Resource 1v1 Sword and Shield Viability Rankings

After some testing w/ my pl team, playing ssnl, and general laddering, I’d like to give a few nominations:

:ss/spectrier:
A/A+ (idk anymore) -> S-

I think at this point that Spectrier is the clear 3rd best Pokemon in the SS metagame. While not that versatile with its pool of sets, only really having Wisp + Hex with options such as CM, Taunt, and Disable, this set is extremely potent at what it does, having surprisingly great bulk alongside excellent matchups against the majority of the vr, notably Pokemon such as Genesect, Zygarde, and Rillaboom. This Pokemon places immense pressure on teambuilding, having a sparse pool of Pokemon that can reliably answer it. I feel that it deserves S- at this point.

:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
A- -> A+/S-

While it's to somewhat overshadowed by its darker counterpart, ID + BP has risen to prominence as one of the most effective answers to Snorlax in the current SS metagame, alongside blanket checking most physical attackers. Roseli Berry is also great vs fairies such as Primarina and Sylveon, along with playing into preview mindgames.

Similar to the Charizards in SM/ORAS, the two Urshifu formes play notable roles in bolstering the viabilities of each other. While Urshifu-S is obviously the better of the two, I don’t think RS is that far behind, at least not as far behind as the gap between A- and S would entail. I struggle to find which of A+/S- I feel more confident in believing it should be at, but I think its quite obvious that A- is way too low.​

:regieleki:
B+ -> A-/A
Regieleki is one of the few instances where a completely one-dimensional Pokemon has good viability. You know what it’s going to do on preview, but it still has great matchups, OHKOing a surprising amount of mons and having great matchups vs the fairies roaming around the tier.

:Jirachi:
A -> A-
People have been telling me “wait until pl someone will find a stupid set” but it hasn’t happened yet. Jirachi, while still good, is underwhelming compared to what it was in previous metas. Flinch hax is aight, but it’s not as good in a metagame where Urshifu, Genesect, Spectrier, and Zygarde are all potent threats.

Well that's all from me when it comes to noms. Someone make a Snorlax post already, that mon is stupid.

As always, thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

Nominating Drapion for D/ C- tier (mostly because I don't know how good this is really, but I've seen it on ladder and don't see it on the VR)

This is an arguably better Type Null for Gen 7. It beats most all physical mons with the notable exceptions of ground types and belly drum (most notably snorlax). Because of battle armor, it is a real threat to anything that wants to break stall. The advantage of Drapion over Type Null is that Drapion has an easier time against Urshifus, as well as access to taunt. With a base 95 speed, it can out-speed some of the meta it would be worried about losing to taunt. The combination of Iron Defense + Struggle Bug / Skitter Smack allows for Drapion to stall, along with the usage of rest to pp stall most opponents (though not as well as Type Null with tackle). The downfall of this mon is strong special attackers, as the base 75 special defense and 70 base HP don't do it any favors. It of course gets into the same problem against potential mixed attackers, like genesect and aegislash, but that's every boosting stall mon's nightmare anyway. Drapion also gets the flexibility of having item versatility, with sitrus, leftovers, or maranga berry for more bulk.

IMPORTANT NUMBER: 66.6% damage from physical
252 Atk Urshifu Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 133-157 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Urshifu Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 188-224 (54.8 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ Atk Choice Band Snorlax Giga Impact vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 216-255 (62.9 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(lax stats pulled from compendium)
+6 96+ Atk Snorlax Giga Impact vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 283-334 (82.5 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 96+ Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 252-298 (73.4 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 182-216 (53 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 162-192 (47.2 - 55.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO (scarf) (can crit)
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 242-286 (70.5 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (band) (can crit)
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 217-256 (63.2 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (band) (can crit)
252+ Atk Aggron Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 146-172 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Blaziken Reversal (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 229-270 (66.7 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Pheromosa Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 264-312 (76.9 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 242-288 (70.5 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
100+ Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 180-213 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Giga Impact vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 287-338 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 244-288 (71.1 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
96 Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 210-248 (61.2 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (scarf)
252+ Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 192-226 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All other physical attackers are moot, but I can run a calc for you if you like

Most specials kill this set, and I don't know if you can reasonably take more special bulk here. Any specs kills it, as well as primarina and LO naganadel

Hey everyone,
don't really make these kinds of posts much but after building sword and shield 1v1 for many weeks during PL I wanted to share my thoughts about the vr and the general meta heading into playoffs.

the snorlax ban has shifted a lot of the sets mons are using away from the iron defense + body press cheese (heatran and urshifus mostly) back to general role compression and use of actual stab moves which I think is healthier for the metagame overall. mons such as genesect and spectrier have risen up as super prominent threats (not like they were sleeper) that take on a large majority of the meta in different ways, with spectrier having arguably the best all-rounder set a single mon can have on preview and genesect's strength being the sheer amount of options it has available to it.

the dynamic between urshifus and fairies that has been around for the entirety of ss since the shifus' release is as prominent as ever with fairies as a type being extremely dominant in the meta right now after their main counter was banned. both urshis and fairies have extremely reliable checks on team preview and in builder, which feels much less constricting than trying to decipher a lax set or build a heavily set adjusted lax counter. time will tell to see how shifu adjusts but as of now, it feels like there are more than enough hard counters to keep this mon at bay.

i mainly wanted to make this post to outline clear meta mons that arent represented properly on the vr at the moment, while I do think the vr needs quite a lot of changes especially around the middle tiers I'm only going to discuss sets and mons i regularly use and can comment on.

Rises:
:arcanine: Arcanine B > B+ / A-
one of the most useful glues in the tier, literally almost every team im building lately i will make the hitlist and the mon that beats everything and more will be assault vest arcanine with my choice of coverage
Arcanine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpA
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Burn Up
- Play Rough / Outrage / Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

hp and AV tanks a 252 modest specs necrozma prismatic laser with a little bit to spare. max attack is mandatory imo and with this special attack i can reliably beat non counter registeel with blitz into burn up on the iron defense. it also helps with random stuff like weak spdef mons you can pick off with espeed and chunks grassy seed rillaboom, often one shotting

:tapu_fini: Tapu Fini A > A+
literally the most pliable fairy in the tier apart from togekiss unsets and it has so many good things going for it. the reason for my raise for this thing over mons like rilla and sylv, which brute force the tier with great stabs, is its unpredictability on preview and great all around matchup coverage no matter what set you run. in every team you can customize your own fini to do what you need it to do.
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 152 HP / 140 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Rest

trick telepathy so you can rest on stall threats, i run this spa and hydro to have a better chance at killing random stuff like high spdef nihilego as well as one shotting nidoking although people prefer surf, speed is for dragapult and scarf togekiss. the spa is so pump can ko nidoking, and the hp is dumped as its nice to be bulky

:zapdos: Zapdos A- > A
could potentially be considered higher its just so good in the meta right now has pp stalling options available to it as well as great stats, utility options and offensive coverage to counter all the top tier mons. this thing thrives on team preview even though it only really uses one set (two with the occasional life orb) and feels super strong to use in general
Zapdos @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 116 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave / Hurricane / Eerie Impulse / Agility / Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Roost

this pp stalls eleki and outspeeds ada vish/zolt so you can also pp stall that without getting owned by custap rend. cane is for urshis though better run on a life orb set, and i usually run heat wave for a very solid gene answer. spd is for eleki which you stall after maranga activates, roosting t1, and def is dumped to my knowledge. gym socks evs ^

:necrozma: Necrozma A- > A
similar to zapdos its got quite a lot of options available to it mostly being CM/stall sets with stored power or specs with literally whatever evs you need it to have, whether thats tanking rillaboom or creeping your spdef to lure special genesect
BLACK HOLE (Necrozma) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

lives genesect with the spd evs, is generally naturally tanky with max spa to blow up random stuff. this also destroys volcarona at +1 with power gem and funnily enough a volcarona with quiver dance and in swarm range, that has been spdef ev'd enough to live (calm nature and mad invest), will not ko you back due to lack of spa.

:dragapult: Dragapult B+ > A-
so many options and so scary at preview due to its speed and great typing defensively and offensively. sub disable gets so many matchups with your choice of willo hex or dd darts. while the power of band is nice (blows up zygarde) i really enjoy using life orb with some spa invest to deal with band darm and protect to deal with random custap dragons and also custap lele. not gonna post that rn though

:incineroar: Incineroar C+ > B-
fantastic mon with underrated options that by virtue of typing does very well in the meta right now and glues teams together. i use this weakpol set
Incineroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 40 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off

speed for aggron, bulk up t1 on the smash. taunt is epic, knock off is useful, ive seen wisp sets but apart from avalugg 50/50s (band or id) which are in your favour anyway, this set seems way more efficient to me

:kommo-o: Kommo-O C+ > C / B-
this mon dunks on urshifus, beats sylveon with the good set (substitute), matches up great against stall and physical attackers in general
Kommo-o @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 176 HP / 156 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Laser Focus / Taunt
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Substitute

speed for vish and evs stolen from lrxc yeah boy this set is super good though, i prefer laser focus personally for a less stressful zyg matchup

:goodra: Goodra C+ > B
insane MU fish mon and a dragon that beats most fairies in the tier, once again a slew of options available to it but I'm only going to mention its best set right now which is assault vest, evs are super customizable but u can use something like this
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 124 SpA / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

you can run sipper on this for whimsi and leech rillas or gooey to beat random other stuff, idk. speed be creeping and spd is for high naganadel odds, ask waylaid what the def is for, spa dumped

:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr C > C+/ B-
more surprise factors to this mon than you would think, you can run it fast to snipe fairies that are running middling defenses right now with the exception of yawn sylveon, it hits hard with stab cc and it has excellent coverage, base bulk, and strong enough priority to make up for its low speed. you can also run assault vest to good success and even play with guts to beat spectrier which i have not done yet
Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 44 HP / 244 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch / Rock Blast

god i love this coverage, speed is to creep fairies and hp lives band garchomp outrage. you also tend to just pop zygarde with this id call it a winning mu for you most of the time. while not iron fist boosted, lo mach punch also destroys darm and to top it off registeel is also ohkoed by cc. rock blast for volc and counter crust if youre feelin urself

Drops:
:cresselia: Cresselia A > B+
while it is fat as hell it is honestly very overrated, people got caught up in the hype of scarf trick to the point where its the only set people actually use. specs does not have a good ursh matchup at all losing to band ursh and av ursh with proper bulk and the regular set is countered by pretty much every anti stall metric, however i want to mention substitute as a good option on a stall set for beating sylveon that people just dont use enough.

