SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

It's blatant wishlisting but hey why not?

-I really hope Mawile and Sableye get some fairly significant stat buffs as compensation for losing their Megas. +40 or even +50/60 BST would be cool

-Please give Dusknoir good Physical Ghost STAB. I would also like additional HP but considering its BST is already 525 that's probably asking too much

-LORD IN HEAVEN ALMIGHTY PLEASE BUFF SILVALLY. GIVE IT RECOVER, 100 STATS, NO MEMORY REQUIREMENT, JUST SOMETHING DEAR GOD
I agree with this but I’m hesistant about Mawile and Sableye. In the event that their Mega Evolutions do come back one day (perhaps in a future main series or some spinoff battle simulator game or whatever [please let Home have this]) the buffed BST will make their Megas that much stronger than before, and idk how I feel about that tbh. I do feel they could use some stat buffs, but it should be no more than 25 points. 40-60 BST might be overdoing it.

Other than that, again, I agree and I hope Silvally gets some good shit this gen. Honestly one of my biggest Gen 7 disappointments.

Well, if we are talking about origins, Barraskewda isn't based on the barracuda but the pike.

Barracudas are a tropical ocean fish with silver-blue coloring, but pikes are brown and green in color and have fins closer to Barraskewda's. Pikes are a freshwater fish found in the northern hemisphere, primarily around Canada and (you guessed it) England. Both are toothy predators though, just barracudas are more likely to kill Nemo's family while a pike is more likely to be an antagonist in a Redwall novel.
1573323232986.png

1573323263171.png

1573323296782.png

(from top down, Barraskewda, a pike, and a barracuda).

Looking at them all lined up like this, the only thing Barraskewda has in common with it's namesake is the stripes. The rest of it is definitely a pike. And now I've satisfied my wish, to lecture you on fish.

It's blatant wishlisting but hey why not?

-I really hope Mawile and Sableye get some fairly significant stat buffs as compensation for losing their Megas. +40 or even +50/60 BST would be cool

-Please give Dusknoir good Physical Ghost STAB. I would also like additional HP but considering its BST is already 525 that's probably asking too much

-LORD IN HEAVEN ALMIGHTY PLEASE BUFF SILVALLY. GIVE IT RECOVER, 100 STATS, NO MEMORY REQUIREMENT, JUST SOMETHING DEAR GOD
Mawile probably won't get anything new but eh it got two generations with a super strong Mega so I can't complain too much.

Sableye might still see some use... somewhere. I know the new Fairy / Dark gives it competition but that probably won't get Recover.

Please yes, Dusknoir deserves better. So cool looking yet it has to rely on Shadow Punch for STAB. Its strongest non-gimmick move is Earthquake lol.

Imo Silvally only needs Recover to see OU use. Defog + Parting Shot + Multi-attack is really good. 95 base stats around the board is also great defensively. It's also immune to Knock Off. Silvally is so close to being really good but without recovery it just blows.

I agree it should get a boost but I don't exactally get the bst comparison. Shiinotic isn't a counterpart to Amoonguss, if anything its a counterpart to Parasect given the equal bst and the paralels between both on Sun and Moon

Which makes me think, is Parasect even in Sword and Shield? If not that'd make two duos that got separated when making the dex cut
Amoonguss came to my mind as the #1 defensive mushroom. Frankly, I never knew Parasect had similar stats to Shiinotic. Thought that only the awful typing made it not stand out, and its BST would be around 450 or so. But 405 BST really makes it Shiinotic's best buddy.

As for the question, Parasect is out.

Ubers is gonna be a scary metagame, bruh...

Christ, look at Zamazenta's stats: 100/127/140/85/140/135
Plus its ability that increases its defenses and the fact that it'll probably get great Fighting and Steel STAB.

Assuming Zacian will be the same thing with defenses and attacks swapped, it'll be even scarier:
140 base attack with an ability that raises attack, swords dance, 135 speed and STAB Play Rough and Iron Head(probably).

