles, it isn't a good Swords Dance user in Doubles. Since the team also lacks a Z-move user, Landorus is a perfect fit to it with Precipice Blades. U-turn is important for Landorus even as a Z-move attacker, High Horsepower bypasses Wide Guard and deals slightly more damage compared to Precipice Blades when it hits multiples. Tailwind provides speed control to the team.

Rotom:
Timid 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe < Calm 252 HP / 112 Def / 76 SpA / 68 SpD
Leftover < Wiki Berry
Scald < Steam Eruption
Defog < Protect (optional)

Don't see the team needs hazard removal too much if there's no Pokemon in the team that takes x4 damage from Rock. I could be wrong though, but Protect seems more important.

Incineroar: Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe < Adamant 252 HP/ 108 Atk/ 20 Def/ 116 SpD/ 12 Spe

Garchomp < Kyurem Black

Dragon-type attacks aren't effective in Generation 7 since Misty Terrain halves the power of it. Kyurem Black is a better choice over Garchomp as it does not rely on Dragon-type STAB along with having a better bulk.

Kyurem-Black @ Figy Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Celesteela < Tapu Bulu/Kartana

I don't Celesteela is viable in the current Doubles with Incineroar roaming around, whereas Tapu Bulu and Kartana can pick up weakened Incineroar, with the former being able to override other terrains.

Also, keep this in mind that Celesteela prefers special defense more next time as its weaknesses are special oriented.
Revamped team paste

Godly Orchestra Offense [R]
As for this team... unfortunately, I have to say that this team needs a complete revamp. Out of all the team, it is the most problematic of them all, ranging from the lack of Protect, no Kommomium Z, and having moves that aren't good in Doubles or never viable to begin with. What I'm going to do is shifting this Boomburst spam team into more of a Kommo-O team. I'm not too certain how effective this team is, but here goes.

Ransei drampa's grandpa

TheChosenVictor (thank-you!) reported a problem with the complex banlist used in STABmons Ubers: Pokemon that lose a type after evolution are currently not included in the complex bans for restricted moves, enabling them to have moves that should be illegal. For example, Pupitar (Rock/Ground) is complex-banned from learning the restricted move Thousand Arrows. Its evolution, Tyranitar, becomes a Rock/Dark type, but due to how stabmons move legality works, without additional restrictions or complex bans, it still has access to Thousand Arrows from its previous stages.

I just quickly checked the Stab n Mega banlist and this case is covered there, so this isn't a problem in every STAB-based tour code, but it might be worth checking others as well.

I also thought in this case that it might be easier and more readable to make STABmons the base, rather than Ubers (am I overlooking something?) Something like this (untested mainly autogenerated code):-

Code:
/tour new gen7stabmons, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules Mega Rayquaza Clause, +Uber, +Arena Trap, +Power Construct, +Shadow Tag, +Aerodactyl-Mega, +Blacephalon, +Kartana, +Kyurem-Black, +Porygon-Z, +Silvally, +Tapu Koko, +Tapu Lele, +Thundurus-Base, -Kangaskhan-Mega, -Arceus
/tour name [Gen 7] STABmons Ubers

Last edited:
Quick test for...

/tour new aaa, elimination, 32 , 1
/tour rules gen7camomons
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 3.5
/tour name [Gen7] CAAAmomons

Now that we have "gen7camomons"clause, I've tested the validator of this new tour code and it is somewhat went successful:
+Naganadel and Aegislash were still allowed
+The tour is still using AAA banlist ( ie. Dragonite and Hoopa-U being banned )

But the greatest addition to this tour code is that some Pokemon can used a banned abilities if they naturally gets them, like Huge Power Azumarill, Illusion Zoroark, etc.

just... let me know if something is missing or went wrong here.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
OMotM mashups!
Nothing extra banned from them as of now. I couldn't think of anything outrageous for once, so I kept them as is. We'll see how it goes ;)

The Good:
Camomons + Trademarked
Tier Shift + Trademarked
Trademarked Ubers

Ultimate Z + Almost Any Ability
Ultimate Z + STABmons
Ultimate Z + Camomons
Ultimate Z + Tier Shift
/tour new Ultimate Z, elimination
/tour rules +Uber, +Kyurem-Black, +Power Construct, +Conversion
/tour autostart 7
/tour name [Gen 7] Ultimate Z Ubers

ran outta pastebins smh

Ultimate Z BH (I unbanned the omniboosters as they're much less unique and much easier to counter)
Ultimate Z AG >:)

The Bad:
Trademarked + AAA (We can run this if you guys want but like.... the metas kinda don't mesh well)

The Ugly:
These don't work, you won't be able to run 'Illegal' trademarks.