:jirachi: Jirachi A > A-
while I love this mon its really not good in the meta right now. you could even argue for a lower placing of this but I may be biased as despite this drop I want to highlight two pretty good sets that people should actually use more
Jirachi @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 HP / 196 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Trick / Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch

hp to tank life orb urshi sucker punch, band ursh ss is not real in tour play right now and the spd is to flip scarf gene's dl boost. pr will oneshot most but not all urshifus and is a slightly annoying thing about this set. having higher dmg in general against fatter stuff you naturally outspeed means you need less flinches to kill things.
tbh you kinda dont need trick but it helps to 50/50 occa genesect, you can also ev this to tank specs nag fire blast but thats a lot of extra evs for just one mu
Jirachi @ Figy Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Mimic
- Encore
- Metronome

i swear every time im bored i load up my fav team with this on a ladder alt and instantly gain elo. its as fast as possible and max hp is optimal with the spd boost for genesect so specs does not one hit you. the premise of this set is to beat choiced users that hit you supereffectively with non stab damage, or stall that people would usually pick into jirachi to counter it. despite the fact that metronome looks like a joke, and despite what potatochan tells me, i cannot be convinced otherwise that this is not the most optimal 4th move. it unironically gives you the widest variety of matchups, as you encore lock stall you get 16 metronome turns to get them to 50% hp, where you can promply mimic their move on the last turn of encore, encore again, and watch them struggle to death. plus it can bail you out of absolutely terrible situations for no reason and it is fun to use. you really have to try iron head/toxic and then try metronome to understand what i mean.

on top of the encore/lottery locks, sometimes stealing an opponents move is super useful by helping you to do dmg to them (aggron fire punch/eq, registeel bpress) as well as taking away their best option to hit you with. this can also bone recovery mons by taking their roost/recover, and stall mons that have only one attacking move

the last point about this set i want to make is it beats a lot of the counters to regular choiced/stall jirachi and as such its biggest strength is team preview, as another option for this mon. you could experiment with occa and shuca as well but i havent yet. im sure it would be viable

:kartana: Kartana B+ > B
really not terrible at all but when i look at the b+ mons this one doesnt belong as its limited by its spdef and lack of coverage as well as a 4x weakness to one of the best types in the meta rn

and on a side note im still undecided as to whether or not i think genesect is deserving of s tier. maybe another post as i play and build more.
thanks for reading if ya did and if you just looked at this post to steal random sets then that is ok too :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While adding the new noms to the sheet (fun fact Potatochan has to vote on a bunch of things go do that) I decided to go over the PL usage stats (midseason, so slightly outdated) and have a look at anything that got brought more than once and is not on the VR yet (excepting those already addressed by parr0t).

Frankly just read the bulu proposal bc everything else is barely worth mentioning.

Tapu Bulu :tapu_bulu: UR -> B-/C+

Bulu's PL usage so far has eclipsed that of pokemon like Porygon-Z, Nihilego, Darmanitan-Galar and Dracovish. With a much more consistent Urshifu matchup than Rillaboom, as well as significant advantages over it against Kommo-O, Hydreigon, Regidrago, and Zarude (to name a few), it's clear that this pokemon has its own niche and deserves a ranking. The absence of priority, quadruple poison weakness, and generally worse stats hold it back from a high rank, but anything lower than C+ would be understating the relevance of this mon.

Braviary :braviary: UR -> D
Gzapdos with a worse (situationally better) typing, as well as worse stats. Really unsure about D here, feeling like it'd just end up there as clutter.

Slowking-Galar :slowking_galar: UR -> D
Naganadel is doing the 'poison-type with fire coverage' thing better nine out of ten times, the main draws here are water coverage for heatran, psyshock for nihilego, and enough bulk for the scarfers that outspeed naga (and disable sets, maybe?). Its teams having a remarkably solid winrate so far is what makes me think D might be appropriate here. It also gets ice beam but all the targets for that seem to beat you anyway.

Pelipper :pelipper: UR -> UR
This mon is hard carried by its stabs and it still loses typing-based matchups like Rillaboom or Volcanion. Being a flying not weak to ice is a cute gimmick, but the ultimate result is that you beat a few moderately-relevant mons (phero and scarf gdarm), at the cost of major matchups.

Weezing-Galar :weezing_galar: UR -> UR
It no longer beats the best sturdy in the tier, it still loses to all the relevant fairies, and abilities in general have gotten less relevant (except on eleki, which wins anyway). Extremely sceptical this is doing anything that other fairies can't do better already.

Xurkitree :xurkitree: UR -> UR
Got knocked off of the VR for a reason. Scarf xurk is a worse specs koko, specs xurk is slow and frail while failing to OHKO bulky mons.

Thundurus :thundurus: UR -> C-/D
This can pull some Sub-Taunt-Torment-Fly shenanigans, or it can try and be a worse recovery-less zapdos. With prankster taunt being kind of neat after spectrier's rise, I could see this maybe deserving a spot on the VR.

Keldeo :keldeo: UR -> C- UR
Was kind of expecting this to hang out in C-hell somewhere, surprised to see it's not on the list. Kind of a wonkier urshifu-rapid, probably best used with a CM+Taunt+dual stab set. Has matchups versus some Genesect, Volcanion, some Garchomps and a few physical walls that ursh-rapid doesn't have (plus ursh-rapid itself, I suppose), which I guess is a reason to pick it.

I no longer think keldeo has a place in the meta

Last edited:
Going to go ahead and yoink HCTC's bulu nom and add some more. Nominating Tapu Bulu to B-/B, though C+ is good too.

Tapu Bulu is an incredible mon. At first glance, Rillaboom can do everything it can do better, but that is not the case.

Shortcomings:

- Unfortunately, Tapu Bulu does not have a physical Fairy STAB. This hinders its ability to run an all-out attacking set. While it still gets good coverage moves, it simply does not function as well.

- Its stats are not phenomenal. Most of its stats hover around 100, which is more than most Pokemon can say, but the lack of a stand-out stat means that many other pokemon can do its job better.

- Rillaboom exists, and has overall more useful stats than Bulu (I think maybe?). Rillaboom also gets grassy glide, while Bulu does not. This difference between moves is enough to allow Rillaboom to thrive while Bulu to go unnoticed.

- Extra fairy type is, for the most part, a hindrance. Extra bug resistance does not do much (only viable bug is like Volcarona which can destroy it). Dragon immunity is helpful. Steel and Poison weaknesses outweigh the benefits though.

- Matchups are set-specific. Stall Bulu loses to opposing stall and set-up breakers. Swords dance Bulu loses to attackers. All-out attack Bulu is just outclassed.

Strengths:

- Higher attack stat than Rillaboom. 10 higher.

- Sustain. With grassy terrain, Bulu essentially has leftovers. With Leech Seed and Horn Leech, Bulu can recover while chipping down the opponent as well.

- Disable. This move is why I use Tapu Bulu. Most of the time, one would not expect a disable to be on a Bulu. This is also the reason Bulu can beat Urshifus easily. Not only does it annihilate choice sets, it also can force non-choicers to opt for a weaker attack rather than their preferred move.

- Surprise factor. Lower-usage Pokemon are usually unexpected; their sets are relatively unknown too.

- Beats most physical attackers without set-up.

- Some flexibility in set. Bulu gets access to many interesting, useful moves, but it can only slot four. These sets can vary greatly in who they beat, so the opponent would need to think harder.

With that being said, I present to you my very own Tapu Bulu set, which I think is the best Bulu set I've seen so far (stroking my own ego here)

:tapu bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 192 HP / 8 Atk / 140 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Disable
- Horn Leech

This thing is deceptively bulky. Despite being 4x weak to poison, it can still tank a jolly 252 attack banded Urshifu Poison Jab
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Poison Jab vs. +1 192 HP / 140 Def Grassy Seed Tapu Bulu: 276-328 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

I forget what the SpDef is for. I think Super-effective coverage moves.

What this set does is slowly chip down opponents while recovering significant amounts of HP. Leech Seed Protect is the classic combo for sub-seeders, but I've opted out of Substitute because it is often too slow to make use of it. Besides, I love disable. Protect also has the added benefit of nullifying custap. Disable is here because it is just a fantastic move. Makes sure you beat most physical choicers and even some special ones that cannot one-shot you. Even if opponent isn't choiced, Disable can still force opponents to choose losing moves. It can also grant an extra turn of healing from Seed an Terrain. Horn Leech is the primary recovery-damage move. All around good.

