SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Eiscue is fast as f*** (130 base speed) when its face is broken, so Agility probably isn't needed. Its offensive movepool isn't the best, but it's got a few nice moves.

Icicle Crash
Waterfall/Liquidation
Zen Headbutt
Head Smash
Iron Head
Reversal
I am gonna try to pick up this thing in my planned Ice Monotype playthrough in Sword.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Can anyone confirm? I got someone saying that Libero (Cinderace's HA) doesn't change your type before you do the move but AFTER, meaning no STAB on it.

Can anyone confirm? I got someone saying that Libero (Cinderace's HA) doesn't change your type before you do the move but AFTER, meaning no STAB on it.
The ability description says it affects the move it's "about to use" so I doubt that's the case

So I was having a look at the new moves; and saw the Signiture moves of the fossils; Bolt Beak [-Zolts] and Fishious Rend [-Vish].

These attacks are 80 BP; and 100% Accurate Electric and Water moves... but their power doubles if the user goes first.

Draco- fossils have Base 75 Speed; enough to outrun most defensive pokemon. Arcto-fossils have 55 Speed. It's also worth noting that the -Vish have 90 Atk and the -Zolts have 100.

55 Speed is certainly low enough to be reliable in a Trick Room setting. However, Draco-Fossils get Sand Rush; and Arcto-Fossils get Slush Rush.

While the Arcto Base 55 Speed isn't as impressive, Base 75 on the Draco Fossils is enough to probobly outrun most pokemon in it's respective weather.

So Draco- Fossils could happily be running around smashing things with 160 BP STAB's in Sand.

That's... pretty scary. Especially since you could slap on a Choice Band. Maybe Base 75 is just enough to be a passable scarfer. I've not seen speed tiers in the Galar Dex yet. Bonus points for a Scarf Zolt set potentially taking advantage of Electric Terrain set up by an ally. As hinted before; Band Zolt can outrun walls and might just be able to brute-force through them.

I think DracoZolt is the most scary. Dragon-Electric is in general a good typing, but it has 100 Base Atk; 75 Speed and Sand Rush, while slamming things with a potential 160 BP STAB.

Also wow the empowered formes of the Legendaries have 720 BST AND get a free +1. They... might be too Uber, although they do have to use their item slot.

Also the ever-adorable Snom has the 3rd lowest BST on record; hardly beating Solo Wishiwashi and Sunkern. And Snom has a smaller movepool than both. It's weaker than Baby Pokemon.

Clearly; this means we must all protec Snom.

Last edited:
So I was having a look at the new moves; and saw the Signiture moves of the fossils; Bolt Beak [-Zolts] and Fishious Rend [-Vish].

These attacks are 80 BP; and 100% Accurate Electric and Water moves... but their power doubles if the user goes first.

Draco- fossils have Base 75 Speed; enough to outrun most defensive pokemon. Arcto-fossils have 55 Speed. It's also worth noting that the -Vish have 90 Atk and the -Zolts have 100.

55 Speed is certainly low enough to be reliable in a Trick Room setting. However, Draco-Fossils get Sand Rush; and Arcto-Fossils get Slush Rush.

While the Arcto Base 55 Speed isn't as impressive, Base 75 on the Draco Fossils is enough to probobly outrun most pokemon in it's respective weather.

So Draco- Fossils could happily be running around smashing things with 160 BP STAB's in Sand.

That's... pretty scary. Especially since you could slap on a Choice Band. Maybe Base 75 is just enough to be a passable scarfer. I've not seen speed tiers in the Galar Dex yet. Bonus points for a Scarf Zolt set potentially taking advantage of Electric Terrain set up by an ally. As hinted before; Band Zolt can outrun walls and might just be able to brute-force through them.

I think DracoZolt is the most scary. Dragon-Electric is in general a good typing, but it has 100 Base Atk; 75 Speed and Sand Rush, while slamming things with a potential 160 BP STAB.

Also wow the empowered formes of the Legendaries have 720 BST AND get a free +1. They... might be too Uber, although they do have to use their item slot.

Also the ever-adorable Snom has the 3rd lowest BST on record; hardly beating Solo Wishiwashi and Sunkern. And Snom has a smaller movepool than both. It's weaker than Baby Pokemon.

Speaking of baby Pokémon, Toxel is the first baby Pokémon since Gen 4!

Holy shit, Aura Wheel's base power is 110?! Morpeko may have the Pikaclone curse, but if it ever gets Swords Dance, 95 Attack and 97 Speed is not too shabby.
Sadly Morpeko dosen't get Swords Dance; or any way to boost it's Atk.

Shame; since a BP 110 Dark Move would be terrifying considering the lack of Dark resists and how Dark generally caps out 80~90 BP due to this.

It's still probably up there with Emolga as best Pikaclone. It's certainly more usable than Minun; Plusle; Pachirisu and Dedenne.

What I love about the fossils is that they're meant to be terribly mismatched but when you realize that the top parts come with an attack that doubles in power if you move first and the bottom parts have a hidden ability that doubles your speed in weather, it turns out they match perfectly. Sure the Arcto-'s are slower than Alolan Slash (and anyone who used it last gen knows it was frustrating to have to run Jolly to outspeed Scarf Base 100s) but they still seem to be pretty cool wallbreakers.