BH + Trademarked
STABmons + Trademarked

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
OMotM mashups!
Nothing extra banned from them as of now. I couldn't think of anything outrageous for once, so I kept them as is. We'll see how it goes ;)

The Good:
Camomons + Trademarked
Tier Shift + Trademarked
Trademarked Ubers

Ultimate Z + Almost Any Ability
Ultimate Z + STABmons
Ultimate Z + Camomons
Ultimate Z + Tier Shift
/tour new Ultimate Z, elimination
/tour rules +Uber, +Kyurem-Black, +Power Construct, +Conversion
/tour autostart 7
/tour name [Gen 7] Ultimate Z Ubers

ran outta pastebins smh

Ultimate Z BH (I unbanned the omniboosters as they're much less unique and much easier to counter)
Ultimate Z AG >:)

The Bad:
Trademarked + AAA (We can run this if you guys want but like.... the metas kinda don't mesh well)

The Ugly:
These don't work, you won't be able to run 'Illegal' trademarks.

BH + Trademarked
STABmons + Trademarked
If I could give you an award, I would...

Oh - wait!

I, think I can!
0C0B22E7-C734-49B3-A38B-C16405CD7E20.jpeg

Can we have someone implement the awesome coding of drampa's grandpa on Dragon Heaven server so we can actively play it?

10/10 Holy Stars for you - if... you can!

Now that the Mix and Mega LC ladder has come to an end. We can now see its usage stat (1630) and their moveset.

I'm going to give some of my thoughts on some notable Pokemon throughout this April.

Banettite was common on Honedge but i can see why. Prankster Destiny Bond is somewhat a great utility in this offensive meta, considering mostly everyone just wants to score some KOes and straight up attacking on what's in front of it. Its high Attack stats and access to Shadow Sneak and Swords Dance with its high Attack stats mean it can hurt a lot.

Aerilate Boosted Return and Quick Attack were enough to be used as a Primary STAB and it synergizes well with Earthquake. This made Archen somewhat being freely able to choose what it wants on 4th Slot in Stealth Rock, U-turn, Defog and the most common one being Stone Edge, which helps it against opposing Archen.

Type: Ground / Fire
Stats: 80 HP / 115 Atk / 105 Def / 80 SpA / 30 SpD / 25 Spe

Honestly, I don't really see a single Rhyhorn during the early stage of MnM LC. But after a certain Youtuber made a video with a Red Orb Rhyhorn on his team, everyone have just begun using this variants. While it is painfully slow, it has access to Rock Polish and along with some Speed investments, it is able to reach a respectable Speed Tier. Its good physical bulk make it somewhat gave it some set-up opportunities. Ground / Fire were a great STAB combination while still having a good coverage moves to hit some of those that can resist both of its STAB. This made me think that Rhyhorn is a legitimate threat. Although, its low Special Defense stat makes it vulnerable to the strong special attackers.

Tangela is seen as the most durable attacker. Its insane Defense stat alongside Eviolite, Synthesis and Regenerator makes it very hard to kill on the physical side using unboosted hit, even Archen's Aerilate Return fails to OHKO it at full health. This makes it a great check to most physical attackers. The less usage of Knock Off has greatly help Tangela in checking a lot of threats, but it is best to avoid getting hit by it as Tangela is reliant on Eviolite for its effectiveness. Sludge Bomb was being used a lot mainly as a tool to hit Alt Dratini hard as well as opposing Tangela. Giga Drain is also a reliable STAB that can also give it some recovery and deals respectable damage thanks to its High 100 Special Attack Stats.It also has decent coverage moves that make it not overly passive. Sleep Powder is also used a lot because its ability to disrupt most mons, which is somewhat detrimental to most offensive team.

Cameruptite was used a lot on Porygon. I've even encountered some at 1400 who used this effectively. Download is a very good Ability pre-mega, which only Porygon have access to it and since most remaining EVs are dumped on Defense stat and some mon have equal Def/SpD stat, Porygon gets a +1 Special Attack boost more frequently. Its access to Trick Room means it is both a good setter and abuser. It also has a lot of moves that can benefit from Sheer Force: Its STAB Tri Attack and a good coverage in Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam. Outside of this, it still has its signature Z-Conversion set that make it more dangerous.