I'm in a state of fear.

If the rumoured Gen IV remakes are real, Megas *could* make a comeback in those games. This is probably just wishful thinking on my part, but the last time we got new Megas was in a remake. Equally, they could make Gigantamax versions of Gen IV mons instead. (and the Gen IV remakes are just rumours and speculation at this point so there's no point in worrying about what they do or don't add)

Does anyone know if it's possible that Tyranitar and Kommo-o have a G-Max form as we have a raid for each of them if we get the Pokemon Sword and Shield pack as they respectively lost their mega/z-move?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible that Tyranitar and Kommo-o have a G-Max form as we have a raid for each of them if we get the Pokemon Sword and Shield pack and the respectively lost their mega/z-move?
I'm definitely hoping Tyranitar gets one, and it would be nice for Kommo-o to get one as well as that'd be our first Alolan GMax.

However, if there's anyone more deserving of a GMax form, it's the King of the Pocket Monsters.

a549b0dcb125c7162d40a34b7c1574b1.jpg

Ubers is gonna be a scary metagame, bruh...

Christ, look at Zamazenta's stats: 100/127/140/85/140/135
Plus its ability that increases its defenses and the fact that it'll probably get great Fighting and Steel STAB.

Assuming Zacian will be the same thing with defenses and attacks swapped, it'll be even scarier:
140 base attack with an ability that raises attack, swords dance, 135 speed and STAB Play Rough and Iron Head(probably).

I'm in a state of fear.
Are this stats confirmed?

It's been done in the series countless times. VGC '10, VGC '16, and VGC '19 featured box legendaries that were mostly version-exclusives.
That's not what i meant and you know it. I'm talking of gating potentially competitive pokemon behind non-free non-global events.

Have you ever wondered why mythicals and ash-greninja are not allowed in VGC format? ...

In gen 7 they went as far as give all "other version" exlusive via free wifi event.
They could and nothing will happen
Nintendo policies will never allow them, even if they wanted.

That's not what i meant and you know it. I'm talking of gating potentially competitive pokemon behind non-free non-global events.

Have you ever wondered why mythicals and ash-greninja are not allowed in VGC format? ...

In gen 7 they went as far as give all "other version" exlusive via free wifi event.
Oh, misunderstood then. They shouldn't do that, then.

Nintendo policies will never allow them, even if they wanted.
They have always done something like this in a way. Wasn't Jirachi obtainable by having a save in Colosseum/XD (or was it Pokémon Box)? And I believe Manaphy was also obtainable by having a certain ammount of Pokémon deposited in Pokémon Ranch. And as a more recent example, we have Mew being obtainable by that weird Pokéball Joy Con thing in Let's Go, and Pikachu/Eevee's Gigantamax forms in Sword/Shield.

And those are the most notable examples, there's also stuff like some moves only being obtainable in certain Pokémon by having Stadium 2, such as Earthquake Gligar, and move-relearner exclusive moves.

They have always done something like this in a way. Wasn't Jirachi obtainable by having a save in Colosseum/XD (or was it Pokémon Box)? And I believe Manaphy was also obtainable by having a certain ammount of Pokémon deposited in Pokémon Ranch. And as a more recent example, we have Mew being obtainable by that weird Pokéball Joy Con thing in Let's Go, and Pikachu/Eevee's Gigantamax forms in Sword/Shield.

And those are the most notable examples, there's also stuff like some moves only being obtainable in certain Pokémon by having Stadium 2, such as Earthquake Gligar, and move-relearner exclusive moves.
All the ones you mentioned are not legal in competitive formats. So no.

Unless we're really nitpicking on eartquake gligar which it can learn via tm anyway.

Calling box legendaries "pay to win" doesn't even makes sense when one of the main features of the games is trading and they do a lot of distributions for those legendaries too.
The same can probably be said for GMax version exclusives, then. Nothing stopping someone from trading over a Sword-exclusive GMax into Shield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)