OM Mashup Megathread

Windingsss

shine like jewelry
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Today I've been playing a few games of mnm lc and experimenting with some sets, and I discovered this one:

Larvesta @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

This set is very interesting, because it gives larvesta 30 more attack points, leaving it at 115, and 50 more points in special attack (If someone wants to use it like that, because physical is better lol) and 20 more points in defense, leaving their stats at 55/115/75/100/55/60. In addition, the Red Orb grants Larvesta Desolate Land, which enhances his fire-type movements.

Now his moveset, Flare Blitz is his attack by the most powerful STAB, Leech life serves to keep Larvesta healthy and keep attacking, Wild Charge is to attack flying opponents and Morning Sun to keep Larvesta stable, because his movements leave recoil. Other useful attacks can be U-Turn, giving momentum to team or Overheat, if you want to give a powerful attack on the other side without losing anything.

The special variant can be used with attacks like Overheat, Fire Blast, some Hp, Giga drain, among others.

What do you guys say about this set?

Posting a little bit.

After a little bit of testing, Sun team is still seems threatening despite Blue Orb Ferroseed and Priority (particular Aerilate) being common, and to a lesser extent, Webs. Bellsprout is happy to have Vulpix allowed because back when Vulpix was allowed in regular LC, Bellsprout was near unstoppable under the sun. Although we have new tools to deal with them, Bellsprout founds another Sun setter in Tangela(i'm convinced this will be joined too) and the stone Charizardite Y.

So, what do you guys think of Sun Team? Also, I'm having some success with this Acrogar set.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've been playing the metagame a bit so far and I'd like to address my opinions on certain Pokemon. It hasn't been very long since these metagames were put out as ladder so as usual, take these with a grain of salt. A lot of this is merely hypothesizing and showcasing from experience so this isn't really a professional post. No calcs will be included either.

One of the first things I've noticed when playing was the versatility of Elekid. So far I've seen Elekid able to run Diancite, Altarianite, and Pinsirite. These sets outspeed and KO the majority of the metagame with STAB (Frustration/Thunder Punch/Thunderbolt) or a good range of coverage (Cross Chop/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Psychic. Just Altarianite alone scares away notable Pokemon like Archen (without Diancite), Scyther, or with Cross Chop, Pawniard. Elekid by itself is in a three-way tie for having the second highest speed of anyone who could mega evolve, granting it the natural ability to outspeed nearly the entire meta and its coverage moves don't come with any notable resist in this metagame (correct me if I'm wrong). Its 63/65 base offenses are mediocre for sure but when given a mega it obtains offense boosts high enough to penetrate the lower defenses coming from some of this metagame's most notable Pokemon, including Archen, Mienfoo, Gastly, Pawniard, and Buneary. With Cross Chop it can also OHKO Ferroseed, one of the few bulkier Pokemon finding its way into this metagame. Despite having been playing this metagame much within these five days, I personally feel Elekid has the potential to become A+ rank due to its speed, the high mixed offense stats it gains from its megastones, and the great versatility it holds, possibly helping it become more useful than the Pokemon currently at A rank on both VRs.

Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegalc-887929987, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegalc-887935548

Another Pokemon I'd like to point out is Tirtouga, who with Aggronite becomes Water/Steel and holds a base defense of 153.
To put it bluntly, any physical Pokemon that doesn't run high power Fighting STAB or Lucarionite with Sucker Punch is one Tirtouga is able to wall. With base 153 Defense, Steel-type, Water/Steel STAB (prior to mega) and Filter, it's able to set up in front of a surprisingly large portion of MnM LC. Take for example, Dratini, Archen, Carvanha, Scyther, Ponyta, Doduo, Honedge, and Gligar under most of their respective metastones. Pretty much anything it can take a hit from. After a Shell Smash with max speed, becomes faster than the entire unboosted portion of the metagame without a megastone and is still faster than most Pokemon would be after Mega Evolving. Also pointing out that in an offense-oriented metagame like MnM LC the attack boosts Tirtouga gains from Aggronite along with the boosts it gains from Shell Smash allow this Pokemon to potentially be a successful sweeper. This is an undervalued Pokemon and I encourage more people to try it out.

Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegalc-887948470, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegalc-888017584

Stealth Rock + Rapid Spin users aren't as good as I'd hope. They often just get OHKOed before being able to move.

Dratini's case has been explained above numerous times. Extreme Speed is what makes it great, otherwise it's sorta bad. Because Extreme Speed is the only thing that makes it good, it could be taken advantage of by the use of Aggronite, Red Orb, or natural Steel-type Pokemon. Spritzee, Tirtouga and Ferroseed are stunning examples.

LC Ubers overall are great but I don't see any of them notably worth looking into a suspect for. Scyther indeed has incredibly high BST, great speed, great attack, recovery, and setup, but it also has a x4 weakness to Stealth Rock, lacking coverage and mediocre STAB. Sneasel is beat out by Altarianite, Fighting-types, Fairy-types, Steel-types, and even more rocks, (again with the poor typing in this metagame) Aipom is competing with Buneary over its spot of viability, and Gligar suffers from a few hard hitters.

Haven't seen Archen or Pawniard used as much as I'd like. Pawniard should be nearly as good as always if not. Archen has immense versatility with its range of megastones but I have yet to find it doing anything too significant. I've been finding it as seemingly easy to revenge kill and not too much better than everything else despite its popularity. Its versatility seems to be what holds it off so high but maybe it's a bit overhyped.

I may cover more stuff later on as time passes and I gain more experience/skill in this mashup. For now, here's one of the teams I've been using so far. It's not perfect, but was inspired by previous games and previous teams. I may perhaps even bring up more individual Pokemon I've been noticing take action, like Surskit or to some extent, even Spritzee.

Elekid @ Pinsirite
Ability: Static
Level: 5
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Chop
- Frustration
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Surskit @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 180 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Haze
- Substitute
- Scald

Lemonade (Dratini) @ Altarianite
Ability: Shed Skin
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 32 HP / 244 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Frustration
- Facade

Gastly @ Diancite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Archen's Cousin (Tirtouga) @ Aggronite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Iron Tail

Aipom @ Lopunnite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort

Take a few sets from Spritzee as well. I've enjoyed using it.
all breakers go (Spritzee) @ Aggronite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 52 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Spritzee @ Red Orb
Ability: Healer
EVs: 16 SpA / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

That is all.

Did somebody say C R O S S C H O P ?

Elekid @ Lopunnite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Chop
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

This lil guy right here helped me reach #2 on the ladder. Electric/Fighting might not be as good of a defensive typing as El/Flying-Fairy in a meta with Altarianite priority, and being left at the mercy of Fighting Edge is always a nerve-wracking experience, but when this thing gets in it just absolutely wrecks house against the large assortment of mons that struggle to handle its combination of speed and unique + powerful STAB. Seriously, go look at Funbot’s mini-VR a page back and take a moment to admire the sheer number of threats this can break through with its first two moves alone.