Eviolite is commonly used on Gligar as it can gives its teammates both an offensive and defensive utility. It also versatile, ranging from Defensive set to a Sweeping set. It can be a good addition to most team. Despite Toxic being a subpar move, Immunity is commonly used on Gligar to also avoid being Poisoned by Sludge Bomb.

Leech Seed 56.422%
Somehow i felt so bad when i saw this... its mainly because it only heals 2-3 HP, which is not enough heal when Ferro takes like 7-10 Damage from even a resisted hits.

Foul Play 74.731%
Honestly, I don't recall Vullaby commonly running this move in like any LC-related metas.

Taunt 20.179%
Toxic 17.540%

I don't know how to say this but...Both Vullaby and Mandibuzz played a different role... Vullaby doesn't/shouldn't almost always run a same set as Mandibuzz.

Eviolite is common on Scyther as it is one of fast and strong attackers that have a good bulk. Technician is almost always used for a good reason: it boost most of Scyther's attacking moves, commonly a strong STAB in Tech boosted Aerial Ace. It is also a good offensive pivot too thanks to STAB U-turn. While it is overall a great mon, its 4x weakness to Stealth Rock means it needs a hazard removal or hazard deterrent.

Anyways, this new mashups for May seems interesting.

When I was looking at the Stab N Mega tour code, I noticed something interesting. Landot, despite being unable to mega evolve now, is still able to use dragon ascent to do so, while the other Pokemon with the means to do so were banned from doing this. Is this intentional, or just an oversight?

When I was looking at the Stab N Mega tour code, I noticed something interesting. Landot, despite being unable to mega evolve now, is still able to use dragon ascent to do so, while the other Pokemon with the means to do so were banned from doing this. Is this intentional, or just an oversight?
I think it is an oversight. We don't immediately updated the tour code for the current bans. Although sometimes, I added those to the banlist when I'm making the tour ( This includes -Silvally + Dragon Ascent too.)

Anyways, regarding the complex banlist from STABmons Uber, i also find out some missing complex ban too.

Here are the complex banlist missing aside from Tyranitar + Thousand Arrows:
-Decidueye + Chatter
-Scizor + Chatter
-Fletchinder + Acupressure
-Fletchinder + Belly Drum
-Fletchinder + Lovely Kiss
-Fletchinder + Shell Smash
-Talonflame + Acupressure
-Talonflame + Belly Drum
-Talonflame + Lovely Kiss
-Talonflame + Shell Smash
-Gallade + Geomancy
-Altaria + Acupressure
-Altaria + Belly Drum
-Altaria + Lovely Kiss
-Altaria + Shell Smash
-Marill + Acupressure
-Marill + Lovely Kiss
-Marill + Shell Smash
-Azumarill + Acupressure
-Azumarill + Lovely Kiss
-Azumarill + Shell Smash
Also, this is for other STABmon Mashup with Extreme Speed being banned that's also missing too.
-Fletchinder - Extreme Speed
-Talonflame - Extreme Speed
-Altaria - Extreme Speed
-Marill - Extreme Speed
-Azumarill - Extreme Speed

I think "-Steelix + Diamond Storm" is missing in STABmon Doubles too.

I also noticed that Rotom has specific formes + moves from the complex banlist:
-Rotom-Fan + Chatter
-Rotom-Mow + Spore

I believe it will affect a one certain forme from using this move, instead of just all of its formes. So i think "-Rotom + Moves" should be enough to affect all of its formes, same goes to Silvally formes.

Glad I was able to help, but let me know if there's still a problem from the tour code.
Speaking of which, i like to post a slightly problematic mon I found in LC STABmons

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 236 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Another threatening sweeper, Dark/Flying STAB combo are both resisted by only one mon: Pawniard, which gets melted by a boosted Heat Wave.
Due to Weak Armor, Vullaby is very hard to revenge kill because at +2, it is able to outspeed nearly everything even most Scarfer and despite the Defense Drop, Vullaby is still quite tanky that priority moves does like nothing:

180 Atk Archen Accelerock vs. -2 116 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Iron Fist Pancham Mach Punch vs. -2 116 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vullaby: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Not to mention, she can regain her health back because of Oblivion Wing. Aside from this, she can still viably run physical set consisting of Brave Bird / Dragon Ascent and Knock Off to lure special walls like Munchlax.