Nominating Buzzwole to B or even B+. Buzzwole really profits from the absence of the Zards in Gen 8. But that's not the only good change made to him in this new generation of Pokemon. With dual wingbeat, he got an awesome double hit move that hits urshifu, the top used mon supereffectively.
With the right sets, Buzzwole can 1v1 timid scarf Genesect (I will include calculations below) and Dual Wingbeat allows it to beat most sets of urshifu-rapid strike, while the regular ursh just falls to normal stab. Ice Punch covers Zygarde, another very revelant threat in the current metagame. Buzzwole's matchup vs Spectrier is a bit weird, although if figured Buzzwole has a way of beating non LO / non specs Spectrier if it runs a Spdef Set with Lum Berry. So Buzzwole has a way of beating every mon from A+ to S rank, but it doesnt stop there. Despite having the same speed base as necro, it struggles to get past necro's bulk, but Primarina is a completely different thing, as Prim need 252 HP and 192 Def to bulk an adamant choice band Poison Jab. Sylveon needs 192 to its 252 HP to bulk adamant choice band poison jab so here again Buzzwole has outplay potential. Zeraora and Haxorus are easy for Buzz as Choice Band Max HP tank everything they get and EQ and Ice Punch do the reverse kill. Darmantian Galar and normal Darmanitan can also be beaten by the right sets, some require Occa and some require max defense. So, final words before matchups and calcs,
Buzzwole might not be 100% safely viable against the pokemon ranked higher in the VR, but can certainly outplay a lot of them unexpectedly, which makes me think that he deserves a higher spot on the VR, because i see other Pokemon in its tier that can't beat genesect, ursh or spectrier at all.

Calculations Made:
Darm & Gdarm:
Scarf Darm: 252+ Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 338-398 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole in return: 0 Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Earthquake vs. 8 HP / 164 Def Darmanitan: 362-426 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (yes i know that this has choice band on, it could also be Weakness Policy...)
Scarf Gdarm: 252+ Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 342-404 (81.8 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole in Return: 0+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 398-470 (113.3 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and since Buzz doesnt even need any defense to bulk flare blitz he could run 252 atk to make the kill more safe, tho he ohkos even against full defense gdarm.
Buzzwole Beats Choice Band Darm & GDarm with Max HP adamant occa berry close combat / earthquake

Buzzwole vs Prim: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Primarina: 306-362 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole vs Sylv: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Sylveon: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole vs Zygarde: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 360-424 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO note that Zygarde cant really 2HKO Buzz without any atk investment even with WP
Zyg in Return: +2 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 72-86 (17.2 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO and notice that as Buzz is slower than zyg only the 2nd hit is WP boosted, so Outrage doesnt 2hko either. Yache Zygarde cant bulk 2 Ice punches either.

Buzzwole vs Ursh-Dark: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Urshifu: 488-576 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO now, you might think that ursh gets past Buzz with Counter Chople Berry but Buzzwole can prepare for that by using Dual Wingbeat which cant be countered efficently because its a 2-hit move and Still 2hkos Ursh, alternatively Buzz could run non choiced Power up Punch into CC.

Buzzwole vs Ursh-Water: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 220-260 (54.4 -64.3%)
Now Sitrus Max def max HP Ursh CAN beat Buzzwole if Buzzwole gets Low Rollers 3 times and +4 body press (which should do 51 % at best) gets 2 high rollers, but that's very very unlikely. Buzzwole would lose to max HP max Atk Ursh-Water tho, because that can 2HKO with surging strikes (only needs 152 atk EVs) but max hp max atk ursh-r seems to not really be very common.

Buzzwole vs Genesect: +1 252 SpA Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Buzzwole: 194-230 (46.4 - 55%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO Now im not really sure if download considers AV, if it does that even better for Buzz.
Buzzwole in Return:
1st Move Drain Punch: 0 Atk Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 112-133 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (will recover min 13%)
2nd Move CC: (13% recovery help tank 2 flamethrowers) 0 Atk Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 180-213 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
now if im not some crackhead 39 + 63 should add up to 102% wich is enough for a guaranteed ohko.
Buzzwole gets demolished by specs gene tho.

Buzzwole vs Spectrier: 128 Atk Buzzwole Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Spectrier: 272-320 (79.7 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
so with Lum Berry, Buzz 2HKOs even if it is burned during the second hit. while 128 atk leabe 124 spdef for this:
Spectrier in return: 252 SpA Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 124+ SpD Buzzwole: 177-208 (42.3 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Spectrier is "unable to can" 2HKO Buzzwole if it decides to not go for wisp.

I will not put the Chomp Hax Zera calcs in because it's 2 am and im tired and they are straightforward choice band calcs where Buzz reverse OHKOs with supereffective moves. I will edit this and put spoilers in.

Matchups vs VR:

S Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-S - Wins

S- Rank
:genesect: Genesect - Wins against timid scarf
:spectrier: Spectrier - Wins against non LO / non specs

A+ Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-R - Wins against fast band / scarf and body press
:zygarde: Zygarde - Wins

A Rank
:necrozma: Necrozma - loses most likely
:Primarina: Primarina - wins up to 192 def and 252 hp on the prim
:rillaboom: Rillaboom - wins
:Sylveon: Sylveon - can win with rollers on up to 196 def and 252 hp on the sylv
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini - loses
:togekiss: Togekiss - loses
:zapdos: Zapdos -loses

A- Rank
:cresselia: Cresselia - loses against max spa psychic
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar - wins
:jirachi: Jirachi - Earthquake would OHKO non bulky rachi but depends on flinches i guess
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G - loses
:regieleki: Regieleki - Can tank Modest Eleki Specs Tbolt with 0spdef vest and ohkos back with EQ
:volcanion: Volcanion - loses
:Zeraora: Zeraora - wins

B+ Rank
:aggron: Aggron - wins unless choiced into metal burst
:Arcanine: Arcanine - Can win with lum berry / can win with WP against choice band arcanine, flare blitz has little chance to ohko tho
:Dragapult: Dragapult - beats specs pult with full spdef full hp, beats wisp with lum.
:garchomp: Garchomp - wins
:Haxorus: Haxorus - wins with Outrage
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T- wins with Ice Punch
:naganadel: Naganadel - wins with full Hp / Spdef Outrage
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z - wins against scarf with av full hp / Spdef and AV
:regidrago: Regidrago - wins with full spdef hp av
:registeel: Registeel - wins
:Sawk: Sawk - wins with dual wingbeat
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko - loses
:volcarona: Volcarona - loses

B Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse - loses
:Avalugg: Avalugg - loses
:azumarill: Azumarill - loses
:blaziken: Blaziken - loses
:Clefable: Clefable - loses
:Crustle: Crustle - loses
:diancie: Diancie - wins with iron head
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt - wins with some def
:glastrier: Glastrier - wins
:heatran: Heatran - loses
:kartana: Kartana - wins
:Kyurem: Kyurem - wins
:nihilego: Nihilego - wins
:pheromosa: Pheromosa - should win
:raikou: Raikou - loses to pp stall if choiced
:suicune: Suicune - loses
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele - loses
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G - loses
:zarude: Zarude - wins

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nominating Buzzwole to B or even B+. Buzzwole really profits from the absence of the Zards in Gen 8. But that's not the only good change made to him in this new generation of Pokemon. With dual wingbeat, he got an awesome double hit move that hits urshifu, the top used mon supereffectively.
With the right sets, Buzzwole can 1v1 timid scarf Genesect (I will include calculations below) and Dual Wingbeat allows it to beat most sets of urshifu-rapid strike, while the regular ursh just falls to normal stab. Ice Punch covers Zygarde, another very revelant threat in the current metagame. Buzzwole's matchup vs Spectrier is a bit weird, although if figured Buzzwole has a way of beating non LO / non specs Spectrier if it runs a Spdef Set with Lum Berry. So Buzzwole has a way of beating every mon from A+ to S rank, but it doesnt stop there. Despite having the same speed base as necro, it struggles to get past necro's bulk, but Primarina is a completely different thing, as Prim need 252 HP and 192 Def to bulk an adamant choice band Poison Jab. Sylveon needs 192 to its 252 HP to bulk adamant choice band poison jab so here again Buzzwole has outplay potential. Zeraora and Haxorus are easy for Buzz as Choice Band Max HP tank everything they get and EQ and Ice Punch do the reverse kill. Darmantian Galar and normal Darmanitan can also be beaten by the right sets, some require Occa and some require max defense. So, final words before matchups and calcs,
Buzzwole might not be 100% safely viable against the pokemon ranked higher in the VR, but can certainly outplay a lot of them unexpectedly, which makes me think that he deserves a higher spot on the VR, because i see other Pokemon in its tier that can't beat genesect, ursh or spectrier at all.

Calculations Made:
Darm & Gdarm:
Scarf Darm: 252+ Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 338-398 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole in return: 0 Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Earthquake vs. 8 HP / 164 Def Darmanitan: 362-426 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (yes i know that this has choice band on, it could also be Weakness Policy...)
Scarf Gdarm: 252+ Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 342-404 (81.8 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole in Return: 0+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 398-470 (113.3 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and since Buzz doesnt even need any defense to bulk flare blitz he could run 252 atk to make the kill more safe, tho he ohkos even against full defense gdarm.
Buzzwole Beats Choice Band Darm & GDarm with Max HP adamant occa berry close combat / earthquake

Buzzwole vs Prim: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Primarina: 306-362 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole vs Sylv: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Sylveon: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Buzzwole vs Zygarde: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 360-424 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO note that Zygarde cant really 2HKO Buzz without any atk investment even with WP
Zyg in Return: +2 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 72-86 (17.2 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO and notice that as Buzz is slower than zyg only the 2nd hit is WP boosted, so Outrage doesnt 2hko either. Yache Zygarde cant bulk 2 Ice punches either.