Ice Punch does a great job of covering the few holes that Chop and Charge leave, sporting a 56% chance to OHKO 21 HP Altarianite Dratini on the switch while also allowing Elekid to smack Gligar and the occasional Grass/Poison, such as Foongus. With the first three moveslots covering all of its coverage needs, #4 is highly flexible, but my personal choice is Substitute, which capitalizes on forced switches and makes prediction a lot easier. Other choices include, but are not limited to: Brick Break, a weaker but fully accurate alternative to Cross Chop; Power-Up Punch, which gives Elekid a way to boost its attack and can still do Brick Break’s job against significantly weakened opponents; Facade, which can help with the occasional burn and pairs well with Scrappy; Thunder Punch, which avoids recoil when the extra power is unnecessary; Focus Punch, which punishes forced switches much more directly, and lastly Quick Attack, which gives Elekid a way to chip at opposing boosters and the few ‘mons that outspeed it.

All in all, Fighting Elekid is a force if you pair it with adequate answers to Fairy threats: add Lopunnite to the list of stones this kid can viably run.

Last edited:
Alright, I have updated the MnM LC Speed Tier to include some mon, and for easier way, i'm just gonna repost it here

Once again : Speed(including Choice Scarf) / Stone / EVs
Yanma ( +1 / Diancite / 236 )

Aipom ( +2 / Heracronite / 236+ )
Gligar ( +2 / -- / 236 )

Cutiefly ( +1 / Manectite / 244+ )

Carvanha ( +1 / Metagrossite / 236 )
Cutiefly ( +1 / Manectite / 84+ )
Dwebble ( +2 / -- / 236 or +2 / Heracronite /236+ )

Bellsprout ( +2 / -- / 196+ )*Chlorophyll
Cutiefly ( +1 / -- / 244+ or +1 / Manectite / 84 )
Drifloon ( +2 / -- / 36 )*Unburden
Dwebble ( +2 / Heracronite / 236 )
Klink ( +2 / Pinsirite / 196 )
Ponyta ( +1 / Red Orb or Altarianite / 236+ )
Swirlix ( +2 / -- / 204 )*Unburden
Tangela ( +2 / -- / 116 )*Chlorophyll

Carvanha ( +1 / Lucarionite / 220 or +1 / Pinsirite / 236 )
Diglett ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )
Salandit ( +1 / Red Orb or Latiasite or Latiosite / 220+ )
Yanma ( +1 / Cameruptite / 236+ )

Abra ( Diancite: 196+)
Bellsprout ( +2 / -- / 196+ )*Chlorophyll
Klink ( +2 / Altarianite / 196+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )

Elekid ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Gastly ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )
Salandit ( -- / Diancite / 220+ )
Snivy ( +1 / -- / 252+ )
Surskit ( +1 / -- / 236+ )
Yanma ( -- / Diancite / 236 or +1 / Cameruptite / 236 )

Archen ( -- / Diancite / 196+ )
Klink ( +2 / Altarianite / 196 )
Meditite ( +1 / -- / 196+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Metagrossite / 196+ )
Staryu ( -- / Absolite / 236+ )
Tirtouga ( +2 / -- / 180+)
Zorua ( -- / Diancite / 236+ )

Buneary ( -- / Lopunnite / 236+ )
Doduo ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Magby ( -- / Lopunnite / 252+ )
Sneasel ( -- / -- / 236+ )

Mienfoo ( -- / Metagrossite / 236+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Pinsirite / 196+ )
Rhyhorn ( +2 / Red Orb / 156 )
Scyther ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Taillow ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Tirtouga ( +2 / -- / 180 )

Gothita ( +1 / -- / 236 )
Porygon ( +1 / -- / 196+ )

Aipom ( -- / Scizorite / 236+ )
Carvanha ( -- / Metagrossite / 236 )
Diglett ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Doduo ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Elekid ( -- / Red Orb / 236+ )
Gastly ( -- / Lucarionite / 180+ )
Pawniard ( -- / Metagrossite / 196+ )

Abra ( -- / -- / 196+ )
Aipom ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Archen ( -- / Pinsirite / 196+ )
Gligar ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Mienfoo ( -- / Pinsirite / 236+ )
Misdreavus ( -- / -- / 236+ )
Murkrow ( -- / -- / 188+ )
Ponyta ( -- / Red Orb or Altarianite / 196+ )
Taillow ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Wingull ( -- / Blue Orb / 236+ )
Zigzagoon ( -- / Lopunnite / 196+ )

Pawniard ( -- / Lucarionite / 196+ )
Salandit ( -- / Red Orb or Latiasite or Latiosite / 220+ )
Vullaby ( -- / Lucarionite / 180+ )
Zigzagoon ( -- / Lopunnite / 196 )

Anorith ( -- / Heracronite / 236+ )
Mienfoo ( -- / Altarianite / 236+ )
Onix ( -- / Gyaradosite / 196+ )
Surskit ( -- / Gyaradosite / 236+ )
Vulpix ( -- / -- / 236+ )

Carvanha ( -- / Blue Orb / 236 )
Pawniard ( -- / Latiasite / Latiosite / 196+ )

Dwebble ( -- / Heracronite / 236+)

Dwebble ( -- / Heracronite / 236)
Swirlix ( -- / -- / 204 )

Mudbray ( -- / Aggronite / 76 )

Last edited:
If Godly Gift got a lower tier variant, would it use the Pokemon from the BL as gods, or the tier immediately above? Like, would Godly Gift RU use RUBL Pokemon as gods, or UU Pokemon? Or would it just keep using Uber mons?

If Godly Gift got a lower tier variant, would it use the Pokemon from the BL as gods, or the tier immediately above? Like, would Godly Gift RU use RUBL Pokemon as gods, or UU Pokemon? Or would it just keep using Uber mons?
I haven't test this one yet but. In theory, no , it would still keep using Ubers, with only OU, UUBL and UU banned if trying to used Godly Gift RU. It may be possible but BL must be always put in the first slot:
What if I don't have an Uber on my team?
The Pokemon in the first slot acts as the God Pokemon. Although this strategy isn't necessarily the most effective option, it can most certainly work to some extent thanks to Pokemon with incredibly high stats

Source from Godly Gift thread
This is because BL will abused some stats from the low tier. Though, i might gonna try test this if i have the time.

I forgot to check what was possible to implement with tier-restricted GG mashups, so thank-you. In principle I would say this is a decision on the tour creator's part, and either combining or separating BL groups could be legitimate mashups (as seen in cult mashups such as Stab n Mega NUBL), or there could even be, say, GG ZU but still with Ubers gods (#PrayForBeautifly). However, it seems like allowing the god of a GG RU to be from either UU or RUBL (because RUBL mons are also legal in UU) might be the most intuitive restriction considering how Smogon tiering works.