What I love about the fossils is that they're meant to be terribly mismatched but when you realize that the top parts come with an attack that doubles in power if you move first and the bottom parts have a hidden ability that doubles your speed in weather, it turns out they match perfectly. Sure the Arcto-'s are slower than Alolan Slash (and anyone who used it last gen knows it was frustrating to have to run Jolly to outspeed Scarf Base 100s) but they still seem to be pretty cool wallbreakers.
To be fair; Alolan Slash wasn't running around with a BP 160 STAB, so the Arcto fossils probobly won't mind running Jolly too much. Arctos are also better for Trick Room strategies. I do think the Draco fossils are generally better however, because Dragon >>>> Ice typing; Sand is generally more usable than Hail; and the Base 75 Speed makes it easier to run Adamant; and serve as a wallbreaker even with Sand down.

DracoZolt/DracoVish [Or even both!] + Excadrill + Tyranitar is looking absolutely terrifying. Not to mention the fossils are Sand abusers who aren't Rock/Ground/Steel type; so bring type diversity to Sand. I would absolutely not be surprised to see some sort of action against Sand pretty quickly; given the dex limits and whatnot.

Sadly Morpeko dosen't get Swords Dance; or any way to boost it's Atk.

Shame; since a BP 110 Dark Move would be terrifying considering the lack of Dark resists and how Dark generally caps out 80~90 BP due to this.

It's still probably up there with Emolga as best Pikaclone. It's certainly more usable than Minun; Plusle; Pachirisu and Dedenne.
Don't forget Togedemaru.

It's also strange that it's an "aura" attack, it literally forms a wheel from energy, yet it's Physical. Morpeko gets Nasty Plot, so it could have benefitted from it heavily with an actual Attack - Special Attack stat switch. Maybe future games will have the courtesy of letting it get Swords Dance or any Attack boosting move.

DracoZolt/DracoVish [Or even both!] + Excadrill + Tyranitar
I imagine a moveset for Dracozolt would look something like...

Dracozolt @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Rush / Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake

Arctozolt is nothing to scoff at either, to be honest. What's more terrifying; physical BoltBeam or special BoltBeam?

Shift Gear in toxtricity sounds kinda broken it's only weak to ground and psychic, after a boost it oustspeeds any reasonable threat, a Wild Charge, Drain Punch, Throat Chop/Poison Jab set sounds nasty with an air balloon, give it spikes support and it can ohko Excadrill with drain punch even with a speed boost from sand or rapid spin.... also, it has immunity to poisoning and paralysis... I mean... damn...

Shift Gear in toxtricity sounds kinda broken it's only weak to ground and psychic, after a boost it oustspeeds any reasonable threat, a Wild Charge, Drain Punch, Throat Chop/Poison Jab set sounds nasty with an air balloon, give it spikes support and it can ohko Excadrill with drain punch even with a speed boost from sand or rapid spin.... also, it has immunity to poisoning and paralysis... I mean... damn...
Do you think that set would be worth running over Punk Rock Boomburst? I feel like even if PR’s only a 20% boost rather than 50% it’d still be capable of nuking anything that doesn’t resist it, making it far scarier to switch into versus a set using its lower physical attack and with no boosting item or ability to help it out.

You can Calm Mind + Stored Power with it, also gets Recover via egg move and Body Press to make use of its 110 base Def.
Interesting! So would Bold with Sticky Web, Body Press, Stored Power, and Calm Mind be a good supportive set for it? Or is Recover too essential to give up?

Don't forget Togedemaru.

It's also strange that it's an "aura" attack, it literally forms a wheel from energy, yet it's Physical. Morpeko gets Nasty Plot, so it could have benefitted from it heavily with an actual Attack - Special Attack stat switch. Maybe future games will have the courtesy of letting it get Swords Dance or any Attack boosting move.

I intentionally ignored Togedemaru because I'm not sure quire if I'd put it above or below it, since Togedemaru tends to play quite differently than the other Pikaclones.

Does life dew heal 50% in singles? I was looking forward to using Hatterene, but if it's only healing move heals only 25%, that would dampen the hype. Yet another Pokemon that could have been better if GF didn't push doubles (*cough* Mega Audino *cough*).

On top of that, it seems like wish is absent from the game, at least for now. You can't even wish pass... Hopefully it gets wish or some other healing move when new tutor moves drop.

Does life dew heal 50% in singles? I was looking forward to using Hatterene, but if it's only healing move heals only 25%, that would dampen the hype. Yet another Pokemon that could have been better if GF didn't push doubles (*cough* Mega Audino *cough*).

On top of that, it seems like wish is absent from the game, at least for now. You can't even wish pass... Hopefully it gets wish or some other healing move when new tutor moves drop.
its 25%

Sorry, I‘m a complete rookie, but does Sand Rush give them immunity to Sandstorm damage?

Don't forget Togedemaru.

An aura is just a bunch of energy that surrounds something or someone. Like how DBZ characters glow when powering up. I think it looks enough like an aura.

The ones with Sand Rush are Rock types, giving them innate immunity to sand; the ability itself only affects their speed.
None of them are rock type iirc. They’re a mix of water, Ice, electric, and dragon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)