Ranking every Pokemon based on how easily a person could beat them in a fight [UPDATED WITH GEN 5 MONS]

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.53.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.54.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.54.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.54.36 PM.png

Tried to rank each pokemon up to gen 5 (other gens to come) based on how easily a person could defeat them in a fight bare-handed. This is mostly based off of Pokédex entries, and is assuming that the person will be using normal-type moves. All Flying types (with some exceptions) are at least in Tier 2 (could easily beat) since they can fly to avoid attacks. Ghost types and pokemon that have super tough / hard skin or armor are also in Hell no tier since you wouldn't be able to do any damage to them. Comment down below if you disagree with anything here, hopefully will update with Kalos mons soon.

Now for some interesting cases:

Machop
According to its Y dex entry, "Its whole body is composed of muscles. Even though it's the size of a human child, it can hurl 100 grown-ups." Based on this, Machop basically wins if it picks you up. However, it is only the size of a small kid, so you can potentially beat it if you keep your distance.

Ponyta-Galar
Quite possibly the easiest pokemon on this list to beat (other than Magikarp). In fact, it would probably be unable to damage you, as its Sword entry says "Its small horn hides a healing power. With a few rubs from this Pokémon's horn, any slight wound you have will be healed."

Vaporeon
Vaporeon is in hell no tier because its ORAS entry states: "Vaporeon underwent a spontaneous mutation and grew fins and gills that allow it to live underwater. This Pokémon has the ability to freely control water." Not only can it effortlessly wash you away in a tidal wave, but also multiple entries state that it can melt in water, making it impossible to hit.

Xatu and Natu
Many of Natu's entries state how it us able to fly and just jumps around. weighing only 4.4 pounds, it's safe to assume that you could punt this mon into the stratosphere. Xatu is also in this tier since its dex entries state how it stands still all day long, reading the future.

Igglybuff
Its Soul Silver dex entry states "Its extremely flexible and elastic body makes it bounce continuously—anytime, anywhere." This is another Magikarp situation, as you will probably beat it if you can hit it before it starts bouncing. However, as soon as it starts bouncing, it won't stop, so you won't be able to hit it. Congrats, Igglybuff, you aren't as worthless as the other baby pokemon.

Shiftry
Tornado Alley watch out-- apparently this pokemon can whip up gusts of wind that can travel 100 ft per second, leveling anything in its path.

Jirachi
A weird case. While It can grant wishes, multiple dex entries state how it sleeps for 1,000 years. Because of this, you have a high dance of fighting it while its sleeping. However, if it is awake, it could probably wish you out of existence, hence its spot in 50/50.

Luxio
Multiple dex entries sate that "Strong electricity courses through the tips of Luxio's sharp claws. A light scratch causes fainting in foes." However, most Luxio are relatively small, so you might have a shot if you try and pick it up and somehow don't get scratched.

Manaphy
And the winner of most vague dex entry goes to Manaphy. Many entries say that "It is born with a mysterious power." However, no entries state what this power is. Because of this, it is super hard to rank Manaphy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Navzyx-kun

Banned deucer.
Meowth and Persian should be in the "I wanna pet you" tier

edit: same goes for Vulpix, Ninetales, and Jolteon. they're all cuties

Last edited:
Why is Magikarp in bottom tier when its DP Pokedex entry specifies it can Splash over mountains???
That would kill you. Instantly.

Why is Magikarp in bottom tier when its DP Pokedex entry specifies it can Splash over mountains???
That would kill you. Instantly.
Magikarp should be on this tier list because it's Black and White 2 Dex Entry states that "A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash." That means that when Magikarp attacks you he would jump the height of a mountain (A minimum of 8,200 feet) and he would hurdle at you at 750+ feet per second assuming there is no wind resistance. Whether he hits you in the head, chest, or knees, your body would be impacted by 400 G of force, which you would likely not survive. Your neck would snap back, if not snap, your body would rip itself apart, and you would most probably be decapitated.

1. gastly can be beaten by humans, it's not like we are limited to normal and fighting type moves (we can use beat up, sucker punch, bite, etc.)
1614802680282.png

how tf do we "easily beat" porygon when it could just retreat to cyberspace where we cannot touch it

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i would never fight a pokemon..

i suspected this for a while but some of you seriously didnt learn anything from ash, brrock, and mysti

pokemon are my friends. i understand them better than anyone so iwould never have to fight them.. i would just understand the power that's inside

peace

~ az

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
"i could easily defeat this angry bear, and that's the reason i'm leaving it in its cage"
“but isn’t that proof that you CAN’T beat it”
“oh heavens no I’m just a very MERCIFUL guy, there’d be nothing left of that bear if I fought it”

I updated the list with gen 2 mons. I also bumped up Magikarp to 50/50, because if it bounces up before you can hit it, you'd be killed due to the impact. However, if it doesn't jump, it's unable to do any harm to you, or if you avoid its path of impact you would win as well.

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
How are you gonna punt a Xatu to the moon? Big ass totem pole bird with psychic powers doesn't sound like a recipe for success in a fight.

Cringetopia

Banned deucer.
Igglybuff
Its Soul Silver dex entry states "Its extremely flexible and elastic body makes it bounce continuously—anytime, anywhere." This is another Magikarp situation, as you will probably beat it if you can hit it before it starts bouncing. However, as soon as it starts bouncing, it won't stop, so you won't be able to hit it. Congrats, Igglybuff, you aren't as worthless as the other baby pokemon.
Please help me! I can’t laughing from reading this shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)