Buzzwole vs Ursh-Dark: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Urshifu: 488-576 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO now, you might think that ursh gets past Buzz with Counter Chople Berry but Buzzwole can prepare for that by using Dual Wingbeat which cant be countered efficently because its a 2-hit move and Still 2hkos Ursh, alternatively Buzz could run non choiced Power up Punch into CC.

Buzzwole vs Ursh-Water: 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 220-260 (54.4 -64.3%)
Now Sitrus Max def max HP Ursh CAN beat Buzzwole if Buzzwole gets Low Rollers 3 times and +4 body press (which should do 51 % at best) gets 2 high rollers, but that's very very unlikely. Buzzwole would lose to max HP max Atk Ursh-Water tho, because that can 2HKO with surging strikes (only needs 152 atk EVs) but max hp max atk ursh-r seems to not really be very common.

Buzzwole vs Genesect: +1 252 SpA Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Buzzwole: 194-230 (46.4 - 55%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO Now im not really sure if download considers AV, if it does that even better for Buzz.
Buzzwole in Return:
1st Move Drain Punch: 0 Atk Buzzwole Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 112-133 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (will recover min 13%)
2nd Move CC: (13% recovery help tank 2 flamethrowers) 0 Atk Buzzwole Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 180-213 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
now if im not some crackhead 39 + 63 should add up to 102% wich is enough for a guaranteed ohko.
Buzzwole gets demolished by specs gene tho.

Buzzwole vs Spectrier: 128 Atk Buzzwole Darkest Lariat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Spectrier: 272-320 (79.7 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
so with Lum Berry, Buzz 2HKOs even if it is burned during the second hit. while 128 atk leabe 124 spdef for this:
Spectrier in return: 252 SpA Spectrier Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 124+ SpD Buzzwole: 177-208 (42.3 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Spectrier is "unable to can" 2HKO Buzzwole if it decides to not go for wisp.

I will not put the Chomp Hax Zera calcs in because it's 2 am and im tired and they are straightforward choice band calcs where Buzz reverse OHKOs with supereffective moves. I will edit this and put spoilers in.

Matchups vs VR:

S Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-S - Wins

S- Rank
:genesect: Genesect - Wins against timid scarf
:spectrier: Spectrier - Wins against non LO / non specs

A+ Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-R - Wins against fast band / scarf and body press
:zygarde: Zygarde - Wins

A Rank
:necrozma: Necrozma - loses most likely
:Primarina: Primarina - wins up to 192 def and 252 hp on the prim
:rillaboom: Rillaboom - wins
:Sylveon: Sylveon - wins up to 196 def and 252 hp on the sylv
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini - loses
:togekiss: Togekiss - loses
:zapdos: Zapdos -loses

A- Rank
:cresselia: Cresselia - loses against max spa psychic
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar - wins
:jirachi: Jirachi - Earthquake would OHKO non bulky rachi but depends on flinches i guess
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G - loses
:regieleki: Regieleki - Can tank Modest Eleki Specs Tbolt with 0spdef vest and ohkos back with EQ
:volcanion: Volcanion - loses
:Zeraora: Zeraora - wins

B+ Rank
:aggron: Aggron - wins unless choiced into metal burst
:Arcanine: Arcanine - Can win with lum berry / can win with WP against choice band arcanine, flare blitz has little chance to ohko tho
:Dragapult: Dragapult - beats specs pult with full spdef full hp, beats wisp with lum.
:garchomp: Garchomp - wins
:Haxorus: Haxorus - wins with Outrage
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T- wins with Ice Punch
:naganadel: Naganadel - wins with full Hp / Spdef Outrage
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z - wins against scarf with av full hp / Spdef and AV
:regidrago: Regidrago - wins with full spdef hp av
:registeel: Registeel - wins
:Sawk: Sawk - wins with dual wingbeat
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko - loses
:volcarona: Volcarona - loses

B Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse - loses
:Avalugg: Avalugg - loses
:azumarill: Azumarill - loses
:blaziken: Blaziken - loses
:Clefable: Clefable - loses
:Crustle: Crustle - loses
:diancie: Diancie - wins with iron head
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt - wins with some def
:glastrier: Glastrier - wins
:heatran: Heatran - loses
:kartana: Kartana - wins
:Kyurem: Kyurem - wins
:nihilego: Nihilego - wins
:pheromosa: Pheromosa - should win
:raikou: Raikou - loses to pp stall if choiced
:suicune: Suicune - loses
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele - loses
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G - loses
:zarude: Zarude - wins

pls excuse my spelling and grammar and stuff its 2 am and im not a native speaker
I think it would help if you included one or more sets that showcase the moves and items you've described above. You frequently say 'buzzwole beats X if running Y' without making it clear how many of those things you can viably run at the same time, which makes it hard to gauge buzzwole's viability.

edit: Also, you described the prim matchup as 'wins up to 252 HP and 192 def on prim', when the calc implies that that is simply the point where prim stops dying to rolls. The actual point where you reliably beat prim is 252 HP 44 Def, which is much less than prim tends to run for haxorus/garchomp/bandorus. I haven't gone over every matchup, but if you use 'wins' to mean 'has a chance to win' then that's a lot less impressive.

new and upcoming player: hi guys look at this mon I just found I think its pretty good!!!

hctc: haha no, you're an idiot, everything you just said is wrong, just delete your smogon account already.
I am neither new nor upcoming. I've been playing 1v1 since before the release of USUM just my smogon account is relatively new, but i'm not entirely sure wether this is the place to talk about it. I just wanted to show that Buzzwole has more potential then other pokemon in its tier and deserves higher for that reason. Also i do not take anything hctc said as a personal offense, instead i really appreaciate the fact that they've actually found time to read trough my epileptic spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
Hi so, while helping with the setscomp together with the humble setbuilders we came across a few mons in the lower ranks that, in my opinion, should be unranked, either because they're fully outclassed by some other mon, or because they're too awkward to build with and do very little in general.

-Keldeo
This is clearly a lax remnant, as it was a decent counter to lax, but now it's simply outclassed.
It beats Urshifu-S, which is admittedly nice, but its only other won matchups up to B (assuming either specs or taunt cm), are Landorus-T, Arcanine, Garchomp, Heatran, Volcarona, Nihilego, Crustle and Glastrier (and Darm-G if running 116 Def, see Calc (1)), that's 10 out of 51 mons.

Specs Keldeo is completely outclassed by Choiced Sawk, who has way better coverage and sturdy which compensates for speed, as well as netting Sawk so many MUs Keldeo could never get (Naganadel, Regieleki, etc.). Keldeo's water typing doesn't actually help because Sawk beats all the relevant fire and rock types anyway (in fact having a much better Volcanion MU than keldeo, who has to land a roll or two Focus Blasts (see Calcs (2) and (3)).

Taunt CM keldeo is interesting as it can potentially beat things like Volcanion and has a better Stall MU, but it kinda struggles with immediate damage (rudimentary example Calcs (4) - (6)), and is ultimately outclassed by the other horse (Spectrier) who is way faster (and also one of the best mons in the meta).
Keldeo does beat offensive Blissey over Spectrier, but that's about it for MUs Keldeo has over it.

Overall Keldeo, while interesting, isn't really needed as a lax counter anymore, and is outclassed in both its sets.

-Skarmory
This mon is ultimately outclassed by the other steel flyings defensively, and by every other Sturdy steel offensively.
Sturdy Torment is the unique thing and it is quite interesting as it allows Skarmory to beat every choiced mon, but almost no mons exclusively run choice (regieleki is the big exception, and the one good thing about Skarm), making it rather unreliable in most matchups, and this is where you run into moveslot issues, as you kinda need three moves (Torment, Protect, Roost) for torment, and really want Taunt as well as the ability to do damage. If running Taunt last you lose to every single non-choiced mon in the game unless you can PP stall them and don't get cucked by some secondary effect before that happens (example: Custap Sawk's Ice Punch has a 92% chance of freezing you if you eat 24 of them), and if running some other move you now also lose to every stall mon in the game.

Its other options are Iron Defense Body Press (which is done way better by Corviknight because of Pressure and the ability to also beat special attackers), and some offensive set (either SD, or Band), but those are just outclassed by every other sturdy steel.

Skarmory can look nice on paper, but making a set that isn't either outclassed or super unreliable is basically impossible.

-Electivire
This is just Zeraora but so much worse in literally every single way that it's kinda funny. It's patheticly slow for an offensive elctric type, is slightly less bulky, doesn't have Fake Out or Knock Off, and even the moves are just beta versions of Zeraora's (Wild Charge is beta Plasma Fists, Cross Chop is beta CC, Flamethrower is beta Blaze Kick because it forces you go mixed).
The redeeming things it has are EQ, Counter and Ice Punch I guess, but EQ hits 0 relevant things that Zera doesn't beat anyway (except zera himself lol) and it's not bulky enough for Counter to actually do anything. Ice Punch is very interesting as it beats Zyg assuming not max Spe, but it sadly doesn't really help with much else.
Nobody would seriously use this over zera.

-Regirock
With lax gone this is just worse Aggron in every way (worse coverage (Avalance > Ice Punch), worse typing, worse Atk), not much to say here, as there is no reason to ever use this.

Edit: I didn't put Vaporeon, Aurorus and Relicanth here because I don't have enough info on them, but I can imagine them being just as useless (Aurorus just dies to everything, Vaporeon doesn't really do anything?, Relicanth is just worse Turtle (or Aggron) right?)