But fortunately, 3 hits of Rock Blast coming from 15 Atk Rock-Type has enough damage to OHKO her as Weak Armor activates in each multi-hits.

Also, this is a one set from Mix and Mega Tier Shift.

Stats : 35 HP / 140 Atk / 90 Def / 90 SpA / 110 SpD / 160 Spe
Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Memento
- Substitute

Fair and Balance, but it think it is true, maybe I'm just overrating this...
Also, Memento is used to give your sweeper some set-up opportunities.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The following teams will be added to the Ranshop for May 2019:
Pure Hackmons:

Sleeptalkin Guards Balance [R]

Mix and Mega + Anything Goes:

"Mega" Ray & Ekiller Spam HO [R]

Almost Any Ability Ubers:

Dual Adapt Offense [R]

Camomons + Almost Any Ability:

Muscle Power Offense [R]

STABmons Ubers:

Drachicken Offense [R]

Almost Any Ability + STABmons:

Very Feminine HO [R]

STABmons + Mix and Mega:

Bats and Vultures Offense [R]

Balanced Hackmons Doubles:

Queen of Corruption Balance [R]

Almost Any Ability Doubles:

Analyzed Squad Offense [R]

Mix and Mega Doubles:

Slow Destruction v2 Offense [R]

STABmons Doubles:

Psysurge Offense [R]

Diamond Storm Offense [R]

Balanced Hackmons Little Cup:

-atespam Offense [R]

Almost Any Ability Little Cup:

Vullaby Webs Offense [R]

STABmons Little Cup:

Voltturn + Owing Offense [R]

Mix and Mega Little Cup:

Zigzagoon Webs Offense [R]

Mashup Spotlight voting for May-June 2019 is up for the next three days! In order to vote, just join the OM Mashups discord and read the rules of our voting channel! The winning metagame will be our next mashup spotlight!

Since im involved in OM's a bit, a friend linked me to this thread ^^

Now, I decided to look at MnM based Mashups.... and STABmons caught my eye. Looking at the rather boring sample (though I cant deny it works), I just felt like I wanted something that really abused the STABmons metagame. The things that I wanted to address is:

- What pokes GAIN from STABmons
- What pokes GAIN from MnM

In short, what the mashup does to some pokes.

Here is a short summary ^^

MnM -> Stabmons

WINNERS (only doing mons viable in MnM)

TERRAKION - +Diamond Storm
MAGEARNA? - +Sunsteel Strike
ENTEI - Vcreate
GENESECT - +Quiver Dance, +Tail Glow, +Sunsteel Strike
CELESTEELA - +Roost (HUGE CHANGE)
KELDEO - +Steam Eruption (:O), +A new Fighting STAB

Now, time to pick apart the ranshop. B4 I start, maybe add a link from the main page to the post to make it easier for people to find ^^

Issues with Samples
1. It loses straight up to terrakion :/

252 Atk Diancite Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 141-166 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Pdon is not taking that many hits. And that is assuming the terrakion is diancite. if it is lucarionite.... another issue arises.

252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 170-200 (42.1 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Diancite is a bigger threat then lucarionite terrakion, as it just needs to land 1 CC on Pdon b4 it sweeps the entire team by coming in on mandibuzz and clicking SD.

2. Blue Orb Weaknesses

Blue orb comes in on Pdon and cleanly sweeps the whole team. Pogre in particular is threatening, as Greninja Blue Orb and other Blue Special attackers.

3. SR

Despite the "dual defog", your defoggers are gonna have quite a hard time defogging in this meta. Hooh is hardly ever clicking defog, and mandibuzz is seriously threatened by one of the metas biggest defoggers... Terrakion..

GONNA FINISH THIS LATER

YOU ARE DOING A HEAT JOB RANSEI, KEEP IT UP ^^

Last edited:
252 Atk Diancite Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 141-166 (34.9 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Pdon is not taking that many hits. And that is assuming the terrakion is diancite. if it is lucarionite.... another issue arises.

252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 170-200 (42.1 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Did you forget to post the calcs with rocks up or did you forget Shore Up? Also, note how they say Groudon instead of Groudon-Primal. If Groudon switches in before it's reverted and still resistant to rocks, we get:
252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon-Primal: 160-190 (39.6 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: Just double checked your second calc after checking what it does to normal Groudon and it's actually over 50% max, I don't think you set Terrakion's attack high enough for that one.
252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
Lucarionite is +35 and Terrakion hits 164, not +25/154.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)