But it this kind of restriction possible to set using tour codes? Perhaps surprisingly, yes. GG uses the rule "-Uber > 1" to prevent players from including more than one Uber on their teams without banning them outright. We can replace 'Uber' with another tier to reduce the tier, and use complex bans to limit the god to a pool of multiple tiers including the BL, like this:-

Code:
/tour new gen7godlygift, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules -UU ++ RUBL > 1, -Aurora Veil, -OU, -UUBL, -Drizzle, -Kommonium Z, -Mewnium Z, -Uber, -Arena Trap, -Power Construct
/tour name [Gen 7] Godly Gift RU

This will allow 1 of say, Mega Sharpedo (UU) or Kyurem (RUBL) onto the team as a god, but not both simultaneously. Still, due to what Roldski32 pointed out, the god will not be able to contribute its HP stat in lower-tier mashups: it if it is not an Uber, it can't be automatically identified as a god, and must be placed in the first slot to function as such. This might remove the viability of defensive gods in lower tiers.

Maybe there are some other uses for this rule pattern, like creating a bad bootleg version of Gods and Followers using -Uber>1 and Monotype rule...

Edit: Using this method, placing the UU/RUBL mon outside the first slot and treating it as a receiver might be beneficial in some cases and considered an exploit since it runs counter to vanilla GG behaviour... disallowing this would have to be done though manual moderation, though.

Also...