(1) 252+ Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Keldeo: 273-322 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(2) 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Volcanion: 163-193 (44.7 - 53%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO
(3) 252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 186-219 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(4) 252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Arcanine: 288-342 (79.1 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(5) 252+ Atk Arcanine Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 210-248 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(6) 252+ Atk Arcanine Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 93-110 (28.7 - 34%) -- 1.3% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
So I’m going to nom dragalge to just be on the VR for now

Dragalge @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Gunk Shot
- Play Rough
- Scale Shot

Dragalge obviously faces stiff competition from naganadel which outclasses is almost every way even taking into account Adaptability (if I remember correctly) however dragalge is able to differentiate itself by running a physical set. This is because due to its access to play rough it allows it to have good odds against all but the bulkiest of Urshifus. It unfortunately cannot bulk for lo urshifu wicked without compromising on its already low attack stat however its ability to 3-0 many teams which rely on av urshifu as their naganadel answer justifies its placement on the vr. It still retains matchups against the prominent fairies and comfortably lives regieleki which is another plus. I don’t know if I need to include anything else but you can see my replays where it won in PL or message me on discord. The last move is sort of useless scale shot at least allows it to try to beat sub disable pult but its not exactly reliable and you don’t really have a better option

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Oh my god just rank fucking type null this mon still does type null things and you got mons like toxicroak and cradily ranked like wtf

:ss/Type NUll:

ANSWERS = NULL (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Confide
- Flame Charge
- Rest

PREMIER GENESECT AND SPECTRIER ANSWER WITHOUT BEING A FIRE TYPE

pretty simple. you also stomp offensive rillaboom, and all ur quirky anti meta shit cuz its TYPE NULL

type null to C- rank thank u

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
I believe bulky/stall Turtonator could be ranked

I don't know the exact set but I see a lot of ppl running Iron Defense Turtonator with success
As you can see, Turtonator is currently on the VR sheet (scoll down to the UR=0 section). It used to be ranked, but recent shifts in the meta have caused most of the council to change their rating to UnRanked. Over time, it may rise again.

Hav you ever seen a buffalo surfing? Now it is possible.

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Surf
why would you ever use this over literally almost anything else with these moves
Tauros has the lowest special attack of all mons with this move combo (with 40), and before you say "Sheer force life orb", you've got Nidoking and Nidoqueen with those and in fact these exact moves! If you're arguing those aren't bulky enough, then you've got Goodra with these moves (and hydro pump just to be better). If you wanted a Normal type to be using these, then 1. why and 2. no way in hell tauros is stronger than audino drampa (if you want it to be bulky then use lickilicky idfk)
I get the want to meme but go back to your home on the range on this one

D2TheW

Amadán
Having got shelmet ranked I'm back to get another nfe on the vr
:ss/raboot: Raboot: ur->c or whatever idfk just rank it

Papaoutai (Raboot) @ Eviolite
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

This lad has a 100% win rate in the prestigious unofficial metagames premier league and deserves some respect. This spread lets it live standard scarf fini hydro (pepega max spatk is still in your favour), max Adamant let's it ko pretty much every fairy with either gunk or gunk into sucker. I can't really be arsed to write out all it's mus but basically just imagine Arcanine that gives up naga, eleki and some other stuff but beats fini, prim, ttar and a few other things. Sucker is the best last move but taunt, wisp, bulk up, counter and bounce are all nice options too. CB and Scarf are cool too tho scarf would be way better if it got zen headbutt like it's big brother.
Here's boot winning in umpl like a goat.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1327969219

Trashuny

Banned deucer.

Venusaur to B+
It may be that the 1v1LT is the first time people are exposed to Venusaur, but I am someone who has used it before the 1v1 Majors and I believe that Venusaur is B+. It is not the most consistent poke with Sleep Powder's low accuracy (which can be improved with Wide or Zoom Lens), and the ban of BrightPowder made Venusaur a little worse, but Venusaur is just great. It has more sets than you think. It can run an accuracy boosting item and it can run Black Sludge. It can run Sludge Bomb instead of protect to beat Taunt Zeraora, Rillaboom, and Trick Tapu Fini or it can use Protect to be more reliable against other pokes. It can also use sets without Leech Seed. I have used Choice Specs, because beating Incineroar and Zeraora that use Taunt is funny. I have also used Sunny Day as a counterteam, and I've used and seen Custap Berry to beat pokes like Darmanitan-G. I've seen Sleep Powder & Life Orb on the same set which is very annoying to fight, it hits very hard, and I just believe Venusaur is better than people think. Ignoring other sets, Venusaur is still very good. It has been many times on the ladder I use a Taunt poke like Incineroar and I still lose to Leech Seed & Protect because of how OP sleep is in 1v1. When I use Venusaur, I can predict my opponent wrong and still win because I sent out Venusaur. If Sleep Powder was more accurate, it could be higher, but I'm a little glad it isn't when I fight it on the ladder. I think Venusaur is better than a poke like Tapu Koko, so I think it should rise.

Corsola-G to B-
More Venusaur has meant more taunt on pokes like Zeraora, but Corsola-G is still very good. It is a poke that isn't fire type and still beats Genesect, and it has a very good time vs many A- ranked pokes. It has many move options, some I have not used, but with Strength Sap and Rest this poke kicks butt. Amnesia, Spite and Will-O-Wisp are also great moves on it. It is not a flawless stall poke, as Trick and Taunt can easily shut it down, but some teams lose to it at team preview, and right now people are spamming Genesect so I think it is good. B- is not too high, in my opinion.

Thanks for reading!

Nominating golisopod for C+ tier.

:ss/golisopod:

Golisopod is a defensive beast that can use its above-average bulk and movepool to beat pokemon like darmanitan-galar, primarina/tapu fini, and even necrozma. Its access to sucker punch makes it a thorn in the side of common custap users like magnezone and primarina. It's movepool and bulk gives it a specific but valuable niche in the 1v1 metagame, and one that I believe grants it a place on the viability rankings.
Credits go to ThatOneSpork for the concept, and to me for the EVs.

Set:
https://pokepast.es/232563f23fc39a2a

252 HP and 16 defense ev’s with impish let golisopod live a choice band adamant darmanitan’s flare blitz, and a +3 power whip from 196 attack zarude.(Yeah I know it’s the old set, before zarude lost to golisopod but now I guess it really loses to golisopod.). Golisopod’s HP and defense also give golisopod enough bulk to live 2 life orb kartana leaf blades when accounting for leech life recovery. 252 HP and 232 Sp.def ev’s let golisopod live 2 specs 252+ sylveon hyper voices, as well as a specs magnezone thunderbolt. 26 speed IVs give golisopod as much speed as possible while being slower than minimum speed magnezone and aegislash.
Liquidation and leech life are golisopod’s two stab moves and what it will be using most of the time. Liquidation hits fire types and Leech life is especially useful for slowly wearing down opponents while healing itself in the process, letting it beat defensively tanky attackers like defensive specs necrozma and life orb kartana. Poison jab lets golisopod deal heavy damage to fairy types while taking little from their attacks, helping it vs sylveon, tapu fini, and primarina. Sucker punch lets golisopod finish off custap users and pokemon faster than it when necessary. Drill run is an alternate move that lets golisopod beat naganadel, specs volcanion, and non-bulky magnezone.

These are the most important calcs I can think of, if you ask how golisopod beats a certain pokemon I’ll show in calcs.

Sylveon:
(specs)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 148-175 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(custap)
92+ SpA Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. -2 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Necrozma:
(fast specs)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 244-288 (69.3 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 153-180 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
Photon geysers barely 2HKO’s and definitely doesn’t when factoring in leech life recovery.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 157-186 (46.8 - 55.5%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 93-109 (27.7 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
46.8+46.8+27.7=121.3%.
Golisopod kills fast specs necrozma with two leech lifes+a sucker punch.

(defensive specs)
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 139-163 (34.9 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Min roll does 139, heals 69.
92+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 135-160 (38.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Max roll does 160.
Golisopod’s hp is 352, and since 352-160+69-160+69-160=10, golisopod can take 3 photon geysers and live with at least 10 health, when accounting for leech life recovery.

Naganadel:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 198-234 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Golisopod tanks two specs modest draco meteors from naganadel,
16 Atk Golisopod Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 184-218 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And easily kills back with two drill runs.

Darmanitan-galar:
If choice band darmanitan galar clicks giga impact golisopod lives it and kills back with two leech lifes and a sucker punch.
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Giga Impact vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 286-337 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 171-202 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 100-118 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
48.7+48.7+28.4=125.8%(easily kills even with minimum rolls).

If choice band darmanitan-galar goes for a flare blitz; golisopod kills back with leech life, sucker punch, and flare blitz’s recoil.
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 229-270 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Minimum roll=229, darmanitan takes 114 damage minimum from recoil.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 171-202 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO.
Leech life minimum roll=171.
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 100-118 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
Sucker punch minimum roll=100.
114+171+100=385, 0 hp darmanitan has 351 hp. Even slightly bulky darmanitan loses to golisopod since 385 is significantly larger than 351.

If choice band darmanitan-galar doesn’t win then choice scarf definitely doesn’t.

Magnezone:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 278-330 (78.9 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

16 Atk Golisopod Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 248-296 (88.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 55-65 (19.5 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
88.2+19.5=107.7%, ez ko.

Zarude(The setcomp set got changed like yesterday so :/):
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 400-472 (96.6 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO.(zarude is essentially forced to bulk up first turn to live a leech life.)

If they do bulk up:
+3 0 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 253-298 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
They can’t kill after bulk up+weakness policy boost and die to a second leech life.

If they don’t bulk up they die to leech life+sucker punch.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 400-472 (96.6 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 29-34 (7 - 8.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
96.6+7=103.6%, ez OHKO.

Darmanitan(fire):
252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 297-351 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 362-428 (103.1 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kartana:
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 84-100 (32.4 - 38.6%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO
Minimum roll does 84, heals 42.

252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 165-196 (46.8 - 55.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
Maximum roll does 196.

Golisopod’s hp is 352, 352-196+42-196=2.

16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 84-100 (32.4 - 38.6%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 50-59 (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO
32.4+32.4+19.3+10(life orb damage)+10(life orb damage)=104.1%, golisopod kills with two leech lifes+sucker punch+life orb recoil.

S Rank
:genesect: Genesect W/L
:urshifu: Urshifu-S L

S- Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-R W/L
:zygarde: Zygarde L

A+ Rank
:necrozma: Necrozma W/L
:rillaboom: Rillaboom W/L
:spectrier: Spectrier L
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini W/L

A Rank

:Sylveon: Sylveon W/L
:volcanion: Volcanion W/L
:Zeraora: Zeraora L

A- Rank
:aggron: Aggron L
:Arcanine: Arcanine W/L
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar W(unless band thrash or stone edge)
:Dragapult: Dragapult W/L
:jirachi: Jirachi W
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T L
:naganadel: Naganadel W(unless nasty plot life orb)
:regidrago: Regidrago L
:regieleki: Regieleki L
:togekiss: Togekiss L
:zapdos: Zapdos L

B+ Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse L
:cresselia: Cresselia W/L
:garchomp: Garchomp L
:goodra: Goodra L
:heatran: Heatran W
:Kyurem: Kyurem L
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G L
:nihilego: Nihilego W/L
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z W(unless modest specs)
:Primarina: Primarina W
:registeel: Registeel L
:Sawk: Sawk W(unless thunder punch)
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko L
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele W
:volcarona: Volcarona W/L
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G L
:zarude: Zarude W

B Rank
:Avalugg: Avalugg W/L
:azumarill: Azumarill L
:blaziken: Blaziken W
:celesteela: Celesteela L
:chansey: Chansey L
:Clefable: Clefable W/L
:Dracovish: Dracovish W
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt L
:glastrier: Glastrier W
:Haxorus: Haxorus W/L
:magnezone: Magnezone W
:pheromosa: Pheromosa W
:tyranitar: Tyranitar L
:venusaur: Venusaur L

B- Rank
:Carracosta: Carracosta L
:Crustle: Crustle L
:diancie: Diancie L
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn L
:incineroar: Incineroar W/L
:kartana: Kartana W/L
:latios: Latios W
:metagross: Metagross W
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior L
:suicune: Suicune L
:swampert: Swampert W/L

C+ Rank
:Aegislash: Aegislash W
:buzzwole: Buzzwole L
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar L
:entei: Entei W/L
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir W
:gastrodon: Gastrodon L
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon W
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o L
:Porygon2: Porygon2 W(unless its my set but nobody’s running that)
:Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku L
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola L
:raikou: Raikou L
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat W
:tapu bulu: Tapu Bulu L

C Rank
:archeops: Archeops L
:articuno: Articuno L
:bellossom: Bellossom L
:blacephalon: Blacephalon W
:Blissey: Blissey L
:Chandelure: Chandelure W
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr L
:Corviknight: Corviknight L
:Darmanitan: Darmanitan W
:Diggersby: Diggersby W
:Durant: Durant L
:landorus: Landorus W
:latias: Latias W
:mamoswine: Mamoswine W
:nidoking: Nidoking W
:Quagsire: Quagsire L
:regice: Regice L
:salamence: Salamence L
:salazzle: Salazzle W
:skarmory: Skarmory L
:torkoal: Torkoal L
:type-null: Type:Null L
:weavile: Weavile W
:Whimsicott: Whimsicott L

C- Rank
:bewear: Bewear L
:dragalge: Dragalge L
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl W/L
:Moltres: Moltres L
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom-W L
:Scizor: Scizor L
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar W
:stakataka: Stakataka W
:talonflame: Talonflame W
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-T L

34 W
20 W/L
58 L
Out of 112.

Golisopod does great against fire/water/grass teams, as its two stabs water and bug are super effective against fire and grass respectively, and golisopod can sit in front of water types taking little from their attacks while slowly killing them with leech life. Additionally, golisopod can beat primarina and most tapu fini sets, which is usually the dragon answer on a fwg team. Most notably when golisopod is using poison jab on its set it can 3-0 the current fwg sample team, while also beating both avalugg and tapu fini from LRXC’s sample team, giving it a valuable niche on the 1v1 ladder.

So far I’ve only experimented with assault vest, but I honestly think that sets like rocky helmet and life orb golisopod could be viable in the future. For now I think it sits well in C+ tier.

Nominating golisopod for C+ tier.

:ss/golisopod:

Golisopod is a defensive beast that can use its above-average bulk and movepool to beat pokemon like darmanitan-galar, primarina/tapu fini, and even necrozma. Its access to sucker punch makes it a thorn in the side of common custap users like magnezone and primarina. It's movepool and bulk gives it a specific but valuable niche in the 1v1 metagame, and one that I believe grants it a place on the viability rankings.
Credits go to ThatOneSpork for the concept, and to me for the EVs.

Set:
https://pokepast.es/232563f23fc39a2a

252 HP and 16 defense ev’s with impish let golisopod live a choice band adamant darmanitan’s flare blitz, and a +3 power whip from 196 attack zarude.(Yeah I know it’s the old set, before zarude lost to golisopod but now I guess it really loses to golisopod.). Golisopod’s HP and defense also give golisopod enough bulk to live 2 life orb kartana leaf blades when accounting for leech life recovery. 252 HP and 232 Sp.def ev’s let golisopod live 2 specs 252+ sylveon hyper voices, as well as a specs magnezone thunderbolt. 26 speed IVs give golisopod as much speed as possible while being slower than minimum speed magnezone and aegislash.
Liquidation and leech life are golisopod’s two stab moves and what it will be using most of the time. Liquidation hits fire types and Leech life is especially useful for slowly wearing down opponents while healing itself in the process, letting it beat defensively tanky attackers like defensive specs necrozma and life orb kartana. Poison jab lets golisopod deal heavy damage to fairy types while taking little from their attacks, helping it vs sylveon, tapu fini, and primarina. Sucker punch lets golisopod finish off custap users and pokemon faster than it when necessary. Drill run is an alternate move that lets golisopod beat naganadel, specs volcanion, and non-bulky magnezone.

These are the most important calcs I can think of, if you ask how golisopod beats a certain pokemon I’ll show in calcs.

Sylveon:
(specs)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 148-175 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(custap)
92+ SpA Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. -2 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Necrozma:
(fast specs)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 244-288 (69.3 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 153-180 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
Photon geysers barely 2HKO’s and definitely doesn’t when factoring in leech life recovery.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 157-186 (46.8 - 55.5%) -- 71.1% chance to 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 93-109 (27.7 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
46.8+46.8+27.7=121.3%.
Golisopod kills fast specs necrozma with two leech lifes+a sucker punch.

(defensive specs)
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 139-163 (34.9 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Min roll does 139, heals 69.
92+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Photon Geyser vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 135-160 (38.3 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Max roll does 160.
Golisopod’s hp is 352, and since 352-160+69-160+69-160=10, golisopod can take 3 photon geysers and live with at least 10 health, when accounting for leech life recovery.

Naganadel:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 198-234 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Golisopod tanks two specs modest draco meteors from naganadel,
16 Atk Golisopod Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 184-218 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And easily kills back with two drill runs.

Darmanitan-galar:
If choice band darmanitan galar clicks giga impact golisopod lives it and kills back with two leech lifes and a sucker punch.
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Giga Impact vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 286-337 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 171-202 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
48.7+48.7+28.4=125.8%(easily kills even with minimum rolls).

If choice band darmanitan-galar goes for a flare blitz; golisopod kills back with leech life, sucker punch, and flare blitz’s recoil.
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 229-270 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Minimum roll=229, darmanitan takes 114 damage minimum from recoil.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 171-202 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO.
Leech life minimum roll=171.
Sucker punch minimum roll=100.
114+171+100=385, 0 hp darmanitan has 351 hp. Even slightly bulky darmanitan loses to golisopod since 385 is significantly larger than 351.

If choice band darmanitan-galar doesn’t win then choice scarf definitely doesn’t.

Magnezone:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 232 SpD Assault Vest Golisopod: 278-330 (78.9 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

16 Atk Golisopod Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 248-296 (88.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 55-65 (19.5 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
88.2+19.5=107.7%, ez ko.

Zarude(The setcomp set got changed like yesterday so :/):
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 400-472 (96.6 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO.(zarude is essentially forced to bulk up first turn to live a leech life.)

If they do bulk up:
+3 0 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 253-298 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
They can’t kill after bulk up+weakness policy boost and die to a second leech life.

If they don’t bulk up they die to leech life+sucker punch.
16 Atk Golisopod Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 400-472 (96.6 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Zarude: 29-34 (7 - 8.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
96.6+7=103.6%, ez OHKO.

Darmanitan(fire):
252+ Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 297-351 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Golisopod Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 362-428 (103.1 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kartana:
Minimum roll does 84, heals 42.

252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 244 HP / 16+ Def Golisopod: 165-196 (46.8 - 55.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
Maximum roll does 196.

Golisopod’s hp is 352, 352-196+42-196=2.

16 Atk Golisopod Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 50-59 (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO
32.4+32.4+19.3+10(life orb damage)+10(life orb damage)=104.1%, golisopod kills with two leech lifes+sucker punch+life orb recoil.