Code:
/tour new gen7godlygift, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules -UU ++ RUBL > 1, -Aurora Veil, -OU, -UUBL, -Kommonium Z, -Mewnium Z, -Uber, -Arena Trap, -Power Construct, -Archeops, -Marowak, -Regigigas, -Shedinja, -Slaking, -Keldeo, -Terrakion, -Thundurus-Therian, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Simple, -Speed Boost, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, Ignore Illegal Abilities, Ability Clause, STABmons Move Legality, -Aipom + Acupressure, -Ambipom + Acupressure, -Audino + Acupressure, -Azurill + Acupressure, -Bewear + Acupressure, -Bibarel + Acupressure, -Bidoof + Acupressure, -Blissey + Acupressure, -Bouffalant + Acupressure, -Braviary + Acupressure, -Buneary + Acupressure, -Bunnelby + Acupressure, -Castform + Acupressure, -Chansey + Acupressure, -Chatot + Acupressure, -Cinccino + Acupressure, -Deerling + Acupressure, -Delcatty + Acupressure, -Diggersby + Acupressure, -Ditto + Acupressure, -Drampa + Acupressure, -Dunsparce + Acupressure, -Eevee + Acupressure, -Exploud + Acupressure, -Farfetch'd + Acupressure, -Fearow + Acupressure, -Fletchling + Acupressure, -Furfrou + Acupressure, -Furret + Acupressure, -Girafarig + Acupressure, -Glameow + Acupressure, -Gumshoos + Acupressure, -Happiny + Acupressure, -Heliolisk + Acupressure, -Helioptile + Acupressure, -Herdier + Acupressure, -Hoothoot + Acupressure, -Igglybuff + Acupressure, -Jigglypuff + Acupressure, -Kangaskhan + Acupressure, -Kecleon + Acupressure, -Lickilicky + Acupressure, -Lickitung + Acupressure, -Lillipup + Acupressure, -Linoone + Acupressure, -Litleo + Acupressure, -Lopunny + Acupressure, -Loudred + Acupressure, -Meloetta + Acupressure, -Meowth + Acupressure, -Miltank + Acupressure, -Minccino + Acupressure, -Munchlax + Acupressure, -Noctowl + Acupressure, -Oranguru + Acupressure, -Patrat + Acupressure, -Persian + Acupressure, -Pidgeot + Acupressure, -Pidgeotto + Acupressure, -Pidgey + Acupressure, -Pidove + Acupressure, -Pikipek + Acupressure, -Porygon + Acupressure, -Porygon-Z + Acupressure, -Porygon2 + Acupressure, -Purugly + Acupressure, -Pyroar + Acupressure, -Raticate + Acupressure, -Rattata + Acupressure, -Regigigas + Acupressure, -Rufflet + Acupressure, -Sawsbuck + Acupressure, -Sentret + Acupressure, -Silvally + Acupressure, -Skitty + Acupressure, -Slaking + Acupressure, -Slakoth + Acupressure, -Snorlax + Acupressure, -Spearow + Acupressure, -Spinda + Acupressure, -Stantler + Acupressure, -Staraptor + Acupressure, -Staravia + Acupressure, -Starly + Acupressure, -Stoutland + Acupressure, -Stufful + Acupressure, -Swablu + Acupressure, -Swellow + Acupressure, -Taillow + Acupressure, -Tauros + Acupressure, -Teddiursa + Acupressure, -Toucannon + Acupressure, -Tranquill + Acupressure, -Trumbeak + Acupressure, -Type: Null + Acupressure, -Unfezant + Acupressure, -Ursaring + Acupressure, -Vigoroth + Acupressure, -Watchog + Acupressure, -Whismur + Acupressure, -Wigglytuff + Acupressure, -Yungoos + Acupressure, -Zangoose + Acupressure, -Zigzagoon + Acupressure,-Aipom + Belly Drum, -Ambipom + Belly Drum, -Audino + Belly Drum, -Azurill + Belly Drum, -Bewear + Belly Drum, -Bibarel + Belly Drum, -Bidoof + Belly Drum, -Blissey + Belly Drum, -Bouffalant + Belly Drum, -Braviary + Belly Drum, -Buneary + Belly Drum, -Bunnelby + Belly Drum, -Castform + Belly Drum, -Chansey + Belly Drum, -Chatot + Belly Drum, -Cinccino + Belly Drum, -Deerling + Belly Drum, -Delcatty + Belly Drum, -Diggersby + Belly Drum, -Ditto + Belly Drum, -Dodrio + Belly Drum, -Doduo + Belly Drum, -Drampa + Belly Drum, -Dunsparce + Belly Drum, -Eevee + Belly Drum, -Exploud + Belly Drum, -Farfetch'd + Belly Drum, -Fearow + Belly Drum, -Fletchling + Belly Drum, -Furfrou + Belly Drum, -Furret + Belly Drum, -Girafarig + Belly Drum, -Glameow + Belly Drum, -Gumshoos + Belly Drum, -Happiny + Belly Drum, -Heliolisk + Belly Drum, -Helioptile + Belly Drum, -Herdier + Belly Drum, -Hoothoot + Belly Drum, -Igglybuff + Belly Drum, -Jigglypuff + Belly Drum, -Kangaskhan + Belly Drum, -Kecleon + Belly Drum, -Lillipup + Belly Drum, -Litleo + Belly Drum, -Lopunny + Belly Drum, -Loudred + Belly Drum, -Meloetta + Belly Drum, -Meowth + Belly Drum, -Miltank + Belly Drum, -Minccino + Belly Drum, -Noctowl + Belly Drum, -Oranguru + Belly Drum, -Patrat + Belly Drum, -Persian + Belly Drum, -Pidgeot + Belly Drum, -Pidgeotto + Belly Drum, -Pidgey + Belly Drum, -Pidove + Belly Drum, -Pikipek + Belly Drum, -Porygon + Belly Drum, -Porygon-Z + Belly Drum, -Porygon2 + Belly Drum, -Purugly + Belly Drum, -Pyroar + Belly Drum, -Raticate + Belly Drum, -Rattata + Belly Drum, -Regigigas + Belly Drum, -Rufflet + Belly Drum, -Sawsbuck + Belly Drum, -Sentret + Belly Drum, -Silvally + Belly Drum, -Skitty + Belly Drum, -Slaking + Belly Drum, -Slakoth + Belly Drum, -Spearow + Belly Drum, -Spinda + Belly Drum, -Stantler + Belly Drum, -Staraptor + Belly Drum, -Staravia + Belly Drum, -Starly + Belly Drum, -Stoutland + Belly Drum, -Stufful + Belly Drum, -Swablu + Belly Drum, -Swellow + Belly Drum, -Taillow + Belly Drum, -Tauros + Belly Drum, -Toucannon + Belly Drum, -Tranquill + Belly Drum, -Trumbeak + Belly Drum, -Type: Null + Belly Drum, -Unfezant + Belly Drum, -Vigoroth + Belly Drum, -Watchog + Belly Drum, -Whismur + Belly Drum, -Wigglytuff + Belly Drum, -Yungoos + Belly Drum, -Aerodactyl + Chatter, -Altaria + Chatter, -Archen + Chatter, -Archeops + Chatter, -Articuno + Chatter, -Beautifly + Chatter, -Braviary + Chatter, -Butterfree + Chatter, -Celesteela + Chatter, -Charizard + Chatter, -Combee + Chatter, -Crobat + Chatter, -Dartrix + Chatter, -Delibird + Chatter, -Dodrio + Chatter, -Doduo + Chatter, -Dragonite + Chatter, -Drifblim + Chatter, -Drifloon + Chatter, -Ducklett + Chatter, -Emolga + Chatter, -Farfetch'd + Chatter, -Fearow + Chatter, -Fletchinder + Chatter, -Fletchling + Chatter, -Gligar + Chatter, -Gliscor + Chatter, -Golbat + Chatter, -Gyarados + Chatter, -Hawlucha + Chatter, -Ho-Oh + Chatter, -Honchkrow + Chatter, -Hoothoot + Chatter, -Hoppip + Chatter, -Jumpluff + Chatter, -Landorus + Chatter, -Ledian + Chatter, -Ledyba + Chatter, -Lugia + Chatter, -Mandibuzz + Chatter, -Mantine + Chatter, -Mantyke + Chatter, -Masquerain + Chatter, -Minior + Chatter, -Moltres + Chatter, -Mothim + Chatter, -Murkrow + Chatter, -Natu + Chatter, -Ninjask + Chatter, -Noctowl + Chatter, -Noibat + Chatter, -Noivern + Chatter, -Oricorio + Chatter, -Pelipper + Chatter, -Pidgeot + Chatter, -Pidgeotto + Chatter, -Pidgey + Chatter, -Pidove + Chatter, -Pikipek + Chatter, -Pinsir-Mega + Chatter, -Rayquaza + Chatter, -Rotom-Fan + Chatter, -Rowlet + Chatter, -Rufflet + Chatter, -Salamence + Chatter, -Scyther + Chatter, -Shaymin-Sky + Chatter, -Sigilyph + Chatter, -Silvally-Flying + Chatter, -Skarmory + Chatter, -Skiploom + Chatter, -Spearow + Chatter, -Staraptor + Chatter, -Staravia + Chatter, -Starly + Chatter, -Swablu + Chatter, -Swanna + Chatter, -Swellow + Chatter, -Swoobat + Chatter, -Taillow + Chatter, -Talonflame + Chatter, -Thundurus + Chatter, -Togekiss + Chatter, -Togetic + Chatter, -Tornadus + Chatter, -Toucannon + Chatter, -Tranquill + Chatter, -Tropius + Chatter, -Trumbeak + Chatter, -Unfezant + Chatter, -Vespiquen + Chatter, -Vivillon + Chatter, -Vullaby + Chatter, -Wingull + Chatter, -Woobat + Chatter, -Xatu + Chatter, -Yanma + Chatter, -Yanmega + Chatter, -Yveltal + Chatter, -Zapdos + Chatter, -Zubat + Chatter, -Altaria-Mega + Geomancy, -Aromatisse + Geomancy, -Audino-Mega + Geomancy, -Azumarill + Geomancy, -Azurill + Geomancy, -Carbink + Geomancy, -Clefable + Geomancy, -Clefairy + Geomancy, -Cleffa + Geomancy, -Comfey + Geomancy, -Cottonee + Geomancy, -Cutiefly + Geomancy, -Dedenne + Geomancy, -Diancie + Geomancy, -Flabébé + Geomancy, -Floette + Geomancy, -Florges + Geomancy, -Gardevoir + Geomancy, -Granbull + Geomancy, -Igglybuff + Geomancy, -Jigglypuff + Geomancy, -Kirlia + Geomancy, -Klefki + Geomancy, -Magearna + Geomancy, -Marill + Geomancy, -Mawile + Geomancy, -Mime Jr. + Geomancy, -Mimikyu + Geomancy, -Morelull + Geomancy, -Mr. Mime + Geomancy, -Ninetales-Alola + Geomancy, -Primarina + Geomancy, -Ralts + Geomancy, -Ribombee + Geomancy, -Shiinotic + Geomancy, -Silvally-Fairy + Geomancy, -Slurpuff + Geomancy, -Snubbull + Geomancy, -Spritzee + Geomancy, -Swirlix + Geomancy, -Sylveon + Geomancy, -Tapu Bulu + Geomancy, -Tapu Fini + Geomancy, -Tapu Koko + Geomancy, -Tapu Lele + Geomancy, -Togekiss + Geomancy, -Togepi + Geomancy, -Togetic + Geomancy, -Whimsicott + Geomancy, -Wigglytuff + Geomancy, -Aipom + Lovely Kiss, -Ambipom + Lovely Kiss, -Audino + Lovely Kiss, -Azurill + Lovely Kiss, -Bewear + Lovely Kiss, -Bibarel + Lovely Kiss, -Bidoof + Lovely Kiss, -Blissey + Lovely Kiss, -Bouffalant + Lovely Kiss, -Braviary + Lovely Kiss, -Buneary + Lovely Kiss, -Bunnelby + Lovely Kiss, -Castform + Lovely Kiss, -Chansey + Lovely Kiss, -Chatot + Lovely Kiss, -Cinccino + Lovely Kiss, -Deerling + Lovely Kiss, -Delcatty + Lovely Kiss, -Diggersby + Lovely Kiss, -Ditto + Lovely Kiss, -Dodrio + Lovely Kiss, -Doduo + Lovely Kiss, -Drampa + Lovely Kiss, -Dunsparce + Lovely Kiss, -Eevee + Lovely Kiss, -Exploud + Lovely Kiss, -Farfetch'd + Lovely Kiss, -Fearow + Lovely Kiss, -Fletchling + Lovely Kiss, -Furfrou + Lovely Kiss, -Furret + Lovely Kiss, -Girafarig + Lovely Kiss, -Glameow + Lovely Kiss, -Gumshoos + Lovely Kiss, -Happiny + Lovely Kiss, -Heliolisk + Lovely Kiss, -Helioptile + Lovely Kiss, -Herdier + Lovely Kiss, -Hoothoot + Lovely Kiss, -Igglybuff + Lovely Kiss, -Jigglypuff + Lovely Kiss, -Kangaskhan + Lovely Kiss, -Kecleon + Lovely Kiss, -Lickilicky + Lovely Kiss, -Lickitung + Lovely Kiss, -Lillipup + Lovely Kiss, -Linoone + Lovely Kiss, -Litleo + Lovely Kiss, -Lopunny + Lovely Kiss, -Loudred + Lovely Kiss, -Meloetta + Lovely Kiss, -Meowth + Lovely Kiss, -Miltank + Lovely Kiss, -Minccino + Lovely Kiss, -Munchlax + Lovely Kiss, -Noctowl + Lovely Kiss, -Oranguru + Lovely Kiss, -Patrat + Lovely Kiss, -Persian + Lovely Kiss, -Pidgeot + Lovely Kiss, -Pidgeotto + Lovely Kiss, -Pidgey + Lovely Kiss, -Pidove + Lovely Kiss, -Pikipek + Lovely Kiss, -Porygon + Lovely Kiss, -Porygon-Z + Lovely Kiss, -Porygon2 + Lovely Kiss, -Purugly + Lovely Kiss, -Pyroar + Lovely Kiss, -Raticate + Lovely Kiss, -Rattata + Lovely Kiss, -Regigigas + Lovely Kiss, -Rufflet + Lovely Kiss, -Sawsbuck + Lovely Kiss, -Sentret + Lovely Kiss, -Silvally + Lovely Kiss, -Skitty + Lovely Kiss, -Slaking + Lovely Kiss, -Slakoth + Lovely Kiss, -Snorlax + Lovely Kiss, -Spearow + Lovely Kiss, -Spinda + Lovely Kiss, -Stantler + Lovely Kiss, -Staraptor + Lovely Kiss, -Staravia + Lovely Kiss, -Starly + Lovely Kiss, -Stoutland + Lovely Kiss, -Stufful + Lovely Kiss, -Swablu + Lovely Kiss, -Swellow + Lovely Kiss, -Taillow + Lovely Kiss, -Tauros + Lovely Kiss, -Teddiursa + Lovely Kiss, -Toucannon + Lovely Kiss, -Tranquill + Lovely Kiss, -Trumbeak + Lovely Kiss, -Type: Null + Lovely Kiss, -Unfezant + Lovely Kiss, -Ursaring + Lovely Kiss, -Vigoroth + Lovely Kiss, -Watchog + Lovely Kiss, -Whismur + Lovely Kiss, -Wigglytuff + Lovely Kiss, -Yungoos + Lovely Kiss, -Zangoose + Lovely Kiss, -Zigzagoon + Lovely Kiss, -Aipom + Shell Smash, -Ambipom + Shell Smash, -Audino + Shell Smash, -Azurill + Shell Smash, -Bewear + Shell Smash, -Bibarel + Shell Smash, -Bidoof + Shell Smash, -Blissey + Shell Smash, -Bouffalant + Shell Smash, -Braviary + Shell Smash, -Buneary + Shell Smash, -Bunnelby + Shell Smash, -Castform + Shell Smash, -Chansey + Shell Smash, -Chatot + Shell Smash, -Cinccino + Shell Smash, -Deerling + Shell Smash, -Delcatty + Shell Smash, -Diggersby + Shell Smash, -Ditto + Shell Smash, -Dodrio + Shell Smash, -Doduo + Shell Smash, -Drampa + Shell Smash, -Dunsparce + Shell Smash, -Eevee + Shell Smash, -Exploud + Shell Smash, -Farfetch'd + Shell Smash, -Fearow + Shell Smash, -Fletchling + Shell Smash, -Furfrou + Shell Smash, -Furret + Shell Smash, -Girafarig + Shell Smash, -Glameow + Shell Smash, -Gumshoos + Shell Smash, -Happiny + Shell Smash, -Heliolisk + Shell Smash, -Helioptile + Shell Smash, -Herdier + Shell Smash, -Hoothoot + Shell Smash, -Igglybuff + Shell Smash, -Jigglypuff + Shell Smash, -Kangaskhan + Shell Smash, -Kecleon + Shell Smash, -Lickilicky + Shell Smash, -Lickitung + Shell Smash, -Lillipup + Shell Smash, -Linoone + Shell Smash, -Litleo + Shell Smash, -Lopunny + Shell Smash, -Loudred + Shell Smash, -Meloetta + Shell Smash, -Meowth + Shell Smash, -Miltank + Shell Smash, -Minccino + Shell Smash, -Munchlax + Shell Smash, -Noctowl + Shell Smash, -Oranguru + Shell Smash, -Patrat + Shell Smash, -Persian + Shell Smash, -Pidgeot + Shell Smash, -Pidgeotto + Shell Smash, -Pidgey + Shell Smash, -Pidove + Shell Smash, -Pikipek + Shell Smash, -Porygon + Shell Smash, -Porygon-Z + Shell Smash, -Porygon2 + Shell Smash, -Purugly + Shell Smash, -Pyroar + Shell Smash, -Raticate + Shell Smash, -Rattata + Shell Smash, -Regigigas + Shell Smash, -Rufflet + Shell