S Rank
:genesect: Genesect W/L
:urshifu: Urshifu-S L

S- Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-R W/L
:zygarde: Zygarde L

A+ Rank
:necrozma: Necrozma W/L
:rillaboom: Rillaboom W/L
:spectrier: Spectrier L
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini W/L

A Rank

:Sylveon: Sylveon W/L
:volcanion: Volcanion W/L
:Zeraora: Zeraora L

A- Rank
:aggron: Aggron L
:Arcanine: Arcanine W/L
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar W(unless band thrash or stone edge)
:Dragapult: Dragapult W/L
:jirachi: Jirachi W
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T L
:naganadel: Naganadel W(unless nasty plot life orb)
:regidrago: Regidrago L
:regieleki: Regieleki L
:togekiss: Togekiss L
:zapdos: Zapdos L

B+ Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse L
:cresselia: Cresselia W/L
:garchomp: Garchomp L
:goodra: Goodra L
:heatran: Heatran W
:Kyurem: Kyurem L
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G L
:nihilego: Nihilego W/L
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z W(unless modest specs)
:Primarina: Primarina W
:registeel: Registeel L
:Sawk: Sawk W(unless thunder punch)
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko L
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele W
:volcarona: Volcarona W/L
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G L
:zarude: Zarude W

B Rank
:Avalugg: Avalugg W/L
:azumarill: Azumarill L
:blaziken: Blaziken W
:celesteela: Celesteela L
:chansey: Chansey L
:Clefable: Clefable W/L
:Dracovish: Dracovish W
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt L
:glastrier: Glastrier W
:Haxorus: Haxorus W/L
:magnezone: Magnezone W
:pheromosa: Pheromosa W
:tyranitar: Tyranitar L
:venusaur: Venusaur L

B- Rank
:Carracosta: Carracosta L
:Crustle: Crustle L
:diancie: Diancie L
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn L
:incineroar: Incineroar W/L
:kartana: Kartana W/L
:latios: Latios W
:metagross: Metagross W
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior L
:suicune: Suicune L
:swampert: Swampert W/L

C+ Rank
:Aegislash: Aegislash W
:buzzwole: Buzzwole L
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar L
:entei: Entei W/L
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir W
:gastrodon: Gastrodon L
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon W
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o L
:Porygon2: Porygon2 W(unless its my set but nobody’s running that)
:Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku L
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola L
:raikou: Raikou L
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat W
:tapu bulu: Tapu Bulu L

C Rank
:archeops: Archeops L
:articuno: Articuno L
:bellossom: Bellossom L
:blacephalon: Blacephalon W
:Blissey: Blissey L
:Chandelure: Chandelure W
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr L
:Corviknight: Corviknight L
:Darmanitan: Darmanitan W
:Diggersby: Diggersby W
:Durant: Durant L
:landorus: Landorus W
:latias: Latias W
:mamoswine: Mamoswine W
:nidoking: Nidoking W
:Quagsire: Quagsire L
:regice: Regice L
:salamence: Salamence L
:salazzle: Salazzle W
:skarmory: Skarmory L
:torkoal: Torkoal L
:type-null: Type:Null L
:weavile: Weavile W
:Whimsicott: Whimsicott L

C- Rank
:bewear: Bewear L
:dragalge: Dragalge L
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl W/L
:Moltres: Moltres L
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom-W L
:Scizor: Scizor L
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar W
:stakataka: Stakataka W
:talonflame: Talonflame W
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-T L

34 W
20 W/L
58 L
Out of 112.

Golisopod does great against fire/water/grass teams, as its two stabs water and bug are super effective against fire and grass respectively, and golisopod can sit in front of water types taking little from their attacks while slowly killing them with leech life. Additionally, golisopod can beat primarina and most tapu fini sets, which is usually the dragon answer on a fwg team. Most notably when golisopod is using poison jab on its set it can 3-0 the current fwg sample team, while also beating both avalugg and tapu fini from LRXC’s sample team, giving it a valuable niche on the 1v1 ladder.

So far I’ve only experimented with assault vest, but I honestly think that sets like rocky helmet and life orb golisopod could be viable in the future. For now I think it sits well in C+ tier.
Agreed. I also want to add that skitter smack is also a very strong option for Golisopod to go with on ladder battles it helps even more with special attackers. Razor Shell can work as well and Aqua Jet combined with it enables some funky 2HKO combos. Also it is interesting to see that Golisopod lives jolly non choicebanded Zeraora plasma fists so with around 228 atk invesment Drill Run into Aqua Jet could pick up the KO there but im not sure how many non CB Zera's are on ladder rn. Overall i really support this nomination

Nominating Wishiwashi for C- tier
1621118321584.png

(wishiwashing machine)
Wishiwashi is a very bulky and strong threat in School form, which allows it to check many prominent threats in the 1v1 metagame, including urshifu-s, genesect,zygarde, aggron, and arcanine. Also this mon is 100% carried by its bst of 620 because its movepool sucks. Wishiwashi's monstrous stats allows it to ohko or 2hko most offensive threats, and gives this mon a valuable niche in the current metagame. Due to these reason, I believe wishiwashi should be put on the viability rankings.
Credit to me for the calcs/movepool/idea and to adam3560 for one of the spreads
set:https://pokepast.es/c83aaef6e185a261
Band is pretty straightforward, max max, also underspeeds mons like diancie, aegislash, and others. The specs set is Ev'd to tank HJK from banded pheromosa. On the band set, aqua tail is for stab, eq for coverage, iron tail for faires like lele and ice beam to smack things like zygarde or lando-t. For the specs set, hydro for stab, beam for zyg, eq for coverage(mud slap bad lol), iron tail can be used for fairies or whirlpool for endure/sturdy users.
Also just a disclaimer for the calcs below, some of these calcs were made before adam gave me the current specs set, as it was previously was just 252 spatk 4 atk 252 hp. All of the old calcs/mus are still the same, shifu gets ohkoed, sect loses, zyg loses, etc.
Calcs(where wishiwashi wins ok):
Band(against gene):
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 297-351 (104.9 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 205-242 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(btw its 0 in both and for some reason download gives +atk idk)
Band beats mixed lorb sect
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 267-315 (78.2 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Occa with leech life wins, otherwise band washi lives
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 267-315 (94.3 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Genesect Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 162-192 (55.1 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Damage roll here lol for band
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 16 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 297-351 (103.4 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Av loses lmao
244 SpA Genesect Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 108-127 (36.7 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 8 Def Genesect: 264-312 (92.9 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Special scarf gets clowned on
So uh band beats every sect outside of occa leech life and specs
Specs(against gene):
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 327-385 (115.1 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Special scarf gets clowned on again lmaoooo
252+ SpA Life Orb Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 205-242 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 327-385 (115.5 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mixed lorb loses
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 327-385 (95.8 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 224+ Atk Genesect Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 160-189 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
A roll vs occa
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Genesect: 324-382 (114.4 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Genesect Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 148-175 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Phys scarf loses

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 124+ SpD Zygarde: 572-676 (136.5 - 161.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 124+ SpD Zygarde: 384-452 (91.6 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 136 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 177-208 (60.2 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
136 Atk Zygarde Skitter Smack vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 46-55 (15.6 - 18.7%) -- possible 5HKO
Haha zygarde die to specs washing machine and also that's wp skitter so everything else also dies. Also skitter to wp boosted thousand arrows doesn’t even kill what is this garbage mon.
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 144 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 476-560 (121.1 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This is an alt spread i got(weird spread ngl) and it just dies
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 712-840 (178 - 210%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Helmet dies
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD Zygarde: 704-832 (167.6 - 198%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Haban DD is gone

4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 124+ SpD Zygarde: 292-344 (69.6 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yikes band wishiwashi sucks lmao zyg wins because it just clicks skitter twice into thousand arrows idk if i even need to calc this

4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 364-432 (91 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 78-93 (26.5 - 31.6%) -- 17.8% chance to 3HKO
Helmet gets owned
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD Zygarde: 360-424 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
68+ Atk Zygarde Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 121-144 (41.1 - 48.9%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO
Haban is a dmg roll which is not actually in your favor

4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zygarde: 360-428 (85.9 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Yeah sub toxic stall loses to both

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 492-580 (171.4 - 202%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 241-285 (81.9 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 440-518 (153.3 - 180.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Both specs and band beat naga

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu: 469-553 (137.5 - 162.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs beats every shifu outside of AV, band cannot beat any shifu sadly
Urshifu-rapid just walls this mon so we don’t talk about it

4 Atk Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Tapu Lele: 214-254 (62.3 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School in Psychic Terrain: 135-160 (45.9 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 120-142 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
Specs can beat lele given enough accuracy

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Tapu Lele: 420-496 (122.4 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Band just wins

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Sylveon: 442-520 (112.1 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Band beats sylv
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Sylveon: 246-291 (62.4 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
92+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 232-274 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specs wins if they hyper voice
92+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 387-456 (131.6 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs washi loses if they beam

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 212 HP / 16 SpD Spectrier: 369-435 (93.6 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Specs washi has a chance to ohko spectrier outright, and it 2hkos through cm
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. +1 212 HP / 16 SpD Spectrier: 246-291 (62.4 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, Grassy Terrain recovery, and Poison Heal(here, leftovers + g terrain + poison heal is 24% or about the same as sitrus berry)
Disable spec wins unfortunately, but otherwise specs washi takes the win
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 212 HP / 96 Def Spectrier: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 212 HP / 96 Def Spectrier: 168-198 (42.6 - 50.2%)
This means cb wishiwashi beats spectrier without disable
0 SpA Spectrier Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 150-177 (51 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage
Also hex is dealing no kinds of damage lol
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 400-472 (99.7 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Arcanine: 476-564 (130.7 - 154.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 172 HP / 84 Def Arcanine: 372-438 (102.1 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
After burn up
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Arcanine: 238-282 (65.3 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 172 HP / 84 Def Arcanine: 186-219 (51 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
W for wishi, also that’s av

252 Atk Choice Band Aggron Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Wishiwashi-School: 244-288 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The gron is gone

252 Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Wishiwashi-School: 129-152 (43.8 - 51.7%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO
Band darm-g wins w giga impact

252 Atk Choice Band Dragapult Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 220-261 (74.8 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragapult: 220-260 (69.4 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 365-430 (128.9 - 151.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Band loses, specs wins

4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 136 SpD Landorus-Therian: 360-424 (94.2 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Yeah wishiwashi wins and also this is sitrus band dies too

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 313-369 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 378-446 (110.8 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
gaming

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Volcanion: 298-352 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Volcanion: 152-180 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
64+ SpA Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 77-91 (26.1 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Band wins, specs 4hkos but volcanion is doing no dmg
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Togekiss: 366-432 (97.8 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 88+ SpD Togekiss: 244-288 (65.2 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Togekiss is pain just get lucky for this mu
Also specs just loses bc we all know that u are getting stunned every turn

Obviously beats heatran so who cares

+3 112+ SpA Moltres-Galar Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 280-330 (95.2 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
With custap berry moltres-galar is just a losing mu for specs cuz it doesn’t get ohkoed

0 Atk Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nihilego: 700-824 (194.4 - 228.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
owned

88+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 254-300 (86.3 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 200 Def Porygon-Z: 267-315 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Porygon-Z: 378-445 (121.1 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Literally only beats custap porygon

Registeel walls this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Avalugg: 216-256 (65.2 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
36 Def Choice Band Avalugg Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 120-142 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 576-678 (173.4 - 204.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Beats lugg, just hope that they don’t have mirror coat if you are specs
Stonewalled by bliss/chans we do not talk about it

Volc loses and im too lazy to put the calc here its already 10 f*cking pages off calcs in total

252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 229-270 (77.8 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos-Galar: 352-416 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Once again, specs wins, band loses
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Whirlpool vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Blaziken: 300-354 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Whirlpool vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Blaziken: 284-336 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Specs trolls WP endure blaziken

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 340-402 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Iron tail moment

Band is almost guaranteed to win against endure chomp, every other variant just loses
Specs washi obv ohkos we don’t need to calc that
204+ Atk Glastrier Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 120-142 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 48 SpD Assault Vest Glastrier: 184-217 (45.5 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Glastrier: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
water

+2 252+ Atk Glastrier Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 248-292 (84.3 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Glastrier: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Glastrier: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glastrier: 288-340 (71.2 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Custap glastrier loses

252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Wishiwashi-School: 244-288 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 458-540 (155.7 - 183.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
176+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 436-514 (148.2 - 174.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 234-276 (79.5 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We do a little bit of ohkoing haxorus(except band lol)

224+ SpA Choice Specs Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 255-300 (86.7 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 116 Def Pheromosa: 433-511 (153 - 180.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 670-789 (236.7 - 278.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Specs gets trolled
252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 80 Def Wishiwashi-School: 247-292 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pheromosa: 543-639 (191.8 - 225.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 670-789 (236.7 - 278.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rolls moment. It’s in your favor tho ok so adam helped me and made a dif set that lives HJK:252 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Wishiwashi-School: 247-292 (84 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
136 Atk Choice Band Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 244-288 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Pheromosa: 397-468 (140.2 - 165.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Anti rilla band gets trolled epicly

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Tyranitar: 458-540 (113.3 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 474-558 (121.2 - 142.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 200 HP / 152 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 240-284 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I finally found another situation in which band > specs. Oh wait its just a ttar in sand with av

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 340-402 (93.4 - 110.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Metagross: 272-322 (74.7 - 88.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
124+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 90-107 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 59% chance to 3HKO
+2 124+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 180-212 (61.2 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Damage rolls moment. Also band sucks
Mixed WP metagross gets trolled.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 340-402 (112.5 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 174-206 (57.6 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specs washi beats venu unless u get really unlucky with sleep turns and they hit every sleep powder
Also band sucks

+2 252 SpA Carracosta Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 223-264 (75.8 - 89.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Carracosta: 296-350 (102.4 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8- SpD Carracosta: 487-574 (138.7 - 163.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Uh i think thats how meteor beam is calced idk. If so, carracosta loses
Edit:
Ok apparently u have to add it itself, uh washi loses
+2 252+ Atk Crustle Rock Wrecker vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 369-435 (125.5 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yikes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 148+ SpD Diancie: 360-426 (118.4 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Diancie: 496-584 (163.1 - 192.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You even underspeed lmaooooooo. We do a large amount of trolling

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 168 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Incineroar: 356-422 (95.4 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Incineroar: 372-440 (99.7 - 117.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO(vs av)
We do a small amount of trolling lel
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 40 Def Incineroar: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 44+ Atk Incineroar Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 214-253 (72.7 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Incineroar: 680-804 (173 - 204.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Gonna say it for the 15th time today but band wishiwashi is terrible

128 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Wishiwashi-School: 225-265 (76.5 - 90.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 160-190 (48 - 57%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
Why does band suck actually never use banded wishiwashi unless you enjoy being in pain
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Ice Beam vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 316-372 (94.8 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
In your favor but not consistent

252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 507-597 (116.8 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Rhyperior is a bad mon i swear it loses even with max investment
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Ice Scales Rhyperior: 474-558 (109.2 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I gave rhyperior ice scales and av just for fun and it still dies
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 92 SpD Swampert: 309-364 (77 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Wishiwashi-School Aqua Tail vs. 240 HP / 8 Def Swampert: 277-327 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
124+ Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 115-136 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO
Yawnpert loses to both, also band gets haha funny number for
252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi-School Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 48 SpD Assault Vest Swampert: 216-255 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Av countercoat wins if they guess correctly

S Rank
:genesect:
Genesect W/L for band, which beats mixed lorb but loses to specs
:urshifu:
Urshifu-S W for specs(unless av), loss for band

S- Rank
:urshifu:
Urshifu-R Loss for both
:zygarde:
Zygarde Win for both

A+ Rank
:necrozma:
Necrozma L
:rillaboom:
Rillaboom L
:spectrier:
Spectrier W/L on whether they have disable
:tapu fini:
Tapu Fini L, u get walled lmao

A Rank
:Sylveon:
Sylveon W for band(unless specs sylv), L for specs
:volcanion:
Volcanion W/L cuz u just spam eq but they can wisp
:Zeraora:
Zeraora L

A- Rank
:aggron:
Aggron W
:Arcanine:
Arcanine W
:Darmanitan-Galar:
Darmanitan-Galar W/L dependent on set
:Dragapult:
Dragapult W/L. W if you are specs and it isn't sub disable, loss otherwise
:jirachi:
Jirachi W/L(stall set exists but I don't have 1 rn so I just tried max max and wishi loses)
:landorus-therian:
Landorus-T W
:naganadel:
Naganadel W
:regidrago:
Regidrago L
:regieleki:
Regieleki L
:togekiss:
Togekiss W/L(luck dependent)
:zapdos:
Zapdos L

B+ Rank
:Aromatisse:
Aromatisse L if specs, otherwise W if band
:cresselia:
Cresselia L
:garchomp:
Garchomp W
:goodra:
Goodra L
:heatran:
Heatran W
:Kyurem:
Kyurem L
:moltres-galar:
Moltres-G L
:nihilego:
Nihilego W
:porygon-z:
Porygon-Z W/L
:Primarina:
Primarina L
:registeel:
Registeel L
:Sawk:
Sawk L
:tapu koko:
Tapu Koko L
:tapu lele:
Tapu Lele W. Easy W for band but harder for specs
:volcarona:
Volcarona W
:zapdos-galar:
Zapdos-G W
:zarude:
Zarude L

B Rank
:Avalugg:
Avalugg W/L, band wins with iron tail cmon it 2hkos bruh
:azumarill:
Azumarill L
:blaziken:
Blaziken W for specs
:celesteela:
Celesteela L
:chansey:
Chansey L
:Clefable:
Clefable W/L(if it doesn't have counter it just loses)
:Dracovish:
Dracovish L
:Dracozolt:
Dracozolt L
:glastrier:
Glastrier W
:Haxorus:
Haxorus W
:magnezone:
Magnezone L
:pheromosa:
Pheromosa W
:tyranitar:
Tyranitar W
:venusaur:
VenusaurL

B- Rank
:Carracosta:
Carracosta L
:Crustle:
Crustle L
:diancie:
Diancie W
:ferrothorn:
FerrothornL
:incineroar:
Incineroar W
:kartana:
Kartana L
:latios:
Latios W
:metagross:
Metagross W
:Rhyperior:
Rhyperior W
:suicune:
Suicune L
:swampert:
Swampert W/L
W - 9
L - 13
W/L - 9
I haven't tried any non choice sets yet(bc choice sets r prob better wishiwashi needs the power), but for now I think it would sit well in C- tier
TDLR: Rank big fish he ohko things and beat good mons ok bye. Oh and also band wishiwashi sucks and exists for the sole reason of beating aromatisse and sylv and lele
changes:
venu is loss bc its biased in their favor
swamp is W/L now
Volcanion is W/L now
pult is W/L now
jirachi is W/L
clef is W/L
also for rolls like volcarona and modest specs naga I'm keeping them as wins because the rolls are still in wishiwashi's favor

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)