Smash, -Sawsbuck + Shell Smash, -Sentret + Shell Smash, -Silvally + Shell Smash, -Skitty + Shell Smash, -Slaking + Shell Smash, -Slakoth + Shell Smash, -Snorlax + Shell Smash, -Spearow + Shell Smash, -Spinda + Shell Smash, -Stantler + Shell Smash, -Staraptor + Shell Smash, -Staravia + Shell Smash, -Starly + Shell Smash, -Stoutland + Shell Smash, -Stufful + Shell Smash, -Swablu + Shell Smash, -Swellow + Shell Smash, -Taillow + Shell Smash, -Tauros + Shell Smash, -Teddiursa + Shell Smash, -Toucannon + Shell Smash, -Tranquill + Shell Smash, -Trumbeak + Shell Smash, -Type: Null + Shell Smash, -Unfezant + Shell Smash, -Ursaring + Shell Smash, -Vigoroth + Shell Smash, -Watchog + Shell Smash, -Whismur + Shell Smash, -Wigglytuff + Shell Smash, -Yungoos + Shell Smash, -Zangoose + Shell Smash, -Zigzagoon + Shell Smash, -Aegislash + Shift Gear, -Aggron + Shift Gear, -Aron + Shift Gear, -Bastiodon + Shift Gear, -Beldum + Shift Gear, -Bisharp + Shift Gear, -Bronzong + Shift Gear, -Bronzor + Shift Gear, -Celesteela + Shift Gear, -Cobalion + Shift Gear, -Dialga + Shift Gear, -Diglett-Alola + Shift Gear, -Doublade + Shift Gear, -Dugtrio-Alola + Shift Gear, -Durant + Shift Gear, -Empoleon + Shift Gear, -Escavalier + Shift Gear, -Excadrill + Shift Gear, -Ferroseed + Shift Gear, -Ferrothorn + Shift Gear, -Forretress + Shift Gear, -Heatran + Shift Gear, -Honedge + Shift Gear, -Jirachi + Shift Gear, -Kartana + Shift Gear, -Klefki + Shift Gear, -Lairon + Shift Gear, -Lucario + Shift Gear, -Magnemite + Shift Gear, -Magneton + Shift Gear, -Magnezone + Shift Gear, -Mawile + Shift Gear, -Metagross + Shift Gear, -Metang + Shift Gear, -Necrozma-Dusk-Mane + Shift Gear, -Pawniard + Shift Gear, -Probopass + Shift Gear, -Registeel + Shift Gear, -Sandshrew-Alola + Shift Gear, -Sandslash-Alola + Shift Gear, -Scizor + Shift Gear, -Shieldon + Shift Gear, -Silvally-Steel + Shift Gear, -Skarmory + Shift Gear, -Solgaleo + Shift Gear, -Stakataka + Shift Gear, -Steelix + Shift Gear, -Togedemaru + Shift Gear, -Wormadam-Trash + Shift Gear, -Abomasnow + Spore, -Bayleef + Spore, -Bellossom + Spore, -Bellsprout + Spore, -Bounsweet + Spore, -Budew + Spore, -Bulbasaur + Spore, -Cacnea + Spore, -Cacturne + Spore, -Carnivine + Spore, -Celebi + Spore, -Cherrim + Spore, -Cherubi + Spore, -Chesnaught + Spore, -Chespin + Spore, -Chikorita + Spore, -Cottonee + Spore, -Cradily + Spore, -Dartrix + Spore, -Decidueye + Spore, -Deerling + Spore, -Dhelmise + Spore, -Exeggcute + Spore, -Exeggutor + Spore, -Ferroseed + Spore, -Ferrothorn + Spore, -Fomantis + Spore, -Gloom + Spore, -Gogoat + Spore, -Gourgeist + Spore, -Grotle + Spore, -Grovyle + Spore, -Hoppip + Spore, -Ivysaur + Spore, -Jumpluff + Spore, -Kartana + Spore, -Leafeon + Spore, -Leavanny + Spore, -Lileep + Spore, -Lilligant + Spore, -Lombre + Spore, -Lotad + Spore, -Ludicolo + Spore, -Lurantis + Spore, -Maractus + Spore, -Meganium + Spore, -Nuzleaf + Spore, -Oddish + Spore, -Pansage + Spore, -Petilil + Spore, -Phantump + Spore, -Pumpkaboo + Spore, -Quilladin + Spore, -Roselia + Spore, -Roserade + Spore, -Rotom-Mow + Spore, -Rowlet + Spore, -Sawsbuck + Spore, -Sceptile + Spore, -Seedot + Spore, -Serperior + Spore, -Servine + Spore, -Sewaddle + Spore, -Shaymin + Spore, -Shiftry + Spore, -Silvally-Grass + Spore, -Simisage + Spore, -Skiddo + Spore, -Skiploom + Spore, -Snivy + Spore, -Snover + Spore, -Steenee + Spore, -Sunflora + Spore, -Sunkern + Spore, -Swadloon + Spore, -Tangela + Spore, -Tangrowth + Spore, -Tapu Bulu + Spore, -Torterra + Spore, -Treecko + Spore, -Trevenant + Spore, -Tropius + Spore, -Tsareena + Spore, -Turtwig + Spore, -Venusaur + Spore, -Victreebel + Spore, -Vileplume + Spore, -Virizion + Spore, -Weepinbell + Spore, -Whimsicott + Spore, -Wormadam + Spore, -Baltoy + Thousand Arrows, -Barboach + Thousand Arrows, -Camerupt + Thousand Arrows, -Claydol + Thousand Arrows, -Cubone + Thousand Arrows, -Diggersby + Thousand Arrows, -Diglett + Thousand Arrows, -Donphan + Thousand Arrows, -Drilbur + Thousand Arrows, -Dugtrio + Thousand Arrows, -Excadrill + Thousand Arrows, -Flygon + Thousand Arrows, -Gabite + Thousand Arrows, -Garchomp + Thousand Arrows, -Gastrodon + Thousand Arrows, -Geodude + Thousand Arrows, -Gible + Thousand Arrows, -Gligar + Thousand Arrows, -Gliscor + Thousand Arrows, -Golem + Thousand Arrows, -Golett + Thousand Arrows, -Golurk + Thousand Arrows, -Graveler + Thousand Arrows, -Groudon + Thousand Arrows, -Hippopotas + Thousand Arrows, -Hippowdon + Thousand Arrows, -Krokorok + Thousand Arrows, -Krookodile + Thousand Arrows, -Landorus + Thousand Arrows, -Larvitar + Thousand Arrows, -Mamoswine + Thousand Arrows, -Marowak + Thousand Arrows, -Marshtomp + Thousand Arrows, -Mudbray + Thousand Arrows, -Mudsdale + Thousand Arrows, -Nidoking + Thousand Arrows, -Nidoqueen + Thousand Arrows, -Nincada + Thousand Arrows, -Numel + Thousand Arrows, -Onix + Thousand Arrows, -Palossand + Thousand Arrows, -Palpitoad + Thousand Arrows, -Phanpy + Thousand Arrows, -Piloswine + Thousand Arrows, -Pupitar + Thousand Arrows, -Quagsire + Thousand Arrows, -Rhydon + Thousand Arrows, -Rhyhorn + Thousand Arrows, -Rhyperior + Thousand Arrows, -Sandile + Thousand Arrows, -Sandshrew + Thousand Arrows, -Sandslash + Thousand Arrows, -Sandygast + Thousand Arrows, -Seismitoad + Thousand Arrows, -Silvally-Ground + Thousand Arrows, -Steelix + Thousand Arrows, -Stunfisk + Thousand Arrows, -Swampert + Thousand Arrows, -Swinub + Thousand Arrows, -Torterra + Thousand Arrows, -Trapinch + Thousand Arrows, -Vibrava + Thousand Arrows, -Whiscash + Thousand Arrows, -Wooper + Thousand Arrows, -Wormadam-Sandy + Thousand Arrows, -Espeon + Acupressure, -Flareon + Acupressure, -Glaceon + Acupressure, -Jolteon + Acupressure, -Leafeon + Acupressure, -Sylveon + Acupressure, -Umbreon + Acupressure, -Vaporeon + Acupressure, -Espeon + Belly Drum, -Flareon + Belly Drum, -Glaceon + Belly Drum, -Jolteon + Belly Drum, -Leafeon + Belly Drum, -Sylveon + Belly Drum, -Umbreon + Belly Drum, -Vaporeon + Belly Drum, -Espeon + Lovely Kiss, -Flareon + Lovely Kiss, -Glaceon + Lovely Kiss, -Jolteon + Lovely Kiss, -Leafeon + Lovely Kiss, -Sylveon + Lovely Kiss, -Umbreon + Lovely Kiss, -Vaporeon + Lovely Kiss, -Espeon + Shell Smash, -Flareon + Shell Smash, -Glaceon + Shell Smash, -Jolteon + Shell Smash, -Leafeon + Shell Smash, -Sylveon + Shell Smash, -Umbreon + Shell Smash, -Vaporeon + Shell Smash,  -Komala, -Lightball
/tour name [Gen 7] God’s Gift to STAAABmons RU

Just sayin'.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7godlygift-888827026
(*Yes, I forgot to ban Terrakion (banned in STAAAB OU). It is banned in the code above, though.)

Last edited:
I think we needed some samples for MnM LC so i'm gonna post mine that i'm having some success with.

Note: Click this team for the link

Type:
/

Stats: 70 HP / 130 Atk / 120 Def / 45 SpA / 75 SpD / 45 Spe

Aggronite Mudbray will remain special to me as an Offensive Tank. It is the team's Rock setter, although I found in my most games that it would rather kill something on what's in front on it than using Stealth Rock on Turn 1. Stamina is quite useful before you Mega'd because it gives you Defense on some rather weak hits like Fake Out. 130 Attack alongside its high power STAB in Earthquake and Heavy Slam is something you shouldn't underestimated.

Acrogar is still good, Stone Edge is run as a coverage because one of few mons that resisted Ground/Flying coverage happens to be Archen.

Type:

Stats: 50 HP / 95 Atk / 75 Def / 75 SpA / 85 SpD / 130 Spe

Tough Claws gives Ponyta a boost from most of its physical moves and a primary Speed control for this team. Flame Body is used pre-mega as it can potentially burned physical attackers like Fake Out users and Espeed from Alt Dratini.

Type:
/

Stats: 41 HP / 104 Atk / 65 Def / 90 SpA / 50 SpD / 50 Spe

Well, not gonna explained a lot to this. Draco Meteor is used over Outrage as a more reliable STAB while not being locked. Sub is used for the capitalized force switches.

SturdyJuice Smash Tirtouga is still good on its own. Water / Rock STAB is surprising resisted by a few, with the latter STAB being quite useful against most Red Orb Users as they are weak to it due to getting a Fire typing. This one might be a deadweight against teams with hazard as there's no hazard removal on this team. Aqua Jet is used to revenge kill Diancites who think they can outspeed it after Shell Smash and giving a secondary priority user.

Tangela is a great Physical Tank due to its immense physical bulk and Regenerator. Leaf Storm is run over Giga Drain to burst out and to KO mons. Sludge Bomb is used for better at checking Alt Dratini. You might noticed i don't invest much on SpD, its because this Tangela is being used as a Physical tank rather than special or mixed tank.
Have fun using this.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Type:
/
Stats: 41 HP / 104 Atk / 65 Def / 90 SpA / 50 SpD / 50 Spe Ability: Pixilate
Type:
/
Stats: 41 HP / 94 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SpA / 60 SpD / 70 Spe Ability: Aerilate
So after some discussion with the newly formed council, we will proceed with a Dratini suspect test!

Thanks to its almost exclusive access to Extreme Speed which can be powered up by stones such as Altarianite and Pinsirite, Dratini has established itself as not only one of the best revenge killers in the tier, but also a dangerous sweeper thanks to an additional access to Dragon Dance. Being able to abuse respectable bulk, good typing (especially with an Altarianite equipped), and coverage moves such as Fire Blast which can help beat certain checks such as Aggronite Spritzee and Latiosite Honedge once they have been weakened enough means that Dratini can singlehandedly decide games on its own. This has brought up the surge of Blue Orb Steel types in order to check it, with the most notable examples being Ferroseed, Alolan Sandshrew, and Honedge. However, the aforementioned threats all lack reliable recovery and are thus prone to being weakened throughout the course of the match and threatened to be put in range to a boosted Extreme Speed. Most games often come down to the the speed tie between two Dratini's which does not promote a diverse playstyle we feel should be encouraged within the tier.

Anyone who wishes to participate in this suspect test will use a newly-made alt with a suspect-specific tag to indicate that you are trying to achieve reqs. The requirements for this suspect test are the following:
  • All games must be played on the Pokemon Showdown! MnM LC ladder on a new alt with the following format: "MNMDS (nickname)" For example, I might register the alt MNMDS Funbot to ladder with.
  • To qualify for voting, your alt must play a minimum of 25 games, and achieve a minimum GXE of 75.
  • Once you achieve reqs, post the proof that you own the account alongside a screenshot with the reqs themselves and clearly state your stance in the said post as well, with the options being "Ban", "No Ban", or "Abstain".
You have until Sunday, April 21rst at 11:59 PM GMT -4 to meet voting requirements. Feel free to post your stance on Dratini and get some good discussion going!

Suspect tours will be announced soon, where the winner will get automatic reqs so stay tuned!

reqs: http://prntscr.com/naclf1

no ban

mnmlc appears to be overcentralized around tini since its a new meta and people don't know all their options, but it has plenty of checks and counters like honedege, ferroseed, tengela, koffing, marenie, pixilate fake out, other steel types, many red orb users, and sash and sturdy users. The issue now is that the meta is all HO. As it will probably diversify to feature more balanced teams, anything with a little bulk will be able to survive a neutral espeed and take tini out.

This is my first suspect but I figured I'd share my thoughts since I'm currently top of the ladder as Pressure Sunkern

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
[RESERVED FOR A LIST OF QUALIFIED STAAABmons RU Voters]
I vote

YES
The fact that there is no true answer to Emboar and that in order to attempt to wall it you need phase into its stabs. Proves its too much of a threat to keep unbanned.
Voting YES to ban the pig. Maybe now Arcanine will have a chance.
I think that emboar is relatively easy to counter - as in, there are ways to create specialised sets that wall it - but even then they dont wall every set (moldy is walled by psea, desoland by ff). There's multiple mons that can do it actually - palo, venu, gourgeist, dhelmise, golisopod. One thing is for sure tho, you either run a dedicated Emboar check or you lose, which limits teambuilding too much.

This is why I vote YES to banning the pig.

Last edited:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ban Dratini

This thing is too versatile, with his access at Fire Blast and a powerful Dragon stab for break poison type.
I would like ban for another reason, his Match-up versus Offense is just too good,
with his Extreme Speed, forcing you to play something that looks like a kind of balanced.
(I might add things if it seems important to me)

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I might not get reqs because the ladder is pretty dead, but I think Dratini needs to go. It just completely invalidates offense. Elekid, Pawniard, Carvanha, meinfoo, aipom/buneary and way more are checked so hard by it. All the steels in the tier that can beat it suck - I use Klink but come on it's not great, and if they fire blast on the switch even it loses - so it's to the point where you need Red Orb Ponyta on every offensive team. Sure, defensive teams can use a blue orb steel, but it's definitely over centralizing as hell. And yes, maybe stuff like Carvanha will be broken if dratini is gone, but then ban them too, that's not an excuse to keep around this POS. It doesn't matter that it's slow because Espeed is so stupid. Sash and sturdy users are just countered by having hazards up so that's a pretty bad argument.

And yes aggronite stuff beats it but they can't switch in

Wow, this ought to be an interesting meta.
Here are some preliminary ideas I thought of (note: may not actually work as intended):
PU:
Aggronite Mudsdale
Sablenite Audino
Manectite Lanturn
Lopunnite Dodrio
Metagrossite Rampardos

NU:
Pinsirite / Altarianite Klinklang
Sablenite Vaporeon
Venusaurite Torterra

RU:
Sablenite Cresselia (could actually be a lot better here)
Pinsirite Metagross
Altarianite / Pinsirite Zyg-10%

I’m too lazy to do the rest of the tiers, but these are just a few suggestions. Try them!

Also, are the TS boosts given to the poke kept after mega evolving?

Last edited:
Congrats to Mix and Mega Tier Shift!

It seems like there have been several different tour codes used so far, and I couldn't find one posted in the thread yet. Hopefully this one combines the best parts of Drampa and Roldski's codes:-

Code:
/tour new gen7mixandmega, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules gen7tiershift, +Uber, +Arena Trap, +Power Construct, +Deep Sea Tooth, +Damp Rock, +Eviolite, -Archeops + Abomasite, -Archeops + Absolite, -Archeops + Aerodactylite, -Archeops + Aggronite, -Archeops + Alakazite, -Archeops + Altarianite, -Archeops + Ampharosite, -Archeops + Audinite, -Archeops + Banettite, -Archeops + Blastoisinite, -Archeops + Cameruptite, -Archeops + Charizardite X, -Archeops + Charizardite Y, -Archeops + Diancite, -Archeops + Galladite, -Archeops + Garchompite, -Archeops + Gardevoirite, -Archeops + Glalitite, -Archeops + Gyaradosite, -Archeops + Heracronite, -Archeops + Houndoominite, -Archeops + Latiasite, -Archeops + Latiosite, -Archeops + Lopunnite, -Archeops + Lucarionite, -Archeops + Manectite, -Archeops + Metagrossite, -Archeops + Mewtwonite X, -Archeops + Mewtwonite Y, -Archeops + Pinsirite, -Archeops + Sablenite, -Archeops + Salamencite, -Archeops + Sceptilite, -Archeops + Scizorite, -Archeops + Sharpedonite, -Archeops + Slowbronite, -Archeops + Steelixite, -Archeops + Swampertite, -Archeops + Tyranitarite, -Archeops + Venusaurite, -Archeops + Red Orb, -Archeops + Blue Orb
/tour name [Gen 7] Mix and Mega Tier Shift

* This is also the tour name that Iolanthe can recognise Spotlight under.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Congrats to Mix and Mega Tier Shift!

It seems like there have been several different tour codes used so far, and I couldn't find one posted in the thread yet. Hopefully this one combines the best parts of Drampa and Roldski's codes:-

Code:
/tour new gen7mixandmega, elimination, 32,1
/tour autostart 10
/tour rules gen7tiershift, +Uber, +Arena Trap, +Power Construct, +Deep Sea Tooth, +Damp Rock, +Eviolite, -Archeops + Abomasite, -Archeops + Absolite, -Archeops + Aerodactylite, -Archeops + Aggronite, -Archeops + Alakazite, -Archeops + Altarianite, -Archeops + Ampharosite, -Archeops + Audinite, -Archeops + Banettite, -Archeops + Blastoisinite, -Archeops + Cameruptite, -Archeops + Charizardite X, -Archeops + Charizardite Y, -Archeops + Diancite, -Archeops + Galladite, -Archeops + Garchompite, -Archeops + Gardevoirite, -Archeops + Glalitite, -Archeops + Gyaradosite, -Archeops + Heracronite, -Archeops + Houndoominite, -Archeops + Latiasite, -Archeops + Latiosite, -Archeops + Lopunnite, -Archeops + Lucarionite, -Archeops + Manectite, -Archeops + Metagrossite, -Archeops + Mewtwonite X, -Archeops + Mewtwonite Y, -Archeops + Pinsirite, -Archeops + Sablenite, -Archeops + Salamencite, -Archeops + Sceptilite, -Archeops + Scizorite, -Archeops + Sharpedonite, -Archeops + Slowbronite, -Archeops + Steelixite, -Archeops + Swampertite, -Archeops + Tyranitarite, -Archeops + Venusaurite, -Archeops + Red Orb, -Archeops + Blue Orb
/tour name [Gen 7] Mix and Mega Tier Shift

* This is also the tour name that Iolanthe can recognise Spotlight under.
Thanks We Wuz Nidokangz (for all this code tbh thanks so much <3)

First thing I think warrants discussion in MnM tier shift are whether Archeops and Mega Ray deserve bans. I've seen people argue both ways for Archeops and I'd like to open it up here. As for Mega Ray, the power level here is pretty undeniably well above ubers so I feel like it will be pretty balanced overall. Thoughts?

Kabutops @ Lopunnite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower/Low Kick
- Rapid Spin/Liquidation/Facade
Terrakion for unranked? Thanks to the tier shift boosts Kabutops is faster, stronger, and physically bulkier, while also being able to effortlessly break through stuff like Aggronite Gourgheist or Palossand and having utility moves like Rapid Spin.
I also noticed that this is literally 215 attack unboosted and 150 speed. Ceiling feels a lot higher than normal MnM already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)